Forums/NHL

One hot take per team

4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 9
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Modifié 4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 27
ANA: Rakell is overrated
ARI: Kessel being elite in PIT shows that he can't be the driving force in a team, he needs a player who's better than him
BOS: they're not making the playoffs next year
BUF: Mittlestadt shuld be used at wing
CGY: both Gaudreau and Monahan are overrated to the well being of CGY and both should be moved
CAR: Teravainen is in the top 5 of the best playmakers in the league
CHI: Toews brings more to the overall game than players who are considered better like Tavares
COL: Landeskog is more or less the new Toews
CBJ: Werenski-Jones have a better chemistry than Josi-Ellis and therefore together are the best pairing in the league
DAL;Heiskanen is the league's best young d-man, Makar and Hughes aren't even in the same league. The only one who is is Dahlin
DET: their fans overrate Mantha like crazy, he ISN'T worth a top 10 pick plus A prospect at all, not even close IMO
EDM: Draisaitl isn't in the top 5 of the best centers in the league
FLA: Ekblad is criminally underrated
LA: Doughty is still elite
MIN: Eriksson-Ek is one of the best defensive centers that isn't a big name (Bergeron, ROR, Toews...)
MTL: Weber is still one of the 10 best d-men in the league
NSH: they should blow it up and start over
NJ: Subban is in the top 5 of the worst d-men in hockey
NYI: Barzal is as good as Marner, maybe slightly better
NYR: Adam Fox is a better overall player than Hughes/Makar and it's not close
OTT: Pierre Dorion isn't that bad
PHI: they're not likely to win anything with AV as their head coach, dude's terrible in the playoffs
PIT: Marino's their best d-man
SJS: losing Pavs wasn't inherently bad, it was spending 26,5 mil on 3 aging d-man that was the biggest mistake GMDW made
STL: Parayko has everything to be one of the league's 12-15 best d-man, maybe he's already there...
TBL: Point is a top 5 C in the league and should be the captain
TOR: Rielly's their MVP... bonus one: signing JT rushed their rebuilding process and it was a mistake
VAN: Horvat is Toews 2.0, it's like he is his son
VGK: the Pacioretty deal will be one of the worst trades of since 00 by 2025
WSH: Ovi doesn't care about anything else than beating 99's goals record
WIN: Ehlers is their 2nd best forward after Scheifele

Bonus one:
-Lindell isn't a disaster at all, I do agree he can be very inconsistent and that is contract isn't the best but I strongly disagree with calling him awful
GMs, MisstheWhalers, Kotkaniemi15 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
GMs, zk97 et DoctorBreakfast a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 24
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,096
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

Agree with the Ottawa one. He might be in a tough position because he’s under a controlling owner but he does really well with what he has. His background is scouting so he knows what players to go afyrr
capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 26
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,388
Boy, most of these are GREAT! But could you please edit the Las Vegas one so I can understand it?

Only one I would disagree with is the first. But I can see your point.
TanSor et Remus a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 26
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,875
SJS: losing Pavs wasn't inherently bad, it was spending 26,5 mil on 3 aging d-man that was the biggest mistake GMDW made

Yeah actually. Pretty spot on. I'm not sure how hot of a take this is. Keeping Pavelski would have been very nice and ultimately a benefit to the team, but the main issue was having both Burns and Karlsson on the same blue line with their respective cap hits. If Karlsson was going to resign (which I don't blame Doug for doing) Burns should have been on his way out. If not him, then Vlasic. I really disliked losing Pavs, but ultimately that alone shouldn't have wrecked this team.
OldNYIfan et capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 27
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: csick
Agree with the Ottawa one. He might be in a tough position because he’s under a controlling owner but he does really well with what he has. His background is scouting so he knows what players to go afyrr

Did you not read the part about Not Hitting Quote?
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 28
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,503
Is NYI that much of a hot take? It's pretty much a consensus outside of the Leafs' fanbase
TanSor, Kotkaniemi15, rangersandislesfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 28
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,451
As a DAL fan I sign that claim right there.
OldNYIfan et TanSor a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,129
Pretty fair list for the most part, but I have some questions.

So Landeskog is the new Toews, but Horvat is Toews 2.0? I'm confused...

Also, how are you judging chemistry for werenski/jones and josi/ellis? I'm curious as to how you would further justify one pairing is better/worse than the other.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 29
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Quoting: SevenLeg
Is NYI that much of a hot take? It's pretty much a consensus outside of the Leafs' fanbase

I don't think I've ever seen Leafs fans compare Barzal and Marner.

also lol at a bunch of these
Daryl a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 29
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: SevenLeg

I think it is for a lot of the Western Conference. You gotta remember we only see these guys 2 or 4 times per year plus the playoffs.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 30
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999

All fans overrate their players, Some delusional Hab fans think that they can get Patrik Laine for Domi+Mete+Montreal's 2020 1st round pick #16.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 33
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
All fans overrate their players, Some delusional Hab fans think that they can get Patrik Laine for Domi+Mete+Montreal's 2020 1st round pick #16.

4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 39
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,992
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58

Nothing drives me crazier than habs fans thinking they can get actual value out of Domi - who has definitely become the most overrated player on this website.
DiehardRedWingsFan58, OldNYIfan, TanSor and 4 others a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: villenash
Pretty fair list for the most part, but I have some questions.

So Landeskog is the new Toews, but Horvat is Toews 2.0? I'm confused...

Also, how are you judging chemistry for werenski/jones and josi/ellis? I'm curious as to how you would further justify one pairing is better/worse than the other.

About Landeskog: it definitely could’ve be worded better. I meant to say that he’s the Avs’ Toews.

About the pairings: both teams have adequate/above average G. Both have « meh » offenses. That being said, only one of these pairings is able to carry its team to the promised land (contention)
OldNYIfan, TanSor et villenash a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 43
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
Quoting: Wqrrior
Nothing drives me crazier than habs fans thinking they can get actual value out of Domi - who has definitely become the most overrated player on this website.

He's had one 72 point season on a pretty good Montreal team, And now of of a sudden they think he's god's gift to hockey the next Wayne Gretzky.
Wqrrior et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 43
KFTW
Quoting: OldNYIfan

What do u mean
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 46
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: csick
What do u mean

Think before Typing.

Reflection improves Results.

The first entry, by the poster: "Ok I named dozens of people here so PLS do NOT press «quote», press «reply» pls, I don't want everyone to get like 3927462 notifs!! Also DON'Y like this post, again, notification issues."
csick et TanSor a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 47
KFTW
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Think before Typing.

Reflection improves Results.

The first entry, by the poster: "Ok I named dozens of people here so PLS do NOT press «quote», press «reply» pls, I don't want everyone to get like 3927462 notifs!! Also DON'Y like this post, again, notification issues."

Oh my bad. I quoted at first and then I realized and thought I just replied, didn’t notice quote was still there . My bad
OldNYIfan, TanSor, rangersandislesfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 55
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,129
About Landeskog: it definitely could’ve be worded better. I meant to say that he’s the Avs’ Toews.

About the pairings: both teams have adequate/above average G. Both have « meh » offenses. That being said, only one of these pairings is able to carry its team to the promised land (contention)

I mean, Josi-Ellis was made the top pair when Weber was trade for Subban and they made it to the cup finals their first year together - as well as the past 3/4 playoffs (they did miss top 16 this year). NSH as a whole is trending downward, but that top pair seems to be getting better even if the team is a declining. Coaching could be a factor as well there - I think Torts is more influential to them becoming contenders.
4 oct. 2020 à 19 h 59
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,390
I'll just comment on the Jets part, this season Ehlers was the Jets best forward and it wasn't close really, Scheifele does have a tougher job being 1C but if you watched him game in game out there's aspects to his game that are just ****ing terrible yet he usually gets a free pass from the coach and majority of the fanbase whereas Ehlers turns the puck over once and the inbreds are out with their pitchforks ready to run him out of town, same thing for Laine, I swear if those two were born on North American soil there wouldn't be much complaining about them amongst Jets fans and local media.

Anyway that's just my take, Scheifele is good but Ehlers is really a special talent and a treat to watch.

Interesting list, thanks for the mention!
TanSor et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 20 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
I agree with nearly all of these. I guess in general MN players don't get very much recognition nationally because let's be honest what reason is there to give an F about this team if you aren't a Wild fan? I bet around half, if not more, of casual NHL fans still think Fiala is just a fine 2nd line player.

Even spicier take: Brodin-Spurgeon was the best shut-down pairing in the league but Suter cried to our owner about playing with Dumba and Boudreau broke up the pairing.
MisstheWhalers et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 20 h 0
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I'll just comment on the Jets part, this season Ehlers was the Jets best forward and it wasn't close really, Scheifele does have a tougher job being 1C but if you watched him game in game out there's aspects to his game that are just ****ing terrible yet he usually gets a free pass from the coach and majority of the fanbase whereas Ehlers turns the puck over once and the inbreds are out with their pitchforks ready to run him out of town, same thing for Laine, I swear if those two were born on North American soil there wouldn't be much complaining about them amongst Jets fans and local media.

Anyway that's just my take, Scheifele is good but Ehlers is really a special talent and a treat to watch.

Interesting list, thanks for the mention!

Ehlers is incredible. One of my favorite players in the league, he's so talented. I catch myself watching him when we play the Jets
MisstheWhalers, OldNYIfan, rangersandislesfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 20 h 2
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,390
Quoting: TanSor
I agree with nearly all of these. I guess in general MN players don't get very much recognition nationally because let's be honest what reason is there to give an F about this team if you aren't a Wild fan? I bet around half, if not more, of casual NHL fans still think Fiala is just a fine 2nd line player.

Even spicier take: Brodin-Spurgeon was the best shut-down pairing in the league but Suter cried to our owner about playing with Dumba and Boudreau broke up the pairing.

Does Suter stomp his feet and get whatever he wants like Wheeler does??
4 oct. 2020 à 20 h 5
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Does Suter stomp his feet and get whatever he wants like Wheeler does??

Yes, he's really good friends with our owner. It's happened a couple times, first with Brodin like 5 years back when we had Brodin on the top pairing and Suter didn't want to play with another left shot D, then again a few years ago where he wanted to play with Spurgeon because Dumba likes to pinch and Suter had to take on a more defensive role.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage