Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 384
Quoting: tkecanuck341
His NMC doesn't kick in until July 1.

Ah okay. Thanks for the info.
19 juin à 16 h 9
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,322
With moves like this no wonder they're buying CapFriendly!!
vmark et Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 16 h 10
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,106
Quoting: Bobrick
Why would PLD waive his NTC for Washington?!

Probably told he'd be put in waivers if he didn't and he could be stuck anywhere then even say back in Columbus. Though they'd have to be brain dead to want him back.
19 juin à 16 h 11
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,806
Quoting: tkecanuck341
His NMC doesn't kick in until July 1.

I ****ing love the last second “**** you” to one of the NHL’s biggest babies.
GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 16 h 14
Pete
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Well done! Respect to both GMs.
19 juin à 16 h 23
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 105
Quoting: NARC311
Pretty Low risk, high reward trade for the Caps. If he bounces back this will be an all time trade.

If he doesn’t bounce back, then the Caps will just have to bottom out once Ovi retires. Which was already a possibility

HEY!

We don't like your kind here...
19 juin à 16 h 25
Suzukis bathwater
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 220
People voting for LA Kings are missing the big picture:

In 2023, Los Angeles traded :
- Gabe Villardi;
- Rasmus Kupari;
- Alex Iafallo;
- Mtl 2nd round pick in 2024;

for

- Pierre-Luc Dubois;

In 2022, Washignton signed, FOR FREE :
- Darcy Kuemper.

Keep in mind, Kuemper played 2 years for them for free, had a bad year and STILL was traded to LAK for, most likely, their #1 center for 2024-2025, on a tandem with Dylan Strome. He's still young and it's very likely that he gets a bounce back year being their #1 (or #2) guy next year.

Is he worth 8.5M$? No (at least not right now). Is he better than a 0.890 save percentage 34 YO, 5.25M$ goalie? Absolutely!

Washington wins this BIG TIME. If you don't see it, I don't know what to tell you.
19 juin à 16 h 31
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,377
Modifié 19 juin à 16 h 36
If the Caps weren't currently being hated on just for the sole reason of that they bought this site, everyone would say the Caps win this trade, which they do.

Kuemper had dropped down to a 3rd string goalie making $5 million, thinking the Kings will just turn him into M.Murray or Lehner and force him into LTIRetire him.

PLD can bounce back and be a 50-60 point center on a team so desperate for talent to keep Ovie happy.

That NMC will be a headache but if PLD starts whining he'll allow a trade to happen.

Now imagine if the Caps complete a trade for Marner.

LOL
NARC311 a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 16 h 34
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,377
Quoting: Khalenix

- Gabe Villardi;
- Rasmus Kupari;
- Alex Iafallo;

for

- Pierre-Luc Dubois;

- Darcy Kuemper.

Keep in mind, Kuemper played 2 years for them for free, had a bad year and STILL was traded to LAK for, most likely, their #1 center for 2024-2025, on a tandem with Dylan Strome. He's still young and it's very likely that he gets a bounce back year being their #1 (or #2) guy next year.

Is he worth 8.5M$? No (at least not right now). Is he better than a 0.890 save percentage 34 YO, 5.25M$ goalie? Absolutely!

Washington wins this BIG TIME. If you don't see it, I don't know what to tell you.

You forgot to add LAK traded Durzi to get that 2nd Rd pick they included in the PLD trade.

Big time oOffffff!!!!!!
19 juin à 16 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,356
This is the punishment for Washington buying up CapFriendly and shutting it down.

I hope you eat this turd and choke on it.
vmark, dopplsan et TheLaosMonster a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 16 h 42

- Gabe Villardi;
- Rasmus Kupari;
- Alex Iafallo;

for

- Pierre-Luc Dubois;

- Darcy Kuemper.

Unless Kuemper returns to the goaltender he was when he played for the Kings the first time. The Kings have a tendency of turning meh goaltenders into gold.
19 juin à 16 h 43
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 28
Here's how I see it. I think it's a bigger risk than the caps should have taken at this point in their franchise direction. But PLD has the potential to still be a very good player. Carberry is an incredible coach and a very positive motivator. This could age great for the caps. But, committing that much money to that guy for 7 more years could greatly hamstring the organization. That's not quite a risk I would be willing to take, but let's not act like this story is written already. Easily could turn out great for the caps.
19 juin à 16 h 54
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 7,781
I had a feeling PLD was going to go 1f1 for a goalie, but I thought it was going to be Saros.

Reasoning still applies, like Nashville, Washington has no 1C capable guy anywhere on their org chart. Dubois certainly has the skill to be that if they can get his head on straight.

Now the only question is, he got traded before his trade protection kicks in, does that still nullify his trade protection on the remainder of his contract?
vmark a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 17 h 9
CGM
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Kings have had great goalie coaches for awhile, they got Kuemper going last time around, so I would expect him to rebound with LA.

Then the Kings have an asset that is actually wanted around the league especially if they decide to retain any salary.
19 juin à 17 h 16
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 97
Quoting: ON3M4N
That 2nd was acquired by trading away Durzi to ARZ just a few days before the traded for PLD. Its crazy that all LAK has to show for trading away all those players is Darcy Kuemper

yea and Durzi is actually good... Walker didn't have a bad year either... sure they'll probably let Roy walk even though he's one of their better players. Chevy fleeced Blake, is what happened, just the sheer amt of assets WPG got in that deal is wild. But PLD sucks so LA blew it by even trading for him in the first place.

Vilardi had a better season and he missed half the year.
ON3M4N a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 17 h 18
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 26,588
Best thing that's happened to the Kings since acquiring Phillip Danault.
19 juin à 17 h 42
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 60
The Caps will wish they got a hold of this website sooner because the Caps are clowns for this trade
19 juin à 17 h 47
Rejoint: mars 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 64
first L by Eric Tulsky
NARC311 a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 17 h 49
Every dollar of the savings will go to Matt Roy's contract extension.
19 juin à 18 h 39
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 247
This is a fun trade, and hard to evaluate in terms of winners and losers. Really comes down to the fact that both teams accomplished something kind of extraordinary.

The Kings managed to updo a mistake and actually improve at a position of need. It's true Kuemper was awful last year, but considering there was a strong possibility of having to either retain, sweeten the pot or simply buyout Dubois, this is incredible value. Also, with Danault & Kopitar holding down the fort and Byfield looking ready for more opportunity, I wouldn't have wanted to try and run it back if I were LA either.

The Caps managed to turn a 34 year old goalie with an iffy contract coming off a horrendous season into a 25 year old center with size and physicality, who really only had 1 down year after developing into a solid 2C from his sophmore season onward. That is some tidy work for a team that needed to add some additional offensive punch to their line up, and get someone for Ovi to play with as he chases Gretzky's record. If PLD gets back to his 25+ goal, 60 point pace, while adding some snarl, he's going to help that team a lot, and as the cap rises and that team needs to go into a true rebuild, he likely can be traded down the road for some significant positive value. Dubois has enough of a track record of being far better than he was last year, and is young enough, that he's probably one of the stronger bets for a rebound season next year. The problem with PLD has always been he was overrated because of how close he seems to an ideal #1 C, but in reality, if your expectation is a solid offensive 2C with some snarl but suspect defensive ability, he's likely a good bet to get back to that. Even if he gets back to that standard, he's probably a bit overpaid for his reputation, but at 25, with a rising cap, it's actually quite likely that he grows into that contract enough to make this a very solid deal for Washington given their needs and situation.

This is the rare Win-win straight up hockey deal with players of actual consequence. Fun times!
HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 18 h 46
Goodbye everyone
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,296

- Gabe Villardi;
- Rasmus Kupari;
- Alex Iafallo;

for

- Pierre-Luc Dubois;

- Darcy Kuemper.

No no no, that isn’t how this works. This is a discussion about this trade specifically. If we’re talking big picture I completely agree Washington did better in terms of asset management. But this trade itself? PLD is still young and has a lot of potential but he probably has to double his point production to be worth his contract. I prefer it for the kings definitely. Also let’s not forget Kuemper last season was his worst season of his career. He’ll likely bounce back on a bit better of a team
A_Habs_fan et FarhanLuigi a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 18 h 52
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 320
This is one of those rare trades where both teams feel like they lost and won. The kings win because they got Dubois' awful contract off the books. In return, they have barely usable Kuemper for over 5 mil for the next 3 years.

The Caps win because they get a young player that has the talent and ability to be a pretty good top 6 player. In return, the top 6 player happens to be Pierre-Luc Dubois, who has potentially the worst attitude issue I have ever seen. If they can get Dubois to be just good, then I think they might win. The money isn't gonna matter much in a few years when they are firmly in a rebuild. When it does matter, the term is gonna be only a couple years left and one of the awful teams then may take the flyer on him for like a 2nd and a mid prospect.
19 juin à 19 h 13
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,804
In the Kings,PLD could hide behind the likes of Kopitar but with Backstorm injured... PLD has no where to hide in the Capitals.

On the other side of that,
Capitals should prey that its at least 2 years before PLD asks out of out there.
19 juin à 19 h 29
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,546
WSH deserves that POS for the bs they've pulled. Well done LAK, well done.
19 juin à 19 h 38
Good nerd
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 514
This trade actually makes a ton of sense, but I never saw it coming. Washington is in a position where they can take on a lot of risk and see if they are rewarded, and Lindgren outperformed Keumper anyway. Caps fans are realistically more interested in seeing Ovi chase personal accolades than seeing their team win another cup before he retires, and at least there is some chance that PLD can help on that front. LA desperately needs a better solution in net, and now they at least have hope that it will work out in addition to a bit of leftover cap space. And if Keumper doesn't work out, at least he'll be off the books sooner while the team is still competitive. Yet again, this is a pretty fair deal.
jr400 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage