SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #3: After Further Review...

17 févr. à 21 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,957
So CBJ vs. Det is next outdoor series

And its in the horseshoe stadium in Ohio

Idk about that one lul
17 févr. à 23 h 33
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,343
Tyler Myers?!?!? Just scored an incredible goal
18 févr. à 0 h 18
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,343
This Canucks-Jets game has been a great (albeit questionably officiated) game. Real playoff feel to it
18 févr. à 8 h 30
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
Fun Fact: The Senators have scored almost 20 more goals then the Jets yet are 25 points behind them in the standings
18 févr. à 8 h 31
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,175
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
If it was an auction, None of the small teams would ever win a lottery.

Seriously! “The league rigged it for the Pens” is already stupid but I’m sure we weren’t the highest bidder in 2005!
18 févr. à 10 h 59
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Why is nobody talking about Duchene's rebound? He got bought out last year and now he's over a PPG, and a big reason why Dallas is so good.
CantStopWontStop et Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 10 h 59
WentWughes
Quoting: edeangel84
Seriously! “The league rigged it for the Pens” is already stupid but I’m sure we weren’t the highest bidder in 2005!

Same with Bedard, Matthews, McDavid. No doubt someone would in the hundreds of millions for a player like that.
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 11 h 31
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Quoting: Rolfadinho
Updated since post but here you are:

Edmonton +700
Florida +800
Boston +850
Vancouver +850
Carolina +950
Colorado +950
Dallas +950

Only other team shorter then +1300 is the New York Rangers at +1100. Odds at Bovada.

If I were to bet, I'd be spamming on that Colorado and Dallas numbers... And staying the freak away from the EDM and VAN numbers
18 févr. à 12 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
New trade deadline prediction: this is not a sellers market or a buyers market, this is a deal brokers market. Teams like Chicago, Buffalo, Nashville, and Anaheim are positioned to “win” the deadline.

I’ve been trying to come up with common sense deals.

While there is nuance such as Sergachev giving some LTIR space, the contending teams just don’t have space and I’m finding it hard to even identify cap dumps from many teams. There are so few middle men and they will be in demand. I find it odd these mechanisms potentially would give the biggest reward to those who spent the least.
pinslack a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 12 h 58
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
New trade deadline prediction: this is not a sellers market or a buyers market, this is a deal brokers market. Teams like Chicago, Buffalo, Nashville, and Anaheim are positioned to “win” the deadline.

While there is nuance such as Sergachev giving some LTIR space, the contending teams just don’t have space and I’m finding it hard to even identify cap dumps from many teams. There are so few middle men and they will be in demand. I find it odd these mechanisms potentially would give the biggest reward to those who spent the least.

This will be the last, best opportunity for teams to broker deals and take on cap.
With the cap finally rising again, there will still be several teams in tight situations, but there will be more cap space in the league as a whole to mitigate it.
Should result in less dumps overall and lower prices for accomodating cap.
CantStopWontStop et pinslack a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 13 h 47
WentWughes
Quoting: CantStopWontStop

Is cap even an issue? Seems to me like it's a major sellers market. Very little supply and a lot of demand
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 14 h 5
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Is cap even an issue? Seems to me like it's a major sellers market. Very little supply and a lot of demand

Maybe magnified on the deals I was trying to guess at. Like Edmonton has its first, should be spending it I feel. I don’t see what the dollar out will be for them. Or like - some of these names on the sellers list, perhaps a Buchnevich even - his cap hit is kinda low - but even whatever deadline hit that ends up being - I’m struggling to find a way it could be traded that makes sense.
18 févr. à 14 h 20
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,355
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Does anyone know - if a team acquires somebody who has performance bonuses on their deal, and that player has already met the conditions of the bonuses, is the team who signed him on the hook for that money next year or the acquiring team?

i.e. If the Leafs traded for Connor Brown, who after 10 GP with the Oilers secured his performance bonus of $3.225m which is to be tacked onto next years cap, does that count against the Leafs cap or the Oilers?

It depends on the bonus and the contract. For typical ELC schedule A bonuses, some are hit for team-related stats (top-6 in points per game). As assuming the player plays the minimum amount of games with both team, that would count for the team that ended up with player. If it’s a counting stat…like most SPC or 35+ deal that include bonuses, such as number of games player, it depends on where the played was when they reached that number.

For example, I believe both Florida and Philadelphia booked bonuses by Owen Tippett the year he was traded
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 15 h 52
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 314
Quoting: Leafsfan98
If I were to bet, I'd be spamming on that Colorado and Dallas numbers... And staying the freak away from the EDM and VAN numbers

I like both Colorado & Dallas plus Florida at their current odds. I agree that Edmonton & Vancouver are overrated, but I would add Boston as well. They always seem to underachieve in the postseason.
18 févr. à 15 h 54
WentWughes
Matt Rempe 6'8" 240 Lbs playing his first NHL game today. First shift he fights Matt Martin, and wins!
18 févr. à 15 h 56
Matt Rempe career so far:

0:01 TOI
5:00 PIM

First ever player to take rookie lap in stadium series, gets in fight one second into his career.
Pompadour_de_Armstrong, McGruff, Rolfadinho and 4 others a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 16 h 10
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,695
Horvat w/ Cookie #22; looks like he's keeping up his end of the trade thus far.
New York Islanders
18 févr. à 16 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 314
The Rangers are playing like absolute trash today. They won’t be making any noise in the playoffs if they are playing like this in April.
18 févr. à 17 h 21
mokumboi
Mentions "j'aime": 11,347
The department of player endangerment (DoPE) needs to be ****ing drug tested. They just hit Binnington with a max fine for "high sticking" Evangelista yesterday.

Uhhh small problem with that story, jacknuts...

Now watch them reduce Rielly's already laughably low suspension. The NHL front office can **** straight off.
18 févr. à 17 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: mokumboi
The department of player endangerment (DoPE) needs to be ****ing drug tested. They just hit Binnington with a max fine for "high sticking" Evangelista yesterday.

Now watch them reduce Rielly's already laughably low suspension. The NHL front office can **** straight off.

It's $5k for being careless. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
A_Habs_fan, Rolfadinho, NorthernLeafsFan05 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 17 h 27
Quoting: mokumboi

Seems like right call to me. This falls more into pest/annoyance bucket…hard to see any intent to injure…or any reason for suspension.
Rolfadinho et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 18 h 26
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,695
Modifié 18 févr. à 18 h 40
New York Rangers
Pull Shesty w/ 5:34 to go!
ballz of steel

edit1:
& get it to being down by 1!!!
GAME-ON..................

edit 2:
NYI to Sin Bin for a Trip
(NYI - WORST PK IN THE NHL, say whaaaaa??)

edit 3:
Zibanejad, Zibanejad, Zibanejad...
We're Tied MoFos

edit 4:
OT!!

edit 5:
After further review:
RANGERS WIN 6-5!!!

curr-a-zee ending...
-mike drop-
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 18 h 40
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
If the isles scored that it would be called no goal. League needed the rangers to win this game
Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 19 h 2
mokumboi
Mentions "j'aime": 11,347
Modifié 18 févr. à 19 h 19
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
It's $5k for being careless. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Quoting: NHLfan10506
Seems like right call to me. This falls more into pest/annoyance bucket…hard to see any intent to injure…or any reason for suspension.

What on Earth are you two looking at? He was tapping his post. He didn't even know the player was behind him. The player skated toward him. And Binnington immediately went to check on him/apologize for the accident.

The motivated perception around here is surreal.
18 févr. à 19 h 10
Those 2 outdoor games rocked!

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage