(DET/MTL) - Lindström, 2025 4th (DET) for Petry

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

15 août 2023 à 15 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,013
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
It is what it is. We got a 2nd + 4th + dumped Hoffman+ 2 young players for losing that retention spot.

I liked the first trade for Montreal. I think this one is a miss. I guess if you consider both of them to be one big trade, this is fine.
KSIxSKULLS et sensonfire a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 15 h 26
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 16
I like this for Detroit. Petry is a cheap vet who can eat minutes and is probably good for 35 points per season over the next 2 years.
Have to think Montreal wanted to get this out of the way ASAP and did Petry a favour by sending him home to Michigan.
Lindstrom could be a deadline flippable piece as a cheap depth defenseman who can play 6th/7th on the depth chart. I don't see the need in Montreal other than adding a righty. This probably signals that Barron is down to Laval for the entire season.

Moderate W for Detroit considering the cap the Habs had to retain over the next 2 years for what's seemingly a low return.

Detroit has too many defensemen right now:

Walman-Seider
Chiarot-Petry
Gostisbehere-Holl
Maatta

Look for the Wings to deal from one of these in the near future, barring any injuries
15 août 2023 à 15 h 36
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,496
I'm a bit disappointed by the return, but I can't help but being so satisfied to see him land in Detroit after all the ACGM arguments about that.
Andy_Dick et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 15 h 44
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 159
I feel Hughes did well over the whole series of transactions. This lag of the transaction Detroit wins, but I think Hiuhes was more flexibile in order to send him home to Detroit. We still needs to see if he gets anything moving a goalie.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 15 h 46
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
It is what it is. We got a 2nd + 4th + dumped Hoffman+ 2 young players for losing that retention spot.

Quoting: turtlemountain
I liked the first trade for Montreal. I think this one is a miss. I guess if you consider both of them to be one big trade, this is fine.

IN:
37.5% of Jeff Petry's salary
Gustav Lindström
Nathan Légaré
Casey DeSmith
2025 2nd
2025 4th

OUT:
Mike Hoffman
Rem Pitlick

Looking at one sequence isnt the whole story. Kent probably could have gotten more at the TDL but it seems Hughes wants to keep doing players a solid when Jeff wanted to go home in Michigan and mtl will be a welcoming spot for free agents which lines up well with their cap space next season and the free agent class at forward.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 15 h 47
Majors and minors
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
Montreal unloaded an old defenseman
15 août 2023 à 15 h 48
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: Ste_Catherine_Street
Lol really?? Then obviously if that happens Hughes lost this trade. If he can't play NHL then ya bad trade

How? It was simply to dump Petry. There's context got this trade. We got 2nd to acquire Petry's contract and then got a 4th to dump him.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 15 h 48
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: turtlemountain

We didn't acquire Petry to play him. It was always the plan to trade him.
15 août 2023 à 15 h 57
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
Wow it actually happened, and Montreal made it worse for themselves lol
15 août 2023 à 15 h 57
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
Im very surprised Montreal couldnt get more for Petry 50% retained for two years, but I'm even more surpised Detroit made this move considering they will likely leave a $3M+ defenceman out of the line up to make space for him. For once I was agreing with Detroit's fans about passing on him.

Back to MTL, in itself, the deal is disapointing because the low 4th isnt worth the money and adding a 6th/7th RHD is useless. But taking under consideration the Hoffman/Pitlick dump and the 2nd, it is still a power move by WentWughes.
15 août 2023 à 16 h 0
Banni
Quoting: jpsnow13
Im very surprised Montreal couldnt get more for Petry 50% retained for two years, but I'm even more surpised Detroit made this move considering they will likely leave a $3M+ defenceman out of the line up to make space for him. For once I was agreing with Detroit's fans about passing on him.

Which was the argument of every fan base... really... not only Detroit but CBJ, Dallas, etc. Petry came cheap. An asset will always be an asset on a team especially a team that wants to compete regardless of fit if the price is right.
15 août 2023 à 16 h 8
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Good deal for both teams, Detroit gets another solid defender, Montreal gets a pick + depth D
15 août 2023 à 16 h 14
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,455
Quoting: drambui
i dont really think montreal wins anything. im just saying the value you make in your head is irrelevant.

if i had gustav lindstrom going to the sens for a first in my head doesnt affect the fact he had no value.

Alright then.

Who should I listen to and learn from whenever a trade is posted on here?
15 août 2023 à 16 h 16
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
At least he wasn't traded to Dallas. Biggest W of the day.
15 août 2023 à 16 h 16
Banni
Quoting: drambui
awwwww finally! and its just feels so good after 90% of wings fan tellings us he would never play there.

Which was really a win vs most of the fan bases with the galaxy braining. He HAD NO CHANCE to go to Detroit, Columbus, etc because trust me bro arguments awesome face
15 août 2023 à 16 h 19
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 719
How? It was simply to dump Petry. There's context got this trade. We got 2nd to acquire Petry's contract and then got a 4th to dump him.

But we retained half his Salary. In Det he's their #2 RD behind Seider. Retaining 50% was a mistake in this case.
15 août 2023 à 16 h 21
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,752
Quoting: Ste_Catherine_Street
I'm upset Mtl is retaining on Petry in this deal.
And I am super uneasy trading with Yzerman, call it PTSD from Sergachev

Montreal isn’t sending a prospect the other way, so the deal won’t be biting the Habs in the butt…. Petry can put up a Norris trophy season and it wouldn’t make a difference, he would take away from the youth.
I’m a little disappointed with the return (I suggested a 2nd + 4th if they retained 50%, and Lindström imo is no longer worth a 2nd, not to mention he has to go through waivers) , but it’s better than nothing.
sensonfire et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 16 h 31
Mentions "j'aime": 719
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Montreal isn’t sending a prospect the other way, so the deal won’t be biting the Habs in the butt…. Petry can put up a Norris trophy season and it wouldn’t make a difference, he would take away from the youth.
I’m a little disappointed with the return (I suggested a 2nd + 4th if they retained 50%, and Lindström imo is no longer worth a 2nd, not to mention he has to go through waivers) , but it’s better than nothing.

I would have preferred a 3rd round pick instead of Lindstrom+4th, but ya sure.
I think Det did too well considering Petry will definitely play 2d pairing, above Holl who is making 3M+
15 août 2023 à 16 h 38
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
slight win for Detroit, he shouldve gotten more for Petry at 50% retention, but it is what it is.

Detroit is overloaded at defense now- making the awful contract they gave Holl even worse, as he should be the odd man out if they dont make any other moves.
15 août 2023 à 16 h 44
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 729
Wings have assembled the most random defense ever
15 août 2023 à 17 h 0
Banni
Quoting: Civil_Eng_PE
Wait, according to Habs fans I thought Petry was suppose to return a 3rd + a good young defenseman/prospect for only like 20% retention.

Quoting: Civil_Eng_PE
You are delusional if you think Boqvist and Lindström are comparable value-wise

This isnt the brag you think it is. Lets forget about a players value which is subjective (yet you are wrong by every metric Boqvist is terrible) Jordan Harris makes half the money and is twice the defenseman.
The whole argument from CBJ fans in that thread was that they had no space on the blueline for Petry which wasnt any different than most Wings fans arguments.

these comments show that 1. you are bitter from that ACGM 2. you have no clue about the wings crowded defensive corps to post something unironically like you were NOT completely wrong in that thread.

Quoting: rollie1967
Quoting: Newgod77
Wings have assembled the most random defense ever

Detroit is overloaded at defense now- making the awful contract they gave Holl even worse, as he should be the odd man out if they dont make any other moves.

These are pretty much every argument I heard from CBJ fans besides the juvenile I know what value is and you dont! You can also replace the Holl/Chiarot contracts to Gudbransson/Severson (Overpaid but good)
15 août 2023 à 17 h 48
Mentions "j'aime": 686
Went Wughes getting a 1st for Petry. Another fleece for the best GM in the league.
15 août 2023 à 18 h 20
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
Damn.. all my Acgm having Petry going to Det, and Wings fans laughing at the mire suggestion, are right.

Why am I so awesome>?
15 août 2023 à 18 h 28
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Detroit must be making some sort of other blue line move, its completely clogged now.

Chiarot? Mattaa? Anaheim/San Jose?

Seider.... Zegras...?
15 août 2023 à 18 h 32
Mentions "j'aime": 2,507
Quoting: Andy_Dick
Which was really a win vs most of the fan bases with the galaxy braining. He HAD NO CHANCE to go to Detroit, Columbus, etc because trust me bro arguments awesome face

the point is to not being arrogant when we are talking about things we dont know. I would not like a habs fan to say ''trust me bro, he is going tp detroit for sure'' even if it turns out to be true.
Civil_Eng_PE a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage