Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

lun. à 23 h 7
Jimmy Stu
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 579
Quoting: BCAPP
Not sure you know what my point is? My point is that korpisalo sucks. Nothing more, nothing less

My point is Columbus was terrible hence the bad stats. When he played on a good team, good stats. Playoffs on Columbus against the leafs? Good stats
lun. à 23 h 33
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,676
Steal
Zegrasnoob a aimé ceci.
lun. à 23 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 576
Perhaps the most surprising thing about this trade is that with Ullmark going into a contract year, he didn’t put Ottawa on his 15-team no-trade list, considering how things have worked out for the last few goalies they’ve brought in. Hopefully things will be different this time.
lun. à 23 h 46
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,560
Fair trade, Ottawa gets a good goalie who’s a pending UFA, Boston gets a meh backup who they could turn into a good backup, bottom 6 help and a 1st
OldNYIfan et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
lun. à 23 h 52
lottery team fan
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 554
i like this for both teams

korpi last season was rough but i can see him rebounding under swayman as a backup. plus they get a decent bottom six forward and a first round pick to boot

meanwhile ullmark is a massive upgrade as a starter and a good mentor for sogaard
jr400, OldNYIfan, von_Rantala and 2 others a aimé ceci.
mar. à 0 h 11
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Markstrom was about the same price. Senators absolutely robbed the Bruins.
Zegrasnoob et Trickster a aimé ceci.
mar. à 0 h 46
Mentions "j'aime": 576
Quoting: WastingTimeWithTradeNobodyLikes
its funny because of all the people that always say ''thats not enough'' ''x team laugh in your face and hang up the phone'' etc etc but when the trade comes in real life its always less than that

I’ve heard Ullmark has said he won’t sign an extension, so he’s a 1-year rental. They weren’t going to get a lot for him. The question is whether Korpisalo at $3M is an asset or a liability. $3M is a bit high for a backup, but if he can be an effective backup in Boston, it’s a pretty good return for a rental. They replace him with a cheaper player with four years of cost certainty – sure, he’s a downgrade, but they don’t need another $5M goalie when they have Swayman – and they add a late 1st-round draft pick and a useful young role player.
OldNYIfan et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
mar. à 2 h 19
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,354
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Almost like people on this site know absolutely nothing about what certain players will return in trades. Countless times this site has been shocked by what the actual trade is vs the mock trades on here lol.

So many people ignore trade comps from the past then get shocked when that player gets a return similar to those trade comps
mar. à 4 h 50
Pete
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Swap Forsberg for Korpisalo and I'll be fine with this trade. Not excited though.
mar. à 9 h 7
Keep Zegras at ANA
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Where is Jakob ?
mar. à 10 h 53
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
No doubt Sens got the best player in the deal, mind you I'm surprised they agreed to retain.

Boston gets back into the first round, doesn't have to search for a backup goaltender who I'm sure will improve in a new system, and a C that will very likely fit into their system well.

Without the extension for Ullmark in place, I'd give the very slight edge to Boston for now. Friedman last night during G7 that Ullmark is prepared to play out the season and see what happens next year. This could all change by Monday, but it gives me DeBrincat vibes if they can't get Ullmark extended.
mar. à 11 h 20
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,806
Depends on how the extension looks.
mar. à 12 h 14
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Quoting: CMac66
Unless the sens change how they play in front of their goalies it doesn't matter who's in net.

Talbot:
Flames 2.63gaa 919sv
Minny 2 seasons, 2.7gaa, 914sv average
OTT 2.93gaa 898sv
LA 2.5gaa 913sv

Korpisalo:
CLB 3.13gaa 913sv
Ott 3.27gaa 890sv

Gustavsson
OTT 3.55gaa 892
MIN 2.10gaa 930sv
MIN 3.06gaa 899sv

Sens last 4 years hang goalies out to dry. They leave, they have better stats. Green better do something or Ullmark is getting a sub 900 sv. I wanted to see what korpi could do with better team play, and I'll get to see it on Boston. 910 sv% for korpi incoming lol

Yes this, iagree. Its easy to blame goalies when you lose. Is it easier to be motivated and give 110% behind Stanley Contendor, who defence and make sacrificial blocks, than playing behind team who is losing more than winning, or who dont play great defensive play. If you first mantra is to win games with offence, you shouldnt blame goalies if they give more goals. Ottawa has potential team in they hands, let see if new coach get them to defence bit better. Now Ottawa have Vezina winner in net. I hope we can see Sens in playoffs next year. I do believe Korpi can play strong in Boston, but he had been up and down goalie whole career, but mainly played that time behind poorly defensive teams. Lets see, Korpi still have high potential in my mind.
CMac66 a aimé ceci.
mar. à 12 h 29
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,806
How Ottawa managed to get out of that Korpisalo contract is great, retention has to hurt though.

Can viewed as Ullmark is making 6 million.
Probably hurts their managment for this year.

Ottawa has been cap team unable to make the playoffs.

All that said, Ottawa fleeced Boston
mar. à 14 h 0
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,196
Unless the sens change how they play in front of their goalies it doesn't matter who's in net.

Talbot:
Flames 2.63gaa 919sv
Minny 2 seasons, 2.7gaa, 914sv average
OTT 2.93gaa 898sv
LA 2.5gaa 913sv

Korpisalo:
CLB 3.13gaa 913sv
Ott 3.27gaa 890sv

Gustavsson
OTT 3.55gaa 892
MIN 2.10gaa 930sv
MIN 3.06gaa 899sv

Sens last 4 years hang goalies out to dry. They leave, they have better stats. Green better do something or Ullmark is getting a sub 900 sv. I wanted to see what korpi could do with better team play, and I'll get to see it on Boston. 910 sv% for korpi incoming lol

Forgot about Matt Murray
CMac66 a aimé ceci.
mar. à 14 h 26
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,595
Was surprised to see that over the last 5 years the Senators have had 14 different goalies start a game for them. I was even more surprised to see that during those 5 years Korpisalo ranks #2 in starts for the Senators.....despite only playing 1 season for them
mar. à 19 h 55
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 461
Quoting: Trickster
How Ottawa managed to get out of that Korpisalo contract is great, retention has to hurt though.

Can viewed as Ullmark is making 6 million.
Probably hurts their managment for this year.

Ottawa has been cap team unable to make the playoffs.

All that said, Ottawa fleeced Boston

With the retention, you have to keep in mind that there is a reasonable chance Korpisalo could be bought out next offseason. In which case, the cap penalty is only 350k on average.

Korpisalo was a sunk cost. Retaining 1M is cheaper than a buyout over the lifetime of the contract. If you look at the price Detroit paid to dump Walman, this trade is astounding value for Ottawa. It probably should have cost close to 25 alone to dump Korpisalo at 3M.

The optics are also better for the franchise because people don't view this as the Senators paying to dump Korpisalo, because most people expected to have to give up a 1st for Ullmark along.
sensonfire et Beargold a aimé ceci.
mar. à 21 h 12
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 172
From Boston - if they don't get a vet with NHL experience, then it's a VERY young tandem in Swayman and Bussi. Sending Korpisalo to Providence would save another $1.1xM of cap and and he's only counting for $1.9M to be the "in emergency, break glass" goalie if Swayman goes down. He's unlikely to be claimed on waivers as a cheaper goalie would, so gives them the freedom to use Bussi in the NHL without keeping 3 goalies on the roster or risking losing the experienced backup.

Korpisalo doesn't have a history of being consistent over the long term - but he's had stretches of being very good.

Not that I don't think Ottawa got the best of this one, even if they don't keep Ullmark past this season - but when you look at getting a big bottom 6 center who's strong on faceoffs, likes to hit and doesn't mind fighting along with the first rounder, Korpisalo at $3M isn't that bad.
mer. à 17 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,996
Quoting: FoxYou727
While I do think Boston can revive Korpisalo career still an awful return

For a goalie? Any time you get a 1st for a goalie. It's a win
mer. à 18 h 35
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,704
My point is Columbus was terrible hence the bad stats. When he played on a good team, good stats. Playoffs on Columbus against the leafs? Good stats

He backed up Bob while Bob won the Vezina....

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage