(OTT/BOS) - Kastelic, Korpisalo, 2024 1st (BOS) for Ullmark

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

lun. à 20 h 49
hes dynamite
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 43
kinda feels like loses around the table in this trade. I dont know if ullmark can carry a team like other vezina calibre goalies. Ottawa has been a graveyard for goalies with good stats for a number of years now and i dont believe this will change. Boston's return for argueably the top tandem in the league is also... not great, korpisalo didnt look great and only saving 2mil a year to downgrade seems bad.

I dont think ottawa gets significantly better
I think boston gets significantly worse for minimum gains

so i guess its a fair deal?
BCAPP, CMac66 et CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
lun. à 20 h 51
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,595
Just getting rid of Korp at a retained 3m was worth for the Sens. Going to interesting how Ullmark does with middling to poor team. His next contract depends on him playing well this season. Doubt if he is being traded but he might be at TDL of the Sens (likely) are "out of it". Ullmark has been poor in his last two playoff seasons, he would like a chance of at redemption.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 5
Rejoint: oct. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 59
Quoting: palhal
Just getting rid of Korp at a retained 3m was worth for the Sens. Going to interesting how Ullmark does with middling to poor team. His next contract depends on him playing well this season. Doubt if he is being traded but he might be at TDL of the Sens (likely) are "out of it". Ullmark has been poor in his last two playoff seasons, he would like a chance of at redemption.

I'd put money on Ullmark going into next season with a long term extension.

Ottawa notoriously underperformed this year largely due to the worst goaltending in the league. New coach, new GM, new direction for roster building. OTT is gonna push for a playoff spot next year.
sensonfire, TheBoyDuddus et palhal a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 7
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,085
Fair Trade when you consider Ullmark puts up great numbers on a great team during the regular season, but doesn’t show up or play as well when it actually matters = The Playoffs
lun. à 21 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,676
For months, I thought the goalie carousel would turn after July 1st. Man, was I wrong. Buyers got impatient I guess.

Good deal by both teams. Bruins get a backup option (and don’t give a mountain of leverage to Swayman), a little cap space, and a good pick. Senators get a guy that will hopefully be long term answer in net.

Fair trade.
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 14
Jimmy Stu
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 580
Unless the sens change how they play in front of their goalies it doesn't matter who's in net.

Talbot:
Flames 2.63gaa 919sv
Minny 2 seasons, 2.7gaa, 914sv average
OTT 2.93gaa 898sv
LA 2.5gaa 913sv

Korpisalo:
CLB 3.13gaa 913sv
Ott 3.27gaa 890sv

Gustavsson
OTT 3.55gaa 892
MIN 2.10gaa 930sv
MIN 3.06gaa 899sv

Sens last 4 years hang goalies out to dry. They leave, they have better stats. Green better do something or Ullmark is getting a sub 900 sv. I wanted to see what korpi could do with better team play, and I'll get to see it on Boston. 910 sv% for korpi incoming lol
CSStrowbridge, rrgdsafgerwrgwr, HockeyScotty and 2 others a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 18
Jimmy Stu
Quoting: edguy

Ottawa notoriously underperformed this year largely due to the worst goaltending in the league. New coach, new GM, new direction for roster building. OTT is gonna push for a playoff spot next year.

I wouldn't, I don't think ullmark wants to commit to a team who perennially destroys goalies. IF he resigns, it'll be after he see what's in front of him, and he's gone if it's the same as the last few years
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 19
DiscouragedBruinsFan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 515
Quoting: edguy

I think the return was so bad because Ullmark isn't willing to extend in Ottawa. He sees this as a chance to bet on himself for one year, then get a big contract somewhere he wants to go next year.
lun. à 21 h 22
Good nerd
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 514
I hate to not have a hot take, but we won't know how this trade goes until we see what happens with Korpisalo. If he shows that he can be a 1A or a 1B, then at 3m with term then the Bruins could easily flip him. In that case, the eventual return would be the 2024 late round 1st + whatever they get for Korpisalo, which would be better than I personally expected for an un-extended Ullmark. If Korpisalo performs poorly, then for the Bruins this trade will be absolutely awful to the point where even if they hadn't included Ullmark in the deal, taking on the Korpi contract for a 1st wouldn't be worth it.

In my opinion, now is definitely a good time for the Bruins to take risks, but I really don't like the idea of taking a potential 4 year risk (or more if it ends in a buyout). We should have a clearer picture of the results of the trade by this time next year. If Korpisalo is still on the team, or if they need to spend assets to get rid of his contract, then it is a big L for Riverboat Donny.
rrgdsafgerwrgwr a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 27
Majors and minors
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 45
Quoting: aadoyle
If BOS can work its magic with Korpisalo they win and watch Kastelic be a key part of their bottom 6 as they also got magic in that department to

Like I would not be surprised if Ullmark fumbles like Murray and Korpisalo before him

But lets see

Don't forget Talbot.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 31
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 906
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
All that said, Korpisalo will probably be a fine backup to Swayman

He appears to be better as a backup than a started.
lun. à 21 h 33
Quoting: TN_T
kinda feels like loses around the table in this trade. I dont know if ullmark can carry a team like other vezina calibre goalies. Ottawa has been a graveyard for goalies with good stats for a number of years now and i dont believe this will change. Boston's return for argueably the top tandem in the league is also... not great, korpisalo didnt look great and only saving 2mil a year to downgrade seems bad.

I dont think ottawa gets significantly better
I think boston gets significantly worse for minimum gains

so i guess its a fair deal?

Next year, Joonas Korpisalo will have a better save percentage in a backup role than Linus Ullmark will have as the started in Ottawa. They need a better defensive system in front of the goalie.
TN_T et CMac66 a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 40
Quoting: CMac66
I wouldn't, I don't think ullmark wants to commit to a team who perennially destroys goalies. IF he resigns, it'll be after he see what's in front of him, and he's gone if it's the same as the last few years

If Ottawa's defence improves and Ottawa looks like a playoff team, then maybe he signs an extension before the trade deadline.
CMac66 et sensonfire a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 42
Good nerd
Quoting: KingofRnR
Fair Trade when you consider Ullmark puts up great numbers on a great team during the regular season, but doesn’t show up or play as well when it actually matters = The Playoffs

He isn't on my team anymore, but I still think this narrative is completely ridiculous. Sample size and context matter, but this narrative minimizes both of those things.
lun. à 21 h 52
Rejoint: juin 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 73
Quoting: Bruins1054_gmb
I think the return was so bad because Ullmark isn't willing to extend in Ottawa. He sees this as a chance to bet on himself for one year, then get a big contract somewhere he wants to go next year.

If he doesn't resign, nothing is stopping the Senators from flipping him at the deadline while retaining and getting a similar return than what they gave up. It's still a win for the Senators IMO.
sensonfire et rrgdsafgerwrgwr a aimé ceci.
lun. à 21 h 52
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,085
Quoting: tupty
He isn't on my team anymore, but I still think this narrative is completely ridiculous. Sample size and context matter, but this narrative minimizes both of those things.

Context: On a “Good Team” he puts up great numbers in the Regular Season

Sample Size: He falls apart and has put up weak numbers in virtually “every” North American Professional Hockey League Playoff Game he’s played in
lun. à 21 h 57
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,512
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
He appears to be better as a backup than a started.

Yeah, I don't know what Dorion was thinking with that contract.
lun. à 22 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,711
Unless the sens change how they play in front of their goalies it doesn't matter who's in net.

Talbot:
Flames 2.63gaa 919sv
Minny 2 seasons, 2.7gaa, 914sv average
OTT 2.93gaa 898sv
LA 2.5gaa 913sv

Korpisalo:
CLB 3.13gaa 913sv
Ott 3.27gaa 890sv

Gustavsson
OTT 3.55gaa 892
MIN 2.10gaa 930sv
MIN 3.06gaa 899sv

Sens last 4 years hang goalies out to dry. They leave, they have better stats. Green better do something or Ullmark is getting a sub 900 sv. I wanted to see what korpi could do with better team play, and I'll get to see it on Boston. 910 sv% for korpi incoming lol

You certainly cherry picked one year of korpisalo there... Do the same prior length as Talbot and get back to us
lun. à 22 h 4
Good nerd
Quoting: KingofRnR
Context: On a “Good Team” he puts up great numbers in the Regular Season

Sample Size: He falls apart and has put up weak numbers in virtually “every” North American Professional Hockey League Playoff Game he’s played in

Fun internet soundbyte.

21/22: Was not good enough, no question. Bruins lost to the better team in both of his starts, but he didn't do enough.
22/23: He played pretty well in 3 of the 6 starts, stats were all solid in those 3. Somewhere along the way, he was injured, and we don't know much more other than the team kept playing him and later said that they shouldn't have. I'd say the last 2 starts were the ones where he was injured, but I admit that I don't know.
23/24: 1 start, best player on the team that night, hard to blame him for any of the 3 goals (in particular, fluke bounce of a stanchion causing defensive breakdowns and a Matthews breakaway stand out as really hard to blame him for). 2nd game was garbage time relief after not playing for 2 weeks.

9.5 games is not much to craft your narrative on, but feel free. We won't know more until he gets more playoff games (if that ever even happens).
rrgdsafgerwrgwr et bhavikp27 a aimé ceci.
lun. à 22 h 4
Timmy Superstar
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 179
Quoting: patti200219
Wow I guess his full no move really screwed the Bruins here.

The question is who in their right mind wants to play in Ottawa?

Could end up not really mattering as Ottawa has much bigger issues than who is in net.

The Alfredsson effect
lun. à 22 h 7
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 542
When you realize Boston essentially traded Ullmark for 2 months of Bertuzzi, a cap dump backup, and a fringe NHL forward. 😂
sensonfire et Trickster a aimé ceci.
lun. à 22 h 8
Timmy Superstar
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 179
Quoting: Deltago
Thoughts from a Senators fan:

1. Pay attention other Senator fans. Your return expectations isn't going to be close to what you want back in a trade. I am looking at all you salvating at an amazing Chychrun return.

2. Not completely sold on Ullmark as a bonafide starter. He's an amazing 1A, but has never played more than 44 games in a year. He needs a reliable backup and I don't think Forsberg and his busted legs are it.

3. That said, I am glad it wasn't an overpayment for Ullmark. Good return for Ottawa. Good cap relief for Boston once they buy out Korpo.

Sogaard and Forsberg are the backups
lun. à 22 h 9
Jimmy Stu
Quoting: BCAPP
You certainly cherry picked one year of korpisalo there... Do the same prior length as Talbot and get back to us

His team was Columbus.... Columbus. You seem to be ignoring the other examples to 'prove' you're point
lun. à 22 h 13
DiscouragedBruinsFan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 515
Quoting: Deltago
If he doesn't resign, nothing is stopping the Senators from flipping him at the deadline while retaining and getting a similar return than what they gave up. It's still a win for the Senators IMO.

Completely agree it's a W for OTT. Horrible deal for BOS. Sweeney must think the 25th overall pick is equal in value to a top ten pick.
lun. à 22 h 36
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,711
His team was Columbus.... Columbus. You seem to be ignoring the other examples to 'prove' you're point

Not sure you know what my point is? My point is that korpisalo sucks. Nothing more, nothing less
Trickster a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage