SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/WPG) - Monahan for 2024 1st (WPG), 2027 3rd (WPG)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 févr. à 14 h 41
May contain nuts
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
He's been a Hab for almost 2 years.

It's a half-joke, as he's on a brand new contract.
KSIxSKULLS et habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 14 h 48
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,248
He's been a Hab for almost 2 years.

Chel players, amirite?
2 févr. à 15 h 10
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,355
I wonder if there has ever been 1 player who's netted 3 first round picks for an organization

Quoting: habitantlecolon
Not yet :P

I believe Glen Wesley was the last player traded for three 1sts in 1994 (Hartford gave Boston their 1995, 1996, 1997 1st rounders). All three turned out to be top-10 picks.

Scott Stevens signing in St Louis cost them FIVE 1st round picks in compensation for signing him as RFA (then had to give Stevens up a year later since they signed another RFA in Brendan Shanahan did did have the picks to send to NJD).
BigOlJetAirliner, habitantlecolon, HockeyScotty and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 15 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,355
(It was Jim Rutherford who spent the three top-10 picks on Wesley)
habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 15 h 25
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: AfghaniMalkin
I don't think I've ever seen a "if we win the cup" clause on a draft pick before. Also, Hughes masterclass.

Kuemper to Colorado in '21. Not only that, but the condition was met!

Quote:
**Conditions: Arizona receives the 2024 3rd round pick if Colorado wins the Stanley Cup in 2021-22 and Kuemper plays in 50% of the playoff games.
habitantlecolon, AfghaniMalkin, Brian2016 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 15 h 26
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Modifié 6 févr. à 6 h 46
both Wayne Gretzky and Eric Lindros 'technically' garnered 5 1st round picks in trades. the Gretzky trade involved 3 1sts directly.

Gretzky (along with Krushelnyski and McSorley) netted 3 1sts (89~ #18 Jason Miller, 91~ #20 Martin Rucinsky and 93~ #16 Nick Stajduhar) plus former first round picks Jimmy Carson (86, #2) and Martin Gelinas (88, #7) and $15M from LA in 1988.

Gretzky also returned a 1st to LA when he was traded to STL in 1996 (97~ #15 Matt Zultek)

the Eric Lindros haul from Philadelphia brought Quebec 2 1sts (93~ #10 Jocelyn Thibault and 94~ #10 Nolan Baumgartner) plus 3 former 1st rounders in Peter Forsberg (91, #6), Kerry Huffman (86, #6) and Mike Ricci (90, #4), plus Ron Hextall and Steve Duchesne and $15M in cash in 1992.
BigOlJetAirliner, habitantlecolon, Brian2016 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 16 h 13
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,752
Quoting: Jay27
Worst case is the Jets make it to the cup finals but lose.

I honestly want to see the cup back in Canada and wish all the best to Monahan so once the playoffs start…Go Jets.

I feel like this as well. But there’s still that small part of me that would smile if the wheels fall off the wagon for the jets and the 1st turns into a mid 1st rd pick or even a lottery pick lol
Jay27 et Just_A_Guess a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 16 h 45
Rejoint: sept. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 18
I wonder if there has ever been 1 player who's netted 3 first round picks for an organization

Don't think so, but the trade between the Flyers & Nordiques for Lindros came close. 2 first rounders plus Hextall, Duchesne, & Ricci (plus $15M).

**was corrected above by SaviorX & NHLFan10506...can't believe I forgot about the Gretzky trade to LA.**
2 févr. à 16 h 57
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,410
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I believe Glen Wesley was the last player traded for three 1sts in 1994 (Hartford gave Boston their 1995, 1996, 1997 1st rounders). All three turned out to be top-10 picks.

Scott Stevens signing in St Louis cost them FIVE 1st round picks in compensation for signing him as RFA (then had to give Stevens up a year later since they signed another RFA in Brendan Shanahan did did have the picks to send to NJD).

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat, wow thx for that history comment smile !
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 17 h 0
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 387
While we all laugh at the Jets, in the background, we see JBB is currently punching air rn
2 févr. à 17 h 2
Luguber
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 415
Im very glad the Jets actually adressed a need for once, really hope he stays healthy though.

Btw, in regards to recent history, do this mean Winnipeg can flip Monahan for two 1st round picks tomorrow?
2 févr. à 17 h 20
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,145
Quoting: Luguber
Im very glad the Jets actually adressed a need for once, really hope he stays healthy though.

Btw, in regards to recent history, do this mean Winnipeg can flip Monahan for two 1st round picks tomorrow?

Trade him to LA, we all know Blake likes to overpay for centers.
habitantlecolon et drambui a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 17 h 27
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Modifié 2 févr. à 17 h 53
I think this is a fair trade as both team get what they are looking for.

If you compare the trade to similar ones, we could've gotten a bit more:
Lindholm: gave a 1st and a 4th and 3 players including Kuzmenko and Brzustewicz to Calgary
When healthy Monahan is better than Lindholm but this is when he is healthy

Before we can really confirm 100% who is the winner we need to see what Kent will do with the picks
We gave a 1st (13th overall) and 3rd for Dach who had a history of injuries and it didn't change once he joined the habs
We also gave a 1st and 2nd for Newhook who also isn't better than Monahan.

All this is behind us now and hopefully Kent can get rid of Anderson, Armia, Dvorak even if for peanuts and let the young players play and adapt to the NHL speed and see what we really have on hands

C: Suzuki, Dach, Kidney, Beck, Kapanen, Evans and Davidson - Dach can move to #1 RW and Suzuki #1 Center. The others can fight for #3 and #4 and we need a #2 Center.
LW: Caufield, Newhook, Roy, Heineman, Pinard, Tuch and Pezzetta - Caufield is #1 LW, the others can fight for #3 and #4 LW or RW and we need a #2 LW
RW: Slafkovsky, Ylonen, Mesar - Dach and Slaf can be #1 and #2 and Mesar and Ylonen can fight for #4
D: Guhle, Matheson, Hutson, Reinbacher, Xhekaj, Struble, Kovacevic, Barron, Mailloux and Harris - We should be good on D.

We have enough young players but many gaps and no real superstar. Hopefully one of them will be close.
With 4 first round picks in the next 2 years and too many young players for the bottom 6. If Kent really want to be a magician, then he needs to fill in the gaps in the next 2 years.

The Habs were supposed to lose last year and put themselves in a position to draft in the top 3 to fill the offense with a top prospect. We dropped to #5 and picked a D while the need is in the front or in net.
We should also be losing this year but we will end up with a pick between 5 and 10. In a D heavy draft, it will be hard to fill the offensive gaps.

Therefore to finish the rebuild faster, we need to turn to the trading market.
What would it cost to get one or two from : Zegras, Turcotte, Holloway....

We have a 5 year window, with the first couple years to fill in the gap and the next 3 to develop chemistry and hopefully get far enough in playoffs.

What do you think could be a good next move ?
habitantlecolon et drambui a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 17 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,957
To me WPG should have stayed put or went in on Lindholm if they wanted a upgrade

Probs could have outbid Van
2 févr. à 17 h 33
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
Quoting: SaviorX
both Wayne Gretzky and Eric Lindros 'technically' garnered 5 1st round picks in trades. the Gretzky trade involved 3 1sts directly.

Gretzky (along with Kruskenyski and McSorley) netted 3 1sts (89~ #18 Jason Miller, 91~ #20 Martin Rucinsky and 93~ #16 Nick Stajduhar) plus former first round picks Jimmy Carson (86, #2) and Martin Gelinas (88, #7) and $15M from LA in 1988.

Gretzky also returned a 1st to LA when he was traded to STL in 1996 (97~ #15 Matt Zultek)

the Eric Lindros haul from Philadelphia brought Quebec 2 1sts (93~ #10 Jocelyn Thibault and 94~ #10 Nolan Baumgartner) plus 3 former 1st rounders in Peter Forsberg (91, #6), Kerry Huffman (86, #6) and Mike Ricci (90, #4), plus Ron Hextall and Steve Duchesne and $15M in cash in 1992.

And Zegras will fetch as much return, when you read some people around here...
habitantlecolon et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 17 h 37
I am not Score
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 21
Quoting: ricochetii
Kuemper to Colorado in '21. Not only that, but the condition was met!

Both conditions being on 3rds makes this funnier
2 févr. à 17 h 48
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
Jets win the Cup
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 18 h 4
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,512
That's a bad deal for Winnipeg.
2 févr. à 18 h 22
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Tbh I think winnipeg wins it.
2 févr. à 18 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,013
Quoting: Maroons1972
When healthy Monahan is better than Lindholm but this is when he is healthy

Now that’s just not true lol
drambui a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 21 h 22
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
centre market this deadline is garbage. if you didn't believe monahan was going for a first you were fooling yourself

conditional pick is very funny
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 22 h 2
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: mondo
centre market this deadline is garbage. if you didn't believe monahan was going for a first you were fooling yourself

conditional pick is very funny

It's wild. With Lindholm and Monahan gone, you have Henrique, and then bottom 6 centers. I hope your center core is set if you want to play in the playoffs.
Andy_Dick et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
3 févr. à 2 h 16
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Great patience by MTL here to maximize value. But, there's definitely some luck at. play, too. Had he not been injured last season, he probably would've been flipped at theTDL for a 2nd or 3rd rounder instead of the 1st they ended up with.
3 févr. à 8 h 9
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: Bcarlo25
a first for monahan is a pipe dream.

Quoting: SharkTank
But you already lost it when you said Monahan will get a 1st.

Quoting: Byrr
As of right now, it is highly unlikely Monahan gets a 1st.

Quoting: Howie
Monahan isn't getting what you think. Lindholm was the top asset and got a 1st a cap dump and a good 3rd round d and bad one. To dump say it's the good 3rd dman that means. Lindholm got 1st a bad 3rd round dman and a cond 4th. Monahan ain't getting a first lol if you actually take the time to look at it

Quoting: Oilers_29
Monahan and savard aren’t gonna return 1sts

Quoting: Joblow
I like how the Drouin and Lehkonen narrative have change over a short spend of time. Bipolar fan who doesn’t watch other game then their team. That what it look like 👍

It will be the same after this TDL. Monahan got traded for a 1st...?.. we..uh..thats..cause..Gms are dumb..lol..haha

Right because this isn't supposed to be a simulation taking into account the real life factors in trade which include the market tendencies. I swear some here think they are trading the players in real life and are on their teams payroll. The delusion goes DEEP!

Quoting: Andy_Dick
Hes played every single game this year with big minutes. I'd be less worried at 29 years of age and hes missed a lot of time in the last 3 years which means his body has been able to recuperate much like Gary Roberts that retired at 30 and came back with a venegance. He's not a physical player but a very smart player with an active stick. To me he's the type of add that is a perfect compliment to elite talent.

He plays with plugs at 5on5 yet his producing not just points but fantastic relative metrics. 13th in stick checks in the defensive zone, best winning faceoffs % on the pk in the league, he does so many little things so well and that go unnoticed because he isnt a speedster but know more as the meme, BORING SEAN MONAHAN

I still dont move Monahan unless its 1st round pick plus. Pageau, Statsny, Copp all got more return than this and Monahan is more affordable with a bigger market share. The scarcity dynamic is also crazy this year when Lindholm price is so huge and Monahan has outperformed him statistically.

Another trade deadline. Another year where nothing is learned from previous deadlines. The market sets the price.
Rinse, repeat.
95% of the forum gets it wrong and badly. Not just wrong but unironically thinking they know better while being wrong in every way. My favourite part of delusion.
gm_jeanguy et habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
3 févr. à 8 h 13
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: Newgod77
This will be a complete waste for Winnipeg if their PP doesn’t click at 33% the rest of the way.

Sitting on your hands and doing nothing in a wide open year with a team that is locked in defensively BUT has had tickets selling issues for the first time in their short history...? Yeah.. NO! They need to make a big push. Chevy did what he always does. Trades picks not prospects. This was predicted by many Habs fans and Seravalli weeks ago despite som,e like you, kicking and screaming into the void.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage