2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #5: The Final Stretch

22 mars à 18 h 22
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 201
Quoting: aadoyle
https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1770857070431969628

Not gonna lie this feels a bit excessive

I would have just thrown him our of last night or gave him an extra game if necessary

But at the same time the swing was pretty bad. Still we have seen DOPS let worse things go and I know its Wilson but still

On TSN there's an article about how Gregor said Wilson apologized in the moment and said it wasn't as bad as it looked. Here's the article:
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/washington-capitals-tom-wilson-suspended-six-games-for-high-sticking-leafs-noah-gregor-1.2093887
22 mars à 19 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,036
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Pittsburgh may be the team to watch on Collin Graf sweepstakes. There was a rumor floating around a week or two ago that he had decided on Eastern Conference non-playoff team. Now, Friedman has linked Pittsburgh to Graf.

(QPac is currently down 2-0 in ECAC Semifinals…but will still likely make NCAA tournament, so won’t come this weekend).

Shocking that his hometown Bruins weren't the favourites. Feels like a spot where he would have a definitive role as early as next year
22 mars à 20 h 22
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Wilson got 6 games for the high stick.

Think if it were anyone else it'd be 2 or 3 at most, but it looks like the DOPS might actually be putting more weight on "repeat offender".
22 mars à 21 h 47
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,959
WSH vs. CAR

Goaltending is optional
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
23 mars à 8 h 59
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Ovechkin with 6 goals in 4 games gonna revitalize the talk of record breaking. A good final stretch could give him the outside chance at the record next season. I don’t know that anybody is expecting him to put up 40 goals, but since he’s done it -12- times…
23 mars à 10 h 35
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,911
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Ovechkin with 6 goals in 4 games gonna revitalize the talk of record breaking. A good final stretch could give him the outside chance at the record next season. I don’t know that anybody is expecting him to put up 40 goals, but since he’s done it -12- times…

When you factor in how obviously the rest of the lineup is trying to find him and sacrificing their own scoring opportunities its only a matter of time before he gets it.

Is there anyone who's betting against him at this point. He'll play for another 4 seasons at 10goals per if he has to.
23 mars à 11 h 57
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Quoting: Rangsey
When you factor in how obviously the rest of the lineup is trying to find him and sacrificing their own scoring opportunities its only a matter of time before he gets it.

Is there anyone who's betting against him at this point. He'll play for another 4 seasons at 10goals per if he has to.

I mean, Ovechkin's body will break eventually, he can't just play hockey forever, however, it does seem very likely Ovi will find 50 goals in his next 2 seasons under his current contract
23 mars à 12 h 41
More Finns More Wins
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 631
At the risk of ending up like Leafs fans last year, I would much rather Carolina face Philly in the first round by finishing second in the Metro, instead of playing Tampa by finishing first in the Metro.

Tampa's powerplay is as deadly as ever, and their personnel and strategy dismantles Carolina's hyper-aggressive penalty kill unlike any other team in the league, and they're really, really good at getting conveniently timed powerplays against the Hurricanes.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 mars à 14 h 57
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Modifié 23 mars à 16 h 28
Jake neighbors currently leading all forwards and defense in ice-time todays game -(first intermission). Is really hard to get more minutes than Parayko as a winger. 6 game scoring streak. Nice late season run for a 21 year old.
23 mars à 16 h 38
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
At the risk of ending up like Leafs fans last year, I would much rather Carolina face Philly in the first round by finishing second in the Metro, instead of playing Tampa by finishing first in the Metro.

Tampa's powerplay is as deadly as ever, and their personnel and strategy dismantles Carolina's hyper-aggressive penalty kill unlike any other team in the league, and they're really, really good at getting conveniently timed powerplays against the Hurricanes.

I must be slow, but can you explain this to me? As didn't the Leafs win last year vs Tampa?
23 mars à 16 h 40
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,264
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I must be slow, but can you explain this to me? As didn't the Leafs win last year vs Tampa?

"We want Florida"

Even though it's not really a thing and they were also chanting "We want Boston"
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
23 mars à 16 h 40
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
"We want Florida"

Even though it's not really a thing and they were also chanting "We want Boston"

But wouldn't Carolina end up facing the winner of NYR vs Philly in this case?
23 mars à 17 h 26
More Finns More Wins
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 631

It's the "We want Florida" stuff, where Toronto fans were open about wanting to face a perceived "lesser" opponent before getting soundly defeated by them, though to @LeafsFanForSomeReason 's point, that does seem to have been overblown by the media.

In the same way, I perceive the Flyers as a lesser opponent than the Lightning, and I would look foolish if the Flyers eliminated the Hurricanes in the playoffs after saying I would prefer Carolina to face them.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
23 mars à 17 h 26
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,264
But wouldn't Carolina end up facing the winner of NYR vs Philly in this case?

No... The Rangers would be playing TBL and CAR would be playing PHI in the first round
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.
23 mars à 20 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Nashville may very well be a dark horse this playoffs

Since that concert cancellation they have just been on fire
23 mars à 21 h 40
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Jack Hughes has been very mediocre at 5v5 this season
23 mars à 23 h 10
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,356
NCAA field is set

Top-4
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Denver
- Michigan State

Likely 2 seeds
- Maine
- North Dakota
- Minnesota
- Wisconsin

Likely 3 seeds
- Quinnipiac
- Michigan
- Omaha
- Cornell

Last 4
- Western Michigan
- UMass
- RIT
- Michigan Tech

(Colorado College was last team out)
23 mars à 23 h 34
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 952
Quoting: NHLfan10506
(Colorado College was last team out)

My hometown team.

This was so heartbreaking; they were so close to finally getting back into the tourney.
24 mars à 0 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,356
Quoting: HockeyScotty
My hometown team.

This was so heartbreaking; they were so close to finally getting back into the tourney.

They were great in second half…just lost out to UMass by a hair.
HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 2 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Honestly would love to see a KHL like playoff format as it would just cause chaos for Round 2 lul
24 mars à 3 h 11
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,911
Honestly would love to see a KHL like playoff format as it would just cause chaos for Round 2 lul

Forgive me for not googling it myself. Whats the KHL format?
24 mars à 6 h 28
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Quoting: Db1899
Jack Hughes has been very mediocre at 5v5 this season

Jack Hughes has also been hurt about 3 times this year and is likely not at 100%
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 9 h 22
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
It's the "We want Florida" stuff, where Toronto fans were open about wanting to face a perceived "lesser" opponent before getting soundly defeated by them, though to LeafsFanForSomeReason 's point, that does seem to have been overblown by the media.

In the same way, I perceive the Flyers as a lesser opponent than the Lightning, and I would look foolish if the Flyers eliminated the Hurricanes in the playoffs after saying I would prefer Carolina to face them.

Thanks for the explanation

And TBF, the media blows everything out of perspective

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
No... The Rangers would be playing TBL and CAR would be playing PHI in the first round

Got it... It's the falling victim to being overconfident vs lesser team going all in
24 mars à 10 h 9
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,352
Quoting: Rangsey
Forgive me for not googling it myself. Whats the KHL format?

Due to all the foreign teams dropping out of the league, they changed the format this season. If I remember correctly, after the first round they mash the conferences together and re-seed from there. Something like that.
zk97 et Rangsey a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 12 h 16
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Nashville may very well be a dark horse this playoffs

Since that concert cancellation they have just been on fire

Filip Forsberg should be top 5 in Hart voting, imo. He doesn't have the points to compete w/ MacK, Kuch, and Pasta, but he's absolutely carried that team offensively - much like Taylor Hall in 2017-18. He scores big goals Without him, Nashville is probably a bottom 5 team.
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage