I HATE MY FANBASE

Créé par: Carleton
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 13 août 2023
Publié: 13 août 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Gonna break it down a little bit here

BRODIE: Stop trading him for scraps (or stop trading him at all) His defensive analytics were some of the best among RD last season. He is a beast in his own and and is a great partner to guys like Mo and Klingberg. Brodie was good against Tampa, but faltered against Florida, like the rest of the team did. Calling him a "bad playoff performer" would just be a lie.

NYLANDER: Stop trying to trade him to Carolina for Pesce. Has the hockey world learned anything from the Hall for Larsson trade? He is a back to back 80 point player, losing him would crush our offensive production. I can guarantee teams are interested, but the only one who should be making a move is Brad. If Nylander prices himself out, then so be it. We use the money we would have used to sign him, to sign 1-2 top 6 players (or trade for them) to try and replace some of his production. Or, you know, give our prospects a go in the top 6?

It's way more ideal to keep him for a playoff run than to trade him for Pesce or Hanifin. Stop, please.

JARNKROK: Is a solid 3rd line piece, but he can be replaced. If we HAVE to move him, I'm not opposed to it. But good luck finding a team that has 2.1m in cap space that is interested in him. Let's just keep him.

REAVES: I don't mind the idea, but the AAV and term is way too much. You're telling me 36 year old Reaves won't take sub 1m? We have no choice though.
Transactions
TOR
    Fine 4th line winger, but very easily replaceable.
    ARI
    1. Lafferty, Sam
    2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2025 (TOR)
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2183 500 000 $84 406 450 $0 $0 $-906 450 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    C, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 2
    2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AD, C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    762 500 $762 500 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 2
    1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    3 550 000 $3 550 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    766 667 $766 667 $
    G
    RFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    796 667 $796 667 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    13 août 2023 à 7 h 37
    Jesus Christ Is King
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 740
    All Fanbase's have about 10% ratio of stupid fans
    With teams like the Original 6 our Fanbase is highest.
    So as a result our Volume of stupid fans are higher.
    exo2769, LeafsFanForSomeReason, TheFastAndTheFleuryous and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
    13 août 2023 à 8 h 40
    Rip
    Rejoint: déc. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,098
    I am convinced many of those really bad fans are actually trolls who pretend to be leaf fans to troll leaf fans
    13 août 2023 à 8 h 40
    exo2769
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,833
    Quoting: Billy316

This is exactly correct. I'd add, it's up to the 90% to politely guide the 10% to some form of sanity.

As for the comments. If Gretzky can be traded...anyone can. I don't think TOR wants to trade Nylander. It's just that he's asking for WAY to much money. Unfortunate position they're both in. He saw AM and MM get big money, but he's not on the same level of those guys AND covid kept the cap down.
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    13 août 2023 à 8 h 46
    You know nothing JS
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,434
    I have more respect for Leafs fans who realize they need to break the top 4 to improve their Dcore than the ones preaching the status quo after 5 years of total utter failure. But that's just me.
    Affectionate_Side_64 a aimé ceci.
    13 août 2023 à 8 h 47
    Rejoint: nov. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,451
    Well said, TBH even as a Habs fan, I agree with you on all your points. The Leafs are setup to be very good this year, Treliving did the one thing that Dubas could never figure out, he built a team setup for both regular season and playoff success. Bertuzzi and Domi additions will have a night and day effect on the playoff success, The D is solid with the addition of Klingberg who is underrated for his 2 way play (better younger Petry IMO), the goaltending on paper looks shaky but I think it will surprise a lot of nay sayers.
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    13 août 2023 à 9 h 6
    JimmyPaek
    Rejoint: avr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,175
    Pretty sure most people hate them too lol. Leafs have been my 2nd team since 1995 so I’m not one of them but ya lots of leaf haters.
    13 août 2023 à 9 h 7
    JimmyPaek
    Quoting: jpsnow13
    I have more respect for Leafs fans who realize they need to break the top 4 to improve their Dcore than the ones preaching the status quo after 5 years of total utter failure. But that's just me.

Last season was their best yet with that core. Why break it up now?
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    13 août 2023 à 9 h 9
    JimmyPaek
    Dump Lafferty and Timmins. They’re AHLers.
    13 août 2023 à 9 h 12
    Rejoint: janv. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 5,290
    Quoting: Billy316

On this site, sure, 10% sounds right, but this is a place that people actively seek out to talk about hockey. The real world percentage is unfortunately much higher lol
    13 août 2023 à 9 h 41
    Tank it baby
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,288
    Modifié 13 août 2023 à 9 h 51
    Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
    On this site, sure, 10% sounds right, but this is a place that people actively seek out to talk about hockey. The real world percentage is unfortunately much higher lol

Leafs fans used to tell me you could never win a Cup with Phil Kessel. He was all me, me, me. I told them Phil Kessel was not the problem in Toronto. I said all he needed was to get out of Toronto and he'd win a Cup.

I was wrong. Phil Kessel has won 3 Cups since he left Toronto. Of course these same clowns told me he had nothing to do with winning them. Ok so Phil didn't play much in the Vegas Cup run. But he did during the season. He'll get his 3rd Cup ring.

Back in 1997, Leafs fans hated Larry Murphy because he was making 3 mil. He was "so bad" apparently and "just had to go. Worst Defenseman in the NHL!"

Leafs GM Mike Smith deals him to Detroit at the trade deadline. Murphy pairs with Nick Lidstrom and he wins back to back Cups just like he did years earlier in Pittsburgh.

The Leaf clowns said "well he was playing with Lidstrom." So Murphy had nothing to do with the 2 Cup wins? Nope. Worst Defenseman in the NHL!

Oh by the way. Leafs paid half of Murphy's salary the next season too. But at least they got future considerations in return for albatross Murphy.
    13 août 2023 à 10 h 3
    Prime Primeau
    Rejoint: avr. 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,173
    Funny how right now, every sane person would take Larsson before Hall
    13 août 2023 à 10 h 4
    Rejoint: juin 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 131
    The Reaves overpay will help with all the fines he will receive as a Leaf
    drambui a aimé ceci.
    13 août 2023 à 10 h 11
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 315
    Why would the Leafs give away a 5th round pick with Lafferty?

They can simply put him on waivers. Another team might claim
    him, or his entire salary can be buried and he plays for the Marlies.
    13 août 2023 à 10 h 20
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,512

it reminds me when edomton decided to do the same. traded eberle and hall and went horribly for them.
    13 août 2023 à 10 h 34
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 37
    Why so emotional? I never understood why people get upset with fun trade ideas that others post on this site. This site is meant for that… exploring fantasy trades. The only reason why Brodie and Nylander are always a part of fantasy trades is bc trading them frees up cap to get a decent player back or make multiple other trades to make things fun. Instead of a lacklustre Lafferty trade.
    13 août 2023 à 11 h 23
    Rejoint: juill. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 434
    Ha...

So you talk about how this team needs more offense then roll out a bottom 6 with two centermen who are offensive blackholes and waste Knies on Kampf's wing. Which one of those D pairings are you giving the toughest matchups to in the playoffs?

Oh, and you're still over the cap. OF course we can't afford to lose Nylander though, where would Matthews and Bertuzzi be without him on their wing?

The trade I proposed was not Nylander for Pesce, it was Nylander and Brodie for Pesce and Skjei, the latter two who formed the Canes top shutdown pair and were second in expected goals and shot attempts league wide, with Skjei tying Josi and Burns for 3rd in goals by defensemen with 18 despite not getting PP1 time.
    13 août 2023 à 11 h 39
    Rejoint: mai 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 554
    Hey true fan make sure you put that you want to send timmins down cause you can't afford him. You guys are always over the cap and don't want to address it. So it's Robertson, Lagesson or some UFA player as your 21st guy.
    13 août 2023 à 11 h 50
    Rejoint: mai 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,735
    The Brodie buyout/trade for pennies talk was pure speculation. It made no sense to do. I don't ever think there was any truth to that to begin with. I think some Leafs fans are just so desperate for change that they were willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

The Nylander stuff I think you may be slightly off on. Pesce is a good dman. Hanifin is a good dman. They are not comparable to Larsson in the slightest although Larsson finally seems to have taken a step towards being a decent player at the age of 30! Their next contracts will be cheaper than Nylander's too so if the goal is to shore up defense at the cost of offense, this isn't a bad route as it will give the Leafs more cap flexibility. Plus their might be more to the deal too so who knows. Nylander at even 9M would be a terrible mistake IMO. The team has too many high cost contracts as is and another one would all but ensure they would be capped out for the next couple years. If a deal for picks and prospects was offered that was fair, that could be another option but so few teams have 9M in cap to just add next year so chances are even a picks/prospects trade would involve some cap going back in the deal.

Jarnkrok may be tough to move at this juncture despite being a good player. I think the best bet would be to move other players if cap is an issue. Wait till next year when cap goes up to move him if still needed.

Reaves contract was so silly. I don't mind the idea, I think a tough guy like Reaves may give some added back bone to guys like Matthews and Marner etc but I cannot fathom how those negotiations went. I mean if that is what it took to convince Reaves to come to TOR, than they should have looked elsewhere. Every penny is soo valuable to TOR that spending 1.3M for Reaves was an unnecessary decision to make.

As for the fan base, its the unfortunate dichotomy of having a big fan base to begin with. So many voices, some are bound to be far off the center line. I think the lesson here is not let ppl's opinions bother you so much, especially when they have no barring on what actually happens in the NHL. I think ppl often forget that.
    13 août 2023 à 11 h 59
    Leafs going to Leafs
    Rejoint: déc. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,009
    Quoting: F50marco
    The Brodie buyout/trade for pennies talk was pure speculation. It made no sense to do. I don't ever think there was any truth to that to begin with. I think some Leafs fans are just so desperate for change that they were willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

The Nylander stuff I think you may be slightly off on. Pesce is a good dman. Hanifin is a good dman. They are not comparable to Larsson in the slightest although Larsson finally seems to have taken a step towards being a decent player at the age of 30! Their next contracts will be cheaper than Nylander's too so if the goal is to shore up defense at the cost of offense, this isn't a bad route as it will give the Leafs more cap flexibility. Plus their might be more to the deal too so who knows. Nylander at even 9M would be a terrible mistake IMO. The team has too many high cost contracts as is and another one would all but ensure they would be capped out for the next couple years. If a deal for picks and prospects was offered that was fair, that could be another option but so few teams have 9M in cap to just add next year so chances are even a picks/prospects trade would involve some cap going back in the deal.

Jarnkrok may be tough to move at this juncture despite being a good player. I think the best bet would be to move other players if cap is an issue. Wait till next year when cap goes up to move him if still needed.

Reaves contract was so silly. I don't mind the idea, I think a tough guy like Reaves may give some added back bone to guys like Matthews and Marner etc but I cannot fathom how those negotiations went. I mean if that is what it took to convince Reaves to come to TOR, than they should have looked elsewhere. Every penny is soo valuable to TOR that spending 1.3M for Reaves was an unnecessary decision to make.

As for the fan base, its the unfortunate dichotomy of having a big fan base to begin with. So many voices, some are bound to be far off the center line. I think the lesson here is not let ppl's opinions bother you so much, especially when they have no barring on what actually happens in the NHL. I think ppl often forget that.

Can I just expand upon this? Please,

to the owner of this thread, it's August 2023... I get Matthews, Nylander and co aren't resigned but it's summer, with nice beautiful days outside and hockey season rolling around the corner... no need to stress out over random fantasy trades from fans who want the next shiny object (key word; fantasy)... So, take a break, relax and enjoy your summer/fall/winter/srping until April, where all the stress ramps up to 100/10
    13 août 2023 à 16 h 36
    Rejoint: juill. 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 71
    As an EDM fan, I miss Larson 100000% more than Hall. Trade was obviously a bit one sided, but damn would I love to have Larson instead of Ceci.
    13 août 2023 à 16 h 42
    You know nothing JS
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,434
    Quoting: edeangel84
    Last season was their best yet with that core. Why break it up now?

Because if winning one round is your best, your team isn't very good.

NYI, a team most people call average, won 6 playoffs rounds in the same period. But they have defense.
    edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
    13 août 2023 à 16 h 57
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: févr. 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 402
    Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
    Ha...

So you talk about how this team needs more offense then roll out a bottom 6 with two centermen who are offensive blackholes and waste Knies on Kampf's wing. Which one of those D pairings are you giving the toughest matchups to in the playoffs?

Oh, and you're still over the cap. OF course we can't afford to lose Nylander though, where would Matthews and Bertuzzi be without him on their wing?

The trade I proposed was not Nylander for Pesce, it was Nylander and Brodie for Pesce and Skjei, the latter two who formed the Canes top shutdown pair and were second in expected goals and shot attempts league wide, with Skjei tying Josi and Burns for 3rd in goals by defensemen with 18 despite not getting PP1 time.

You signed dinosaur Toews as your 3C and both him and Kampf had 30 points. At least Kampf contributes defensively.
    13 août 2023 à 16 h 58
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: F50marco

Pesce is pretty comparable to Larsson in that they are both "top pairing" DFD's. Neither of which are worth a point per game player.
    13 août 2023 à 16 h 59
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
    Funny how right now, every sane person would take Larsson before Hall

Only took Larsson how many years to bounce back? The original team that traded for him got rid of him because he sucked. Not trying to recreate that.
    13 août 2023 à 17 h 0
    Démarrer sujet
    Because if winning one round is your best, your team isn't very good.

NYI, a team most people call average, won 6 playoffs rounds in the same period. But they have defense.

NYI have had some runs but are now heading towards the retirement home and handing out 7 year contracts like candy. 0 cups with that core so who really cares

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage