SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - General Discussion Thread

12 mars 2018 à 20 h 20
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,296

When you nothing about Basketball so you just randomly guess
Daryl, Kotkaniemi15, rangersandislesfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2018 à 20 h 49
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

Wouldn’t be shocked if you won the bracket pool then haha. Typically, the less you know about basketball, the better you do because why not lol.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2018 à 20 h 50
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Quoting: matt59
Wouldn’t be shocked if you won the bracket pool then haha. Typically, the less you know about basketball, the better you do because why not lol.

Syracuse Orange wins over Michigan Wolverines in the final. #smart
12 mars 2018 à 20 h 53
WentWughes
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Syracuse Orange wins over Michigan Wolverines in the final. #smart

Is that good?
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2018 à 22 h 5
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052

Don't stress it. All I did was copy some journalists picks. Hopefully he knew a thing or two about college basketball Sticking Out Tongue
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2018 à 23 h 32
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: matt59

Hockey Fans Coming Into 17-18 NHL Season: Vegas is not going to make the playoffs. They have no chance at all.
Non-Hockey Fans Coming Into 17-18 NHL Season: I think Vegas is going to make the playoffs.
It looks like all us hockey fans were wrong ... a lot of non-hockey fans were right.
13 mars 2018 à 0 h 12
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,502
Anaheim Ducks

Willing to move the following player rights for mid-late picks...

D -Steven Ruggiero = 6th
RW - Kyle Olson = 5th http://amshockey.com/players/27268
C - Brent Gates = 3rd
C - Jack Badini = 3rd
C - Tyler Soy = 2nd http://victoriaroyals.com/players/26403
D - David Quenneville = 4th http://tigershockey.com/players/26697
13 mars 2018 à 20 h 19
SEA GM v5
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 880
New York Islanders

Looking to move the following players for picks:

Cam Ward: 3rd+
Dennis Seidenberg: 5th or best offer
Michael Chaput: Best offer
Tyler Ennis: 4th+ or best offer
Vladimir Sobotka: 4th+ or 3rd and small cap dump (Nothing more then $2.5M)
Casey Cizikas: Send offers
13 mars 2018 à 20 h 37
WentWughes
Quoting: TabooPenguo
New York Islanders

Cam Ward: 3rd+
Tyler Ennis: 4th+ or best offer
Vladimir Sobotka: 4th+ or 3rd and small cap dump (Nothing more then $2.5M)
Casey Cizikas: Send offers

Take it my offer on Ennis was rejected lol
13 mars 2018 à 20 h 43
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016
Modifié 15 mars 2018 à 0 h 37
(delete)
15 mars 2018 à 0 h 39
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016
Have a bunch of surplus. Will move these guys for picks.

Minnesota Wild
Marc Staal: 4th+
Marcus Sorensen: 3rd
Peter Budaj: 7th
Scottie Upshall: 7th
Ryan Murphy: 4th

Derek Forbort: Best offer wins
15 mars 2018 à 0 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Someone give these Ahlers a home...

Michael Leighton
Tye McGinn

They've been forced to the press box and ECHL by their idiot GM
15 mars 2018 à 15 h 47
get ur corsi up
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Edmonton Oilers

Michael Raffl is OTB, looking for a mid rounder. Message me if you want some reliable depth.
15 mars 2018 à 15 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,735
Arizona Coyotes

Available for a reasonable offer (picks and prospects):
Hjalmarsson
Rieder
Bonino

Available for just about anything (picks and prospects + cap dump)
Martinook
Richardson
Cousins
Kronwall
Connauton
Domingue
15 mars 2018 à 17 h 34
Emotionally in 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quick question for everybody - who considers themselves to be "buyers" at the deadline? Just seems like there isn't a huge market for rental depth players at the moment, so if there's anybody that's actually interested in those types of players, please make yourself noticed.
A_K, rangersandislesfan, flamesfan419 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 mars 2018 à 17 h 56
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: krakowitz
Quick question for everybody - who considers themselves to be "buyers" at the deadline? Just seems like there isn't a huge market for rental depth players at the moment, so if there's anybody that's actually interested in those types of players, please make yourself noticed.

Not so much depth, I'm set there. Only looking at rentals that will fit into my regular lineup and are very cheap to acquire.
Problem is that the supply of depth players greatly exceeds the demand, because teams have already stocked up on players that are a little above depth level.
Too many teams selling, and a lot of 2nd/3rd liners taking up bottom 6 slots on the competing teams as a result.
15 mars 2018 à 18 h 45
Black Lives Matter

Speaking of this, Johnny Oduya is available. We're sellers but that should be no surprise with how bad the Senators are this year.
15 mars 2018 à 19 h 35
WentWughes
Available for Picks/Prospects

Matt Cullen
Jussi Jokinen
Taylor Chorney
Colin Greening
Miro Aaltonen
Justin Holl
Ben Smith
Brandon Bollig
Rinat Valiev
15 mars 2018 à 20 h 1
CFGM Game Moderator
Mentions "j'aime": 1,502
Modifié 15 mars 2018 à 20 h 26

I would consider myself a buyer in the sense that I'd like to add experience for the imaginary playoffs.
Most notably on defense. The problem is that teams who are "selling" want some crazy high prices for anyone of relative worth.
That siad, there are deals to be made, but both teams need to be willing to work at together rather than everyone looking to make a "big score" at this time of year.
The other issue is simply that players someone may have interest in just aren't available right now for obvious reasons. So that plays into it too.

And as I've said right from the time I joined, I'd much prefer someone tell me what they want/need for players I may inquire about rather than just saying, "you can offer".
My own personal reasons for that is I have no idea what they might want, so if I offer something they consider too low, it makes me look like a lowballer and on the other hand if I come in too high the risk is there to overpay for no reason.

On the complete other hand, I would also consider myself to be a seller. Since there can only be 1 winner each year I have given thought to looking ahead to next year by using the decent assets I may have to start 2018/19 in a better position.

It doesn't help when no one really visits your team page to inquire about anyone on your team. Kinda makes a person wonder if they even have anything of value to try and make deals with.
There's also the conspiracy theory in my mind that others just don't want to deal with you for whatever reason. The only reason I even think that is when I see trades involving players I asked about moving for less than what I was willing to pay. But again, that all goes back to the other team needs to work with you and make it known what they want rather than just either saying "make an offer" then turning it down, or simply saying no to anything you put out there as a starting point.
15 mars 2018 à 21 h 43
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: flamesfan419
I would consider myself a buyer in the sense that I'd like to add experience for the imaginary playoffs.
Most notably on defense. The problem is that teams who are "selling" want some crazy high prices for anyone of relative worth.
That siad, there are deals to be made, but both teams need to be willing to work at together rather than everyone looking to make a "big score" at this time of year.
The other issue is simply that players someone may have interest in just aren't available right now for obvious reasons. So that plays into it too.

And as I've said right from the time I joined, I'd much prefer someone tell me what they want/need for players I may inquire about rather than just saying, "you can offer".
My own personal reasons for that is I have no idea what they might want, so if I offer something they consider too low, it makes me look like a lowballer and on the other hand if I come in too high the risk is there to overpay for no reason.

On the complete other hand, I would also consider myself to be a seller. Since there can only be 1 winner each year I have given thought to looking ahead to next year by using the decent assets I may have to start 2018/19 in a better position.

It doesn't help when no one really visits your team page to inquire about anyone on your team. Kinda makes a person wonder if they even have anything of value to try and make deals with.
There's also the conspiracy theory in my mind that others just don't want to deal with you for whatever reason. The only reason I even think that is when I see trades involving players I asked about moving for less than what I was willing to pay. But again, that all goes back to the other team needs to work with you and make it known what they want rather than just either saying "make an offer" then turning it down, or simply saying no to anything you put out there as a starting point.

I'm not going to say which GM it was, but around the time the game started, i made an offer on a player, and the team took quite a bit less than what i offered from another team.
15 mars 2018 à 22 h 0
SEA GM v5
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm not going to say which GM it was, but around the time the game started, i made an offer on a player, and the team took quite a bit less than what i offered from another team.

Hey, I was new!
nobody, Daryl, LicMysak and 2 others a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2018 à 12 h 21
get ur corsi up
Edmonton Oilers

Taking offers on Joshua Ho-Sang. He is not being shopped but we will listen. Ideally the return would be: depth pieces + picks/prospects.

Also looking for a cheap 4C and depth defensemen.
17 mars 2018 à 14 h 24
WentWughes
Quoting: Daryl
Edmonton Oilers

Taking offers on Joshua Ho-Sang. He is not being shopped but we will listen. Ideally the return would be: depth pieces + picks/prospects.

Also looking for a cheap 4C and depth defensemen.

Interested in Cullen as a 4C?
17 mars 2018 à 15 h 2
get ur corsi up
Interested in Cullen as a 4C?

Not a hole lot, I’m looking for someone I can bring back next year to replace Letestu if I lose him. Cullen is likely to retire this year.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2018 à 16 h 57
SEA GM v5
Quoting: TabooPenguo
New York Islanders

Cam Ward: 3rd+ (Willing to retain)
Vladimir Sobotka: Best offer