SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #4: Deadline is Approaching

2 mars à 21 h 20
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,371
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Right? Feels like there are a few fan bases that have zero representation, a few that have a couple devoted users, and then there's the Leafs and Habs

And honestly, the Wild have one of the best fan bases if you ask me.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
2 mars à 21 h 27
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 476
Modifié 2 mars à 21 h 32
I thought maybe the islanders would take a stab at Tarasenko and look to add him for a few seasons. Just seems like a guy for that group for the middle 6. They got Roy and I figured they’d like do something to push the group, but no.

But now Vegas is where I imagine Tarasenko ends up, perhaps staying also. He’s also fit so well in Pittsburg I feel. Take some of the load off Malkin. Maybe if you move guentzel you could take a little bit of that and give it to Ottawa for Tarasenko.

I was down on tarasenkos value earlier, but he’s playing great - I wonder if his value grows a bit.
2 mars à 21 h 29
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,572
Quoting: aadoyle
Oh Rempe chickened out

kid's had like 5 fights already and hes supposed to fight someone whos known as one of the best fighters? while keeping in mind he's f*cked up from the last fights he's had. for reference one of these pictures is current, one is from his NHL.com page

8482460.png
GHcFTkPWkAA1D5l.jpg:large
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
2 mars à 21 h 30
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,107
Quoting: palhal
Kinda funny, that the Isles a few years ago, were barely out of playoff spot at TDL They didn't trade Tavares, and still missed the playoffs. And somehow the Isles fans blame Tavares leaving as a UFA. Isles management had a choice to be sellers but didn't.

See - the reason that Isles fans blame Tavares for that is because it was widely reported at the time that JT specifically asked *not* to be traded at the deadline. They were 4 points behind CBJ for the last playoff spot at that year's deadline and were (amazingly) 5th overall in the league in goals scored - but they were awful defensively. They even made a few trades at the deadline to shore that up, bringing in Brandon Davidson for a 3rd and swapping Jason Chimera's speed for Chris Wagner's sandpaper in the bottom-6.

Most Islanders fans were on board with that plan, since the goal was to extend Tavares in the offseason and trading him away at the deadline would make that pretty damn hard. We all know how that free agency turned out, and we don't need to re-litigate all of that, but it's not like they had their head in the sand over everything.
2 mars à 21 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,002
Quoting: zk97
kid's had like 5 fights already and hes supposed to fight someone whos known as one of the best fighters? while keeping in mind he's f*cked up from the last fights he's had. for reference one of these pictures is current, one is from his NHL.com page

8482460.png
GHcFTkPWkAA1D5l.jpg:large

True but at the same time he did fight Des whose argued as the 2nd best fighter.

Got a feeling before the end there gonna be one but its a wait and see. But after he charged Lybushkin would be surprised if not
2 mars à 21 h 32
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,572
I mean he had no problem charging someone afterwards

Got a feeling before the end there gonna be one but its a wait and see.

clean hit, didnt hit the head, he's just tall and landed a massive hit. Maybe he shouldn't have jumped into the hit but he hit him legally im pretty sure
2 mars à 21 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 2 mars à 21 h 43
clean hit, didnt hit the head, he's just tall and landed a massive hit. Maybe he shouldn't have jumped into the hit but he hit him legally im pretty sure

He did leap though as if u look he jumps into the hit

U2 league now, if did anything probs will be fined tomorrow

But yea there be rules for that and hes 6'7 why jump lul
2 mars à 21 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 2 mars à 21 h 48
Expectations vs. reality come to mind for that fight I just witnessed lul

That was a snooze fest

Expecting Des vs. Rempe got Reaves vs. Imama

Oh well it happened at least
2 mars à 21 h 46
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,731
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
See - the reason that Isles fans blame Tavares for that is because it was widely reported at the time that JT specifically asked *not* to be traded at the deadline. They were 4 points behind CBJ for the last playoff spot at that year's deadline and were (amazingly) 5th overall in the league in goals scored - but they were awful defensively. They even made a few trades at the deadline to shore that up, bringing in Brandon Davidson for a 3rd and swapping Jason Chimera's speed for Chris Wagner's sandpaper in the bottom-6.

Most Islanders fans were on board with that plan, since the goal was to extend Tavares in the offseason and trading him away at the deadline would make that pretty damn hard. We all know how that free agency turned out, and we don't need to re-litigate all of that, but it's not like they had their head in the sand over everything.

"Widely reported", such nonsense if any fan believes it. If Tavares was asked with a microphone in his face, what else is going to say in February. "I want to be traded." No player throws his team under the bus, especially when they are in a playoff hunt.
If hadn't resigned, by TDL, surely the Isles management must have known he might be leave as UFA. Heck trade him, and hope to resign as UFA..
Tavares, any player, any GM, any team does not have the reveal the truth in public about their contracts. GMs don't tell the truth publicly often, so a player have to doesn't either.
Now, IMO, players and the GMs should be somewhat honest with each other, but the fact that Tavares hadn't signed a contract before TDL has to tell the Isles....are chances of signing as a UFA is about 3%
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mars à 22 h 11
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,389
Seven more scouts at Quinnipiac game today, including Florida and Colorado. It’s a Grafrenzy.
2 mars à 22 h 21
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091

It's pretty low for Reaves to try to get a fight with a guy sporting two black eyes.
I wouldn't have even put Rempe in that game.
The way he is expected to play means he could be forced into a bad situation. Players aren't going to take it easy on him because he's injured, especially if he's running around throwing the body.
2 mars à 22 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: ricochetii
It's pretty low for Reaves to try to get a fight with a guy sporting two black eyes.
The way he is expected to play means he could be forced into a bad situation. Players aren't going to take it easy on him because he's injured, especially if he's running around throwing the body.

I mean to be fair Rempe was gonna have to respond for what happened with Lybushkin

Cant do what he did and not expect something. Like a 6'7 guy leaping for a hit resulting in a guy going to concussion protocols is going to warrant something. Better to do it when he did to not take an instigator is all im gonna say on Reaves part. Still surprised he wasnt called for charging
2 mars à 22 h 43
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,701
My Take:
Rempe charge/board on LyBu - skated for 3-4 strong strides, jumps at end (and yeah he's big, yadda yadda).

Should of been 5min + game (gate/showers) at that point (no DoPes/supplemental afterward, just 5-n-a-gm)...
palhal a aimé ceci.
2 mars à 22 h 52
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,731
Quoting: ricochetii

Two black eyes doesn't mean injured. Wasn't impressed by Rempe in his first game. Starts a fight with the "no shield" Matt Martin. Wanna start a fight with a no shield player to start a game, don't wear a shield.
2 mars à 22 h 58
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,701
Two black eyes doesn't mean injured. Wasn't impressed by Rempe in his first game. Starts a fight with the "no shield" Matt Martin. Wanna start a fight with a no shield player to start a game, don't wear a shield.

Rempe has to wear a shield, it's mandatory now.
Those without the shield are grandfathered - ie: they are older than dirt...

Again-Shield-Mandatory-Now-Young-Must-Players-NHL...(SNL Live)
2 mars à 23 h 12
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
I mean to be fair Rempe was gonna have to respond for what happened with Lybushkin

Cant do what he did and not expect something. Like a 6'7 guy leaping for a hit resulting in a guy going to concussion protocols is going to warrant something. Better to do it when he did to not take an instigator is all im gonna say on Reaves part. Still surprised he wasnt called for charging

That's why he shouldn't have been in the game. He's going to cause trouble and someone is going to go after him.

It does mean the tissue around the eyes is compromised and you can get serious eye injuries that way.

Not defending Rempe btw. He earns what he gets.
Staff should be looking out for their players though.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 3 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 3 mars à 3 h 30
Quoting: McGruff
My Take:
Rempe charge/board on LyBu - skated for 3-4 strong strides, jumps at end (and yeah he's big, yadda yadda).

Should of been 5min + game (gate/showers) at that point (no DoPes/supplemental afterward, just 5-n-a-gm)...

Gonna be curious now as when refs miss stuff DOPS can get involved. Considering boosh got hurt he may get a phone call for a game

As since refs missed he didn't get 5 + game so if they do call and it's a game there yah gon
3 mars à 8 h 41
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 202
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Did you press submit multiple times, since your internet’s slow, it’s likely it registered it as sent multiple times

Not sure what happened, but that could be it. Thanks
3 mars à 9 h 44
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,978
On the Rempe with Libby,

IMO, clean, hard hit... Reaves wanted hockey to be more violent again, a 6'7" mutant destroying your defender is violent... Would have been interesting to see the reaction if TOR was down in the penalty count or if Rempe had the Leaf logo on himself for consequence, however... Just to be clear, do not think it's a penalty...

Glad Reaves responded as I wanted to see the fight...
3 mars à 13 h 5
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,389
Ufko, Morrow…
From sounds of UMass final home game, it really sounds like it will be the last for Captain Ryan Ufko. Pre-game sounded like a fairwell…coaches comments after the game sounded like the praise a coach gives his retiring captain. Ufko is still a junior, but is likely to sign with Nashville once the playoffs are over. He is a good one…I would not be surprised to see him make the jump right away.

What is notable in all this…their other star junior dman, Scott Morrow, did not seem to get the “send off” that Ufko got. Maybe they think he is coming back? Carolina tried signing him last Spring and were unsuccessful. There has been talk for a couple years that he may be headed toward NCAA free agency (his rights expire in 2025). And Carolina not having a AHL franchise does not help. If Morrow returns to UMass for his senior season, that could be a pretty good signal he is walking.

Graf, Quillan…
A friend who is on a NCAA coaching staff told me he knows nothing, but has heard Graf and Quillan may sign as a pair for Eastern Conference non-playoff team, but may be just a pitch from their ‘advisor’ (agent). But if true, I’d guess Pittsburgh maybe. (Conventional thought has always been Quillan is going to Boston).

That’s all. Thought I’d share.
3 mars à 13 h 14
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,069
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Ufko, Morrow…
From sounds of UMass final home game, it really sounds like it will be the last for Captain Ryan Ufko. Pre-game sounded like a fairwell…coaches comments after the game sounded like the praise a coach gives his retiring captain. Ufko is still a junior, but is likely to sign with Nashville once the playoffs are over. He is a good one…I would not be surprised to see him make the jump right away.

What is notable in all this…their other star junior dman, Scott Morrow, did not seem to get the “send off” that Ufko got. Maybe they think he is coming back? Carolina tried signing him last Spring and were unsuccessful. There has been talk for a couple years that he may be headed toward NCAA free agency (his rights expire in 2025). And Carolina not having a AHL franchise does not help. If Morrow returns to UMass for his senior season, that could be a pretty good signal he is walking.

Graf, Quillan…
A friend who is on a NCAA coaching staff told me he knows nothing, but has heard Graf and Quillan may sign as a pair for Eastern Conference non-playoff team, but may be just a pitch from their ‘advisor’ (agent). But if true, I’d guess Pittsburgh maybe. (Conventional thought has always been Quillan is going to Boston).

That’s all. Thought I’d share.

I feel like Graf to Boston just feels like a foregone conclusion. I can't imagine the Bruins would turn their nose up at the opportunity to add a talent like him for free, and he is a local guy who would probably make the team next season (could fill DeBrusk's spot)

Quillan is a guy I really wanted Toronto to sign last offseason, but at this point there is no real opportunity for the guy. I think Quillan to Pittsburgh seems super likely.
3 mars à 13 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Leafsfan98
On the Rempe with Libby,

IMO, clean, hard hit... Reaves wanted hockey to be more violent again, a 6'7" mutant destroying your defender is violent... Would have been interesting to see the reaction if TOR was down in the penalty count or if Rempe had the Leaf logo on himself for consequence, however... Just to be clear, do not think it's a penalty...

Glad Reaves responded as I wanted to see the fight...

Its not clean, he leaves his feet and takes 4 strides to make that hit with no puck in play so fast the ref ran out of the way. A 6'7 guy should have 0 reason to leave his feet to hit a guy 5 inches shorter

https://twitter.com/FAN590/status/1764144154223706495?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Someone who worked for a hockeyteam on the right defined it as a charge

Need to google the def of a charge vs a big hit as what Rempe did was not hitting.

Even NYR announcers were like did he leave his feet

Cant be doing that
3 mars à 13 h 37
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
When I played you could leave your feet as long as you initiated contact first. I don't think that's changed. I think I'd be fine with a 2-min charge though because he came too far across the ice to line him up. Also doesn't bother me if the penalty wasn't called, but it'd be nice to see some consistency.
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 14 h 58
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,275
Dylan Guenther is unreal, can't believe Arizona haven't been playing him all year.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 15 h 13
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Please do something. Don. Anything will do.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage