SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #3: After Further Review...

10 févr. à 22 h 31
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 215
Quoting: McGruff
Can't go back however...
I'm looking at Monday this week.
And I see 2-games.
THAT's THE CALL in the here & now.

IF it was viewed as just "Scrub Player X on Beerleaguer Player Y" the 2-G suspension take would get 95% approval rating...

The NHL Rulebook doesn't change week to week, if you want to talk about recent examples, see what Marchment did to McCabe
10 févr. à 22 h 33
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Quoting: Leafsfan98
There always has been...

Bunting on Cernak, Spezza on Pionk, even the Matthews on Dahlin was considered severe...

Of course there's a double standard, it's common sense. However, you have to ask it like a question if you want people to do their own thinking and realize you're right
10 févr. à 22 h 34
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,036
Anyway I'm not saying Rielly should not be punished but based on circumstances and going back and watching along with bad officiating and clean record 1 game should be it but would not surprise me if Parros gets hard for blue and white again
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 22 h 37
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,702
Quoting: LeafsForLife
The NHL Rulebook doesn't change week to week, if you want to talk about recent examples, see what Marchment did to McCabe

It shouldn't, but it def does...
1000% a cross check to neck/head has to get press-boxed end of story...
10 févr. à 22 h 37
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,008
Of course there's a double standard, it's common sense. However, you have to ask it like a question if you want people to do their own thinking and realize you're right

It's frustrating bc it's obvious
LeafsForLife a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 22 h 38
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,434
Dale Hunter shot on Pierre Turgeon = 21 games

10 févr. à 22 h 38
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,008

Greig should also get something for embellishing
10 févr. à 22 h 40
Lifelong Leafs Fan

I would have no problem if that was consistent league-wide, and I would agree with you 100%. However, there is no consistency. You defeated your own argument as well, if the rulebook changes week to week (and we don't know when one period ends and another begins), the standards could be completely different if/when he gets disciplined
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 22 h 41
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Greig should also get something for embellishing

Next game Ryan Reaves has a little knuckle to nose talk w/ Jimmy Stu...that's the solution!
Not hoping Gary Bettman or the lame TV Panel make it better.
10 févr. à 22 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Dale Hunter shot on Pierre Turgeon = 21 games

Man 90s hockey was weird violent but also had some great stories and matchups

Not a good comparison if your using for now in this situation as now Dops hands those for multi time offenders and that guy probs had a few in his file
10 févr. à 22 h 42
GM CRIME DAWG
I would have no problem if that was consistent league-wide, and I would agree with you 100%. However, there is no consistency. You defeated your own argument as well, if the rulebook changes week to week (and we don't know when one period ends and another begins), the standards could be completely different if/when he gets disciplined

I'm not defeating my argument at all.

2-Games.
That's MY punishment to MR.
I've posted that for 4-CF-pages now...
10 févr. à 22 h 44
Quoting: aadoyle
Man 80s hockey was weird also not a good comparison if your using for now as now Dops hands those for multi time offenders and that guy probs had a few

Hard to predict what DOPS will do…they have been more lenient on head shots this year. Could be nothing. Could be longest suspension of year.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 22 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Hard to predict what DOPS will do…they have been more lenient on head shots this year. Could be nothing. Could be longest suspension of year.

Would be very surprised if Parros goes 7 games as that's way to much for a first time offender

The guy suspended in the video was basically proto Wilson per old memorabilia so once a record is there it goes up like we saw with Wilson back in day lul

Rielly never had one and as we have seen its normally 1-2 games with one guy somehow getting 6 which Parros probs went I don't like u lul

To me it's one but knowing Parros tax he may go stupid lvl

How he still has job be lul moment
10 févr. à 22 h 52
Brad Boyes please Wq
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 714
I guess I’ll toss my two cents into this

What Grieg did was objectively not the classiest move and well that’s a lesson learned looking at it for him now

However. Reilly 100% intentionally crossed checked him in the face. Can’t even say his stick went up his shoulders. He didn’t touch them at all. That’s a chicken move and does not have a place in hockey, if you’re actively defending Reilly here, idk man, the excuse of “oh look at back then” is over. It’s a newer, safer era of hockey. Accept it. Saying that’s embellishing is craaaazy

Reilly in my eyes should get 2 but if he gets more it’s his fault. You can’t do that, not now. Two key games to stay alive in the east coming up in Philadelphia and St Louis. Who are good or red hot rn. Reilly also learned a lesson. And will be learning a lesson on how to control a stick
McGruff, Hurricanes_WPG, Pompadour_de_Armstrong and 2 others a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 22 h 53
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Would be very surprised if Parros goes 7 games as that's way to much for a first time offender

The guy suspended in the video was basically proto Wilson per old memorabilia so once a record is there it goes up like we saw with Wilson back in day lul

Rielly never had one and as we have seen its normally 1-2 games with one guy somehow getting 6 which Parros probs went I don't like u lul

It tells you pretty much everything you need to know about the Bettman era that a goon is the chief disciplinarian (second to Bettman of course)
10 févr. à 23 h 1
Hakuna Matata
It tells you pretty much everything you need to know about the Bettman era that a goon is the chief disciplinarian (second to Bettman of course)

Shanahan was probs best guy running Dops then when he left they replace him with a former enforcer whose got 0 consistency and often ignore stuff

I would do a council system or a committee

3 people all neutral. That way maybe we get more consistent rulings. As we have seen it to much
10 févr. à 23 h 1
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,478
Quoting: Stones6160
I guess I’ll toss my two cents into this

What Grieg did was objectively not the classiest move and well that’s a lesson learned looking at it for him now

However. Reilly 100% intentionally crossed checked him in the face. Can’t even say his stick went up his shoulders. He didn’t touch them at all. That’s a chicken move and does not have a place in hockey, if you’re actively defending Reilly here, idk man, the excuse of “oh look at back then” is over. It’s a newer, safer era of hockey. Accept it. Saying that’s embellishing is craaaazy

Reilly in my eyes should get 2 but if he gets more it’s his fault. You can’t do that, not now. Two key games to stay alive in the east coming up in Philadelphia and St Louis. Who are good or red hot rn. Reilly also learned a lesson. And will be learning a lesson on how to control a stick

And I wasn’t even calling what Greig did right yet the 10 year old leafs fans came after me like I attempted to burn down their houses
10 févr. à 23 h 2

1 game? Not sure that would even be best for Leafs. He’d probably still have to answer for it…or worse, one of Matthews, Marner or Nylander would be exposed. No one wins with too light of a suspension.

5 games means no outside appeal…that would be my guess.

But deserves 10.
dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 23 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 févr. à 23 h 18
1 game? Not sure that would even be best for Leafs. He’d probably still have to answer for it…or worse, one of Matthews, Marner or Nylander would be exposed. No one wins with too light of a suspension.

5 games means no outside appeal…that would be my guess.

But deserves 10.

5 games way to much considering comparable = 1-2 based on similar stuff. Grieg was shook not hurt

And 10 is just meme worthy as we have seen guys do worse and get less

Look what Wilson did how many games he get after the rangers gam1-2 should be it and if anyone tries for Matthews or big 4 in a similar manner they got Reaves to deal with

In general all this be avoided with proper officiating but when have refs actually done their job consistently am I right

Anyway can't wait for drone and robots to take over officiating like in baseball (2025)
10 févr. à 23 h 17
Brad Boyes please Wq
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 714
Quoting: IconicHawk
And I wasn’t even calling what Greig did right yet the 10 year old leafs fans came after me like I attempted to burn down their houses

As I’ll always always always ALWAYS say. Welcome to Capleafy, Y’all
10 févr. à 23 h 17
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Whoever plays the Leafs in the first round should do that on the empty net in game 7
IconicHawk a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 23 h 18
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,083

Making this a Leafs issue is hilarious lmfao. Stuff like this has always and will always be a part of the sport
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, Leafsfan98 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 23 h 21
5 games way to much considering comparable = 1-2 based on similar stuff. Grieg was shook not hurt

And 10 is just meme worthy as we have seen guys do worse and get less

Look what Wilson did how many games he get after the rangers gam1-2 should be it and if anyone tries for Matthews or big 4 in a similar manner they got Reaves to deal with

Perron got 6.
That was a misplaced response from a hockey play.

This was after a whistle….worse, after a goal.
Cross check to head.
Should be no place for that in NHL.

Deserves 10, probably gets 5
10 févr. à 23 h 28
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,290

My god dude, get over yourself. Nobody "came after you", they just put in their two cents.
NorthernLeafsFan05, aadoyle, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 23 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 févr. à 23 h 35
Perron got 6.
That was a misplaced response from a hockey play.

This was after a whistle….worse, after a goal.
Cross check to head.
Should be no place for that in NHL.

Deserves 10, probably gets 5

Perron's not a great comparable due to the situation and once again everyone agreed to much for we saw stuff like he did = 1 or 2 games. It's an outlier

If Rielly gets 5 it shows Dops once again has no idea what it's doing as if u keep over suspending for stuff like this but don't do a thing for more serious stuff or have it 1-2 games we go no where

That's all there is to it. But so far Parros has shown to be inadequate of running the department. Keep doing oversuspensuons the vote of no confidence will come

1-2 games is the most rielly will probs get based on comparable with Perron being an outlier

10 is just silly talk. As that = guy going to hospital unresponsive after incident or for repeat offenders

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage