SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(OTT/DET) - DeBrincat for Kubalik, Sebrango, 2024 4th (DET), 2024 1st (DET)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 29
Hii
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 570
Quoting: Hollands_missing_brain
Not giving up Berggren or veleno was big, hate to see kubby go. But they have enough to convince kane. Not saying it is going to happen but.... if you can convince him now that Cat is here. He wouldn't cost as much as people think.

I think he’s going to Buffalo. Cause who wouldn’t want to play with a basketball player. Jokic ain’t got nothing on Thompson.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Wow the sens got fleeced. Well done Yzerman
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 31
Western Champs
Rejoint: sept. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 252
Pierre Dorion got what he deserved, if you trade for a player (especially US born) make sure you have a long term contract before you pull the trigger
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 32
Hii
Quoting: Joe_La_Garnotte
Pierre Dorion got what he deserved, if you trade for a player (especially US born) make sure you have a long term contract before you pull the trigger

Cries in Canada
TheBoyDuddus a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 32
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,463
In the span of 12 months, Pierre Dorion traded ....

1) Ottawa's 2024 3rd ..... for ..... Detroit's 2024 4th

Win for Detroit

2) #39 overall in 2022 ..... for ..... Dominik Kubalik + Donovan Sebrango

Fair

3) #7 overall in 2022 ..... for ..... Essentially whichever 2024 1st is lower between Boston and Detroit

Win for Detroit

This is a loss for Ottawa.

Congratulations to Steve Yzerman and the Detroit Red Wings for winning this trade.

Well done.
BCAPP, pavelisgoat et Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 33
Quoting: pavelisgoat
It’s a fair deal and along the lines of what we’ve marked it as for a long time now

It's a terrible deal for the sens but good job Yzerman. They traded a guy who from 20-25 has scored more points and more goals than anyone in the entire red wings organization (total or per game) over the same time period for a later first, a meh prospect, and a middle six winger without term. Wow
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 34
BostonBoy17
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 192
A 20 goal scorer, a 1st, a 4th, and a B prospect for a 40 goal scorer. Depends what you value more, but I like the math for both teams
Saskleaf et swinny a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 35
Mentions "j'aime": 2,509
Quoting: Random2152
Hey you remember how Sens fans kept insisting that they'd get a dragon haul for Cat, and got really angry when you told them to temper expectations?

Good times.

For example from this Thread

Anyway I actually think Dorian did alright for the situation - but it's still a clear win for DET - especially with limiting the deal to 4 years.

yeah.... you are acting a bit pathetic...
A_Habs_fan, Andy_Dick et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 36
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 121
Quoting: Hii
I think he’s going to Buffalo. Cause who wouldn’t want to play with a basketball player. Jokic ain’t got nothing on Thompson.

Fair, I had not seen any rumors for Kane up to this point. So I am purely just speculating. But given the chemistry kane and cat had, I also imagine he wants to get paid and play for a potential winner. Wings have both but so does buffalo so dealers choice I suppose
Hii a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 37
Hii
Quoting: beantownboy17
A 20 goal scorer, a 1st, a 4th, and a B prospect for a 40 goal scorer. Depends what you value more, but I like the math for both teams

It’s a pretty good trade for all sides. The Sens cap picture is clearer. Plus you aren’t as top heavy as before in your forward group. Depth scoring is addressed. The prospect pool is added too. And Detroit gets their man who will score a lot.
sarwahyper a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 37
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,451
I mean if you really think about it. It’s somewhat similar value to what they paid for him to begin with. They get a first that has the potential to be in the mid 15-25 range in a decent draft. They get Kubalik who is probably valued around a late first, early second round pick with his low cap hit, they get Sonrango who was a third round pick in 2020 and was great in the world juniors. Then they get a fourth which closes the gap even more.

Imo that's a huge stretch.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 38
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,649
Quoting: drambui
yeah.... you are acting a bit pathetic...

Oh no. The ****ty takes who called everyone else stupid got exposed for being ****ty. Wont someone think of the children.

I think you're just scared it'll happen to you
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 39
Hii
Fair, I had not seen any rumors for Kane up to this point. So I am purely just speculating. But given the chemistry kane and cat had, I also imagine he wants to get paid and play for a potential winner. Wings have both but so does buffalo so dealers choice I suppose

I don’t think either team is a winner. Not enough playoff experience and depth. But he may end up surprising us and end up going to one of these teams and then ask for a trade if they’re not in serous contention.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 40
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,398
Ehh, Ottawa kind of gets shafted here, like at best for Ottawa, it’s a fair deal but considering what they paid for Debrincat just 1 year ago and what they’re getting back now, I think it’s time to fire Dorion
Saskleaf et Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 40
Hii
Quoting: justaBoss
Imo that's a huge stretch.

It’s similar to what the market was originally set. Also there were a ton of factors not in the Sens favour. It’s a solid deal from both sides. Especially if both teams addressed needs which they did.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 730
Detroit essentially moved bertuzzi for the cat
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 49
Wow check out this review on the prospect from Scott Wheeler at the athletic when ranking Detroit's prospects. Bahaha

Quoting: Scott
14. Donovan Sebrango, LHD, 21 (Grand Rapids Griffins)
It has been a bit of an up-and-down year for Sebgrango. I thought he started the year strong in Grand Rapids, but when he hit a rough patch and then got caught in the numbers game, he was sent to the ECHL, it took him some time to find his presence there (he can play with a lot of presence — a hard thing to describe — when he’s playing firm and aggressive), but he found it and had an excellent January and I expect you’ll see him back in Grand Rapids before the season is done.

He’s a physical, hard-nosed defender who has driven defensive results across levels without ever being a highly productive player. There are times when his first touch isn’t the smoothest and I’d like him to make the long play instead of the rushed one under pressure, but I don’t think he needs to change his game to be effective and I get the sense he doesn’t care to (he trusts in who he is out there). He plays a step-up style. His skating and mobility has gone from below NHL average to at it. He makes consistently choices with the puck, he’s capable of stretching the ice as an outlet passer, he blocks every shot he can, I like the routes he takes, and there’s a maturity to his game that might push him into No. 6-7 role eventually, even if this year feels like a “setback.”
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 50
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,451
It’s similar to what the market was originally set. Also there were a ton of factors not in the Sens favour. It’s a solid deal from both sides. Especially if both teams addressed needs which they did.

Market was originally set...where exactly? I'm pretty sure Hawks fans were screaming bloody murder when the original Cat return was announced - hell there were guys that said Cat negotiations started with Holtz+2nd overall back when his name first appeared in the rumors.

I would never call a 40 point pending UFA winger for a 70-point winger that's now inked on a multi-year contract a fair deal, unless there's a pick included that's almost guaranteed to be a top 5 one - and with the conditions in place it's almost guaranteed to not be that.

I agree that there were multiple factors that did not work well for Dorion, but imo he played his hand terribly here. The only thing that addressed Ottawa's needs here is the $5M of cap difference between Kubalik and DeBrincat, and with respect to both players, at their best I think the value difference is more than that. The stage where Ottawa is in rn...they don't need futures, they need to get better.

Whatever they do with that pick will impact very much on what happens next for them. Safe to say, the benefits of the earlier steal they made a year ago have vanished into thin air - and not just in part because they could've f*cking signed Kubalik as UFA a year ago, after CHI didn't qualify him lmao.
drewjenkins a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 51
Mentions "j'aime": 2,509
Quoting: Random2152
Oh no. The ****ty takes who called everyone else stupid got exposed for being ****ty. Wont someone think of the children.

I think you're just scared it'll happen to you

yeah, i would assume you would think something like that
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 56
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 335
Quoting: BCAPP
It's a terrible deal for the sens but good job Yzerman. They traded a guy who from 20-25 has scored more points and more goals than anyone in the entire red wings organization (total or per game) over the same time period for a later first, a meh prospect, and a middle six winger without term. Wow

Have to argue that value wise it’s not much less than what the sens gave up to get cat. 1st in a weak draft is going to be worth only a little less than the 1st the sens receive. 4th+sebrango+Kubalik easily equals a 2nd and 3rd
Allan13, sarwahyper et swinny a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 57
I’m A Mew
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 9
I think it’s somewhat fair, but I think Detroit got more value overall. DeBrincat is a superstar player. All they had to give up for him was a first rounder, which is very likely going to be 20th or later overall. Then a top six forward, a forth rounder, and a mid end prospect. Not to mention the fact that DeBrincat is likely going to be willing to take slightly less money that he would for any other team, as well as him being a perfect fit for Detroit.
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 58
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
About time they just did it. Hope you Detroit fans are happy
9 juill. 2023 à 20 h 59
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 2,373
Not giving up Berggren or veleno was big, hate to see kubby go. But they have enough to convince kane. Not saying it is going to happen but.... if you can convince him now that Cat is here. He wouldn't cost as much as people think.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kane take the year off then reassess. He got the same hip surgery as Backstrom that washed his whole year as he wasn’t effective when he returned mid season.
9 juill. 2023 à 21 h 22
Jimmy Stu
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 541
Quoting: CoraStorm
Salvage a disaster. The problem existed when you traded, got him, and didn't want to make him key component - you gave monies to Giroux and Stutzle. Shame on you. You want me to be happy because your division competitors dictate whether you can have Boston's 25 first round pick or Detroit's 2024 and your competitor who's trying for the same playoff spots get to decide.??? What a Joke.

I couldn't imagine a more off point analysis. Didn't want to make him a key component? He was top 6, 1st pp. Have you seen Stutzle play? Yes you pay your #1 C first and if your hometown(ish) star veteran wants to come play for you, you make it happen. Debrincat simply didn't want to be in Ottawa or Canada for that matter, that's why it didn't happen.

And actually having a pick within our division is great imo, the more the sens beat them the better the pick is.
sarwahyper a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 21 h 23
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Good deal for the wings reasonable contract that don’t give up too much only the one first round pick

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage