SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #12: Judgement Day Approaches

27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Quoting: McGruff
Spinning carousel of in-out-of-BOS-lineup on D is planned...

Would have thought they would have the third pair be Gryz-Forbort
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 56
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,702
Quoting: aadoyle
Would have thought they would have the third pair be Gryz-Forbort

Their going to platoon/rotate the group.
Not sure of exact plan but likely a different #5 thru #8 each night so no one rots in the pressbox...popcorn
zk97 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 23 h 16
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Beavuillier is kind of crazy
capsfan2121, Sharkie69 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 23 h 22
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Challenges in OT don’t come from the bench. They come from Toronto. When are the majority of broadcasters, DAL in this case, gonna learn this rule.
27 févr. 2023 à 23 h 23
Ex Nucks fan
The Dallas Stars are frauds. No excuse for losing against the Abbotsford Canucks
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 23 h 23
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Oilers didn't to bad against Boston they stuck around for the most part that this honestly the prefect game (beside a dominate win) they could have had today because maybe just maybe Holland come away from this game with the message that the Oilers are close but need more to realistically go for the cup. But who am I kidding he was probably to busy day dreaming about Nick Bjugstad and/or some random bottom pair dman
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 23 h 31
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,702
Modifié 27 févr. 2023 à 23 h 41
Quoting: oilersguy
Oilers didn't to bad against Boston they stuck around for the most part that this honestly the prefect game (beside a dominate win) they could have had today because maybe just maybe Holland come away from this game with the message that the Oilers are close but need more to realistically go for the cup. But who am I kidding he was probably to busy day dreaming about Nick Bjugstad and/or some random bottom pair dman

Holland's got an Orlov-Hathaway trade from WASH in the hopper once he figures out how to get his fax machine working.
Edmonton Oilers
28 févr. 2023 à 0 h 3
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

This might be the worst NHL roster I have ever seen

justaBoss, Saskleaf, BigBallsBriere and 6 others a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 0 h 51
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,800
Quoting: McGruff
Spinning carousel of in-out-of-BOS-lineup on D is planned...

Leafs are doing the same thing. I don't know why it isn't done more often. Playing six Dman for let's say six weeks, then an injury happens, and expecting the 7th guy to be NHL good when he has step in. Of course the Bruins are in an enviable situation where they rest players and still maintain their playoff spot.
McGruff a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 1 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Quoting: MatthewsFan

And Athinosesu and Domi might be gone by TDL

#FireBettman lul
28 févr. 2023 à 3 h 32
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027

zk97 et pinslack a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 6 h 18
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,602
Modifié 28 févr. 2023 à 6 h 26
Quoting: aadoyle
Kind of surprised Matt Grzelcyk is a healthy scratch over Clifton

Gonna need to keep an eye on that

I don't think he's been the same player this year from what I've heard, and his numbers have taken a slight dip
28 févr. 2023 à 8 h 10
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Who do you think gets traded today
Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 8 h 19
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403
Quoting: MatthewsFan

If I’m Domi, Athanasiou, Seth Jones or Murphy, im getting the f*ck out of Chicago
zk97, capsfan2121, MatthewsFan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 9 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 484
Sensing a day without trades. I hope I’m wrong.

Lotsa good games tonight.

OTT-Det smack down round 2 perhaps.

Battle of florida

Kings Jets / Islanders Wild

Nashville is interesting as Seattle has only won 3 of its last 10 and Nashville has games at hand. They could legit catch up. So the PIT NSH and BOS CGY are both wildcard kinda.

And then hopefully my Blues lose and we creep closer to Bedard/Carlsson. (I’d be so happy with Carlsson)
Sharkie69 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 10 h 23
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192

nhl big mad about teams finding ways to circumvent their ****ty cap
pinslack, CantStopWontStop, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 10 h 23
Ex Nucks fan
tfw-you-forgot-you-were-supposed-to-be-tanking-v0-qqy3oofadvka1.png?s=bd50646d2569af598e0e0464f9d0148a07305fff

When you’re a point per game but realize that you were supposed to be the cap dump in the trade
pinslack, CantStopWontStop, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 10 h 49
I wonder if Gavrikov will file a grievance against the Blue Jackets, and what potentially could come from it. I feel he should. The teams were stupid to use the specific term “trade related reasons”. They could have just said healthy scratch. They doomed themselves maybe.

He hasn’t played since Feb 11, apparently wants to, as he is a UFA at season’s end.

If he’s cleared to play on all accounts, sitting him for weeks due to wanting to trade him directly harms his paycheck, as whether he is traded or not, he not only missed a handful of games, but also may not be in perfect physical conditioning to compete the first game or two he is back.

If tanking is not encouraged, what’s stopping every bad team from simply sitting good players for up to a month around this time of the year? Why wouldn’t this slippery slope continue to grow if it isn’t stopped?

Id suggest take Arizona and Columbus’ lottery away. They can pick 4 and 5. Both sat high quality players entirely too long. The league has been ruthless in the past, such as the cap recapture situation.

It’s one thing to sit a guy for a game because a deal is being finalized. It’s another to simultaneously tank your team and harm a players ability to perform.

I’m happy the Blues played every one of their guys until the time of the trade, and had multiple team meetings after losses, and players and coaches raging out. Atleast my team is competitive, even if they are sucking.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 11 h 5
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,650
Quoting: A2023tdlGuesses
I wonder if Gavrikov will file a grievance against the Blue Jackets, and what potentially could come from it. I feel he should.
(...)
He hasn’t played since Feb 11, apparently wants to, as he is a UFA at season’s end.

If he’s cleared to play on all accounts, sitting him for weeks due to wanting to trade him directly harms his paycheck, as whether he is traded or not, he not only missed a handful of games, but also may not be in perfect physical conditioning to compete the first game or two he is back.
(...)
It’s one thing to sit a guy for a game because a deal is being finalized. It’s another to simultaneously tank your team and harm a players ability to perform.

Very valid concern, well put. This has to be a subject for the next GM meeting.
28 févr. 2023 à 11 h 12
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: mondo

So NOW they have an issue with LTIR until the playoffs.

Quoting: A2023tdlGuesses
I wonder if Gavrikov will file a grievance against the Blue Jackets, and what potentially could come from it. I feel he should. The teams were stupid to use the specific term “trade related reasons”. They could have just said healthy scratch. They doomed themselves maybe.

If tanking is not encouraged, what’s stopping every bad team from simply sitting good players for up to a month around this time of the year? Why wouldn’t this slippery slope continue to grow if it isn’t stopped?

Id suggest take Arizona and Columbus’ lottery away. They can pick 4 and 5. Both sat high quality players entirely too long. The league has been ruthless in the past, such as the cap recapture situation.

I’m happy the Blues played every one of their guys until the time of the trade, and had multiple team meetings after losses, and players and coaches raging out. Atleast my team is competitive, even if they are sucking.

Then there's this.

Just admit it. The league is broken.
Seeding. LTIR. Tanking. Refereeing.
CantStopWontStop et zk97 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 11 h 13
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455

Meanwhile Bettman's lovechild has more money on LTIR as a means of reaching the floor than they're paying their actual blueline...
28 févr. 2023 à 11 h 38
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Meanwhile Bettman's lovechild has more money on LTIR as a means of reaching the floor than they're paying their actual blueline...

Arizona has no one on LTIR specifically because they wouldn't hit the floor otherwise but i got what you're saying
Tintin, Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 11 h 39

That's not how i see it, i see it as "make sure the player you're acquiring won't come back before the playoffs"
28 févr. 2023 à 11 h 46
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That's not how i see it, i see it as "make sure the player you're acquiring won't come back before the playoffs"

How is this supposed to work? What do they mean by scrutinize. It is either legal or its not... Wtf is in between?
Tintin a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 11 h 49

I bet these players aren’t happy about this. Nyqvist is 33, pending UFA, Henrique is 32, 1 year from ufa, Monahan 28, pending UFA, and any others similar. A solid playoff run can mean $.

I do feel for pro athletes because it’s like…most of us pick where to work and when to quit/retire. These dudes have to wait until they’re 27 to have a choice where they play and they’re forced retired mid thirties in many cases. Of course they get bags of money, but some of them may never sign a decent contract, or have to deal with stuff like this when they were injured on the job.

All that being said, if a player is medically cleared they should be taken off LTIR. LTIR should never be used to beat the cap.

While that is the case, many injuries - such as muscular skeletal are basically the words of one person to another. A back injury is pretty hard to prove. So there will probably always be shenanigans if the player and team are on the same page. I’d consider most humans are dishonest by nature when in ultra competitive states. The whole win at all costs mentality is real unfortunately (or fortunately, perhaps that’s why the species exists today)

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage