SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #2: Electric Boogaloo

4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 35
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Kuzy was able to thrive in Trotzs system. Why couldn’t Barzal.

I think I can answer my own question and say the guys around him.
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 35
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Db1899

If he has a monster season then it is possible
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 36
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: capsfan2121

Kuznetsov wasn't playing with Josh Bailey
Db1899 et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 41
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,742
Quoting: capsfan2121

Both parts in my opinion. Kuzy had the advantage of playing with Ovechkin, but Kuzy just fit what Trotz wanted more. It almost felt like him forcing himself to be less creative and mold into a certain type that worked more with Trotz. Barzal didn't fit that "don't be creative, just do exactly what I tell you" as much in my opinion, which fair to him as he had far more to offer than what Trotz wanted. (also might be part of the reason Kuzy struggled under Reirden, Reirden tried to be Trotz-lite without understanding how it worked)
Db1899, capsfan2121 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 42
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Both parts in my opinion. Kuzy had the advantage of playing with Ovechkin, but Kuzy just fit what Trotz wanted more. It almost felt like him forcing himself to be less creative and mold into a certain type that worked more with Trotz. Barzal didn't fit that "don't be creative, just do exactly what I tell you" as much in my opinion, which fair to him as he had far more to offer than what Trotz wanted. (also might be part of the reason Kuzy struggled under Reirden, Reirden tried to be Trotz-lite without understanding how it worked)

Trotz didn’t allow Barzal to make reads, you can’t do that to a player who can make high IQ plays at top speed
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,950
So Toronto is looking to move a surplus forward (so one of Engvall or Kerfoot) in a deal for a Dman whose already passed through waivers. This mainly to make some room for ZAR (they could do it another way but thats the most simplistic)

And man I hate doing this to the Giraffe but honestly with what I have seen and through doing the maths if they move Engvall they can sign ZAR, keep Kerfoot and Holl, and have a 21 man team. Now it also means waiving Simmonds which im not a huge fan of but ZAR to me has earned a spot and we need to make the 4th line of ZAR-Kampf-Kubel happen its potential is just to good to pass up on
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 53
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: aadoyle
So Toronto is looking to move a surplus forward (so one of Engvall or Kerfoot) in a deal for a Dman whose already passed through waivers to get ZAR signed

And man I hate doing this to the Giraffe but honestly with what I have seen and through doing the maths if they move Engvall they can sign ZAR, keep Holl, and have a 21 man team. Now it also means waiving Simmonds which im not a huge fan of but ZAR to me has earned a spot and we need to make the 4th line of ZAR-Kampf-Kubel happen its to good

IMO they are talking about the Anderson, Simmonds, Malgins, not necessarily Kefoot or Engvall (but maybe)

Frederic Allard (LAK) or Austin Strand (ANA) fit the bill IMO
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 55
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828

(Eklund, Bordeleau, Viel healthy scratched)

If Nieto survives past 10 games I'm going to blow my brains out.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,950
Quoting: MatthewsFan
IMO they are talking about the Anderson, Simmonds, Malgins, not necessarily Kefoot or Engvall (but maybe)

Frederic Allard (LAK) or Austin Strand (ANA) fit the bill IMO

I'm starting to think its Engvall as the Leafs have looked good in preseason without him and of the newbies/returnees Malgin, Holmberg, and Robertson have stood out. Simmonds is a guy who yes is past his prime but does the stuff you want in a 4th liner and in certain situations we need him to teach someone a lesson

I think Robertson makes it along with Malgin while Holmberg is a callup. Simmonds going to the marlies or press box is dependent on whose moved

As even if he goes we would have

ZAR (if signed), Kampf, Marner, Jarnkrok, Kerfoot, Robertson, and I dont know why he PK over Matthews...Nylander

But yeah would also explore a Anderson for depth Dman trade

As even without him they could do

Bunts-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-JT-Nylander
Robertson-Jarnkrok-Malgin
ZAR-Kampf-Kubel

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Liligren
Gio-Sandin

Extra: Holl
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 9
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
I'm starting to think its Engvall as the Leafs have looked good in preseason without him and of the newbies/returnees Malgin, Holmberg, and Robertson have stood out. Simmonds is a guy who yes is past his prime but does the stuff you want in a 4th liner and in certain situations we need him to teach someone a lesson

I think Robertson makes it along with Malgin while Holmberg is a callup. Simmonds going to the marlies or press box is dependent on whose moved

As even if he goes we would have

ZAR (if signed), Kampf, Marner, Jarnkrok, Kerfoot, Robertson, and I dont know why he PK over Matthews...Nylander

But yeah would also explore a Anderson for depth Dman trade

As even without him they could do

Bunts-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-JT-Nylander
Robertson-Jarnkrok-Malgin
ZAR-Kampf-Kubel

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Liligren
Gio-Sandin

Extra: Holl

No question all of Robertson, Steeves, Holmberg, Malgin, have looked great in the PRESEASON but still can't take for granted what Engvall brings, his defense/transition game/PK ability IMO we are going to miss Mikheyev more than we think. I am jacked for the young guys and the potential they have as bottom six forwards, you are not wrong that moving Engvall COULD be ok, I just don't envy the decisions Dubas has to make to get this team cap compliant.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 32
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
I believe Trey Fix-Wolansky's waiver window closed earlier today.

Nobody claimed him.

The Short Prince is still a Blue Jacket. This calls for celebration.
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 36
EklundCelebriniSmith

MatthewsFan et Remus a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 48
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271

4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 50
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

Can't believe Nick Beaudin is on waivers. Think he's a future Canadien
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 51
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: yikes
Barzals contract should be making Grier sweat. Meier is looooooooooooooming.
I'd say it's pretty bold to think Meier isn't better than Barzal.

Not arguing Barzal isn't worth his BRAND NEW contract, I am a huge Barzal fan but your eyes are drooling $$$$$ as Timo's agent.

Wingers get paid less though. High end wingers generally make a number that starts with a 9, with the exception of Marner (overpay) and Panarin (UFA). A high-end RFA winger is gonna make 9. See Kucherov, Rantanen, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, etc. I don’t think he’ll get more than Tkachuk unless he has like 110 points this year or something, so somewhere in the 8.5-9.5 range (UFA Forsberg to RFA Tkachuk).
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 53
So Toronto is looking to move a surplus forward (so one of Engvall or Kerfoot) in a deal for a Dman whose already passed through waivers. This mainly to make some room for ZAR (they could do it another way but thats the most simplistic)

And man I hate doing this to the Giraffe but honestly with what I have seen and through doing the maths if they move Engvall they can sign ZAR, keep Kerfoot and Holl, and have a 21 man team. Now it also means waiving Simmonds which im not a huge fan of but ZAR to me has earned a spot and we need to make the 4th line of ZAR-Kampf-Kubel happen its potential is just to good to pass up on

You can have Dillon Heatherington for Kerfoot smile
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 54
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,381
Same with Meier now.. I mean Matthew Tkachuk is 9.5 but Meiers going to argue hes worth more than 9.15/ Barzal.

Hard to argue you're better than Tkachuk as Meier or Petey but not hard to argue being worth more/ equal to Barzal.

I’d maybe pay Meier around 8mil right now, 9 is really stretching it, he puts up another point per game season though, he’s getting a big payday
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 56
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Can't believe Nick Beaudin is on waivers. Think he's a future Canadien

I could definitely see us claim Beaudin
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 15 h 4
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Quoting: Alfie11
You can have Dillon Heatherington for Kerfoot smile

blue jackets legend

i'd take that any day if i was Kyle Dubas
4 oct. 2022 à 16 h 24
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: mondo
yeah the summary of this hearing isn't really changing my opinion on why this organization should be scorched top to bottom.

They have to create a new word for the utter lack of intelligence displayed here.
Alfie11, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 16 h 42

They have to create a new word for the utter lack of intelligence displayed here.

Every time I go play hockey I always call Andrea Skinner and ask if she can turn the lights on for me
zk97, yikes et BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 16 h 46
Tweet embed isn't working but "Nick Kypreos on SN590 re the state of the Arizona Coyotes arena: "There are some real rumblings about the boys not being happy down there. Like really upsetting... Even worse (than they were expecting)" "
oilersguy, zk97, aadoyle and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 16 h 53
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Tweet embed isn't working but "Nick Kypreos on SN590 re the state of the Arizona Coyotes arena: "There are some real rumblings about the boys not being happy down there. Like really upsetting... Even worse (than they were expecting)" "

Chychrun to Ottawa confirmed????
yikes a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2022 à 17 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,352
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Is NJD actually going to waive him? After losing Studenic for nothing I would be surprised to see him go to. But yes, there is some nice potential there.

Agreed, Leafs need some depth D options

Would be big surprise if Zetterlund hit waiver wire. While we do have to move one guy out, it will likely be Andreas Johnsson or Jesper Boqvist. But Hischier may start year on IR, so that decision could be delayed.

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Definitely some similarities there.

Zetterlund is bigger, stronger, not as skilled or as steep in Hockey IQ as Coleman.

Quoting: Db1899
Devils have Siegenthaler, graves, and Bahl on the left side. Zetterlund would be a great fit on PItt , he would score 25+ with Crosby or Malkin

Okhotiuk may be above Bahl in depth chart now. Walsh can also play LD.
4 oct. 2022 à 17 h 11
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,352
Barzals contract should be making Grier sweat. Meier is looooooooooooooming.
I'd say it's pretty bold to think Meier isn't better than Barzal.

Not arguing Barzal isn't worth his BRAND NEW contract, I am a huge Barzal fan but your eyes are drooling $$$$$ as Timo's agent.

Same with Meier now.. I mean Matthew Tkachuk is 9.5 but Meiers going to argue hes worth more than 9.15/ Barzal.

Hard to argue you're better than Tkachuk as Meier or Petey but not hard to argue being worth more/ equal to Barzal.

Would Barzal be the right comp for Meier, though? Centers and wingers seem to be priced differently. My guess is Meier gets somewhere between Fiala and Boeser deals.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage