Avatar

yikes

Eklund-Bords-Goosh
Membre depuis
24 sept. 2019
Équipe favorite
Sharks de San Jose
Messages dans les forums
9345
Messages par jour
7.7
Forum: Armchair-GM21 déc. 2022 à 14 h 52
Forum: Armchair-GM21 déc. 2022 à 14 h 46
Forum: Armchair-GM21 déc. 2022 à 14 h 40
Forum: Armchair-GM21 déc. 2022 à 14 h 37
Forum: NHL22 nov. 2022 à 23 h 11
Forum: NHL22 nov. 2022 à 0 h 26
Forum: NHL18 nov. 2022 à 7 h 16
Forum: NHL16 nov. 2022 à 19 h 23
Forum: NHL16 nov. 2022 à 18 h 45
Forum: NHL16 nov. 2022 à 18 h 25
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>aadoyle</b></div><div>Its gonna be interesting to see where EK ends up

While he is producting there are some problems we need to acknowledge

1. Injury History

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/erik-karlsson-player-injuries

2. Cap hit

Is San Jose really willing to retain 50% for 4.5 years as no competitors will go yeah we will take the entire cap hit.

3. Age

How many good years is said team getting before he becomes an issue or anchor</div></div>

I’d say SJS eats it down to 9.5 (2mil) and gets help 1-2 more for a 7.5 to 8.5 mil cap hit. I’d be shocked if Grier doesn’t get an A level prospect at that point. His previous moves were clearly base setting and making an impact.

You can’t trade Karlsson, with dead cap plus Burns’ dead cap and accept someone like Denisenko and a 2nd. If he does the Sharks are doomed to start a new rebuild in 2025 when he’s fired.

I doubt Karlsson is actually traded because you can only move him (just set the Sharks record for points to start a season passing Nolan), for a “SELL WHILE HIGH” value. Which is going to require a lot of moving party’s to go in SJS favour.

I standby this LOUDLY; If you’re trading him you’re doing it to be a trade you want on the top of your resume. You’re not trading Karlsson just because Floridas giving you a late pick and a 4th liner. You can just keep him lmao?

I honestly believe there’s a 30% chance Karlsson doesn’t make it to 35, with m a 70% chance he makes it to 35 still putting up over 60 points/ 82 game pace. Doubtful he consistently clears 82RGames; but not many players do. I’d say if he can play 50-60 regular games plus the playoffs after very you’re happy (kinda like Kawhi).
Forum: Armchair-GM16 nov. 2022 à 18 h 20
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>CD282</b></div><div>You're asking for

Xavier Bourgault (1st rounder)
Philip Broberg (1st rounder)
AND CARTER (Savoie) maybe?
2023 first (conditional on EDM passing the first round?)
Tyson Barrie (50 point RHD) or Cody Ceci (Edmonton's 1st pairing RHD)

for an injury prone 32 year old Karlsson with 5 years left at $7M (?) just because he's on a 15-game heater.

If you can't see how ridiculous that is then there's nothing I can say that will change anything for you.

Have a great day.</div></div>

<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>oilersguy</b></div><div>I agree that what you posted is A LOT for Karlsson but the package I proposed is something that I would give up in a heart beat for Karlsson</div></div>

Read what I said. You’re clearly being obtuse for no reason.

“It’s greedy to ask for all 3 but I’d still try it!”
“I ponder if I could ask for Savoie”
“It’s hard to gauge 7m”

It’s the fun of the idea not literal statements.

<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>CD282</b></div><div>Karlsson has never been above average defensively, he's all offense. And his offense hasn't been better than Barrie's in the past few years.

He NOT what the Oilers need. They already have 3 NHL RD on the roster, it's not a major need for the Oilers at all.</div></div>

The fact you think Barrie is an equal to Karlsson just makes me think you can’t formulate your own opinions and use JFRESH’s stat cards/ numbers for your word.

Barrie’s a great hockey player but you don’t need to use numbers with an eye test.

EDM isn’t a defensive hockey club. Why would you not want a puck mover who throughout injury can continually display elite talent. But many others follow the peer pressure of not watching Karlsson or using 3 second clips of his defensive errors; or just using a set of numbers.