SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #5 - Bedlam from the Bell Center

8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 9
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: CoopsTroops

How do you ruin Lightning fans after landing Howard?

LeBrun:

I guess that’s why they drafted Howard to replace him lol. They’ll probably sign someone to like a 2 or 3 year deal to bridge the gap for Howard and ideally not use up all their cap space so they can resign Cirelli and Sergachev next summer. Those will be some big tickets.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 10
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914
Quoting: justaBoss
In hindsight that might turn out well for them, cuz they need all the money they can muster to re-sign Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak in 2023.

They'll sign a decent mid-6 guy at one year deal.

I'm just curious what the hang-up is. Are we lowballing even in the wake of trading McDonagh (which we have plenty of cap for 23-24) or is he thinking he's going to be able to back up a semi to some teams front office and load it with cash?

At the very least he's earned the chance to test free agency. Stamkos did and stayed and I wonder if something similar happens here. Probably his last chance to cash in, so might as well see what's out there for once in your career.
zk97 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 13
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,471
Quoting: Alfie11
I guess that’s why they drafted Howard to replace him lol. They’ll probably sign someone to like a 2 or 3 year deal to bridge the gap for Howard and ideally not use up all their cap space so they can resign Cirelli and Sergachev next summer. Those will be some big tickets.

Lines for next year in Tampa - prediction

Stamkos - Point - Kucherov
Stastny - Cirelli - Hagel
Killorn - Paul - Colton
Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

Hedman - Cernak
Sergachev - Foote
Edler - Bogosian

Vasy - Elliott
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 19
Jamie Benn is BACK
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 478
Like the Stars draft. Would've preferred a RHD like Chesley in the 1st over Bichsel, who looks to be somewhere between Oleksiak and Hakanpaa, but will take it. Our prospect pool had very little in the way of defensemen and was loaded at forward (to where when I was doing ACGM's, I couldn't fit everyone into the NHL roster over a 3 year projection) so 4 defensemen may seem excessive but it was the right call. 3/4 of them are RHD, where Cecconi is the only young RHD we have outside of Heiskanen. The sleeper goalie pick was nice too. Increases the odds that between 3 of them in the system, one of them might become an NHL caliber guy behind Oettinger. The final pick of Stankoven's line mate in Kamloops was nice too.

I realize I'm a homer because the Stars are my favorite team, but I think they have a top 5 prospect pool right now. If not top 5, at least top 10 with Johnston, Stankoven, Bourque, Dellandrea, etc.
csick, EsoYeezus69 et Tintin a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,120
Modifié 8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 27
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I’m with you, I’m not a fan of this class at all. This was Wes Clark’s first draft as Head Scout now that John Lilley left for the Rangers. This is the first year under Dubas that I hated the draft selections.

I don’t mind the Moldenhauer or Lisowsky picks, but they Leaf’s have enough small offensive forwards. Just add them to Voit, Miettinen, Steeves, Kressler, Robertson.

Minten was such as reach at 38. And adding a goalie that was past over 3 times to an already crowed crease, doesn’t make sense.

I hope I can look back on this and be completely wrong and go
simpsons-hahah.gif
to myself

But this was a Hunter draft like no other

Your really comparing this to a hunter draft

Oh boy I think we got a case of crazies here

This this is no where near a hunter draft

Its pretty much on par with last years with the addition of 2 picks
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 25
Hakuna Matata

Killorn - Paul - Colton

Hedman - Cernak
Sergachev - Foote
Edler - Bogosian

Vasy - Elliott

So Giroux to Tampa could actually happen..........
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 28
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Hey Grav?🤣 Yea...idk much about him but seems like he was very spread. Some people had him 25, some 30s, saw him ranked 50th bu TheAthletic

Grav? lol. I think Odelius average rank was around 30. Hes Just the perfect modern 2nd pair D, that’s what you want in a mid-late rd pick. There are some defenseman with higher ceilings (not by much) but much lower floors.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 32
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: aadoyle
Your really comparing this to a hunter draft

Oh boy I think we got a case of the bruh moment here

This this is no where near a hunter draft

Its pretty much on par with last years

A reach on a 2nd round pick like Korshkov, a D+3y goalie, and overager Russian D+1y 🤷‍♂️Seems kinda similar to me. The only thing that’s not is the small FWDs that is very Kyle.

Again, all good to have a difference of opinion, for me they added very similar skill sets in the players drafted and if you really wanted Minten, trade back.

Really hope I’m wrong
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 32
What in tarnation
So Giroux to Tampa could actually happen..........

Doubt he's willing to sign a one year deal
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 35
Hakuna Matata
Doubt he's willing to sign a one year deal

If Tampa was willing to sign Palat 5- 6 mill x 4 years Gioux 5mill x 2 years isnt out of the question

After all he just wants to win
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 42
What in tarnation
If Tampa was willing to sign Palat 5- 6 mill x 4 years Gioux 5mill x 2 years isnt out of the question

After all he just wants to win

With the cap issues they got I'd be amazed if they signed a guy for a multi-year deal - especially at that cap.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 47
Jamie Benn is BACK

Killorn - Paul - Colton

Hedman - Cernak
Sergachev - Foote
Edler - Bogosian

Vasy - Elliott

Would kinda like to see Stastny in Dallas on a 1 year deal.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 48
What in tarnation
Quoting: kdawg32086
Would kinda like to see Stastny in Dallas on a 1 year deal.

Don't mind that either
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 51
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,437
I mean Calgary can offer him the 8th year (and thus more total dollars) as well as the opportunity to be on a team that is competitive. Nobody else can touch the combination of total money + actually being a good team. And we don’t have to convince him to like the market either, because he already likes it here. It doesn’t make a ton of sense for him to leave from his point of view imo, and I hope the Flames front office doesn’t do anything stupid to offend him, and manages to just get the deal done.

Based on reports Calgary offered him 8x9.5 and he still hasn’t taken it.

https://twitter.com/hockeydaily365/status/1542902973365362689?s=21&t=_Kijl2wFVvouEBAeBmlmDQ
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 52
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: CoopsTroops
I'm just curious what the hang-up is. Are we lowballing even in the wake of trading McDonagh (which we have plenty of cap for 23-24) or is he thinking he's going to be able to back up a semi to some teams front office and load it with cash?

At the very least he's earned the chance to test free agency. Stamkos did and stayed and I wonder if something similar happens here. Probably his last chance to cash in, so might as well see what's out there for once in your career.

Killorn - Paul - Colton

Hedman - Cernak
Sergachev - Foote
Edler - Bogosian

Vasy - Elliott

Breaking News: Johnny Gaudreau signs a 7 year contract with the Lightning
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 54
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

Devil

I like it
He gets more experience playing and living in NA and makes the jump to NJ late next season, once Luke also joins the team
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 55
Quoting: Devil
Based on reports Calgary offered him 8x9.5 and he still hasn’t taken it.

https://twitter.com/hockeydaily365/status/1542902973365362689?s=21&t=_Kijl2wFVvouEBAeBmlmDQ

Yeah but that same total money on a 7 year deal is 10.8mil AAV. So you’ve gotta both top that AND be a place he wants to go. You willing to drop 11-12mil on Gaudreau? I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the Panarin contract on the open market, because he’s better than Panarin.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 5
Jamie Benn is BACK
Don't mind that either

It sounds like they want to either sign or trade for a big name guy to play with Benn and Seguin on the 2nd line, but I think putting Benn on the checking line and having Stastny with Seguin and Gurianov would be ideal. Gives us some nice cap space next summer (although I would hope some of that goes to bringing back Pavs for one more year to chase a Cup).
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 7
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I’m with you, I’m not a fan of this class at all. This was Wes Clark’s first draft as Head Scout now that John Lilley left for the Rangers. This is the first year under Dubas that I hated the draft selections.

I don’t mind the Moldenhauer or Lisowsky picks, but they Leaf’s have enough small offensive forwards. Just add them to Voit, Miettinen, Steeves, Kressler, Robertson.

Minten was such as reach at 38. And adding a goalie that was past over 3 times to an already crowed crease, doesn’t make sense.

I hope I can look back on this and be completely wrong and go
simpsons-hahah.gif
to myself

But this was a Hunter draft like no other

The Minten pick is the only head scratcher for me. I'm completely fine with everything else.

Thrilled with Moldenhauer actually, think they got a really good value selection there. I don't really lump him in as the same type as those other guys who are much more "waterbug"-ish. Lisowsky, yes, but hell - 7th round pick who was ranked much higher that's got a wicked shot and a high motor? You're not gonna catch me complaining that he's small.

Could not care less if a goalie's been passed over - they're weird. Not gonna pretend like I know enough to say this was a great pick, but I also can't say it's a bad one. If you think you see something in the 6'6" goalie that put up a .931 at two different levels this year and want to spend a 4th on him. Fine by me.

I'm very intrigued by Grebenkin. His shot definitely needs some work, but boy howdy does he ever seem fun. Lotta raw skill there.

I don't get Hunter vibes from this at all.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 13
Jamie Benn is BACK
Yeah but that same total money on a 7 year deal is 10.8mil AAV. So you’ve gotta both top that AND be a place he wants to go. You willing to drop 11-12mil on Gaudreau? I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the Panarin contract on the open market, because he’s better than Panarin.

NJ maybe? Since the Flyers don't have cap space, that's the closest team with cap space to where he's from. The next 1-2 seasons might be rough, but in a few years, they should be legit with all of their young talent.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
The Minten pick is the only head scratcher for me. I'm completely fine with everything else.

Thrilled with Moldenhauer actually, think they got a really good value selection there. I don't really lump him in as the same type as those other guys who are much more "waterbug"-ish. Lisowsky, yes, but hell - 7th round pick who was ranked much higher that's got a wicked shot and a high motor? You're not gonna catch me complaining that he's small.

Could not care less if a goalie's been passed over - they're weird. Not gonna pretend like I know enough to say this was a great pick, but I also can't say it's a bad one. If you think you see something in the 6'6" goalie that put up a .931 at two different levels this year and want to spend a 4th on him. Fine by me.

I'm very intrigued by Grebenkin. His shot definitely needs some work, but boy howdy does he ever seem fun. Lotta raw skill there.

I don't get Hunter vibes from this at all.

Minten was confusing then I read his strengths and Im like k now I see why they picked him

Strengths

Two-way game
Play along the boards
Penalty Killing
Net-front presence

Play along the boards and net front presence. Dont know about you but a lot of leaf fans been asking for more guys that can do that. And I know Knies is one but why have one when you can have two with the other being a center

Only issues are FOW% and entries which are simple fixes

Like I talked with 3 scouts and they said hes a pretty safe pick if your looking for a defensively minded bottom 6 guy with some scoring upside.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 16
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,415
I think Tampa got a steal in Lucas Edmonds, he’s absolutely gonna ball out in the Tampa system
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 23
Minten was confusing then I read his strengths and Im like k now I see why they picked him

Strengths

Two-way game
Play along the boards
Penalty Killing
Net-front presence

Play along the boards and net front presence. Dont know about you but a lot of leaf fans been asking for more guys that can do that. And I know Knies is one but why have one when you can have two with the other being a center

Only issues are FOW% and entries which are simple fixes

Like I talked with 3 scouts and they said hes a pretty safe pick if your looking for a defensively minded bottom 6 guy with some scoring upside.

Yeah but LDBB is literally the same thing (also a 2-way centre) but better offensively, so more likely to be a 3C than a 4C. And there are several other centres between LDBB and Minten imo at varying levels of 2-way play (Goyette, Greene, Hughes, etc.). Minten was a reach.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 38
Yeah but LDBB is literally the same thing (also a 2-way centre) but better offensively, so more likely to be a 3C than a 4C. And there are several other centres between LDBB and Minten imo at varying levels of 2-way play (Goyette, Greene, Hughes, etc.). Minten was a reach.

LDBBs issues made his risk level slightly more higher which was probably why the Leafs were eying someone whose issues were easier to work on

Skating (breakaway speed)
Size and physicality

As basically Minten is a 2/5 for risk while Belluz was a 3.5/5 last time I checked. Both had a 4/5 reward factor

And the good news for Minten we got a FO coach in Malhotra who can help him whenever he gets the chance

Also I think Minten was drafted to be a 3 or 4c and it makes sense as if Leafs get Strome and extend Matthews there really isnt a 2c spot for a while. Or there could be better options in 2023
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 47
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: Zuki9797
9.5 is an overkill, especially for 7 years. think like 6.1x1 would be good if the team in question wanted to yoink him from DAL and then sign him to a cheaper extension (5.1x6?)

That’s an easy match though, I’ve done Dallas AGM’s with him signed to that.

If any team wants him, it’ll have to be the 4 first’s one.
kdawg32086, Hurricanes_WPG et zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage