Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #5 - Bedlam from the Bell Center

8 juill. 2022 à 0 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,086
Quoting: Db1899
tears of joy

There was a 23 year old 6'6 monster sitting in Vegas that could be got for less due to the cap issues of Vegas
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 0 h 37
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105
Quoting: aadoyle
There was a 23 year old 6'6 monster sitting in Vegas that could be got for less due to the cap issues of Vegas

I’m not sure he would cost less, prices for big defenseman are insane.
8 juill. 2022 à 0 h 38
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Hi Guys
What the absolute F*CK was that SH*TSHOW

More analysis
Coming up later
DirtyDangle et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 0 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,086
I’m not sure he would cost less, prices for big defenseman are insane.

Yeah but Vegas got no cap space so no leverage to ask for a tonne
8 juill. 2022 à 1 h 1
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Modifié 8 juill. 2022 à 1 h 14
You know that draft started hectic af, what with Wright slipping to 4 and then the double Habs trade bombshell acquisition of Dach (don’t lie, every single one of you thought Bettman was gonna say 13+26+something else to Seattle for 4 and get both Wright and Slafkovsky lol), but it settled down after that. I feel like everyone pretty much went well within their range outside of that.

The biggest Day 1 snub was Ryan Chesley, who will likely go very early tomorrow, resulting in a slide of only a few picks (I ranked him around mid-20s but had him as a riser in my mock, turns out he’s a faller). The biggest Day 1 surprise was Filip Bystedt, who I thought would be one of the first guys off the board tomorrow anyway. I know a lot of people had Conor Geekie way later and Brad Lambert way earlier, but I wasn’t too surprised by where they ended up. 6’3” centres with skill are coveted, even if they have skating issues, and teams always get concerned with guys that take nights off and request trades in junior, even if they are super fast and highly skilled. I find it kind of ironic that the guy who requested a trade this year got selected by Winnipeg though lol. Guys like Sam Rinzel and Maveric Lamoureux maybe weren’t 1st rounders on talent, but gigantic RHD that can skate are coveted regardless of how good they are at moving the puck so it’s not overly surprising that they both ended up going in the late 1st (I was certain at least one of them would).

I’d say the biggest reach for me was probably Rutger McGroarty and the biggest fall was probably Jiri Kulich, as I had both projected around the 20 mark (Kulich a little higher because he’s a better skater and can play centre).

For me the most interesting storylines tomorrow are gonna be the following:
- Where do the goalies go? The Coyotes and Kraken both have plenty of picks and a need for young goalies in the pipeline, so they seem like candidates to reach for Topias Leinonen and Tyler Brennan potentially in the 2nd, even though both are only 3rd rounders on merit. The 3rd and 4th goalies off the board will also be very interesting. I would take Mason Beaupit and Hugo Havelid personally, but we’ll see what happens.
- Who is the biggest steal of the draft? My money is on one of the Russians (like Gleb Trikozov or Viktor Neuchev) or Vinzenz Rohrer.
- Who do Toronto, Calgary, and Ottawa (the 3 Canadian teams without a 1st) select with their first picks tomorrow? My money would be on Toronto taking a centre (LDBB, Beck, Hughes, or BMB), and Ottawa and Calgary both trying to get a RHD (Warren, Kyrou, M. Havelid, Nelson).
- What trades go down? We heard some big names on the block, and DeBrincat and Dach both went today, following Fiala a few days ago. I’m personally pulling for Ottawa to acquire Weegar. It would also be interesting to see if Josh Anderson or JT Miller get moved, does that include a pick tomorrow? Miller likely demands prime assets, so maybe we see a 2023 1st get dealt. Idk how tf GMs value Anderson, I’d value him at the level of picks that are on the table tomorrow, but if Kent Hughes somehow gets a 2023 1st for him that would be crazy.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Jagger Firkus at any point past 50 is a huge steal, and Jordan Dumais is probably already a steal tbh lmao
DucharmetheDOMinator, MatthewsFan, NoVaSpartan and 5 others a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 1 h 18
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: Alfie11
You know that draft started hectic af, what with Wright slipping to 4 and then the double Habs trade bombshell acquisition of Dach (don’t lie, every single one of you thought Bettman was gonna say 13+26+something else to Seattle for 4 and get both Wright and Slafkovsky lol), but it settled down after that. I feel like everyone pretty much went well within their range outside of that.

The biggest Day 1 snub was Ryan Chesley, who will likely go very early tomorrow, resulting in a slide of only a few picks (I ranked him around mid-20s but had him as a riser in my mock, turns out he’s a faller). The biggest Day 1 surprise was Filip Bystedt, who I thought would be one of the first guys off the board tomorrow anyway. I know a lot of people had Conor Geekie way later and Brad Lambert way earlier, but I wasn’t too surprised by where they ended up. 6’3” centres with skill are coveted, even if they have skating issues, and teams always get concerned with guys that take nights off and request trades in junior, even if they are super fast and highly skilled. I find it kind of ironic that the guy who requested a trade this year got selected by Winnipeg though lol. Guys like Sam Rinzel and Maveric Lamoureux maybe weren’t 1st rounders on talent, but gigantic RHD that can skate are coveted regardless of how good they are at moving the puck so it’s not overly surprising that they both ended up going in the late 1st (I was certain at least one of them would).

I’d say the biggest reach for me was probably Rutger McGroarty and the biggest fall was probably Jiri Kulich, as I had both projected around the 20 mark (Kulich a little higher because he’s a better skater and can play centre).

For me the most interesting storylines tomorrow are gonna be the following:
- Where do the goalies go? The Coyotes and Kraken both have plenty of picks and a need for young goalies in the pipeline, so they seem like candidates to reach for Topias Leinonen and Tyler Brennan potentially in the 2nd, even though both are only 3rd rounders on merit. The 3rd and 4th goalies off the board will also be very interesting. I would take Mason Beaupit and Hugo Havelid personally, but we’ll see what happens.
- Who is the biggest steal of the draft? My money is on one of the Russians (like Gleb Trikozov or Viktor Neuchev) or Vinzenz Rohrer.
- Who do Toronto, Calgary, and Ottawa (the 3 Canadian teams without a 1st) select with their first picks tomorrow? My money would be on Toronto taking a centre (LDBB, Beck, Hughes, or BMB), and Ottawa and Calgary both trying to get a RHD (Warren, Kyrou, M. Havelid, Nelson).
- What trades go down? We heard some big names on the block, and DeBrincat and Dach both went today, following Fiala a few days ago. I’m personally pulling for Ottawa to acquire Weegar. It would also be interesting to see if Josh Anderson or JT Miller get moved, does that include a pick tomorrow? Miller likely demands prime assets, so maybe we see a 2023 1st get dealt. Idk how tf GMs value Anderson, I’d value him at the level of picks that are on the table tomorrow, but if Kent Hughes somehow gets a 2023 1st for him that would be crazy.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Jagger Firkus at any point past 50 is a huge steal, and Jordan Dumais is probably already a steal tbh lmao

I’ll say Beck for the Leafs but wound not surprise me at all to see him trade back again (like he did 2020 to move down in the 2nd and pick up a 3rd)
8 juill. 2022 à 1 h 36
v5 Minnesota GM
can someone tell me what Romanovs ceiling is. He hasn't looked anything special in the games Ive watched him

He's at best gonna be a #3D who plays Pk, and is physical, and good defensively, and will put in all the effort, with a pinch of offense
Don't think he'll improve much imo
He's like a Sanheim
8 juill. 2022 à 1 h 49
v5 Minnesota GM
Yeah Lou and leaked trades were often a bad mix next to his hatred of beards

Romy's gorgeous locks will have to be shaved because of that stupid rule
I'm crying rn
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 2 h 28
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: justaBoss
I think everyone tonight is a winner for not trading their first rounders for Josh Anderson

Boooooo
Losers
And Edmonton are the biggest losers nit acquiring Jake Allen today ffs
BeterChiarelli et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 2 h 45
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Boooooo
Losers
And Edmonton are the biggest losers nit acquiring Jake Allen today ffs

Oh no, Edmonton must be so disappointed they didn’t overpay to get a mediocre and inconsistent fringe starter when free agency and player development exist, the horror…
justaBoss, Tintin, Rangsey and 3 others a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 2 h 50
Craig Laughlin Fan
Went and researched this

Miro and Ovie are buddies and Ovie apparently mentored him

Going to be a optimistic couple of years if Ovi can continue to mold Miro into the mini-Ovi for years to come. It would be very nice to see a new Russian LW who likes to score goals.

This is going to be a home run for the Caps in a few years, and I’m glad my consistent “Miro to Washington” ramblings actually came true so I don’t look like a moron tears of joy
justaBoss et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 2 h 52
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: Alfie11

To me, I think it will be Hutson or Trikozov. I might throw Chesley in the mix as well if he continues to fall.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 5 h 14
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
congrats to the leafs for dumping mrazek. they got a good deal. not sure what chicago is doing. yikes
8 juill. 2022 à 6 h 41
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,405
So I have made a Draft day 1 post with all my thoughts on picks and trades that happened during the draft ( so Debrincat doesn’t count, etc ) Link
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 7 h 59
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,460
Based on last night, I think the 33rd overall pick is going to be Adam Sykora.

Montreal Slovakians needing assets.
Devil et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 13
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
So I have made a Draft day 1 post with all my thoughts on picks and trades that happened during the draft ( so Debrincat doesn’t count, etc ) Link

i think hughes had a good day. hughes might end up being what people thought marc bergevin was.

drafted slaf
sold really high on romanov
bought low on dach.

good day for the habs

might see him target jp today
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 35
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,844
After cooling off, untying @BeterChiarelli and I’s nooses, sending a search party for @iconichawk, and crying that @Juiceman got Lekki… I’m still depressed.

But hey csick and Alfie had some good words on Bystedt and after doing my own research I can see the project SJS wants in a player who can skate well for his size and has a shot. Basically just Cutter Gauthier; I should be happy 🥲.

I’m cheering for yah Bystedt…
csick, Devil et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 37
EklundCelebriniSmith
As for the draft - one of the best draft days - but I think Day 2 is gonna involve even more trades and more shocking moves then yesterday.

There’s plenty of work that needs to be done across the leagues team.
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 46
EklundCelebriniSmith
Shane Wright-> the new “Hughes” revenge story?

MatthewsFan, DirtyDangle, Devil and 3 others a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 52
EklundCelebriniSmith

Devil et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 54
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,460
Husso to Detroit.

Man Leafs' options keep decreasing...sounds like overpaying for Campbell is their lone option now.
yikes a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
The wings want Husso? They paid a 3rd for his UFA rights wtf

They just needed a vet to back up Ned until Cossa is ready
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 58
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,503

I don't like it. One-year wonder imo
csick et Devil a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 59
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,299
Quoting: justaBoss
Husso to Detroit.

Man Leafs' options keep decreasing...sounds like overpaying for Campbell is their lone option now.

Overpaying for Campbell or overpaying for Kuemper....

Either that or they trade picks/prospects from their very shallow prospect pool
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 59
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,177
Quoting: SevenLeg

I don't like it. One-year wonder imo

Holy overpay. But they have the cap space so whatever
Gmonwy a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options: