SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread - Round One, Fight!

2 mai 2022 à 8 h 48
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, The Final Game

Jackets lose, score doesn’t matter to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

-Whelp. Here we are. The end of the road. It's been a long season, with a lot of ups and downs, but we made it. We survived. Let's go.

-WHELP. Angry Geno is score. Poor J.F. had no chance. I’m honestly surprised that this was Evgeni Malkin’s 20th goal.

-…I have no words. Who was that poke check even to? Maybe we SHOULDN’T re-sign Berube this offseason. Peter Thome is right there, sitting in our reserve list. He would play better than this.

-FOR GOD’S SAKE, I DIDN’T EVEN FINISH WRITING THE NOTE ABOVE WHEN THEY SCORED AGAIN. I’VE SEEN ENOUGH OF THIS TOMFOOLERY AND SO HAS LARS. BERUBE, GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY SIGHT.

-Casey DeSmith has looked very solid in net so far. His contract expires after the season ends, so maybe we can pick him up in FA if Tarasov isn’t ready to be our backup. You never know, maybe that hip injury messes him up a bit.

-Hey, we scored! Gabe Carlsson took the shot, but the goal was credited to Masterton Award nominee Justin Danforth. A goal’s a goal, I guess.

-Gus had a perfect scoring chance, wide open, point blank, but DeSmith commits highway robbery on him. Tough luck.

-Kris Letang just scored. I think this game is pretty much over. What a terrible way to end the season. I’m gonna go and switch over to noting the Isles game, if you don’t mind.

(insert transition to Islanders Mode here)

Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Islanders Edition

Islanders lose, 5-3 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-The Islanders had a great start. Just 32 seconds in, Noah Dobson takes a shot, and Jean-Gabriel Pageau (the most French person I’ve ever heard of) gets a deflection that gets past Vasilevskiy.

-Steven Stamkos extends his point streak with a good goal to tie the game. That was a nice looking play.

-The Isles had been assaulting Vasi in net for the entire first period (as the MSG+ commentator described it), and that continued in the second. Lots and lots of scrambles in front of the Lightning net.

-“Chief Kief” Kiefer Bellows laughs to the bank like HAHAHA, putting the puck behind Vasi ONE HANDED. That looked beautiful.

-The MSG+ announce team spent a particularly long time praising Zdeno Chara. Why, though? Man can barely skate and is only good for inflating team penalty minute numbers, there’s nothing there to praise!

-Devils Legend Zach Parise scores on the power play, off of his foot and behind a Vasilevskiy that was overcommitted to the right side.

-While the Isles games was in intermission I dropped in on the Leafs-Bruins game, and walked into the best Jack Edwards quote I’ve heard in a bit: “4-1. Book your flight to Carolina.” Man, he is MAD.

-I missed the second TBL goal because I was folding laundry. And at this same time, the Blue Jackets decided to show up, so imma go back to them.

(insert transition back to Jackets Mode here)

Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, The Final Game

Jackets lose, 5-3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

-While I was busy monitoring the games that actually mattered in terms of the playoff seeding, I missed Bjorkstrand and Nyquist scoring goals to make it 5-3 Pens.

-Jake Guentzel just catapulted himself into the crossbar, and Ollie got a roughing penalty for that? What!? What f*cking sense does that make?

-We made the loss look respectable on the scoreboard, but this is still a sour note to end the season on. I think Kivi would have held down the net a hell of a lot better than Berube did tonight. But, knowing our luck, he would have likely ended up tearing up his hip like Korpi and Tarry did before we got here.

-…aaaand it looks like the Islanders blew a 3-1 lead and the Bruins couldn’t do the thing that makes us all laugh. The playoffs are set. This Tampa Bay team seems to be sorta slow getting into the playoffs. Maybe Toronto DOES have a chance.

Ah, who am I kidding, they’re gonna blow it.
zk97, NoVaSpartan, Db1899 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 9 h 52
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983

Will be great to see him in NA. CLB has a ton of FWD’s.
Db1899, A_Habs_fan, Bobcat205 and 7 others a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 10 h 18
cautious optimism
Bobcat's Official First Round Predictions:

Florida beats Washington in 6 games (as much as i like the Caps, Florida is just too good right now).

Toronto beats Tampa in 7 games (I just want Steve Dangle to be happy, and it feels like TBL is kinda stumbling into the playoffs (losing 5-2 to Columbus and almost losing to the Isles))

Carolina beats Boston in 5 games (just a hunch. I feel like they're gonna end up scoring their way out of sticky situations.)

Pittsburgh beats New York in 6 games (Casey DeSmith for Vezina.)

Colorado sweeps Nashville (Just look at both teams. One is very clearly going to trample the other.)

St. Louis beats Minnesota in 6 games (No center depth for Minnesota bites them in the *ss. Ville Husso plays out of his mind.)

Dallas beats Calgary in 7 games (Jake Oettinger morphs into a brick wall and helps to save Dallas's hopes.)

Los Angeles beats Edmonton in 6 games (Connor McDavid turns into a pumpkin like he did in last year's playoffs.)
NoVaSpartan, justaBoss, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 10 h 30
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746
Quoting: Bobcat205

Florida beats Washington in 6 games (as much as i like the Caps, Florida is just too good right now).

Toronto beats Tampa in 7 games (I just want Steve Dangle to be happy, and it feels like TBL is kinda stumbling into the playoffs (losing 5-2 to Columbus and almost losing to the Isles))

Carolina beats Boston in 5 games (just a hunch. I feel like they're gonna end up scoring their way out of sticky situations.)

Colorado sweeps Nashville (Just look at both teams. One is very clearly going to trample the other.)

St. Louis beats Minnesota in 6 games (No center depth for Minnesota bites them in the *ss. Ville Husso plays out of his mind.)

Dallas beats Calgary in 7 games (Jake Oettinger morphs into a brick wall and helps to save Rick Bowness's job for the next 5 years)

Los Angeles beats Edmonton in 6 games (Connor McDavid turns into a pumpkin like he did in last year's playoffs.)

just need to edit one thing here wink (Eso, Justaboss, please don't kill me)
Juiceman, Bobcat205, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 10 h 39
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Quoting: Bobcat205

Dallas beats Calgary in 7 games (Jake Oettinger morphs into a brick wall and helps to save Dallas's hopes.)

cannot believe people are doubting McDavid, you'd think the best player in the world would be given the befit of the doubt
2 mai 2022 à 10 h 40
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: oilersguy

cannot believe people are doubting McDavid, you'd think the best player in the world would be given the befit of the doubt

Shouldn't come as a shock, that was the narrative around Ovi for almost 10 years, and Yzerman even longer. A good way to shed that monkey off your back is simply to win.
oilersguy, Saskleaf, justaBoss and 4 others a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 10 h 45
Mentions "j'aime": 17,407
Quoting: MatthewsFan

CBJ's wingers are soo good, Laine, Bjorkstrand, Voracek, Texier, Chinakhov, Marchenko, Johnson ( if he doesn't go back to center ), etc
2 mai 2022 à 10 h 52
cautious optimism

Juiceman, MatthewsFan, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 10 h 52
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
MitchMarner_16's Official 1st Round Predictions

- Florida over Washington in 6 (Florida's firing on all cylinders right now, however I feel like a big upset could happen here. Nevertheless, I choose the cats in 6.)

- Toronto over Tampa Bay in 6 ( Toronto seems confident, Tampa not so much. Aside from the absolute egg we laid against them the other week, we've been able to handle tampa all season. I think we break thru. Leafs in 6)

- Boston over Carolina in 7 (This is my upset. I think Boston's a sleeper this year and will stun the canes. Freddy Andersen being their playoff goalie also concerns me, I know first hand lmao)

- New York over Pittsburgh in 5 (Pittsburgh will go out quietly and humbly. Shesterkin and Fox create a wall and it's a low scoring series.)

- Colorado over Nashville in 5 (Colorado gonna lose game one being overconfident, then steamroll the last 4 games. Saros out is the nail in the coffin for Nashville.)

- Minnesota over St. Louis in 6 (Kaprizov is going to put on a stellar performance, Binnington's gonna lay an egg.)

- Calgary over Dallas in 7 (Dallas is gonna really really give the Flames a run for their money, nevertheless, game 7's gonna come down to a clutch shutout by markstrom.)

- Los Angeles over Edmonton in 6 (McDavid will be the only bright spot for this team, Drai will turn into a potato. LA gonna handle them in six. Postseason McDavid's gonna be pissed and have a heated interview after being eliminated.)
2 mai 2022 à 10 h 53
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Sure, it’s finals week for me but I will be doing absolutely no studying once the games come on. I can’t wait
Bobcat205, MitchMarner_16, Devil and 5 others a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 3
Who won the CF bracket challenge last year?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,928
Modifié 2 mai 2022 à 15 h 13
It's the most wonderful tiiiime of the year!!!!
With centres faceoffing
Defenders shot blocking
The crowds they all cheeeeerrrr!

It's the most wonderful tiiiiime of the yeeeeeaaarrr!!!

Happy Hockeydays everyone!
oilersguy, zk97, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 9
I make typos
when was the last time 2 teams that played each other in a outdoor game ended up matching up in a playoff round? (Blues and Wild)
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 11
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,460
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
just need to edit one thing here wink (Eso, Justaboss, please don't kill me)

Lmao
NoVaSpartan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 12
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,460
Quoting: oilersguy
Cannot believe people are doubting McDavid, you'd think the best player in the world would be given the befit of the doubt

That'll happen as long as McDavid actually wins something else other than Art Ross.
MitchMarner_16 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 13
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Who won the CF bracket challenge last year?

I don't remember one
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 16
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Ok predictions time

Round 1
Eastern Conference:
Florida over Washington in 5
Tampa Bay over Toronto in 7
Carolina over Boston in 6
New York over Pittsburgh in 7

Western Conference:
Colorado over Nashville in 4
Minnesota over St. Louis in 7
Calgary over Dallas in 5
Edmonton over LA in 5

Round 2
Eastern Conference:
Florida over Tampa Bay in 7
Carolina over New York 6

Western Conference:
Colorado over Minnesota in 5
Edmonton over Calgary in 7

Conference Finals
Florida over Carolina in 6
Colorado over Edmonton in 5

Stanley Cup Final
Florida over Colorado in 7
oilersguy et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 16
Quoting: justaBoss
That'll happen as long as McDavid actually wins something else other than Art Ross.

Same with matthews and marner. Nobody will remember their great seasons if the two guys turn into pylons against tampa.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 17
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Ok predictions time

Round 1
Eastern Conference:

Western Conference:
Calgary over Dallas in 5
Edmonton over LA in 5

Round 2
Eastern Conference:
Carolina over New York 6

Western Conference:

Conference Finals

Stanley Cup Final

If EDM and CGY play each other someones gonna die lmao
NoVaSpartan, oilersguy, A_Habs_fan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 22
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Ok predictions time

Round 1
Eastern Conference:

Western Conference:
Calgary over Dallas in 5
Edmonton over LA in 5

Round 2
Eastern Conference:
Carolina over New York 6

Western Conference:

Conference Finals

Stanley Cup Final

Love the rematch of 1994 in the cup finals. Would be quite the game to watch
AndrewLadd et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 23
I make typos
man I am excited for tonight, this Oilers team is so much better then the last 2 years, we didn't have Hyman or Kane or depth guys like Foegele or McLeod or Ryan and I really think adding Keith's experience will help the team. and then there is the fact unlike Tippets Oilers this team doesn't need PP to score because 5v5 has been miles better under Woodcroft and also the entire team defense improved under Woodcroft.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 24
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
CBJ's wingers are soo good, Laine, Bjorkstrand, Voracek, Texier, Chinakhov, Marchenko, Johnson ( if he doesn't go back to center ), etc

I wonder if they bring over Voronkov too. Unsure of his contract status in the KHL
csick a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 27
I make typos
I don't know how I am gonna get anything done today I am just to excited
BuFfaLOFaN, yikes et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 36
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
I wonder if they bring over Voronkov too. Unsure of his contract status in the KHL

I believe Voronkov has 1 season left under contract, so he should come over next season.
BuFfaLOFaN, Bobcat205, csick and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 11 h 37
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Why does it feel like tampa should just smash there way through the east again. If the Leafs don't stop them round 1 i think they are in the finals. FLA goaltending is 2 bad, Carolina, Boston, Pit, NYR don't really feel like they could beat tampa.

No one mentions bostons goaltending as well, is Ullmark the game stealer you need? Like is Raanta that much worst than Ullmark in the first series? Ullmark is damn good, have been saying that for a long time though.
zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage