SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread - Round One, Fight!

1 mai 2022 à 16 h 14
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Alright guys, ploffs be upon us. Discuss.

I'm going to request again that this thread not be for generalized discussion unlike the last few. The Box is right there for the taking and I'm certain that one of you has set a Discord up already. I'd like to keep the total number of threads below 10 for the playoffs lol
csick, justaBoss, Tintin and 6 others a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 19
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Hot takes:

Rittich stands on his head in round 1 and the Preds go on to beat the Avs in 6 games.

Boston over Carolina in 5
NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 24
What in tarnation
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: Db1899
Hot takes:

Rittich stands on his head in round 1 and the Preds go on to beat the Avs in 6 games.

Don't believe in Rittich at all, but I do think BOS will drop Canes in 6.
BeterChiarelli, DucharmetheDOMinator, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: justaBoss
Don't believe in Rittich at all, but I do think BOS will drop Canes in 6.

Big Save Dave likely plays himself out of the NHL this series. I'll be smashing the over button for every game the Avalanche has against him this series.
justaBoss, DucharmetheDOMinator, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 26
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Playoffs predictions:
COL vs. NSH - COL in 4
CGY vs. DAL - CGY in 5
EDM vs. LAK - EDM in 6
MIN vs. STL - STL in 7
FLA vs. WSH - FLA in 5
TOR vs. TBL - TBL in 7
CAR vs. BOS - BOS in 6
PIT vs. NYR - PIT in 7

Last series is the one I’m most unsure about. Jarry is injured and Shesterkin could totally goalie the **** out of Pittsburgh. But I think the Penguins are pretty much better in every way, and NYR can’t fall back on their PP to score every goal in the playoffs.
justaBoss et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 27
What in tarnation
Quoting: Alfie11
Playoffs predictions:
COL vs. NSH - COL in 4
CGY vs. DAL - CGY in 5
EDM vs. LAK - EDM in 6
MIN vs. STL - STL in 7
FLA vs. WSH - FLA in 5
TOR vs. TBL - TBL in 7
CAR vs. BOS - BOS in 6
PIT vs. NYR - PIT in 7

Last series is the one I’m most unsure about. Jarry is injured and Shesterkin could totally goalie the **** out of Pittsburgh. But I think the Penguins are pretty much better in every way, and NYR can’t fall back on their PP to score every goal in the playoffs.

I do think Stars will give a bigger challenge than that to CGY
csick, Alfie11 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 29
Quoting: Db1899
Hot takes:

I was torn between Bruins in 5 or 6, I just don’t think Raanta is good enough to beat a Bruins team that knows how to win in the playoffs.

I love Big Save Dave, but he has brilliant SINGLE game performances. If you’re lucky you might get 2 in 5 games, but there’s no shot he wins 3 games against the Avs, let alone 4. I also think he’s gotten worse since leaving Calgary. I think Colorado will simply take care of business, like they did against the Blues last year.
csick a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 29
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
Why can’t Carolina ever beat Boston
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 30
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I'd like to keep the total number of threads below 10 for the playoffs lol

They'll fill 10 threads with just memes tears of joy
csick, justaBoss, Devil and 4 others a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 31
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
Quoting: CoopsTroops

@esoyeezus69
CoopsTroops, justaBoss, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 32
What in tarnation
Quoting: csick
Why can’t Carolina ever beat Boston

Not enough experience / Andersen curse
csick, BeterChiarelli et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: CoopsTroops

Quoting: csick
esoyeezus69

If you guys want to start a separate thread JUST for NHL memes I would happily allow it if it meant there weren't 20 pages of absolute dogsh*t in each one of these threads.
justaBoss, csick, A_Habs_fan and 5 others a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 35
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
The Vegas Golden Knights are going to win the Stanley Cup
Juiceman et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 35
What in tarnation
If you guys want to start a separate thread JUST for NHL memes I would happily allow it if it meant there weren't 20 pages of absolute dogsh*t in each one of these threads.

In the latest threads after the deadline things went south rapidly in terms of actual NHL content
BeterChiarelli, DucharmetheDOMinator, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 35
What in tarnation
Quoting: Devil
The Vegas Golden Knights are going to win the Stanley Cup

In 2027, when Eichel's deal is done for.
BeterChiarelli, zk97, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 36
I do think Stars will give a bigger challenge than that to CGY

Honestly, I think Tkachuk is going to pop off. I think if he hadn’t got injured last series we had a shot to win that one in 5 (with him in the lineup, I doubt we give up late goals in 2 games and collapse epicly in game 6, like maybe 1 of those happens but not all 3). He’ll be motivated, and he’s better now (40 goals and 100 points). Dallas has an elite top line, but I think Calgary’s is better. Oettinger is a very good goalie, but I think Markstrom is better. Heiskanen is the best D in the series, but the next 4 are Calgary’s top 4 imo. And our 3rd pair is better. I think Sutter will motivate the Flames to try and end it early, because this team’s goal is to go on a long run. No taking it easy because they should win on paper, they’ve got a chip on their shoulder from not going anywhere after topping the West in 2019, want to avenge 2020, and really go on a deep run.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 42
What in tarnation
Quoting: Alfie11
Honestly, I think Tkachuk is going to pop off. I think if he hadn’t got injured last series we had a shot to win that one in 5 (with him in the lineup, I doubt we give up late goals in 2 games and collapse epicly in game 6, like maybe 1 of those happens but not all 3). He’ll be motivated, and he’s better now (40 goals and 100 points). Dallas has an elite top line, but I think Calgary’s is better. Oettinger is a very good goalie, but I think Markstrom is better. Heiskanen is the best D in the series, but the next 4 are Calgary’s top 4 imo. And our 3rd pair is better. I think Sutter will motivate the Flames to try and end it early, because this team’s goal is to go on a long run. No taking it easy because they should win on paper, they’ve got a chip on their shoulder from not going anywhere after topping the West in 2019, want to avenge 2020, and really go on a deep run.

It won't surprise me at all if this happens.

I just believe in Dallas' experience. We know what it takes to win as the underdog, and that position suits our team very well.

It'll be interesting to see if Miro and Gurianov become such playoff beasts they were in the bubble in 2020. Because if they do, man we're going to be a headache for CGY.
Alfie11 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 52
It won't surprise me at all if this happens.

I just believe in Dallas' experience. We know what it takes to win as the underdog, and that position suits our team very well.

It'll be interesting to see if Miro and Gurianov become such playoff beasts they were in the bubble in 2020. Because if they do, man we're going to be a headache for CGY.

Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of. I do think Calgary is much deeper now though. Like Gurianov is either going to be facing Mangiapane-Backlund-Toffoli (all great defensively, Mangiapane is just as fast), or Dube-Jarnkrok-Coleman (all above average defensively and physical, Dube can match his speed and is hot right now, and him and Coleman are playoff performers in their own right). What are your projected lines for the playoffs? I hope the Flames will run:

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Mangiapane-Backlund-Toffoli
Dube-Jarnkrok-Coleman
Lucic-Ruzicka-Lewis

Hanifin-Andersson
Kylington-Tanev
Zadorov-Gudbranson

I think that’ll probably be the top 9 (it seems to be what Sutter has settled on recently) and the D are set in stone. For the 4th line, apart from Lucic who is a lock, I could see Ruzicka-Lewis, Carpenter-Lewis, or Lewis-Ritchie being there (I think Lewis is a lock to be in there somewhere, and I would like Ruzicka as the centre, but Sutter might want more physicality).
1 mai 2022 à 17 h 14
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682
1 mai 2022 à 17 h 16
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
My *Official 2022 Playoff Predictions* ( will do one OVR and by round [ so every new round, I'll give a prediction on the matchups, see how good my skills are when I know the guaranteed matchups ] )

Round 1
Florida in 6
Tampa in 7 ( Sorry TML fans )
Canes in 6
Pens in 7
Avs in 4 ( if Saros is healthy, Avs in 5 )
STL in 7
Calgary in 5
Oilers in 6

Round 2
Florida vs Tampa - Tampa in 7 ( would be an amazing series )
Canes vs Pens - Canes in 7
Avs vs STL - Avs in 5
Calgary vs Oilers - Calgary in 6 ( would be an amazing series )

Round 3
Canes vs Tampa - Tampa in 6
Avs vs Calgary - Avs in 7

SCF
Avs vs Tampa - Tampa in 7 ( heavily debated over that one, would be a great series but Tampa 3-peat's to the sadness of most )
Remus et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 17 h 18
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
The best series of the first round is, with no doubt in my mind, STL vs MIN. I like how both of the teams are built and I would be absolutely crushed if I were a fan of the loser.
Devil, A_Habs_fan, DucharmetheDOMinator and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 17 h 18
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Alright guys, ploffs be upon us. Discuss.

I'm going to request again that this thread not be for generalized discussion unlike the last few. The Box is right there for the taking and I'm certain that one of you has set a Discord up already. I'd like to keep the total number of threads below 10 for the playoffs lol

My time has come
6ek1mp.jpg

Last meme I promise unless Toronto gets eliminated in the first round
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 17 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,725
Modifié 1 mai 2022 à 17 h 30
Gonna do my second POB with explanations of what happened to cause the win

Colorado vs. Nashville - Colorado in 4 (Nashville without Saros is gonna have issues)

Calgary vs. Dallas - Calgary in 6 (Ottinger battles hard but Calgary just proves to be a tad to strong and win in triple OT from a Gaudreau breakaway)

Edmonton vs. Los Angeles - Kings in 7 (Quick rediscovers himself and shows why he was able to lead the Kings to 2 cups and plays his best game of the series)

Minnesota vs. St. Louis - Minnesota in 7 (Husso starts strong but then starts falling off forcing Blues to put Binnington in. He steals game 6 but in Game 7 gets hammered)

Florida vs. Washington - Washington in 6 (Washington's playoff experience comes out on top and concerns with Bob remerge, he ends the series 2-4 with a 0.897sv)

Toronto vs. Tampa - Toronto in 7 (Every game goes to multiple OT games, both coaches pull their hair out trying to out whit the other, and the game winner is a weird deflection from a mad net front scramble in 7OT in game 7)

Carolina vs. Boston - Boston in 6 (Big guys show up, Freddie struggles in game 6 and Swayman shows why he is the future)

Pittsburgh vs. New York (R) - Pittsburgh in 7 (Penguin's depth outcompetes the Rangers and Shesterkin back finally gives in from all the pucks being thrown at him)
Remus, EsoYeezus69, NoVaSpartan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 17 h 24
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: Juiceman
My time has come
6ek1mp.jpg

Last meme I promise until Toronto gets eliminated in the first round

Fixed it
Juiceman, Tintin, Remus and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 17 h 24
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Hot-ish take.

One of Colorado, Calgary or Florida is losing in round one. If the caps have Ovi, Florida is my prediction.

Also, no sweeps.
Remus et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage