SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Washington Capitals to acquire Capfriendly, site to go dark

10 juin à 10 h 40
Phase 3 Is Profit
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 137
Quoting: ColonelX
So I guess everybody that bought premium packages are getting refunded?

laugh

I'm glad you have a clear understanding of how billionaires operate.
10 juin à 11 h 21
Just one more thing
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5
What about NBA salary site?
Upper_Body_Injury et AK50 a aimé ceci.
10 juin à 12 h 54
mikeblue
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6
I just cannot fathom how the NHL can let this happen when it benefits every NHL team, sports writer, and fan. This site is the envy of every professional sports organization in its dedication to accuracy and popularity to grow hockey. I will forever despise the Washington Capitals in this senseless act of selfishness.
RazWild, AK50, TheGxForum and 2 others a aimé ceci.
10 juin à 13 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 74
Quoting: CameronSquires
This is really dissapointing, I browse CapFriendly daily for new signings, waivers, trades etc and to get updates around the league. It seems like a huge step backwards for the league.

This is horrible for fans of the sport. I'm genuinely shocked this was allowed by the NHL.

This is horrible business from the caps and I expect a new site to be in the works by someone already.

Thank you to everyone here who made this site what it is today and I hope this isn't the end

I agree it is horrible for the fans and I will miss this site, takes a lot of the fun out of the game. I will likely be less engaged next season as a result.
But not much the NHL can do about it. free enterprise in action.
CameronSquires et TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
10 juin à 13 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,384
Quoting: Jacketsman61
Bc the Capitals are a part of the NHL. This is a public company that is now being used expressly by the Caps. If the Caps see value in a site like this they should create one but to buy this site that services NHL fans and connects them to the game itself just is bad for business. I also got to believe that NHL GMs of all the other teams are going to raise some issues about this. Bc now in order to have this same advantage they will have to shed out the money to create this. If other NHL teams have to do this then so should the Caps.

I don't think you understand what "public company" means. The Capitals are a privately owned company. CapFriendly is a privately owned company. The two companies came to a mutually agreed upon deal to sell CapFriendly to the Capitals. The NHL has no avenue to get involved here.

The NHLs response would be that teams should have been tracking this information themselves since the onset of the salary cap era. What did they do prior to the existence of CapGeek and CapFriendly? They'll have to go back to doing that.

Alternatively, the Capitals will sell them access for a premium, which is absolutely within their rights now that they own the platform.
AK50, brady_t12 et FarhanLuigi a aimé ceci.
10 juin à 13 h 53
the great one
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 68
I will miss the site dearly. My dad showed the site to me when i was a kid and i spent so much time on it. The Washington Capitals have ruined the season in two ways for me, first knockings the wings out of the playoffs and now this. Go to hell washington
AK50 et TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
10 juin à 13 h 53
the great one
Mentions "j'aime": 68
I will miss the site dearly. My dad showed the site to me when i was a kid and i spent so much time on it. The Washington Capitals have ruined the season in two ways for me, first knockings the wings out of the playoffs and now this. Go to hell caps
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
10 juin à 15 h 5
In Zito We Trust
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,599
Rest in power CF. Had lots of pointless arguments over silly fake hockey trades. . . I still remember the first armchair GM I posted, got flamed so hard for that one.

Good times.
AK50, TheGxForum et FarhanLuigi a aimé ceci.
10 juin à 17 h 16
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 118
Does anyone know what will happen with the new "Salary Swish" site? I assume it will be part of the sale to the Caps but haven't seen that reported anywhere.

Good for the people of CapFriendly to cash in.
10 juin à 17 h 22
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,586
Quoting: Upper_Body_Injury
Does anyone know what will happen with the new "Salary Swish" site? I assume it will be part of the sale to the Caps but haven't seen that reported anywhere.

I think the NBA website will continue, no reason for the Caps to want it
10 juin à 17 h 55
Brayden Yager Next
Rejoint: oct. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 325
Dude, This was my site i got to see so many bad trades in, And the site i use for hockey signings and news.

F**K you Washington
10 juin à 18 h 13
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,345
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Ted Leonsis owns the Washington Wizards. I don't think there's another resource for the NBA like SalarySwish and the NBA's contract structures and trade rules are much more complicated, so keeping it would make sense to keep it out of the hands of others, I guess.
10 juin à 18 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,062
Quoting: mondo
Ted Leonsis owns the Washington Wizards. I don't think there's another resource for the NBA like SalarySwish and the NBA's contract structures and trade rules are much more complicated, so keeping it would make sense to keep it out of the hands of others, I guess.

Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Quoting: ZaZooM
What about NBA salary site?

It's a different web domain; so if the articles/news are accurate and complete this sale only refers to CapFriendly.com
TheGxForum et Upper_Body_Injury a aimé ceci.
10 juin à 20 h 11
Taught Him Everythin
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 59
So happy for this news!
10 juin à 21 h 48
LIVIN ON A PRAYER
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,502
Quoting: SLAFSQUATCH
Hey at least the douchebag mods on here can go work for the Trudeau gov't now. Years of being irrational woke ideologues without integrity. Should fit in seamlessly!

Glad to see Rick From Red Deer gets to be reintegrated into society once the site goes dark. Wouldn't want you going bored...
A_Habs_fan et yikes a aimé ceci.
11 juin à 9 h 56
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 39
So I imagine that Ovi discovered that there's a website that lets ordinary people can find out how poor his $'s per point is and told Caps management that they needed to find a way to shut it down......
11 juin à 13 h 43
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,325

Hard to say. Most reports of the sale only refer to the Capitals purchasing the CapFriendly website, so I'm not sure if they're just buying the site itself or if they're also hiring the guys that run it. Vegas hired the guy that ran General Fanager, and Chicago hired one of the CapFriendly guys not too long ago.

If they are indeed hiring the minds behind it, I can't imagine they would have time to also run Salary Swish and I would expect it to close as well.

If they aren't hiring them, then I would expect Salary Swish to remain open.
11 juin à 13 h 46
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,325

Just saw this from Jarvis.

Looks like Salary Swish is indeed staying open, as new features are on the horizon.
Upper_Body_Injury a aimé ceci.
11 juin à 18 h 58
Orr28
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 329
Forums are a dying breed. I was a part of various ones through the years (hockeyfights.com, Fried Chickens Hockey Fight Site, Prowrestling.com, Mocospace, etc). This was the last one I was still a part of as all the others went the way of the dodo. Sad times. RIP.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
11 juin à 21 h 48
thegx.ca/forum
Rejoint: déc. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 15
MAKE FORUMS GREAT AGAIN✊
11 juin à 23 h 42
Cowan Season
Mentions "j'aime": 1,163
Just watched The Hockey Guy's latest video on it and he explained how the NHL wants to make it so we no longer have access to any internal data (no contract info like cap hits, term, clauses etc). This would really suck for fan engagement and if they did somehow manage to do that in this day and age I think that would just backfire on them.

I really question the NHL's decision making more and more every day
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
11 juin à 23 h 59
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,627
Just watched The Hockey Guy's latest video on it and he explained how the NHL wants to make it so we no longer have access to any internal data (no contract info like cap hits, term, clauses etc). This would really suck for fan engagement and if they did somehow manage to do that in this day and age I think that would just backfire on them.

The NHL is "owned" by the 32 owners. The NHL executives including Bettman are just employees of the owners. Unfortunately the owners have given so much power to Bettman and Bettman's bootlickers.
Most NHL teams are owned by corporations, not sports guys that want to own a professional team sports or hockey team. So they just let the suits in the NHL head office do what they want.
IMO Bettman has been awful for the NHL owners generally. Too many failed franchises which the "rich" owners constantly have to bailed out. All that was a puny national USA TV contract, which Bettman promised 25 years would rival the NBA's TV revenue.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 6 h 19
OldSLIMEfan
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Quoting: TheShamelessSellout
Honestly the owners of CF are vile too. They stole the entire website and layout from CapGeek's founder Mathew Wuest and are now selling it. And I doubt a single dollar will go to his family and estate.

Boom!

PuckPedia will be fine. This site isn't a big loss in the scheme of things. The forum isn't a loss whatsoever and maybe now some users here can stop thinking they are big shots because they dont go outside and have tenure on a posting forum lmao
Capgeek was the standard and now PuckPedia will take the new traffic and become another Capgeek/Capfriendly.
12 juin à 7 h 43
Orr28
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 329

Makes me wonder if all the backlash towards Vegas triggered this.
12 juin à 9 h 1
Cowan Season
Mentions "j'aime": 1,163
Quoting: Orr28
Makes me wonder if all the backlash towards Vegas triggered this.

The fact the NHL wants to hide everything just makes me want to make sure everything is public even more
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage