SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Washington Capitals to acquire Capfriendly, site to go dark

12 juin à 9 h 3
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,418
We have kept piratebay alive and running despite the last decade of it trying to be shutdown.

Can't someone use a mirror to copy this website> ?
12 juin à 9 h 18
xt0msx12 on X
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,547
“One team told me that even if [the Capitals] wanted to [keep the site open], they wouldn’t have been allowed to,” Friedman said. “The NHL frowns on the existence of sites like this. They consider it proprietary information so the Capitals couldn’t keep it open if they wanted to. The league would say you cannot be partner to this and have it be public and also you couldn’t make any money from it on any ads.” - Elliotte Friedman, 32 Thoughts.

People can do what they want with this info - just wanted to make sure people had a chance to see it.
12 juin à 10 h 29
Phase 3 Is Profit
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 137
Quoting: CameronSquires
The fact the NHL wants to hide everything just makes me want to make sure everything is public even more

Looking at this move without any regard for conspiracies, its another example of the NHL's utter failure at fan engagement and why it sits precariously in the #5 spots among spectator sports in the U.S. with auto racing nipping at its heels. The NHL really gives the NFL a run for its money on the killjoy scale. The age of passive viewership is fading into the sunset.
LeafsForLife et TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 10 h 48
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,345
Quoting: brady_t12
“One team told me that even if [the Capitals] wanted to [keep the site open], they wouldn’t have been allowed to,” Friedman said. “The NHL frowns on the existence of sites like this. They consider it proprietary information so the Capitals couldn’t keep it open if they wanted to. The league would say you cannot be partner to this and have it be public and also you couldn’t make any money from it on any ads.” - Elliotte Friedman, 32 Thoughts.

People can do what they want with this info - just wanted to make sure people had a chance to see it.

League is run by absolute dunces. Can't wait until Bettman, Daly and Campbell bugger off into retirement.
12 juin à 12 h 26
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 258
I read on a different CapFriendly post that ACGM and potentially forums are coming soon to SalarySwish. Maybe those tools could be used for hockey discussion between the time that CF goes dark and PuckPedia “getting their house in order” (as mentioned earlier in this thread).
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 12 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,062
Washington Capital's press release mentions that the brothers: Jamie Davis, Chris Davis, and Ryan Davis will all be employed by the team going forward. The brothers were the founders of HockeysCap.com which merged with CapFriendly and brought the Armchair GM tool.

No mention of Dominik Zrim and his future; perhaps he is staying with SalarySwish.com?
12 juin à 13 h 5
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,384
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Washington Capital's press release mentions that the brothers: Jamie Davis, Chris Davis, and Ryan Davis will all be employed by the team going forward. The brothers were the founders of HockeysCap.com which merged with CapFriendly and brought the Armchair GM tool.

No mention of Dominik Zrim and his future; perhaps he is staying with SalarySwish.com?

I thought Zrim worked for the Sharks now?

Sharks Add CapFriendly Founder, Analytics Coordinator & 3 More to Organization
12 juin à 13 h 10
Quoting: tkecanuck341

His LinkedIn bio says he left in July of 2023
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominik-zrim-b083158/?originalSubdomain=ca
12 juin à 13 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,384
His LinkedIn bio says he left in July of 2023
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominik-zrim-b083158/?originalSubdomain=ca

Interesting. If he's not getting hired by the Capitals, I assume the purchase has some sort of non-compete in there, otherwise he could just make a new "CapBuddy" website from the ground up.
12 juin à 16 h 47
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 686
Oh **** off. I don't post much anymore but the site was 4th on my frequently used. Absolutely **** this.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
13 juin à 2 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 36
Quoting: kaljakori
Oh **** off. I don't post much anymore but the site was 4th on my frequently used. Absolutely **** this.

Yeah, I loved popping on here and checking salary history randomly in the middle of the night or sitting there for hours on end making the dumbest roster moves proving that I'd be a terrible GM, though still better than Milbury, lol.

All the NHL had to do was buy CF and it could've just been integrated as an NHL site, but for some reason they wanna be cryptic with salary data and pretend like this information damages business. Honestly the league is more entertaining than it was when I was a kid, but somehow is becoming less engaging for fans.

Maybe if I had a gambling addiction I'd feel like the league cared about my involvement because they pump that down our throats every 30 seconds.
PurpleHippo, brady_t12, TheGxForum and 2 others a aimé ceci.
13 juin à 5 h 21
GM of the Year
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 48
Hodl.
16 juin à 23 h 13
Any news if there's an upstart website planning to copy this site's formula> ?
16 juin à 23 h 31
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,586
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Any news if there's an upstart website planning to copy this site's formula> ?

Well Puckpedia is similar-ish (has all the cap information, working on an ACGM-like feature)
17 juin à 17 h 19
Cowan Season
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,163
No contracts have been confirmed on here since the sale, did they just give up?
17 juin à 22 h 3
Quoting: CameronSquires
No contracts have been confirmed on here since the sale, did they just give up?

I'm sure all of their sources and insiders within NHL front offices have ceased to communicate with them since the sale. Hard to get anything confirmed
CameronSquires a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 14 h 8
I’m A Mew
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 9
Can’t we archive all of the data here to a database, so when the website goes dark we will have the information for when someone creates a new site? This would make it easier for that, and keep all of the data here safe.
18 juin à 17 h 2
Cowan Season
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,163
I'm sure all of their sources and insiders within NHL front offices have ceased to communicate with them since the sale. Hard to get anything confirmed

I hadn't considered that. Makes sense.
25 juin à 10 h 9
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 682
Quoting: brady_t12

The NHL literally provides the API of all the data and are partners. Where do you make this imaginary stuff up from.

We have kept piratebay alive and running despite the last decade of it trying to be shutdown.

Can't someone use a mirror to copy this website> ?

Sure, I can recode the whole thing so there is no copyright bs...... now who is going to fund me doing it?
People on here constantly complaining... can someone.... yeah a lot of people can. It's only HTML, CSS, and a little bit of javascript with a nodeJS backdrop.
It's not hard to build it.
But who's going to pay for it?
It doesn't generate enough revenue on it's own to exist which is why they sold it.
25 juin à 15 h 9
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck

Sure, I can recode the whole thing so there is no copyright bs...... now who is going to fund me doing it?
People on here constantly complaining... can someone.... yeah a lot of people can. It's only HTML, CSS, and a little bit of javascript with a nodeJS backdrop.
It's not hard to build it.
But who's going to pay for it?
It doesn't generate enough revenue on it's own to exist which is why they sold it.

Thank you All Mighty Grand Sage for your wise words.

Over 90 other posts whining about the buy out, yet you choose mine, I'm glad my thoughts and name keep you awake at night.

Sleep tight.

Love you.
25 juin à 17 h 46
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 682
Thank you All Mighty Grand Sage for your wise words.

Over 90 other posts whining about the buy out, yet you choose mine, I'm glad my thoughts and name keep you awake at night.

Sleep tight.

Love you.

yes they are all whining but you are asking who can rebuild it.
I'm saying, yeah sure, I can do it..... who is going to fund it.

Go find the funding, and I'll help you put it back up.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage