i_used_to_pray_for_times_like_this_cover.jpg
A_Habs_fan et kdawg32086 a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 9 h 59
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,769
My profile pics are now 2/2.

na-na-na-hey-hey-hey.png
CantStopWontStop, Rolfadinho, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 10 h 1
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 514
Ryan Suter has joined a very exclusive club which features one other distinguished member: Tony DeAngelo.
BigBallsBriere et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 12 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,051
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Ryan Suter has joined a very exclusive club which features one other distinguished member: Tony DeAngelo.

Blackhawks should sign both of them as a 3rd pair
jeu. à 12 h 47
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,051
Kinda makes sense for Detroit to want more veteran presence.

Looks like Kane is gone, Perron possibly too.

That leaves 0 playoff caliber seasoned vets among the entire forward group.

I’ve felt an upgrade for Perron was coming as his icetime kept going down as last season progressed, bottoming out around the trade deadline. Felt maybe Buchnevich and Perron swapping with Detroit sending futures to stl made a lot of sense. But if you want vet presence, stamkos makes a lot of sense too, although you have to kinda guess there’s only a few years left and he’s probably interested in as many years as he can get .

Yzerman give him 4x6? Giroux got 3 at 6.5.

JT Compher has 70 playoff games; DeBrincat has 9, Larkin has 5. It's not a lot; but it's not zero.

Wonder if Reilly Smith would be a target for them also; think Penguins were shopping him iirc. Also wonder if playoff-caliber teams will kick tires on Josh Anderson (with retention).
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 12 h 56
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,439
Quoting: MGK
I don't see them including Karlsson after letting Stephenson walk, let alone if Marchessault goes. Teams like Dallas & VGK don't have the flexibility even with the cap skyrocketing to 88M.

VGK have Eichel, Hertl, Roy, and Howden who can be their C's if Karlsson is gone

DAL really dont have the assets that they would want to give for Marner nor TOR would want if it was not said assets
jeu. à 15 h 10
CF to RealGM Hockey
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 490
Finally, the NHL's worst player has been bought out! Bye bye Suter! Hopefully it means Tanev and Duchene are back next season since buying out Suter is what is needed to keep them.
HelmutCool a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 16 h 28
Modifié jeu. à 18 h 15
maybe we get an excitement filled draft.

It feels like there’s a bunch of like “if you can’t find any better, then this is my offer and it’s good enough” situations. (McGroaty, Necas) And a lot of “if this doesn’t work out we have to go to plan B” situations. (Hurricanes, Vancouver, St. Louis? <—- my Homer bias, I feel like stl will be a seller and probably wants something they’re not going to get and will have to pull an ejection handle. I’d love them to add to the nhl roster but I get the sense they’re going to subtract. Saad and Faulk look very sellable for extremely modest returns. Buchnevich to Philly seems interesting - who would be better to skate with Michov?.)

Plus there’s Utah who just has too many picks and prospects imo.
jeu. à 17 h 35
Thank you Pavelski
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,517
Suter buyout has made my day
Sharkie69, CantStopWontStop, HelmutCool and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 17 h 45
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,287
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Disappointed that the Penguins fan ignores how great 87 was...

The Crosby disrespect needs to stop

He isn’t better than Crosby… yet. He is more talented though that I just can’t deny.
jeu. à 18 h 32
Kansler
Mentions "j'aime": 233
Quoting: kdawg32086
Finally, the NHL's worst player has been bought out! Bye bye Suter! Hopefully it means Tanev and Duchene are back next season since buying out Suter is what is needed to keep them.

Atleast a year too late. Still happy
jeu. à 18 h 33
Kansler

It feels like there’s a bunch of like “if you can’t find any better, then this is my offer and it’s good enough” situations. (McGroaty, Necas) And a lot of “if this doesn’t work out we have to go to plan B” situations. (Hurricanes, Vancouver, St. Louis? <—- my Homer bias, I feel like stl will be a seller and probably wants something they’re not going to get and will have to pull an ejection handle. I’d love them to add to the nhl roster but I get the sense they’re going to subtract. Saad and Faulk look very sellable for extremely modest returns. Buchnevich to Philly seems interesting - who would be better to skate with Michov?.)

Faulk is a dump. Not an asset
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 18 h 43
Hakuna Matata

Faulk is a cap dump and will cost more to move than Mikheyev or Wahlman

Saad is the only one with value but its also not crazy
jeu. à 18 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Myers is back in VAN
jeu. à 18 h 48
Kansler
Quoting: aadoyle
Myers is back in VAN

Dont mind the caphit. But he is going to be horrible atleast the final year. He had a fluke season. Soft big guy. He could be great, but has no killer mentality.
jeu. à 18 h 55
Kansler
Myers is back in VAN

Btw. When this site shuts down,is there a home for the orphans?

Gonna miss getting all the needed info and debating about it at same site.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 20 h 14
Follow devknowspuck
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,204
Magi is a cap

I love it
jeu. à 22 h 8
Faulk is a cap dump and will cost more to move than Mikheyev or Wahlman

Saad is the only one with value but its also not crazy

Do have to kindly disagree on Faulk.

Walman is a gigantic liability for getting out of the zone. He’s had 0 seasons at 28 years old where he’s taken legit top 4 pairing minutes. It’s tough for him because he’s nowhere near effective enough at offense to overcome the fact that if he’s on the ice you just dump it to his side and feast. He’s a bonafide nhl defenseman who isn’t good enough at what teams specifically need, nor good enough to do what he does in the role that he would command. You can’t use him as a protected offensive weapon because he’s not good enough at offense and you cannot use him as a top 4 defenseman because he’s not good enough at defense.

Faulk has only skated top 4 minutes: his lowest season ice time was 20:30 awhile back which is way low for him and the only low number of his career. In those substantial minutes he is around average or better in most areas, just not superlative, the last 2 seasons in stl have been a revolving door for his partner. He and Parayko traded literal 20/21 year old late round picks at one point. Faulk is 2 seasons removed from Norris votes. I’m more than happy to keep him if there’s no deal.

I do not think either saad or Faulk are first round value, but, for example, Utah has 0 defenseman under contract. Another thought: I’d personally much rather have Faulk than Ceci. Really, the list of teams without 2 Bonafide rhd maybe longer than the list of teams with. I do not believe that stl would pay to eject him. I think there would be a modest return of picks (looking at Utah).
BigBallsBriere et HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 22 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Do have to kindly disagree on Faulk.

Walman is a gigantic liability for getting out of the zone. He’s had 0 seasons at 28 years old where he’s taken legit top 4 pairing minutes. It’s tough for him because he’s nowhere near effective enough at offense to overcome the fact that if he’s on the ice you just dump it to his side and feast. He’s a bonafide nhl defenseman who isn’t good enough at what teams specifically need, nor good enough to do what he does in the role that he would command. You can’t use him as a protected offensive weapon because he’s not good enough at offense and you cannot use him as a top 4 defenseman because he’s not good enough at defense.

Faulk has only skated top 4 minutes: his lowest season ice time was 20:30 awhile back which is way low for him and the only low number of his career. In those substantial minutes he is around average or better in most areas, just not superlative, the last 2 seasons in stl have been a revolving door for his partner. He and Parayko traded literal 20/21 year old late round picks at one point. Faulk is 2 seasons removed from Norris votes. I’m more than happy to keep him if there’s no deal.

I do not think either saad or Faulk are first round value, but, for example, Utah has 0 defenseman under contract. Another thought: I’d personally much rather have Faulk than Ceci. Really, the list of teams without 2 Bonafide rhd maybe longer than the list of teams with. I do not believe that stl would pay to eject him. I think there would be a modest return of picks (looking at Utah).

Dont need an essay to explain Faulk is a negative asset that you got to pay to move

Like neither is getting that kind of value lul
jeu. à 22 h 17
LIVIN ON A PRAYER
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,484
That Saros contract makes absolutely no sense
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 22 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
That Saros contract makes absolutely no sense

Maybe it makes him easier to move or increases the value idk

But feels weird given their window
jeu. à 22 h 25
Modifié jeu. à 22 h 33
Dont need an essay to explain Faulk is a negative asset that you got to pay to move

Like neither is getting that kind of value lul

If my choice was:

Trade a late 2nd for 2 years of saad or use a late 2nd at the trade deadline to acquire Tyler Toffoli, I’d choose Saad. Others would choose toffoli. Kinda the same guy.

Toffoli has gone for more than a late 2nd four different times. (A 2nd and 3rd this past deadline, sharongovich and a 3rd a year prior, a first plus 4 other assets the year prior, and a 2nd plus 3 assets 2 years prior.

I’m using my toffoli-o-meter on this one. Same price, give or take. Same role. Very similar results. Therefore: similar trade cost.

Can split hairs on the term or isolated characteristics, but it’s so close to me it’s kinda creepy. I give the bump to saad because he isn’t getting traded nonstop. If toffoli was such a great asset why does everybody trade him 12 months later. Dudes at 6 teams in 4 years and a pending ufa. Who’s lucky number 7.
jeu. à 22 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Modifié jeu. à 22 h 38
If my choice was:

Trade a late 2nd for 2 years of saad or use a late 2nd at the trade deadline to acquire Tyler Toffoli, I’d choose Saad. Others would choose toffoli. Kinda the same guy.

Toffoli has gone for more than a late 2nd four different times. (A 2nd and 3rd this past deadline, sharongovich and a 3rd a year prior, a first plus 4 other assets the year prior, and a 2nd plus 3 assets 2 years prior.

I’m using my toffoli-o-meter on this one. Same price, give or take. Same role. Very similar results. Therefore, similar price.

Look what Mangiapane went for thats Saads comparable anymore = overpay

Like if were in 1st terrirory look elsewhere not worth

Toffoli also did better did Saad when he was traded so using him as the comparable not great

Saad

82gp 26 goals 16 assists 42 points

Toffoli

79 GP 33 goals 22 assists 55 points

Or if we go by general stats or PTG/G

Saad = 0.51
Toffoli = 0.70

Played less delivered more
jeu. à 22 h 49
Look what Mangiapane went for thats Saads comparable anymore = overpay

Like if were in 1st terrirory look elsewhere not worth

Toffoli also did better did Saad when he was traded so using him as the comparable not great

Saad

82gp 26 goals 16 assists 42 points

Toffoli

79 GP 33 goals 22 assists 55 points

Played less delivered more

I’m probably being tribal. I concede.

I do find it fun tho if you peel off the power play points then saad and Toffoli just finished the season tied with 37 points.
jeu. à 22 h 50
Hakuna Matata
I’m probably being tribal. I concede.

I do find it fun tho if you peel off the power play points then saad and Toffoli just finished the season tied with 37 points.

Like dont get me wrong I see Saad getting them value just not stupid crazy high value. But a 2nd coming back and 4.5m in cap space as a trade off aint bad

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage