SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Philadelphia Flyers signed Ivan Fedotov (2 Years / $3,275,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

23 avr. à 8 h 20
Ivan Fedotov has signed a new contract with the Philadelphia Flyers.
Contrat standard (prolongation)
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Daniel Brière
Durée: 2 ans
Valeur: 6 550 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: UFA
% Cap Info-bulle: 3,92
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieFlyers de Philadelphie
Date de signature: 23 avr. 2024
Source: CapFriendly

Ivan Fedotov a signé un contrat de 2 ans d'une valeur de 6 550 000 $ avec les Flyers de Philadelphie, le 23 avr. 2024. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 3 275 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2024-253 275 000 $3 275 000 $0 $2 500 000 $775 000 $3 275 000 $3 275 000 $
2025-263 275 000 $3 275 000 $0 $2 500 000 $775 000 $3 275 000 $3 275 000 $
TOTAL6 550 000 $6 550 000 $0 $5 000 000 $1 550 000 $6 550 000 $6 550 000 $
23 avr. à 8 h 25
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403
He's played 3 NHL games and has a .811 in them, what???
SevenLeg, AK50, LondonNight911 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 8 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,650
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
He's played 3 NHL games and has a .811 in them, what???

From Anthony DiMarco :

I know the Fedotov AAV is higher than expected, but the contract was agreed upon prior to the player coming over from Russia.

I'm told that the contract had to be a certain number to get Fedotov to come to North America.

Not ideal, but understandable given the circumstances.
AK50, Rooney, HockeyScotty and 14 others a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 8 h 42
luketd
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 53
Cap going up why not. If thats the cost for him to come over from Russia sure. if he can be a capable backup for like 5 seasons then thats fine. Hopefully he can actually play in the NHL lmao. Guy gets paid. Flyers are still rebuilding. We ball
AK50 et WQAESRTFGVYKLM a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 8 h 46
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,214
We have to cap space to give him that, but at this point you might as well let him go back to russia and get somebody else.
MountRoyal a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 8 h 50
luketd
Quoting: Roperttos
We have to cap space to give him that, but at this point you might as well let him go back to russia and get somebody else.

Big brain of briere to surround the flyers with some russians when Michkov comes over next season. When they somehow get him a year earlier
AK50 et vmark a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 9 h 2
Quoting: luketd
Big brain of briere to surround the flyers with some russians when Michkov comes over next season. When they somehow get him a year earlier

I doubt that Michkov comes any sooner than the 26-27 season. Atleast I wouldn't expect it. You could also get these russians for a lot cheaper than this.
23 avr. à 9 h 10
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 34
Let them vote no without understanding the situation. It was the only way to get him over here and in case people forgot, we were left in a pretty precarious situation at goaltender because of another guy that shall not be named.

Also not about to stat bomb his 3 "games" in the NHL. One of the weirder situations for any player to go through let alone a goalie. And to just be thrown into the NHL for a team trying to get into the playoffs that was a tremendous amount of pressure, couldn't have felt too comfortable.
TheGreatHunter, AK50, Moss_Bucket and 3 others a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 9 h 35
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,085
Philly has capspace and Fedetov is a pretty great goalie. Am I surprised at this number? Yes. Do I think its a bad contract? No, far from it
AK50 a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 10 h 15
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,389
If this solves the Flyers' goaltending problem, then the amount is secondary. If this doesn't, then the amount is irrelevant.

I was the fourth vote for Yes.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 10 h 19
Go Jets Go
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,197
Quoting: pinslack
From Anthony DiMarco :

I know the Fedotov AAV is higher than expected, but the contract was agreed upon prior to the player coming over from Russia.

I'm told that the contract had to be a certain number to get Fedotov to come to North America.

Not ideal, but understandable given the circumstances.

Thank for the clarification! I was wondering why such a high AAV.
BuFfaLOFaN, mk458, vmark and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 11 h 33
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,065
He's had a great KHL career, but this is an insane bet for a guy who came in and stunk the place up for 3 games. Could totally work out, but it's just as likely he's Russian Mikko Koskinen
MountRoyal, A_Habs_fan, OldNYIfan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 11 h 49
Grierless Sharks Fan
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 927
I doubt that Michkov comes any sooner than the 26-27 season. Atleast I wouldn't expect it. You could also get these russians for a lot cheaper than this.

Really?
I know predraft there were issues that he was contracted for a while in the KHL, but I figured he'd be over here sooner.
23 avr. à 12 h 1
Quoting: goodfella
Really?
I know predraft there were issues that he was contracted for a while in the KHL, but I figured he'd be over here sooner.

There hasn't been any indication so far that he will be able to get out of it prematurely. It would be awesome if he could get out of it, but I will expect him to come over for the 26-27 season, unless the situation changes.
23 avr. à 12 h 45
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 375
if this was "the only way" to get him to play for the flyers maybe you should have just told him to pound salt because you just got screwed.
A_Habs_fan et vmark a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 13 h 3
See you space cowboy
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,155
The sample size of NHL games is not enough for me to vote yes or no to this. Time will tell.

Hopefully an offseason of training plus some more time to adapt to the NHL style of hockey and we'll get a good thing outta this.
23 avr. à 13 h 8
luketd
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
if this was "the only way" to get him to play for the flyers maybe you should have just told him to pound salt because you just got screwed.

not your money, not my money. Let the guy get his bread. its only for 2 years and we are rebuilding. If he can turn into a capable backup then thats great. The guy has about a career .915 sv% in the KHL, lead his team to win the gagarin trophy, won goalie of the year, helped russia win silver in the olympics.

Nikita Gusev came over from Russia for 4.5 mil for 2 years after leading the KHL in points the season prior. Fedotov came off a year of no hockey, put up fine numbers in the KHL. Got thrown into a mess of the Flyers end of the year struggle. Lets see if he's worth it. If not, then the guy got his bread and the flyers are still rebuilding. If he is good, then we found a possible long term backup or a piece in a trade
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 13 h 9
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,142
Bust alert
23 avr. à 13 h 12
Grierless Sharks Fan
There hasn't been any indication so far that he will be able to get out of it prematurely. It would be awesome if he could get out of it, but I will expect him to come over for the 26-27 season, unless the situation changes.

Damn, that just seems.. unfair haha. That was the first word that came to mind.
23 avr. à 13 h 14
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 375
Quoting: luketd
not your money, not my money. Let the guy get his bread. its only for 2 years and we are rebuilding. If he can turn into a capable backup then thats great. The guy has about a career .915 sv% in the KHL, lead his team to win the gagarin trophy, won goalie of the year, helped russia win silver in the olympics.

Nikita Gusev came over from Russia for 4.5 mil for 2 years after leading the KHL in points the season prior. Fedotov came off a year of no hockey, put up fine numbers in the KHL. Got thrown into a mess of the Flyers end of the year struggle. Lets see if he's worth it. If not, then the guy got his bread and the flyers are still rebuilding. If he is good, then we found a possible long term backup or a piece in a trade

listen to you.
A team should risk 7 million to find a back up goalie...... The F kind of piss poor management is that?
That's how a GM gets fired. stupid decisions like that.
It be one thing if you were over here talking about, yeah we risked 3.5x2 for a guy who might be a 40 goal scorer or something.
But you over here going on about backup goalie.
23 avr. à 13 h 20
Damn, that just seems.. unfair haha. That was the first word that came to mind.

Kinda, but not really. The contract situation was the biggest reason why he fell to 7. If he could've come into the the NHL straight away he would've probably gone in the top 3.
23 avr. à 13 h 24
luketd
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
listen to you.
A team should risk 7 million to find a back up goalie...... The F kind of piss poor management is that?
That's how a GM gets fired. stupid decisions like that.
It be one thing if you were over here talking about, yeah we risked 3.5x2 for a guy who might be a 40 goal scorer or something.
But you over here going on about backup goalie.

Look at the flyers history with goalies. We need goalies lmao. It is a legit OVERPAY. it is! But because we aren't signing Carter Hart and Ersson is on a 1.45 mil contract. I am fine with paying him to see if he can be a viable backup. We arent going to be competing for the next 2 years anyway. Might as well find out if he can play in the NHL. Big goalie, has legit potential. Flyers see an upside on the Fedotov, they dont need the cap for 2 years anyway. Roll the dice and see if he can play in the NHL. Its that or leave him in russia and dont find out and save 3.25 mil to do what?

Fedotov was making about 3 mil in the KHL. So it was either pay about the same or leave. Flyers decided to pay
vmark a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 13 h 36
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 99
A bit of sticker shock at first but Flyers have money, are still rebuilding, and now have just $4.7m committed to goalies for the next 2 years. But above all else, 3.25 is going to feel like a lot less next year and even more so in 2 years with the cap rising,
23 avr. à 14 h 17
Grierless Sharks Fan
Kinda, but not really. The contract situation was the biggest reason why he fell to 7. If he could've come into the the NHL straight away he would've probably gone in the top 3.

I thought I read he lowkey said he was only coming over to the Flyers.
23 avr. à 14 h 38
I thought I read he lowkey said he was only coming over to the Flyers.

Not sure if he said he would only come to the Flyers, but he definitely didn't want to go to certain teams.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage