SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(ANA/CAR/TOR) - Lyubushkin for Slepets for 2025 3rd (TOR), 2024 6th (TOR)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 mars à 4 h 30
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 679
Only the Leafs could generate these kinds of reactions from a trade like this lmao. An overpaid rental defenseman traded with double retention for mid-round picks. It's a completely fair deal for all sides.
A_Habs_fan, python3504, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 5 h 34
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Modifié 1 mars à 6 h 59
Is it just me or is it weird that a contending team retained for another contending team in its conference?

Wouldn’t you want to be like, doing the opposite? Not helping
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 5 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6
For those saying the double retain means they will make another move, they don't have the cap space. On deadline day they will send down Robertson and afterthey will waive Jones and call Robertson back up. The only way they can make more space before the deadline while leaving enough space for Jarnkrok to come back is to waive/trade any of Gregor/Reaves/Giordano/Lagesson/Timmins before the deadline. It looks like they want to keep Reaves as he has been contributing more lately, then Lagesson and Timmins are too valuable as injury depth. That leaves Giordano, who could pull a Spezza and threaten to retire if claimed, and Gregor. It doesn't seem like they want to put Giordano through waivers even though he would clear, and I guess they want to keep Grogor around in case of injuries... so that's it, this is the roster. I personally would have gotten rid of Gregor so that you have more space for a better players than Lyubushkin but they didn't want to do that. Part of me thinks with Giordano going down tonight, and McCabe playing while banged up, they wanted to complete this trade before they announced any injuries and teams drove up the prices knowing they were in a bind... GHk-FvUW8AARlmZ?format=png&name=large
1 mars à 7 h 17
Rejoint: mars 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 132
Modifié 1 mars à 7 h 24
It’s not like they acquired Walker for a 1st+.

D depth is important. Plus they got an indefinite 5th rounder and double retention on a known commodity (he is a minimum salary depth defender, after all) for a 6th.

That is pretty solid GMing no matter how you slice it and if you think otherwise you are being captious.
python3504 a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 7 h 20
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Fair deal, Lyubushkin already knows Toronto a bit and it helps their D depth, seems fine to me
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 7 h 49
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Modifié 1 mars à 9 h 46
Quoting: RoughRunner
For those saying the double retain means they will make another move, they don't have the cap space. On deadline day they will send down Robertson and afterthey will waive Jones and call Robertson back up. The only way they can make more space before the deadline while leaving enough space for Jarnkrok to come back is to waive/trade any of Gregor/Reaves/Giordano/Lagesson/Timmins before the deadline. It looks like they want to keep Reaves as he has been contributing more lately, then Lagesson and Timmins are too valuable as injury depth. That leaves Giordano, who could pull a Spezza and threaten to retire if claimed, and Gregor. It doesn't seem like they want to put Giordano through waivers even though he would clear, and I guess they want to keep Grogor around in case of injuries... so that's it, this is the roster. I personally would have gotten rid of Gregor so that you have more space for a better players than Lyubushkin but they didn't want to do that. Part of me thinks with Giordano going down tonight, and McCabe playing while banged up, they wanted to complete this trade before they announced any injuries and teams drove up the prices knowing they were in a bind... GHk-FvUW8AARlmZ?format=png&name=large

That's a 25 man roster...

And the other move part comes with the Leafs still being able to fit Libby under the cap without double retention
Messier99 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 8 h 37
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Fair deal, at the end of the day a 3rd is much more likely not gonna become anything in the league for some defensive depth.
1 mars à 8 h 57
Leafs going to Leafs
You know we are all starving for new trades when a 3rd+6th=player deal gets 3 pages worth of comments lol
1 mars à 9 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: Brad_Treliving
Love this move by Treliving, we find another Luke Schenn who can play with Rielly. How many first round picks would Dubas have given up?

How many firsts? Really? Schenn is a better player and how many firsts did he cost?
1 mars à 9 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: aadoyle
Dubas paid more for Boosh though the first time he traded for him....

Well he was playing better then... And wasn't part of that dumping Ritchie too?
1 mars à 9 h 54
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 92
Quoting: Leafsfan98
That's a 25 man roster...

And the other move part comes with the Leafs still being sable to fit Libby under the cap without double retention

I think Jones will be here the entire season. With Woll injury and Sammy's mental health - too risky not to have 3rd goalie.
I would suspect Timmins will be LTIR. I think he needs to be off for another week (which is deadline day) to meet the 24 day criteria.
Possibly Robertson sent down, to regain some scoring touch, depending on Timmins return.
Don't know about Gio's status, but they will likely play it week to week depending if another injury happens.
Remember last year they had no goalie for the final 2 games? There will be some "play-it-by-ear" and maybe even send Knies down rather that losing an expected playoff asset on waivers.
1 mars à 9 h 59
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 454
So this is what i dont understand, why does everyone seem to hate the deal?

ANA acquires LBUSH @ 2.75 for a 4th round pick - everyone says good trade they will flip him for a higher pick at the deadline

Leafs acquire him for a 3rd @ 50@ retained and shell out a 6th for another 25% so he comes to the leafs @ 675K below league min - everyone says its a bad deal but they needed a right shot D.

so ana got exactly what they thought they would and the leafs paid what everyone thought they would, yes he has bad numbers but so did Benoit but look at him on the leafs, he is performing way better.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 10 h 6
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: Messier99
I think Jones will be here the entire season. With Woll injury and Sammy's mental health - too risky not to have 3rd goalie.
I would suspect Timmins will be LTIR. I think he needs to be off for another week (which is deadline day) to meet the 24 day criteria.
Possibly Robertson sent down, to regain some scoring touch, depending on Timmins return.
Don't know about Gio's status, but they will likely play it week to week depending if another injury happens.
Remember last year they had no goalie for the final 2 games? There will be some "play-it-by-ear" and maybe even send Knies down rather that losing an expected playoff asset on waivers.

That's fine... But I'm saying they are over the 23 man limit...

And they needed to do some cap shenanigans the final couple games

I don't see Robertson surviving TDL bc he's in Keefe's doghouse

I just hope they make smart moves to improve how hard it is to play against them (I think Libby helps but to each their own I guess)
1 mars à 10 h 7
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: python3504
So this is what i dont understand, why does everyone seem to hate the deal?

ANA acquires LBUSH 2.75 for a 4th round pick - everyone says good trade they will flip him for a higher pick at the deadline

Leafs acquire him for a 3rd 50 retained and shell out a 6th for another 25% so he comes to the leafs 675K below league min - everyone says its a bad deal but they needed a right shot D.

so ana got exactly what they thought they would and the leafs paid what everyone thought they would, yes he has bad numbers but so did Benoit but look at him on the leafs, he is performing way better.

Then add on, they need to compete with Boston or Florida, they need to be physically superior bc that's how you beat these teams...
python3504 a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 10 h 52
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
You know we are all starving for new trades when a 3rd+6th=player deal gets 3 pages worth of comments lol

lets go LEAFS baby love the LEAFS baby
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 11 h 18
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,232
That's fine... But I'm saying they are over the 23 man limit...

And they needed to do some cap shenanigans the final couple games

I don't see Robertson surviving TDL bc he's in Keefe's doghouse

I just hope they make smart moves to improve how hard it is to play against them (I think Libby helps but to each their own I guess)

What did Robertson do to end up in Keefe's doghouse?
1 mars à 11 h 26
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: seanrushton
What did Robertson do to end up in Keefe's doghouse?

I don't know... He's been HS multiple times this season for guys like Reaves (playing hurt), Gregor and others

He's almost never trusted in the 3rd

And he usually gets some PP2 time but nothing else on ST despite being roughly 60th in g/60 in that span of healthy scratches
seanrushton a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 12 h 19
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,192

Umm yah a 25 man roster isn’t happening. You can take Laggesson and Gregor and put Jones back in, and then you have the space to trade one of the depth guys or waive/ send down someone and you can add a 1 million dollar guy. Which considering the idea of double retention, that’s a lot of space.
1 mars à 12 h 43
Drumman44
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 259
Quoting: Brad_Treliving
Love this move by Treliving, we find another Luke Schenn who can play with Rielly. How many first round picks would Dubas have given up?

You know who would be ever better fit for Rielly? Luke Schenn who the Leafs decided not to retain and instead gave a richer, shorter term contract to John Klingberg who has played less than 15 games with the Leafs.
1 mars à 12 h 45
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 333
Quoting: TheReelChuckFletcher
Canes get a 6th rounder for just $687K in cap space? Canes still have $5.95M to work with. Not bad work if you can get it.

that's an awfully expensive draft pick that doesn't pan out.
Odds of that 6th round pick being anything is next to nothing. Waste of the teams cash.
1 mars à 13 h 2
Quoting: Saskleaf
Umm yah a 25 man roster isn’t happening. You can take Laggesson and Gregor and put Jones back in, and then you have the space to trade one of the depth guys or waive/ send down someone and you can add a 1 million dollar guy. Which considering the idea of double retention, that’s a lot of space.

I was just trying to show that they don't want to waive anyone. They will have to send down somone to be roster compliant before Saturday's game. There's no way they waive Lagesson, he will get claimed 100% and if they don't want to pull the waiver stunt with Giordano or Reaves, the only guys left are Robertson and Gregor. At practice this morning Jarnkrok took Robertson's spot on the third line, so it looks like they will send down Robertson because they don't want to waive Gregor, and if they don't want to waive Gregor then they don't have space to add another player, that's all I was trying to point out. Lets say they include Gregor in the trade for an upgrade, that only leaves $919,166 in space as you say, and then what assets are you going to spend? The other 3rd and another 6th to double retain? At that point I would have rather used all the available cap space ($1.6M) with the first instead of losing 2 thirds and a 6th (assuming they still have to use a 5th or 6th to double retain on the player they get with the first) for much worse players and get an actual top 4 defender instead. That moves the needle a lot more than Lybushkin and a bottom six forward that will replace Robertson IMO, but we will see which bottom 6 forward they get...
1 mars à 15 h 33
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,192
I was just trying to show that they don't want to waive anyone. They will have to send down somone to be roster compliant before Saturday's game. There's no way they waive Lagesson, he will get claimed 100% and if they don't want to pull the waiver stunt with Giordano or Reaves, the only guys left are Robertson and Gregor. At practice this morning Jarnkrok took Robertson's spot on the third line, so it looks like they will send down Robertson because they don't want to waive Gregor, and if they don't want to waive Gregor then they don't have space to add another player, that's all I was trying to point out. Lets say they include Gregor in the trade for an upgrade, that only leaves $919,166 in space as you say, and then what assets are you going to spend? The other 3rd and another 6th to double retain? At that point I would have rather used all the available cap space ($1.6M) with the first instead of losing 2 thirds and a 6th (assuming they still have to use a 5th or 6th to double retain on the player they get with the first) for much worse players and get an actual top 4 defender instead. That moves the needle a lot more than Lybushkin and a bottom six forward that will replace Robertson IMO, but we will see which bottom 6 forward they get...

Can’t think of a single reason why Lagesson would stay on the roster lol. His chances are getting claimed are low, and even if he does get claimed who really cares. Same goes for Gregor.

Also I’m not even disagreeing that would have been a better idea but I don’t think that the Boosh trade makes a big difference in adding a player like that
1 mars à 18 h 7
MontrealCanadiensFAN
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 89
ANA has the biggest W in this trade because of great asset mangagement technically turning a 4th from aquiring Ilya Lyubushkin to a 3rd.

This is a good trade for TOR. as long as Ilya Lyubushkin is used as a 7th d-men and is a good locker room guy too.

Why did CAR do this?? They should be buying and not add extra cap + they only got a 6th for retaining. And also this is a cup contending rival they're retaining for...
1 mars à 18 h 54
Quoting: Saskleaf
Can’t think of a single reason why Lagesson would stay on the roster lol. His chances are getting claimed are low, and even if he does get claimed who really cares. Same goes for Gregor.

Also I’m not even disagreeing that would have been a better idea but I don’t think that the Boosh trade makes a big difference in adding a player like that

Lagesson is being heavily underrated at the moment. His numbers have been better than Giordano's this season and honestly I would rather play him than Giordano at this point. He's also not perpetually injured like Giordano and Timmins, waiving him would not be smart and I don't think the team is considering that. Like I said I would rather waive Giordano since he won't get claimed...
1 mars à 20 h 16
hes dynamite
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 36
theres alot of leafs cope in here, but also... their right side is a disaster so i guess theres some reason for hope given a natural RD

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage