SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #3: After Further Review...

28 janv. à 0 h 41
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,407
Didn’t know the refs could use a video review to give a penalty to a different player. Cole was initially given a 2 minute penalty, but after review Myers gets 5 and a game for an elbow and Cole’s penalty gets wiped out. Never seen that before
28 janv. à 6 h 3
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 484
Modifié 28 janv. à 7 h 13
I was waiting until the end of the wings game to type that they’ve tied the record for number of 10 goal scorers on a team for a season in the cap era.

Except they didn’t, they’re 1 goal short. JV on deck. I sent my energy, wasn’t enuff.

To tie or set a season record before the all star break is fancy deviation. Most records aren’t broken so hard. It’ll be interesting to see how they do in the playoffs. I’m thinking extremely well. Depth should be the most stable strategy. I still think having absolute elite talent such as Edmonton and Toronto is probably the best way to increase chances for a cup, but I think a close second is to be extremely deep and wide, so much so that it’s too much to defend against for 7 games straight. Either have a line that cannot really be defended against over time (mcdavid, matthews) or have 4 that are so wide and deep that it doesn’t matter what the other side does. Any given line in isolation can take shift loss, but all 4 win enough that the other side is screwed in most cases. If I were in the East I’d do what I could to avoid Detroit in the first round.

Side note: was thinking it would be fun to train a stable diffusion for the trade deadline: get interesting output of players on other teams.
28 janv. à 10 h 31
More Finns More Wins
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 631
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
I was waiting until the end of the wings game to type that they’ve tied the record for number of 10 goal scorers on a team for a season in the cap era.

Unless I'm misinterpreting something, you're still AT LEAST one player short even when Veleno hits 10.

The Canes last year had 12 players hit 10 goals, and that's just the first team that I looked at, I'm sure there are more in the last 19 years, and I don't remember anyone talking about how Carolina had the most 10 goal scorers in the cap era.
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
28 janv. à 13 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,290
Laine entering the player assistance program...

Hopefully they can help him get his fortnite addiction under control

Seriously though, hope he gets all the help he needs with whatever it is.
28 janv. à 13 h 57
Modifié 28 janv. à 14 h 11
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
Unless I'm misinterpreting something, you're still AT LEAST one player short even when Veleno hits 10.

The Canes last year had 12 players hit 10 goals, and that's just the first team that I looked at, I'm sure there are more in the last 19 years, and I don't remember anyone talking about how Carolina had the most 10 goal scorers in the cap era.

Imma dig it up while watching kings blues. I’m curious what diff eras looked like I’m just parroting, haven’t actually looked.
28 janv. à 14 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,034
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Laine entering the player assistance program...

Hopefully they can help him get his fortnite addiction under control

Seriously though, hope he gets all the help he needs with whatever it is.

This got to be a record for amount of players entering this season
28 janv. à 14 h 17
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,402
Quoting: aadoyle
This got to be a record for amount of players entering this season

Yes, definitely, however, that's a good thing, shows the players are realizing they're humans and they should get help when they need it instead of trying to fight through it
LeafsFanForSomeReason, aadoyle, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
28 janv. à 14 h 20
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,290
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yes, definitely, however, that's a good thing, shows the players are realizing they're humans and they should get help when they need it instead of trying to fight through it

Concerning to hear earlier though that PAP is supposedly not great. Was it Scott Darling that was talking about that? Really hope that the players are in fact getting the proper help...
yikes a aimé ceci.
28 janv. à 14 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 28 janv. à 15 h 57
Anyone else getting the feeling unless something changes David Jiricek is gonna ask out of CBJ

His latest interview is giving me those vibes CBJ better tread the waters carefully
zk97 et CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
28 janv. à 17 h 10
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,373
Quoting: mv21227
Didn’t know the refs could use a video review to give a penalty to a different player. Cole was initially given a 2 minute penalty, but after review Myers gets 5 and a game for an elbow and Cole’s penalty gets wiped out. Never seen that before

IIRC mistaken identity can definitely be rectified by review.
28 janv. à 17 h 14
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,373
Imma dig it up while watching kings blues. I’m curious what diff eras looked like I’m just parroting, haven’t actually looked.

The Blues had 13 in their Cup season. And Thomas missed by one in only 70 games, Sanford by two in only 60. They could have easily had 15, but I think we'll take the amount of fortune we had that season as is. squinty smile
28 janv. à 20 h 18
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,407
Quoting: mokumboi
IIRC mistaken identity can definitely be rectified by review.

I don’t think this was mistaken identity though. There were two different hits. They originally called one on Cole but then switched it to Myers. In the end it was the right call, but not sure if how the refs went about it is actually allowed
29 janv. à 6 h 54
Quoting: mv21227
I don’t think this was mistaken identity though. There were two different hits. They originally called one on Cole but then switched it to Myers. In the end it was the right call, but not sure if how the refs went about it is actually allowed

Refs have always been allowed to switch the player of a penalty if they realize they got the wrong guy, whether it’s after a huddle or a review
29 janv. à 10 h 10
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,650
https://twitter.com/JLStoller/status/1751978606371471576

Chisholm unlikely to go unclaimed

Nice card
29 janv. à 10 h 38
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,277
Quoting: pinslack

Nice card

Most GM's are on vacation this time of year, don't think we see much activity.
29 janv. à 11 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 965

Nice card

Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Most GM's are on vacation this time of year, don't think we see much activity.

I think Chisholm should get claimed as there are many teams that need an offensive D man at the NHL level. Jets held on as long as they could but this appears to be a move to prepare for a Ville Heinola call up soon.
29 janv. à 12 h 35
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,083

Nice card

Hes a Duck
29 janv. à 13 h 30
Hakuna Matata

Nice card

Chicago
29 janv. à 13 h 48
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,277
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Hes a Duck

Chicago

Usually the good players go unclaimed and the depth meh guys get claimed
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
29 janv. à 17 h 19
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Usually the good players go unclaimed and the depth meh guys get claimed

Chicago

Hes a Duck

Quoting: HockeyScotty
I think Chisholm should get claimed as there are many teams that need an offensive D man at the NHL level. Jets held on as long as they could but this appears to be a move to prepare for a Ville Heinola call up soon.

Nice card

Chisholm is a Minnesota Wild, which considering they added Butcher as depth, Spurgeon's out for the year, makes a lot of sense, they have the space and need to test out someone like Chisholm who could be a decent 6/7D with a bit of future upside
HockeyScotty et zk97 a aimé ceci.
29 janv. à 17 h 21
Hes a Duck

Chicago

nope. Minnesota Wild. be interesting to see how he performs there vs Calen Addison
zk97 a aimé ceci.
29 janv. à 17 h 22
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Chisholm is a Minnesota Wild, which considering they added Butcher as depth, Spurgeon's out for the year, makes a lot of sense, they have the space and need to test out someone like Chisholm who could be a decent 6/7D with a bit of future upside

Beat me to it. Yes it is strange that the Wild dumped Addison but then add two lefty offensive blueliners recently
29 janv. à 17 h 56
Modifié 29 janv. à 18 h 5
"It's not that people don't want to play in Cbus, players don't want to play in Cbus for this mgmt group."

I guess frank Seravilli said this. Twitter said he did.

I wonder if he’s referring to jarmo, to the coaching, to the ownership, or what combo of that.

I’ve always thought jarmo was legit.

And decided to revisit his trade history here, for funsies.

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades/staff/jarmo-kekalainen

There are sooo many big deals I forgot about. So many deals…I feel this is too many deals maybe? This seems like a lot when I go look at other gms. There’s the current stuff and it keeps going Duschene, Saad, Panarin, Seth jones it just never ends. The dude needs to have a chill season every once in awhile.
29 janv. à 18 h 0
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,262
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Beat me to it. Yes it is strange that the Wild dumped Addison but then add two lefty offensive blueliners recently

Guerin has gotta be the weirdest GM in the league. Not the worst mind you, just the weirdest.
I can never tell what the plan is or the direction he's moving the team in.
29 janv. à 18 h 41
"It's not that people don't want to play in Cbus, players don't want to play in Cbus for this mgmt group."

I guess frank Seravilli said this. Twitter said he did.

I wonder if he’s referring to jarmo, to the coaching, to the ownership, or what combo of that.

I’ve always thought jarmo was legit.

And decided to revisit his trade history here, for funsies.

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades/staff/jarmo-kekalainen

There are sooo many big deals I forgot about. So many deals…I feel this is too many deals maybe? This seems like a lot when I go look at other gms. There’s the current stuff and it keeps going Duschene, Saad, Panarin, Seth jones it just never ends. The dude needs to have a chill season every once in awhile.

Wouldn’t surprise me if part of it is coaching, considering how Torts is a known hard coach, then you had Larsen, Babcock and Vincent all of them not seeming to work (or not lasting Babcock should’ve never had a job to begin with). I think Jarmo is a good GM but probably past his expiration date in Cbus
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage