SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-24 NHL Season Discussion Thread #1: Here we Go!

31 oct. 2023 à 8 h 37
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,485
So not only did we get our ass kicked by the ****ing coyotes but Michael ****ing Carcone scored a hatrick against us

at least Bedard scored
31 oct. 2023 à 10 h 9
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,840
GM's on the hottest seats right now.

Ottawa Senators
Dorion does A LOT RIGHT. The fact he locked up the entirety of the Sens core (minus Pinto lmfao), to LONG TERM, efficient AAV's wont go unnoticed and will land Dorion another job, plus his other wins (whether it was him or his scouts, or both. They wanted Stu and Sanderson over everyone (belief is they woulda went Sanderson at 3 if Stu was gone over Byfield)).
But he also has misses just as big as his wins. Hindsight is 20/20, you can't fault him for the Talbot saga, but who else is there to blame. Gus the Bus and Wallstedt are going to lead Minny for years as a 1A/ 1B tandem soon. There's some other too short sighted moves like Nick Paul (who would have and wanted to stay in Ottawa), and a few others. Ottawa's new owner is going to have a lot to decide on and it's a coinflip imo whether GMPD survives the year.

Edmonton Oilers
Speaking Jesper Wallstedt, Holland is the opposite of Dorion. Dorion, credit where its due, is "I WANT TO WIN NOW I BELIEVE IN THESE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
Holland is "Yeah we have McDavid and Leon but......eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh maybe we can win now but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...."
Its infuriating lol. Atleast Dorion is pushing as hard as he can. Hollands pick of Xavier B was a long term move, Jesper Wallstedt was the better, and win now selection. Xavier was a safe pick who will be an NHL player, but still won't be for a couple seasons. Wallstedt is on a similar timeline but is already pushing for a back up job. Oh and he has a way higher ceiling, plain and simple. He seems so hesitant on committing, like Ekhom was a fantastic trade, but similar to Dorion, there is so many headscratchers beside it. And if he doesn't help this team soon they may crumble internally. COMMIT TO MOVING CAMPBELL SO HIS TEAM CAN WIN NOW (his bad move btw), imo must happen, It cant wait and pushing this off his immeidate plate is again, a long term move. Not a win now move.

Vegas Golden Knights
Kelly McCrimmon is just literally on fire, dude literally robbed the rest league a few years ago and won a cup as punishment.
MatthewsFan et Tintin a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2023 à 13 h 9
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: yikes
GM's on the hottest seats right now.

Vegas Golden Knights
Kelly McCrimmon is just literally on fire, dude literally robbed the rest league a few years ago and won a cup as punishment.

Also impressive that with all the picks/prospects dealt in deals they keep adding quality guys to the roster that make an impact: (waivers)Mike Amadio, (trade)Brett Howden, (drafted)Paul Cotter, Pavel Dorofeyev, Kaedan Korczak, (FA)Brayden Pachal

And now watch once they call up Grigori Denisenko (who they claimed) come in and produce lol
Pompadour_de_Armstrong et yikes a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2023 à 17 h 10
Bedard23
So far Bedard is scoring at around the same pace I expected from him as a rookie
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 18
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,704
If the Canucks don't blow this mid-3rd-lead, they will have more points than the "superior" Leafs...
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,075
Quoting: McGruff
If the Canucks don't blow this mid-3rd-lead, they will have more points than the "superior" Leafs...

When you got the easier division to be expected. Leafs never are strong in Oct its Nov they always get hot

Last year only lost 1 in regulation and the year before only lost 2 games the entire month

Guess Oct aint their thing but Nov is weird
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 39
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: aadoyle
When you got the easier division to be expected. Leafs never are strong in Oct its Nov they always get hot

Last year only lost 1 in regulation and the year before only lost 2 games the entire month

Guess Oct aint their thing but Nov is weird

Last year...pffffft
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Last year...pffffft

Looking at them they probs will have a strong Nov again as b2b seasons we have seen this before meh Oct strong Nov

They always wake up at the right time

Last year it was after a 0-1-2 Cali roadtrip
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 43
GM CRIME DAWG
Looking at them they probs will have a strong Nov again as b2b seasons we have seen this before meh Oct strong Nov

They always wake up at the right time

Whatever ur on, I'll take a pound.
Good to see Leafs/Pitt/Cal doing well in their 6-degrees of separation.
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Whatever ur on, I'll take a pound.
Good to see Leafs/Pitt/Cal doing well in their 6-degrees of separation.

I just look at the record every month thats all you need to do no drugs required lul

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/leafs-record-by-month-of-october-last-12-years
https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/leafs-record-by-month-of-november-last-12-years

They always are meh in OCT and good in NOV the proofs in the charts lul

Dont get why they love NOV but hey will take it
McGruff a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 47
GM CRIME DAWG
I just look at the record every month thats all you need to do no drugs required lul

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/leafs-record-by-month-of-october-last-12-years

They always are meh in OCT and good in NOV the proofs in the charts lul

Yeah their GFA-KAK for 6000 is awesome in November - NHL should just end it and present them the jock - I mean CUP.
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Yeah their GFA-KAK for 6000 is awesome in November - NHL should just end it and present them the jock - I mean CUP.

Nah funny enough they do better afterwards. Nov is just when they start

I think January or February is when they really peak. March is when they get a headache but than stabilize in April

I dont get them sometimes they just have weird bad months but its always consistent that way

We know when the peaks coming, the slowdown happens, and when they come back up again

Its a bit to predictable sometimes
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 52
GM CRIME DAWG
Nah funny enough they do better afterwards. Nov is just when they start

I think January or February is when they really peak. March is when they get a headache but than stabilize in April

I dont get them sometimes they just have weird bad months but its always consistent that way

We know when the peaks coming, the slowdown happens, and when they come back up again

Its a bit to predictable sometimes

If only they would peak when it counts; if only eh!
1 nov. 2023 à 0 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 1 nov. 2023 à 1 h 5
If only they would peak when it counts; if only eh!

They did vs TBL so thats a start

Build off that for next one

Still super early
1 nov. 2023 à 9 h 27
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
They did vs TBL so thats a start

Build off that for next one

Still super early

i think he is telling your november doesn't matter (its not when it counts, its april/may that we should worry about)
McGruff a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2023 à 10 h 41
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746
Backstrom stepping away from the game and with the history players have with Hip Resurfacing, I'm pretty sure his career is over. Shame it has to end like this, I hope the next time we see him is before the Caps retire his number.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2023 à 10 h 45
Tintin over 1122
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
feel empty inside ngl. dude is apart of your entire childhood and possibly done playing hockey

damn
1 nov. 2023 à 10 h 59
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Modifié 1 nov. 2023 à 13 h 15
Quoting: capsfan2121
feel empty inside ngl. dude is apart of your entire childhood and possibly done playing hockey

damn

hey buddy, you need to find a way to put value in what you do and your own self-worth... creating good relationships with your parents/finding a mentor will help you to stay positive and see the good side of things when they come up. hopefully, you won't feel empty. Hockey is fun, and definitely good exercise but if your buddy isn't going to go pro he might end up benefiting from having extra time to focus on things that will change his life in the future.

If he is your childhood friend I can see why it would suck he is possibly done, but also I am sure you can see why and the benefit that he might get from moving on.

and if he is a hockey player which somehow i seemed to overlook then he is doing it to be with his family and he is done beating up his body celebrate his career and forget about the sad parts. as hard as that can be.
NoVaSpartan, A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2023 à 11 h 1
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746

damn

Come on now man, it sucks but it ain’t that serious…
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2023 à 12 h 14
Bedard23

damn

I feel you
capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2023 à 12 h 32
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,296

damn

It's simply part of being a hockey fan, you'll see legends come and go. Enjoy him for what he did and find someone new to cheer for .
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2023 à 12 h 36
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,503
Ottawa will have to forfeit a first-round pick in one of the next three drafts (its choice) for its role in the aborted 2022 trade of Evgeni Dadonov from Vegas to Anaheim

hahahahaha
AndrewPawlack, NorthernLeafsFan05, yikes and 4 others a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2023 à 12 h 39
18 lotteries, 0 wins
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 751
Quoting: SevenLeg
Ottawa will have to forfeit a first-round pick in one of the next three drafts (its choice) for its role in the aborted 2022 trade of Evgeni Dadonov from Vegas to Anaheim

hahahahaha

yet the hawks can cover up r8pe and get Bedard super cool super awesome
SevenLeg, yikes, A_Habs_fan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2023 à 12 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
i think he is telling your november doesn't matter (its not when it counts, its april/may that we should worry about)

They usually do well in April though to lul

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/toronto-maple-leafs-record-by-month-of-april-last-4-years

Its just to predictable with them

Slow OCT good from NOV-Feb, headache in march, rebound in April

Thats them for 3 years and if you ask why idk why lul

Like last year they went 0-1-2 in a Cali roadtrip than went 11-1-3 in Nov (OT was their weakness lul)
1 nov. 2023 à 13 h 5
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,264
Quoting: Tintin
F9YCespXcAA_Jcs?format=jpg&name=small

Retweet
yikes, McGruff et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option