(ANA/BUF) - 2025 4th (MIN) for Lyubushkin

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

19 août 2023 à 1 h 22
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,510
Quoting: DongLord23
People thought Klingberg would easily fetch a 1st at the deadline. You can just look at the forum on the singing. He didn't even come close to that. Guys aren't guaranteed to get more at the deadline.

Boosh is a bottom pair d man who will be playing 15-16 minutes on a bad team. You want some comparisons at the deadline mr i follow trades?

Robert Hagg for a 6th
Jordie Benn for a 6th
Michael Del Zotto for a 6th

Yea a 6th sounds about right. Getting a 4th back would probably be best case scenario.

ok.... i still fail to see why that klingberg talk is relevant to what i said... i didnt comment on those forums nor did i said he was worth a first? so why bring up someone i didnt talk about? of course there is no guaranteed, like most thing in life, but players are still worth more at the deadline.

and all the guy you mentioned were also not traded in the offseason?

so like do you disagree that players are worth more at the deadline? do you think they are worth more now?
are you saying team were fighting right now to get a bottom 6 dman and that why he was traded for a 4th but at the deadline teams wont want bottom 6th dman so they offer will 6th max? is your whole point that ''there is no guaranteed''?
19 août 2023 à 2 h 34
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 686
Quoting: drambui
ok.... i still fail to see why that klingberg talk is relevant to what i said... i didnt comment on those forums nor did i said he was worth a first? so why bring up someone i didnt talk about? of course there is no guaranteed, like most thing in life, but players are still worth more at the deadline.

so like do you disagree that players are worth more at the deadline? do you think they are worth more now?
are you saying team were fighting right now to get a bottom 6 dman and that why he was traded for a 4th but at the deadline teams wont want bottom 6th dman so they offer will 6th max? is your whole point that ''there is no guaranteed''?

Because Klingberg didn't get a great return at the deadline like people thought he would? His value tanked playing on a bad team. Idk how you missed the point that bad.

I said he was worth probably a 6th rounder and you said guys are worth more at the deadline "in case you don't follow trades".

He's a bottom pair d man who is going to be playing little minutes on a a bad team. He won't be worth that much.
19 août 2023 à 6 h 51
hes dynamite
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 36

You're not really debating in good faith. Your point is literally "trust me bro"
19 août 2023 à 7 h 31
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,277
Buffalo getting value = W
19 août 2023 à 9 h 51
Modifié 19 août 2023 à 9 h 59
Quoting: DongLord23
Because Klingberg didn't get a great return at the deadline like people thought he would? His value tanked playing on a bad team. Idk how you missed the point that bad.

I said he was worth probably a 6th rounder and you said guys are worth more at the deadline "in case you don't follow trades".

He's a bottom pair d man who is going to be playing little minutes on a a bad team. He won't be worth that much.

alright, now i understand the klingberg point. he didnt get expected value as some people would have hoped. still stand by that players are worth more at the deadline.

well i know what you said, but i still dont understand what you think. if your point is that he is worth a 6th. you arr obviously wrong... he was just traded for a 4th. you cant get better proof that that...

are you implying is value was raised cause he was playing on a good buffalo team?
19 août 2023 à 9 h 53
Quoting: TN_T
You're not really debating in good faith. Your point is literally "trust me bro"

and why are you saying that (im legitimitly curious).
19 août 2023 à 9 h 55
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
Good deal for both teams.

Anaheim needs bodies they get one that likes to throw a lot bodies, that can play acceptable level defense, and a be a shoulder for the young players to lean on.

Buffalo gets cap space, and a small tad of value back for a guy they didn't have room for, they have a lot of space to make an addition and accrue cap space for the deadline, to really solidifie their playoff chances.
OldNYIfan et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
19 août 2023 à 11 h 14
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 2,375
It's bold moves like this that will allow the Ducks to create some consistency in achieving similar results to last year.

So they acquired two 3rd pairing dman and give away one.

Absolutely massive boost to one of the worst defense in the league...
19 août 2023 à 12 h 26
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,779
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
While he was probably a potential waiver pickup at start of season, the future 4th that's not even ours is close enough to free.99. Bush didn't earn his paycheck in Buffalo but he's better than replacement quality.

Verbeek playing nice with the other GMs in the sandbox, maybe building a trade relationship with Buffalo. It's still a relationship based profession.

Now hopefully Buff fans will stop sending us Smurf Bryson in ACGMs.

Playing nice with other GMs in the sandbox tears of joy
GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
19 août 2023 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,242
Now we wait and watch if Ana can get first dibs on Timmins, when the Leafs are forced to place him on waivers too.
19 août 2023 à 15 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,024
Quoting: mondo
bring him back to toronto braddy daddy

Not gonna lie I do think we see someone come back but its not him

I got a feeling we may see Bogosian come back

TBL got

Hedman-Perbix
Sergechev-Cernak
De-Haan-Raddysh
Fleury

Now they could just waive Fleury and keep Bogo as the #7 but idk getting a 5th or 6th for him would not be a bad thing would it
19 août 2023 à 19 h 58
McMann Season
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 961
I think it’s pretty fair, although I would’ve thought bush would’ve been retained
19 août 2023 à 20 h 7
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
players are worth more at the deadline, in case you dont follow trades much.

I assume we’re talking strictly about players on expiring contracts here.

It seems counter-intuitive – shouldn’t a player be worth more if you can have him for the whole season rather than just a few months? – but these players generally are worth more at the deadline. By then, the buyer teams know exactly how much cap space they have to play with for the rest of the season. The deadline is their last chance to use this cap space, or it’s gone. It’s also their last chance to improve the team (unless they have a potential star coming out of college). This “use it or lose it” situation creates market demand that pushes prices up. Meanwhile the teams trading away players are usually more willing to retain part of their salary at the deadline, because freeing up additional cap space is of no use to them at that point, nor are their remaining retention slots if they don’t use them. Retention makes the players more valuable to the buyer teams who want to get as much as value as they can out of their available cap space.

That said, the fact that Anaheim is willing to pay a 4th-round pick for Lyubushkin now doesn’t necessarily mean some other team will be willing to give up a 3rd for him at the deadline, even with salary retention. General statements don’t always apply to specific cases. His value at the deadline will be determined by what he does this season and how many of the deadline buyers think they need somebody like him. I think they’re willing to accept the possibility that they might not have a buyer for him at the deadline, because he can help them this season.
HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
19 août 2023 à 20 h 50
Quoting: jr400
I assume we’re talking strictly about players on expiring contracts here.

It seems counter-intuitive – shouldn’t a player be worth more if you can have him for the whole season rather than just a few months? – but these players generally are worth more at the deadline. By then, the buyer teams know exactly how much cap space they have to play with for the rest of the season. The deadline is their last chance to use this cap space, or it’s gone. It’s also their last chance to improve the team (unless they have a potential star coming out of college). This “use it or lose it” situation creates market demand that pushes prices up. Meanwhile the teams trading away players are usually more willing to retain part of their salary at the deadline, because freeing up additional cap space is of no use to them at that point, nor are their remaining retention slots if they don’t use them. Retention makes the players more valuable to the buyer teams who want to get as much as value as they can out of their available cap space.

That said, the fact that Anaheim is willing to pay a 4th-round pick for Lyubushkin now doesn’t necessarily mean some other team will be willing to give up a 3rd for him at the deadline, even with salary retention. General statements don’t always apply to specific cases. His value at the deadline will be determined by what he does this season and how many of the deadline buyers think they need somebody like him. I think they’re willing to accept the possibility that they might not have a buyer for him at the deadline, because he can help them this season.

dont think i could agree more with a statement than your. i believe there is a lot of nuance and to this and its impossible to predict exactly what will happen. and boosh performence will help to dictate his future value for sure.

however, if we go with the scenario that boosh as sort of the same performence, i would say the odds of flipping him for the same value *or* higher is more in their favor. team have more cap space, rentention is more available knows if they are competinng or not, their needs and hole to filss and more roster spot (because of future injuries). I would just go with the fact that there is more buyers and right dman is a espacially wanted position.

but of course not all of that is guaranteed at all. thanks for taking the time to write down your thoughts so well.
jr400 a aimé ceci.
19 août 2023 à 22 h 55
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 162
This is a fair deal.

The Sabres had 24 players on roster prior to the trade. The maximum number of players on the roster is 23. The Sabres benefit from moving a player to be roster legal and create cap space for any player to be acquired during the season.

The Ducks benefit by adding an experienced defenseman with one year remaining on contract with a low risk, low cost trade.
RawDeal et jr400 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2023 à 23 h 41
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
BUF wins. $2.75M is a lot of money for a depth Defenseman. Maybe ANA gets lucky and he ends up being worth the cap hit. But right now, he's worth half and it's a clear W for BUF.
21 août 2023 à 11 h 33
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Thats a very fair trade.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage