SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #1: Beg for Bedard

20 mai 2023 à 23 h 9
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,205
my favourite thing about this website is when someone goes into a signing thread wherein the player's performance has gone against the consensus at their signing (for better or worse, usually better), and mass quotes everyone to rub it in

wish i had the time to dedicate my energy to doing that but i got bills to pay and online arguments to win
20 mai 2023 à 23 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,149
Modifié 21 mai 2023 à 0 h 2
If Denver Nuggets win the NBA championship 99% Arizona Coyotes gonna be moved there and be sold to Walton-Penner Family but then this will cause headaches as were gonna have 2 NHL teams sharing 1 arena

Its gonna be Clippers and Lakers I guess
20 mai 2023 à 23 h 56
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,246
Quoting: aadoyle
If Denver Nuggets win the NBA championship 99% Arizona Coyotes gonna be moved there and be sold to Stan Kroenke but then this will cause headaches as were gonna have 2 NHL teams sharing 1 arena

Its gonna be Clippers and Lakers I guess

2 teams in Denver?!?! That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Denver’s not THAT big
20 mai 2023 à 23 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
2 teams in Denver?!?! That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Denver’s not THAT big

Its not big but I have seen this happen before

LA lakers and clippers

And this owner got some deep pockets in Denver would not surprise me if he gets what he wants. The only other guy who could push this into another state Clark Hunt down in KC (Chiefs owner)
20 mai 2023 à 23 h 59
Saskoiler for now
Its not big but I have seen this happen before

LA lakers and clippers

And this owner got some deep pockets in Denver would not surprise me if he gets what he wants. The only other guy who could push this into another state Clark Hunt down in KC

Yah but LA is wayyyy bigger than Denver…
A_Habs_fan et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 0 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Yah but LA is wayyyy bigger than Denver…

It doesnt have the population but I have been there 2 hockey teams would work just would not be ideal. Would be funny though for NHL scheduling

Better for Clark Hunt to make a bid rather than Walton-Penner Family group. As Kansas city Chiefs owner would be a fine owner for the new Coyotes. As he knows how to get it done
21 mai 2023 à 0 h 38
Saskoiler for now
It doesnt have the population but I have been there 2 hockey teams would work just would not be ideal. Would be funny though for NHL scheduling

Better for Clark Hunt to make a bid rather than Walton-Penner Family group. As Kansas city Chiefs owner would be a fine owner for the new Coyotes. As he knows how to get it done

If any city is getting a second team, it’s Toronto. No other city would support 2 teams.
A_Habs_fan, justaBoss, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 0 h 43
Hakuna Matata
If any city is getting a second team, it’s Toronto. No other city would support 2 teams.

I could see Dallas get 2 as Texas is just a hotbed for teams

4 soccer teams
4 basketball teams
2 baseball teams
2 football teams
1 Cricket team
and 1 hockey team

Get another 2 in there

And it would work well till a Houston Arena would be built
21 mai 2023 à 8 h 48
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 494
Facepalm your looking at it all wrong

Dubas overplayed his hand and got exposed

Monday oh u know my family comes first and I dont know if I want to be GM (Start the seed of doubt)

Thursday give me more money (What happened to Family)

Nah fam u played the family card then shifted to money 3 days later come on if you really wanted to be GM you would have signed that deal on Monday and moved on to conducting business but no u dont say anything till Thursday and go hey gimmie money and probs way to much power for the board to be comfortable with. Shanahan laid it all out there so the media wasnt second guessing things and putting out false stuff here and there. As if he didnt say anything it would have got out there eventually via another source. He gave the media everything they needed and Dubas got unfortunately got exposed.

But hey when you overplay your hand this is often what will happen. Wish him the best but at the same time its business. Former President and GM Doug McLean said it best. Dubas overplayed his hand and the whole situation could have been avoided if he didnt go out there and signed the deal given. But now he got exposed and MLSE pretty much put it out there this is what happened and dont come calling us about anymore details all are laid out there

I entirely agree the situation looks like a negotiating failure by Dubas but Shanahan had no obligation to reveal the contents of things like going to his office, receiving emails, etc. That’s petty af. Keep in mind the source of this entire situation is Brendan Shanahan, who let the gm he picked to go lame duck. All of this would have been avoided if Dubas had job security. Now the Leafs have no gm and have, in my opinion, embarrassed themselves in doing so.

Every time we do things we can choose the high road or the low road.

If I were trelIving, Wilson, Armstrong, the rest of the potentials id tell the MLSE board that I wanted Brendan Shanahan’s role clearly defined, as opposed to now where he is basically the shadow gm who can simply install a fall guy every 5 years. If MLSE board wants shanahan to be the gm then do that. He has exactly 0 experience. From player safety straight to president of hockey ops.

This is great for the league though. Some other team is going to advance their front office from the stone ages to Toronto’s high end by hiring dubas. Many of the reasons players say they want to stay together and play in Toronto is due to the high level support they receive. Also, Shanahan’s actions probably scare away any high end candidate who wants to be the gm instead of a puppet, leaving the good ones for the rest of the league.
21 mai 2023 à 10 h 36
Saskoiler for now

4 soccer teams
4 basketball teams
2 baseball teams
2 football teams
1 Cricket team
and 1 hockey team

Get another 2 in there

Dude, no. Not happening. The only cities with 2 teams in some major sports are NY and LA, and that’s for a reason.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 11 h 10
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 981
Dude, no. Not happening. The only cities with 2 teams in some major sports are NY and LA, and that’s for a reason.

4 soccer teams
4 basketball teams
2 baseball teams
2 football teams
1 Cricket team
and 1 hockey team

Get another 2 in there

Chicago has to be in that category. 2 MLB teams and the Wolves are absolutely one of the most supported AHL (former IHL) teams.

but point taken. As it relates to ice hockey; Toronto metro is for sure the only market outside of NYC and LA Metro areas that can fully support an NHL team.

I'm sure there are cases that could be made for Montreal, Boston, Minneapolis/St. Paul but the media markets and the corporate centers would be diluted too much.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 11 h 52
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,108
I’m honored to announce that I’ve made it on TSN’s ridiculous fan trades (starts at 28 min)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x2A0HORbgQk&t=1723s&pp=ygUPdHNuIGNhcGZyaWVuZGx5
zk97, Saskleaf et CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 12 h 9
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,576
Quoting: Db1899
I’m honored to announce that I’ve made it on TSN’s ridiculous fan trades (starts at 28 min)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x2A0HORbgQk&t=1723s&pp=ygUPdHNuIGNhcGZyaWVuZGx5

they did NOT give you mercy by putting your username in there with the title lmao
BigBallsBriere, Db1899, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 12 h 9
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Chicago has to be in that category. 2 MLB teams and the Wolves are absolutely one of the most supported AHL (former IHL) teams.

but point taken. As it relates to ice hockey; Toronto metro is for sure the only market outside of NYC and LA Metro areas that can fully support an NHL team.

I'm sure there are cases that could be made for Montreal, Boston, Minneapolis/St. Paul but the media markets and the corporate centers would be diluted too much.

Chicago could possibly fit the bill yes, but in general the NHL does not need 2 team cities unless it’s Toronto. Just doesn’t make sense with all the other options out there. Like why would you put a second team in Dallas when Houston is right there lol
21 mai 2023 à 12 h 12
Quoting: zk97
they did NOT give you mercy by putting your username in there with the title lmao

Ceci for a 6th gets the TSN guys riled up
Saskleaf, zk97 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 12 h 25
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 12 h 26
Respect Mike Grier
Quoting: Db1899
Ceci for a 6th gets the TSN guys riled up

I think you were the only person's name to be leaked too lmao.

Must be Bo Horvat stans
Saskleaf, Db1899 et Tintin a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 12 h 34
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,301

IIHF is a W
Eissportclub, Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 12 h 41
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
I think you were the only person's name to be leaked too lmao.

Must be Bo Horvat stans

Yeah I found out because someone watched the video and commented on the thread a few hours ago lol
21 mai 2023 à 14 h 22
Respect Mike Grier

Cutter Gauthier elite
NorthernLeafsFan05 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 14 h 40
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,126

Cutter Gauthier elite

Him and Frank Nazar are some of my favorite prospects from that draft class. Gauthier rules
21 mai 2023 à 15 h 3
Respect Mike Grier
Quoting: Nathaniel
Him and Frank Nazar are some of my favorite prospects from that draft class. Gauthier rules

I did a lazy review of Gauthier because he got a lot of hype in the end and I was kinda done with the draft by that point. So I was lower on him.

But so far, I've been completely wrong about him. Tbf I think a lot of people either had him at the top or were in a similar view as me.

I thibk his game perfectly fits what the Flyers are looking for stylistically. He's big, fast, and can score off transition. I think if the Flyers can get Benson this year that can be a very good combo.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 15 h 8
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,126
I did a lazy review of Gauthier because he got a lot of hype in the end and I was kinda done with the draft by that point. So I was lower on him.

But so far, I've been completely wrong about him. Tbf I think a lot of people either had him at the top or were in a similar view as me.

I thibk his game perfectly fits what the Flyers are looking for stylistically. He's big, fast, and can score off transition. I think if the Flyers can get Benson this year that can be a very good combo.

My lord Benson / Gauthier would be a nightmare
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 17 h 28
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983

What is your favourite teams best draft class (as far bask as 2000)

2006 NHL Entry Draft

13. Jiri Tlusty
44. Nikolay Kulemin
99. James Reimer
111. Korbinian Holzer
161. Viktor Stalberg
180. Leo Komarov
Eissportclub a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 17 h 35
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,273
Quoting: MatthewsFan
What is your favourite teams best draft class (as far bask as 2000)

2006 NHL Entry Draft

13. Jiri Tlusty
44. Nikolay Kulemin
99. James Reimer
111. Korbinian Holzer
161. Viktor Stalberg
180. Leo Komarov

Too many to choose from for the Devils, especially the 00s.
Between 2004-2010 the Devils walked away with a net total of Travis Zajac, Adam Henrique and 30 something computer generated names.
Who says Lou can't draft?

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage