SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #1: Beg for Bedard

19 mai 2023 à 15 h 40
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,303
Quoting: Juiceman
On paper the roster was stacked. Also, he only handed out big contracts to the core players. I can't remember many players he overpaid.

Overpaid those core players and then dealt with major cap problems due to it. Marner/Nylander/Matthews should've never received those contracts.
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 44
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Overpaid those core players and then dealt with major cap problems due to it. Marner/Nylander/Matthews should've never received those contracts.

Marner and Tavares are too expensive but Nylander and Matthews are definitely worth those contracts
19 mai 2023 à 16 h 18
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554

It's more no other team had that much cap space focused on four forwards. The players themselves and their contracts are fine. If the Avalanche had Mac, Rantanen, Landeskog and Burakovsky making 40 mil during their run, they wouldnt have a 9.5 mil dollar defensemen in Makar, maybe its Toews and Byram. If Tampa had Stamkos, Kucherov, Point and Cirelli making 40 mil they wouldn't have a 9.5 mil dollar goalie during their run, maybe another UFA goalie. Dubas put himself in a corner and did an amazing job but its a lesson to the league that it won't work at least with where the cap is right now.
CantStopWontStop et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 16 h 30
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983

How dare he not see a global pandemic that would flatten the cap right after he signed his core.

FXpsfYxUUAANUl_?format=png&name=900x900

Such a terrible take
Tintin, zk97, BigBallsBriere and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 17 h 28
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607

This is what the world wants tbh
19 mai 2023 à 17 h 35
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607

They forgetting that they're an NHL team fr
zk97, A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 17 h 43
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,275
FwgAFUZWwAEBmjX?format=jpg&name=small
the team that's been around less than two years is one win behind a team that's been in the league 23 years.
As a hockey community, we aren't dunking on the Wild's lack of success nearly enough.

Also, Bob and MAF being featured twice on here is kinda badass.
BigBallsBriere et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 17 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,158
Marner and Tavares are too expensive but Nylander and Matthews are definitely worth those contracts

Even Marner's worth his contract as if we look at play vs value per stat charts hes should be a 13mill player
19 mai 2023 à 17 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Db1899
Shanahan is an idiot

Hes not if u understand the basics.

Dubas wanted to be GM but his idiot agent kept pushing things to far in terms of asking for $$$$$ and probs other things to where the president went enough im done bye

As lets be real if Dubas wanted to extend would have happened in April as negotiations started in March
19 mai 2023 à 17 h 52
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,112
Quoting: aadoyle

Dubas wanted to be GM but his idiot agent kept pushing things to far in terms of asking for $$$$$ and probs other things to where the president went enough im done bye

As lets be real if Dubas wanted to extend would have happened in April as negotiations started in March

Shanahan let his ego get in the way and wouldn’t let Dubas have full autonomy.
19 mai 2023 à 17 h 59
Hakuna Matata

Not even close think of it like this u give into the agents demand for more money what's to stop them from asking for more money afterwards.

Limits are there for a reason and they probs bent to his demand for more once or twice already. The agent screwed it up. Should have taken the final deal offered. Shanahan was happy with the moves Dubas made and there was no need for more autonomy as Dubas was allowed to make almost every move he wanted. Only the hagel trade was blocked
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 7
Ovchinnikov 137

I put blame on both sides, if they had talks in the offseason, both sides should have just come to an agreement and Dubas should have never come into this season without an extension.

And Kyle should not have come back asking for more money/autonomy after having a deal in principle in place on Monday.

It is just a brutal way to end this, Kyle did a lot of good for the organization as a whole.
Db1899, Saskleaf et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I put blame on both sides, if they had talks in the offseason, both sides should have just come to an agreement and Dubas should have never come into this season without an extension.

And Kyle should not have come back asking for more money/autonomy after having a deal in principle in place on Monday.

It is just a brutal way to end this, Kyle did a lot of good for the organization as a whole.

Yep like yea if I was him take that Monday deal and were good but once again agent probs decided hey I can poke the bear till it snaps. But at the same time MLSE waited to long for a deal. Should have been finished after TDL

Anyways I trust Pridham to make a good impression and probs get leaf gm job by July. As once he extends Matthews it's instant promotion
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 15
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,993
Quoting: Tintin
FwgAFUZWwAEBmjX?format=jpg&name=small
the team that's been around less than two years is one win behind a team that's been in the league 23 years.
As a hockey community, we aren't dunking on the Wild's lack of success nearly enough.

Also, Bob and MAF being featured twice on here is kinda badass.

The Wild are the definition of mid
Eissportclub et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 21
Ovchinnikov 137
Lmfao this was only 3 weeks ago 😢

FwgOk-TXoAI6L2k?format=jpg&name=large

family-guy-sinking-ship.gif
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 37
SHL NJD GM
Mentions "j'aime": 17,443
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR

They forgetting that they're an NHL team fr

Bruh, what a joke of an org, your franchise is in absolute shambles and that's what you decide to put out, come on
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 2
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,457
Quoting: MatthewsFan
How dare he not see a global pandemic that would flatten the cap right after he signed his core.

FXpsfYxUUAANUl_?format=png&name=900x900

Such a terrible take

I know Dangle has been banging this drum lately, but Kyle didn't adjust once the flat cap backed him into a corner. He stayed the course, for better or worse, and now the Leafs en masse are looking at a conversation that should have been more seriously considered two or three years ago but without the wonderkid running the show. Maybe Prittham is quality, maybe Shanahan is ready to pull the trigger on Chiarelli.

With the benefit of hindsight, I really think the point of no return was getting bounced by Columbus in the bubble. Wholly unacceptable and names should have been taken and shot at sunrise. It made the most sense then to move Marner and Reilly given the time that was left on Matthews' and Nylander's deals. Keep the centermen and the cheap winger. Now, the easiest piece to move is likely Matthews because of the lack of term.

I dont envy the incumbent of the Maple Leafs. Hopefully they can arrange the second-ever sign-and-trade in league history, because that feels like the only outcome where the Leafs can walk away as partial winners, even if you're likely losing EVERY Matthews trade on the market. Maybe Philly makes sense if he extends.
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 5
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,457
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Bruh, what a joke of an org, your franchise is in absolute shambles and that's what you decide to put out, come on

I had to remind a personal friend of this yesterday because of the poll their PR team put out, but consider the following:

Should the staff for the Coyotes actively be cheering for their jobs to be relocated to another state? Will that position still be theirs in the event of a relocation?

Blame the league and ownership. Blame the entirety of Phoenix if you must but I really don't understand the vitriol the Coyotes PR team has had to tolerate lately. Real people are going to lose jobs in the event of the team shipping up to Houston. I can't imagine that's a great feeling.
Eissportclub a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 8
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I know Dangle has been banging this drum lately, but Kyle didn't adjust once the flat cap backed him into a corner. He stayed the course, for better or worse, and now the Leafs en masse are looking at a conversation that should have been more seriously considered two or three years ago but without the wonderkid running the show. Maybe Prittham is quality, maybe Shanahan is ready to pull the trigger on Chiarelli.

With the benefit of hindsight, I really think the point of no return was getting bounced by Columbus in the bubble. Wholly unacceptable and names should have been taken and shot at sunrise. It made the most sense then to move Marner and Reilly given the time that was left on Matthews' and Nylander's deals. Keep the centermen and the cheap winger. Now, the easiest piece to move is likely Matthews because of the lack of term.

I dont envy the incumbent of the Maple Leafs. Hopefully they can arrange the second-ever sign-and-trade in league history, because that feels like the only outcome where the Leafs can walk away as partial winners, even if you're likely losing EVERY Matthews trade on the market. Maybe Philly makes sense if he extends.

I’d say the MTL series ONE of the core needed to be traded or better yet last year when you had Bruce Cassidy and Pete DeBoer available, because a coaching change was needed.

This was a completely avoidable situation that happened
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 13
Ex Nucks fan

6 mil for a GM doesn't seem unreasonable, especially when they sign off paying 4 players 40+ million dollars
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 14
Hakuna Matata
6 mil for a GM doesn't seem unreasonable, especially when they sign off paying 4 players 40+ million dollars

And what's to stop the agent from going did I say 6mill give him 10mill. Have to be firm

Players are paid for a reason dubas being the highest paid Gm with okay results would not have sat well
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 15
Ex Nucks fan
And what's to stop the agent from going did I say 6mill give him 10mill. Have to be firm

I'm pretty sure a GM knows how contract negotiation works. They compromise and find a way to make a deal that works for both sides.......
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I had to remind a personal friend of this yesterday because of the poll their PR team put out, but consider the following:

Should the staff for the Coyotes actively be cheering for their jobs to be relocated to another state? Will that position still be theirs in the event of a relocation?

Blame the league and ownership. Blame the entirety of Phoenix if you must but I really don't understand the vitriol the Coyotes PR team has had to tolerate lately. Real people are going to lose jobs in the event of the team shipping up to Houston. I can't imagine that's a great feeling.

Bettman needs to go
Eissportclub a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 30
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,993
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 20 h 7
Dubas wasn't the problem at all, the real problem was Matthews and Marner cared more about their pre-game wardrobe and their social media presence then winning
Saskleaf et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 28
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,303
Quoting: oilersguy
Dubas wasn't the problem at all, the real problem was Matthews and Marner cared more about their pre-game wardrobe and their social media presence then winning

I mean that's still on Dubas. He has the power to trade them if he seems fit. Also think Keefe is a major problem, dude gets outcoached every year in the playoffs and refuses to make changes.
oilersguy et zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage