Quoting: Db1899
Put some respect on his name

Wait hes back in the league I thought he went to Europe interesting
17 déc. 2022 à 23 h 22
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,115
Quoting: aadoyle
Wait hes back in the league I thought he went to Europe interesting

He played for Arizona last season , isles signed him to a two way deal in the offseason. good bottom 6 winger, don’t know why he never got more of a chance in the NHL
aadoyle et zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2022 à 23 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,189
He played for Arizona last season , isles signed him to a two way deal in the offseason. good bottom 6 winger, don’t know why he never got more of a chance in the NHL

Had no idea he was still here thought he went to KHL 2 years ago or something
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2022 à 23 h 26
Had no idea he was still here thought he went to KHL 2 years ago or something

I had never heard of him before this season lol, better than the entire isles 4th line
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2022 à 23 h 41
Hakuna Matata

If it gets the league more money which means more cap $$$$$$$ sure
zk97, imawesome, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2022 à 23 h 42
Hakuna Matata

So Hughes is available at the right price NJ your up

@Devil @NHLfan10506

Reunite the Bros wink
Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan, NHLfan10506 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2022 à 23 h 55
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,438

So Hughes is available at the right price NJ your up

Devil NHLfan10506

Reunite the Bros wink

Hughes is coming to NJ as a UFA anyways
17 déc. 2022 à 23 h 55
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Devil

Why wait go get him now
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 5
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027
Quoting: Devil

In 4 and a half years.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 18
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914
Any of my Montreal friends on here want to drive down to Burlington on February 11th, pick me up, and smuggle me across the border to the Montreal vs. NYI game, and bring me back?
(This is 99.9% a joke)
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 20
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,685
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Any of my Montreal friends on here want to drive down to Burlington on February 11th, pick me up, and smuggle me across the border to the Montreal vs. NYI game, and bring me back?
(This is 99.9% a joke)

Why would you come....for a Habs - Isles game.
Saskleaf, zk97 et Sklikly a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 22
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,685

If it gets the league more money which means more cap $$$$$$$ sure

What do we do now..,I thought we do it that way w/82 games.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 26
Rutta 4ever
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Why would you come....for a Habs - Isles game.

Gonna be in Burlington for separate reasons. Might as well go if I can secure a ride lol

UVM isn't in town, so I'll be having hockey withdraws
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
What do we do now..,I thought we do it that way w/82 games.

I have no idea the diff if someone knows explain. My guess probs like an extra game vs a team within division so like for Tampa 2 games against OTT and MTL or BOS and DET
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 32
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,516

Devil, zk97 et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 0 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: SevenLeg

How much is a jersey again

And with the above news man more I got a feeling more coming
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 1 h 5
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,502
I love these people in the AGMs who imagine that UFA retention and dumps are free at the deadline. Setting aside the whole thing where they ignore the money part because "it's not that much", lemme make it real simple:

Can you fit that player you're asking for under the cap without the retention and/or dump? No? Well, guess what. That has value in the trade, and you can bet your ass ANY GM worth a damn will charge for it. Nobody exists to fund your Cup desires. How hard is this?

Class dismissed.
18 déc. 2022 à 2 h 23
do not Devil my ass
Mentions "j'aime": 4,280
Quoting: mokumboi
I love these people in the AGMs who imagine that UFA retention and dumps are free at the deadline. Setting aside the whole thing where they ignore the money part because "it's not that much", lemme make it real simple:

Can you fit that player you're asking for under the cap without the retention and/or dump? No? Well, guess what. That has value in the trade, and you can bet your ass ANY GM worth a damn will charge for it. Nobody exists to fund your Cup desires. How hard is this?

Class dismissed.

thanks, teach
mokumboi et zk97 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 3 h 43
mokumboi
Quoting: Tintin
thanks, teach

No sweat. Doesn't actually apply to you, though. Those who it applies to know who it applies to.
18 déc. 2022 à 4 h 51
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,485

Class dismissed.

They're not free per se, but come with a much reduced cost compared to offseason.

Eating a contract in order to seal a deal that benefits both a seller and buyer isn't really hurting anyone, if we're talking about remainder of the year dumps. Worst case scenario, the buyer needs to look for cheaper alternatives (especially when the cap is tough) and the seller might lose a favorable deal for future.

For instance, let's say WSH is out of the playoff race by the deadline, and want to recoup some futures for the forthcoming draft(s). Dallas here offers a first round pick and a prospect for Orlov, who's contract runs out on July, but they need to give the remaining 4 months of Khudobin's contract for WSH to make the cap work? Does that really hurt them in any way on a longer scale? Not in the slightest.

This happens in a more roundabout way too when teams are getting paid with picks to retain salary. Usually the amount comes to 1,5 mil or under, and the price for that is a 5th round pick or something effectively similar. I could understand that being the compensatory amount for taking rest of the season's worth of dead cap, but if Caps demanded Stars to give a 2nd rounder just to drop Orlov (as that is likely the price dumping Dobby would've cost during offseason), that deal will no doubt die a miserable and needless death.

Especially now that the cap is so tight league wide, I kind of expect to see lots of trades involving meh contracts as add-ons simply because the deals would be almost impossible to do without including them. Dead cap/cap balancing type of action.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 9 h 12
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,541
How much is a jersey again

And with the above news man more I got a feeling more coming

Minimum of 100$
18 déc. 2022 à 9 h 56
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,310

Class dismissed.

The thing with this is that the vast majority of buying teams are tight against the cap and therefore the market for rental players at full price is diminished. They physically can't make it work. If it were just a few teams that were in that situation, then sure, you could squeeze them or say your gonna take your business elsewhere, but there's really nowhere else to turn right now. True enough it's no one else's job to fund your Cup aspirations, but it is their job to do what's best for their own organization. Are they gonna let deals fall apart and see valuable assets walk without recouping anything rather than doing what needs to be done to make the deal work? You might be able to get something extra thrown in, but it very likely won't be much. The leverage just isn't there.
18 déc. 2022 à 11 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502

He was really effective and popular in Tucson. He sometimes looked good in shifts with the big club in Arizona, but more often looked like a warm body with low effort in his NHL time.

Good for him if he's figured it out, but I would not bet on it.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 11 h 31
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
He was really effective and popular in Tucson. He sometimes looked good in shifts with the big club in Arizona, but more often looked like a warm body with low effort in his NHL time.

Good for him if he's figured it out, but I would not bet on it.

He has played in 4 games for the isles, and he’s been a puck possession monster on every shift. Did not expect it at all. Maybe he realizes this might be his last opportunity to stick in the nhl
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2022 à 11 h 31
mokumboi
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
The thing with this is that the vast majority of buying teams are tight against the cap and therefore the market for rental players at full price is diminished. They physically can't make it work. If it were just a few teams that were in that situation, then sure, you could squeeze them or say your gonna take your business elsewhere, but there's really nowhere else to turn right now. True enough it's no one else's job to fund your Cup aspirations, but it is their job to do what's best for their own organization. Are they gonna let deals fall apart and see valuable assets walk without recouping anything rather than doing what needs to be done to make the deal work? You might be able to get something extra thrown in, but it very likely won't be much. The leverage just isn't there.

Okaaay, but teams will pay for dumps and retention. Obviously. Anyway, only a few teams are in a worse cap situation than the Leafs. And there are teams in playoff spots right now that do have some cap space. There's a lot more leverage than there is panic that they have to make a bad trade or suffer. It's December, guy. And the Blues aren't in sell mode (a ka the original leverage point). None of these pie in the sky "we have you over a barrel" trades are happening. Nobody is giving away stars they're still using themselves for chicken feed because something something something. But try telling that to some folks around here...
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage