SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread - Round One, Fight!

3 mai 2022 à 0 h 54
Thank you Pavelski
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,505
Quoting: Brian2016
This LAK team is super scrappy. Totally inferior from a talent perspective.

As I once said in the previous thread, this series has all the makings of a redo of the TB-CBJ from 2019.
Ajp_18, aadoyle et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 0 h 54
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,010
Quoting: Brian2016
It's like he can't help himself. Like every fiber of his being is telling him to play the puck up the middle at the worst possible time.

he is a good puck handler so he does it a lot should based of the law of probability he is going to mess up on it more then other goalies because of how much more he puck handles
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 0 h 55
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,715
Hawkey Mantra 101:
"It's not a serious playoff problem until you lose one on home ice"
A_Habs_fan, Devil, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 0 h 55
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,969
lol classic oiLers, losing to the worst team in the playoffs at home, when their opponent is missing their best D and 3rd best goal scorer
MitchMarner_16, Saskleaf et yikes a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 0 h 56
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,369
Quoting: justaBoss
As I once said in the previous thread, this series has all the makings of a redo of the TB-CBJ from 2019.

I thought it was gonna be Florida vs. Washington as the way Florida has all these new found successes it screamed uh oh exit like Tampa after they tied the NHL win record 2 years ago

LA vs. EDM screams Quick found a time machine but your notion could also occur

I know he let 3 in but man did he look good

36 of 39 saved with a 0.923.
Brian2016 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 0 h 56

This would imply that the Oilers are Tampa Bay, but I can assure you they are several stratospheres worse.
3 mai 2022 à 0 h 58
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,643
Recap of Tonight’s games:

-Tampa offense and PP doodoo

-Marner revenge tour?

-McDavid good, Mike Smith bad

-Jared Spurgeon certified goon

-Minnesota Mild post “exhilarating” playoff opening game
justaBoss, Devil, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 0 h 58
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 5,010
Quoting: Alfie11
lol classic oiLers, losing to the worst team in the playoffs at home, when their opponent is missing their best D and 3rd best goal scorer

I can't wait for the fLames to implode in the offseason it will be a treat to watch
3 mai 2022 à 0 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 3 mai 2022 à 1 h 12
Man today was a good playoff day

2 shutouts
1 hat trick
A 1 vs. 1 SHG
Witnessed PK of the year candidate
Famous Steve Dangle quote happened twice
And we saw a Prius bank a puck off some guys helmet to score
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 0 h 59
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,532

Yeah it's a big mismatch on paper. I think it'll be a long series.
3 mai 2022 à 1 h 1
Démarrer sujet
LIVIN ON A PRAYER
Mentions "j'aime": 6,479
Quoting: oilersguy
he is a good puck handler so he does it a lot should based of the law of probability he is going to mess up on it more then other goalies because of how much more he puck handles

Goalies. Tend. The. Goal.

If he can't quit making it all about himself then Mike Smith quickly needs to find himself at the business end of a bucket of popcorn in the press box. He's not a good puck handler. He's an excessive puck handler. He does it again and I swear to God I'll blow his knee out.
MitchMarner_16 et yikes a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 1 h 5
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,715
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

If he can't quit making it all about himself then Mike Smith quickly needs to find himself at the business end of a bucket of popcorn in the press box. He's not a good puck handler. He's an excessive puck handler. He does it again and I swear to God I'll blow his knee out.

Blowing his knee out won't do squat-sheet!
Gotta saw the legs off his rocking chair - thus the knees will buckle freely from said sawing...
BeterChiarelli et yikes a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 1 h 6
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

I wonder do they go Koskinen game 2 or put Smith on a tight leash where if he does that again its quick pull put Koskinen in and go with him the remaining games.

As Smith is a good puck mover but sometimes he goes to soon or makes a bad decision with handling the puck and it comes to bite him.
3 mai 2022 à 1 h 18
I can't wait for the fLames to implode in the offseason it will be a treat to watch

lol projecting much? Maybe win a playoff game first
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 5 h 59
Thank you Pavelski
Mentions "j'aime": 31,505
Quoting: Alfie11
This would imply that the Oilers are Tampa Bay, but I can assure you they are several stratospheres worse.

No but they're still clear favorites.
3 mai 2022 à 6 h 43
SHL NJD GM
Mentions "j'aime": 17,527
Man, my bracket’s already suffering, Leafs played great yesterday, can’t afford to have them keep it up for the rest of the series, can’t have my cup winner lose in round 1. At least Carolina and STL won
Devil a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 7 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,535
I should’ve known with Minny, they’re still a mediocre 2nd round exit at best team
3 mai 2022 à 7 h 43
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,452
I was expecting the best games to be yesterday however 3/4 of them were blowouts

Im not too excited for the games today but we'll see
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 7 h 54
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,343
Quoting: Devil
I was expecting the best games to be yesterday however 3/4 of them were blowouts

Im not too excited for the games today but we'll see

Atlantic Division = Face of the NHL
A_Habs_fan, zk97, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 8 h 46
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,756
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Leafs Edition

Round 1, Game 1

Leafs win, 5-0 over the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-Here we are. The beginning of the playoffs. This is what we’ve been waiting for. I’m ready to be hurt again, but at the same time, I have a lot of faith. Let’s-a go!

-Out of everyone to score the first goal of the 2022 playoffs, I did not expect it to be Jake Muzzin who scored it. That was a wonderful shot from the blue line.

-Auston “Jesus Christ” Matthews takes a ripper of a one timer from the faceoff circle to put the Leafs up 2-0!

-David Kampf had a big breakaway shorthanded and wristed it behind Vasilevskiy! Victor Hedman seemed to be moving in slow motion after the puck hit his leg.

-Kampf was SUPER hype after scoring that one. He put a lot of extra emphasis on the “F*CK” in “F*CK YEAH”.

-This second period just gets better and better after Mitch Marner takes a wide-open shot from right in the slot. Two things:

1) It seemed like Mitch was holding on to that one for an eternity before he shot it.

2) Vasi was WAAAAAAYY out of position. Not near as bad as Petr Mrazek, but still concerning. He had three guys screening him, and two of those three were his own teammates (Ryan McDonagh and Pat Maroon). Lol.

-The Great Wall of Soup has made great save after great save all game long. Yep, he’s getting paid ALL of the money this off-season.

-That’s a dang it. Andrei Vasilevskiy does a very not Andrei Vasilevskiy thing and gives Auston Matthews a costly turnover. This thing is pretty much finished.

-A HUGE BRAWL AFTER THAT, THOUGH! REILLY VS. MAROON! BLACKWELL VS. RUTTA! LLLLLLLLLET’S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!

-nobody truly won, and a few players got sent off. This has to be the first legit fight I’ve seen in a while, though. The Jackets didn’t give me that.

-For game 1, the Leafs looked great. That is the exact same thing that everyone said about the Leafs in game 1 of the 2018 series against Boston. And we ALL know how THAT series ended.

Hopefully the Leafs keep this going for the next three games.
zk97, capsfan2121, MitchMarner_16 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 8 h 58
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: mondo
Durzi gotta step up this series and make an impact.

Im banking on it, picked him in fantasy
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 8 h 59
McDavid and Drai both with huge goals already after all u guys said they were gonna disappear, I told u that this isn't Tippets Oilers

As a leaf fan, I can speak with more experience than I wish, but one game doesn't make the series. And unfortunately, if McDavid and Drai turn it on all series (i hope for your sake they do), they still wont win and it will prove that edmonton is still a 2 player team.
capsfan2121 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 4
Quoting: Bobcat205
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Leafs Edition

Round 1, Game 1

Leafs win, 5-0 over the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-Here we are. The beginning of the playoffs. This is what we’ve been waiting for. I’m ready to be hurt again, but at the same time, I have a lot of faith. Let’s-a go!

-Out of everyone to score the first goal of the 2022 playoffs, I did not expect it to be Jake Muzzin who scored it. That was a wonderful shot from the blue line.

-Auston “Jesus Christ” Matthews takes a ripper of a one timer from the faceoff circle to put the Leafs up 2-0!

-David Kampf had a big breakaway shorthanded and wristed it behind Vasilevskiy! Victor Hedman seemed to be moving in slow motion after the puck hit his leg.

-Kampf was SUPER hype after scoring that one. He put a lot of extra emphasis on the “F*CK” in “F*CK YEAH”.

-This second period just gets better and better after Mitch Marner takes a wide-open shot from right in the slot. Two things:

1) It seemed like Mitch was holding on to that one for an eternity before he shot it.

2) Vasi was WAAAAAAYY out of position. Not near as bad as Petr Mrazek, but still concerning. He had three guys screening him, and two of those three were his own teammates (Ryan McDonagh and Pat Maroon). Lol.

-The Great Wall of Soup has made great save after great save all game long. Yep, he’s getting paid ALL of the money this off-season.

-That’s a dang it. Andrei Vasilevskiy does a very not Andrei Vasilevskiy thing and gives Auston Matthews a costly turnover. This thing is pretty much finished.

-A HUGE BRAWL AFTER THAT, THOUGH! REILLY VS. MAROON! BLACKWELL VS. RUTTA! LLLLLLLLLET’S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!

-nobody truly won, and a few players got sent off. This has to be the first legit fight I’ve seen in a while, though. The Jackets didn’t give me that.

-For game 1, the Leafs looked great. That is the exact same thing that everyone said about the Leafs in game 1 of the 2018 series against Boston. And we ALL know how THAT series ended.

Hopefully the Leafs keep this going for the next three games.

Something was wrong with tampa last night. They looked just awful. I cant remember who said it on here but someone said they stumbled into the playoffs and i feel like that couldnt be more true. Leafs manhandled them last night
zk97, Bobcat205, A_Habs_fan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 7
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,756
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Something was wrong with tampa last night. They looked just awful. I cant remember who said it on here but someone said they stumbled into the playoffs and i feel like that couldnt be more true. Leafs manhandled them last night

download-11.jpg

heehee, that was me!

I would expect them to look a hell of a lot better in Game 2. This is a fluke.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 11
Quoting: Bobcat205
download-11.jpg

heehee, that was me!

I would expect them to look a hell of a lot better in Game 2. This is a fluke.

Hahaha was it?? nice.

I mean they better. Leafs can either sit back and let tampa tie it, or take a 2-0 lead and ride the momentum
zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage