Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,192
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Ritchie = 4th to dump
Lybushkin = 3rd
Dzingel = 5th.
Toronto fleeces coyotes

I agree.
DucharmetheDOMinator, capsfan2121, drewjenkins and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 3
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,695
Plan the parade & sorry TBL you lose now.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 5
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 769
2nd round pick > 3rd round pick
capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 5
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
That wont be enough to beat Florida or Tampa.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 8
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
lol toronto dumped ritchie and somehow came out on top. incredible.
capsfan2121, MadLin27, drewjenkins and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 11
Big Dawg JT
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 455
The best part is that the Yotes won't exist in 2025... All it took was a THIRD.
capsfan2121, KSIxSKULLS, MadLin27 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 11
Canes hockey.
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 344
I really like this for the leafs, I'm shocked they only had to give up an late 2nd and a player that wasn't working for good depth options they critically need. It's not a fleece but it's clear who won the trade
capsfan2121, MadLin27 et Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 12
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Quoting: LaffsFan
The best part is that the Yotes won't exist in 2025... All it took was a THIRD.

🤣🤣
KSIxSKULLS et Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 16
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

IMO it's 3 throwaway players. None of these players are impact NHL players.

Toronto is giving up a 2nd/3rd round pick in exchange for 1.3 Million next year (Since Ritchie can simply be buried). IMO not worth it, but that's what happens when you're on the cap limit.

They are solid depth acquisitions.
Lyubushkin in particular is definitely not a "throw away" player. He'll add important elements to the leafs D
LaffsFan, ricochetii, drewjenkins and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 18
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: MadLin27
They are solid depth acquisitions.
Lyubushkin in particular is definitely not a "throw away" player. He'll add important elements to the leafs D

Maybe, but other than being a pure shutdown defender, he doesn't bring much. Considering Keefe's system revolves around speed and transition, Ilya won't fit very well. Maybe Keefe can rebuild him, but if he's the same player he was on Arizona, he won't be anything more than a 7th defender.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 18
No regretzkys
Adding two depth pieces, while getting rid of a bad contract for next year when cap space is scarce, and giving up a pick that realistically wouldn't become an NHL player until at least 2028...
Dubas isn't perfect, but I find his moves are always calculated and very smart. Love the trade
drewjenkins et Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 18
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,824
I like it for Arizona.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 20
No regretzkys
Maybe, but other than being a pure shutdown defender, he doesn't bring much. Considering Keefe's system revolves around speed and transition, Ilya won't fit very well. Maybe Keefe can rebuild him, but if he's the same player he was on Arizona, he won't be anything more than a 7th defender.

We'll see... I personally applaud Dubas' ability to add depth, rid ourselves of a bad contract, and give up a pick that won't be an impact NHL player until 2028...
KSIxSKULLS, drewjenkins et Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 24
WentWughes
We'll see... I personally applaud Dubas' ability to add depth, rid ourselves of a bad contract, and give up a pick that won't be an impact NHL player until 2028...

I guess we just think differently. I don't see Dzingel or Ilya as productive players, they will simply exist and not provide a whole lot. Getting rid of a bad contract that's only costing you 1.3 Million next year goes to show how bad Toronto's cap situation is, that's the result of bad cap management rather than a bad contract. Throwing away another 2nd round pick on a team that's constantly trading away picks/prospects usually doesn't result in great results long term (especially considering Toronto has won 0 playoff series while doing so). I'm more Anal about asset management, but if you're okay with taking asset L's, I guess it doesn't matter as long as you're winning in the regular season.
Playersoverpayed a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 26
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,686
I thought Ritchie would take a second rounder to get of, due to so few buyers to take on cap. But to get expiring contract Luby is handy, and Dzingel, don't know how much he fits the Leafs at wing.
Think it's a good deal for the Leafs, but Dubas and friends made a horrendous signing of Ritchie last summer when the Leafs were going to be cap strapped this season and especially next season.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 26
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,695
Mrs. Ritchie, I know-I know, I said I'd look after your little boy! Mrs. Ritchie are you still there? Mrs. Ritchieeeeee................!!!!!

Capture_d%C3%A9cran_2019-06-23_%C3%A0_09.13.47.png
capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 29
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091

I'm Jealous... I wish Montreal did this trade

I kind of wanted to sign Lubu as a free agent, which is still a possibility.
This way we get a better look at him on a decent team at least.

I think it will be a good pick up for the Leafs, which is unfortunate, but at least they won't tire him out with a long playoff run. sarcasm
McGruff et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 29
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,507

I'm Jealous... I wish Montreal did this trade

it makes you wonder what kind of team will arizona will even ice next year... could it be possibly even worse than what they have now? This is 1970 expansion draft level...
capsfan2121 et Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 33
WentWughes
Quoting: drambui
it makes you wonder what kind of team will arizona will even ice next year... could it be possibly even worse than what they have now? This is 1970 expansion draft level...

I think they're going for a draft to glory type franchise. They are up to 12 picks in this years draft. I imagine they'll be able to ice a full roster of 2021 draft picks here soon.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 44
No regretzkys
I guess we just think differently. I don't see Dzingel or Ilya as productive players, they will simply exist and not provide a whole lot. Getting rid of a bad contract that's only costing you 1.3 Million next year goes to show how bad Toronto's cap situation is, that's the result of bad cap management rather than a bad contract. Throwing away another 2nd round pick on a team that's constantly trading away picks/prospects usually doesn't result in great results long term (especially considering Toronto has won 0 playoff series while doing so). I'm more Anal about asset management, but if you're okay with taking asset L's, I guess it doesn't matter as long as you're winning in the regular season.

With all due respect, you have your habs coloured glasses on. Its a good move for the Leafs.
Ritchie was a bad signing, but that shouldn't be a factor in evaluating this trade.

Lyubushkin is exactly what the Leafs need. Bogosian type 6/7 Dman. Strong defensively. Low event, physical player.
He's really the perfect depth piece.

Dzingel has been bad but he could also be a Galchenyuk type. Playing on a better team could spark him a bit. I'm happy with him as a 12-13th forward.

Adding those 2 players probably costs a 3rd rounder alone. So dumping Ritchie along with it accomplishes a lot of things.
And again.. The pick is 2025.
drewjenkins et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 52
WentWughes
With all due respect, you have your habs coloured glasses on. Its a good move for the Leafs.
Ritchie was a bad signing, but that shouldn't be a factor in evaluating this trade.

Lyubushkin is exactly what the Leafs need. Bogosian type 6/7 Dman. Strong defensively. Low event, physical player.
He's really the perfect depth piece.

Dzingel has been bad but he could also be a Galchenyuk type. Playing on a better team could spark him a bit. I'm happy with him as a 12-13th forward.

Adding those 2 players probably costs a 3rd rounder alone. So dumping Ritchie along with it accomplishes a lot of things.
And again.. The pick is 2025.

It's a good trade for the Leafs because they are capped strapped and it gives them cap space next year, but you can't take any trade as face value, there's always context so you 100% can factor him signing 6 months ago into this trade.

Lyubushkin is a 6/7 defensemen and Dzingel is a 13th forward. You shouldn't have to pay a 2nd round pick for that. The year doesn't have relevance to anything because Toronto will be in this exact same spot in 2025.
Playersoverpayed a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 57
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 833

IMO it's 3 throwaway players. None of these players are impact NHL players. Toronto is giving up a 2nd/3rd round pick in exchange for 1.3 Million next year.

IMO not worth it, but that's what happens when you're on the cap limit.

IMO Lyubushkin is better than Chiarot, and Dzingel was traded for Duclair + 2nd + 2nd a couple years ago.

IMO this trade is amazing value for Toronto, especially if Montreal wants a 1st for Chiarot.
Trickster et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 59
WentWughes
Quoting: drewjenkins
IMO Lyubushkin is better than Chiarot, and Dzingel was traded for Duclair + 2nd + 2nd a couple years ago.

IMO this trade is amazing value for Toronto, especially if Montreal wants a 1st for Chiarot.

I'm definitely not going to argue against this. I do think that Chiarot is better than Lyubushkin, but it's closer than you'd think. It's good value for Toronto considering, but Dubas literally dug himself into this hole and Leaf fans are giving him credit for it... doesn't make much sense to me.
Playersoverpayed et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 0 h 12
GoJetsGo
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 522

IMO it's 3 throwaway players. None of these players are impact NHL players.

Toronto is giving up a 2nd/3rd round pick in exchange for 1.3 Million next year (Since Ritchie can simply be buried). IMO not worth it, but that's what happens when you're on the cap limit.

Agree
Even if you say it's 2.5 mil, teams have paid similar amounts to get rid of more salary (e.g. Coburn+Paquette from Tampa, and Stralman cost a 2nd+prospect to move his 5.5 mil). Seems like good value for the Yotes to basically swap replacement level players to get a higher round pick they can use down the road.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage