SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Discussion Thread #10 - Happy New Year!

12 janv. 2022 à 23 h 35
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983

This is like watching Team Canada play Team Latvia and the goalie stands on his head
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, AndrewLadd and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 janv. 2022 à 23 h 38
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: MatthewsFan

This is like watching Team Canada play Team Latvia and the goalie stands on his head

Especially poignant because nobody can spell his name lol
EsoYeezus69, MatthewsFan, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 janv. 2022 à 23 h 38
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,704
Modifié 12 janv. 2022 à 23 h 46
Quoting: justaBoss
I think Vegas f*cked them over. They couldn't do any favorable deals because teams learned from their mistakes they did with VGK and weren't willing to do them again.

Some yes, some no, on the Vegas experience...

I think the #1 issue was/is: Ronny F is NOT the guy to get this team going.
Face it, he's too 'vanilla'/a rookie.
His moves, or mostly lack therof, showed that...

"Mr. Nice Guy" - is not required in the GM role
justaBoss et yikes a aimé ceci.
12 janv. 2022 à 23 h 38
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: justaBoss
Honestly aside from Suter Nill's contracts haven't been that bad.

Benn literally won Art Ross the year before he was signed.

Seguin was easily our best forward when he was signed.

Klingberg and Bishop signings were complete steals.

Lindell and Dobby look overpaid now but they also played their best hockey right when their deals were to expire

No one could have predicted what happens in the future, but on the signing moment the contracts Nill has handed out have mostly been right on the money.

I think that's where he has been most successful during his time in Dallas, because it's certainly not drafting. Trading is hard to evaluate because he never trades lol.

Agree that Klingberg and Bishop were both massive steals. Hindsight 20/20 Benn, Segs, Faksa, Lindell, Dobby and Suter are all somewhat bad contracts. The only one that made a little bit of sense was Benn’s. The rest consisted of:

1. Segs. The year he signup that contract he was 28th in points in the league, the same year Kucherov won the Hart. He got less then Segs! Obviously injuries/current coaching staff doesn’t help, but back then he should’ve at least been closer to 8 million then 10.

2. Faksa. He hasn’t been very good at all in his career, was mostly average, he was your typical strong 4th line/weak 3rd line center. Those type of players aren’t the ones you’re supposed to give big contract to.

3. Lindell. He isn’t a bad player, but the fact that he’s getting paid more than Klingberg is concerning. The only thing he provides better than Klingberg is defence, and we already got too much of that already.

4. Dobby. Recency bias at it’s finest, before coming to Dalla he was a AHL/backup goalie at best, when arriving in Dallas he was heavily sheltered around Ben Bishop (who was at the time one of the best goalies in the league). Plus his fluky playoff run probably was the thing that helped us out the least, what’s worse is the fact that it wasn’t as good as people portrayed it to be. He was painfully average vs Calgary and was absolutely dog sh-t vs Tampa, granted he wad very good vs Colorado and god like vs Veags. Most important piece of information is that he was never a starter and never played more than 41 games, so obviously he flopped when put in the position to play the majority of games. He’s a backup no more, no less.

5. Suter. We both agree this one sucks, don’t need to go over it any more.

In conclusion obviously at the time some were arguably reasonable, but they ended up all bad. Mainly due to Nill hiring the literal worst coach there is on planet earth.

Edit: also sadly your last assessment is right lol, like his ability to never make trades, hiring a coach that’ll actually stay for more then two seconds/is actually competent, is also not one of them.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
12 janv. 2022 à 23 h 45
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,704
delete...
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,077
After just watching two periods of ARI hockey, I will disagree with this comment

After watching 2 periods im still trying to figure out how Bunting got a penalty for Roussel being the only guy to drop the gloves lul

I guess you take penalty's for having your jersey grabbed
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 17
Leafs are a poverty franchise. Imagine pretending to be a contender and losing to the literal last place team smh
CoopsTroops, A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 25
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914
Lmao
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 47
Guess the back to back road curse still be real

Sucks but when you only got a 40% chance of winning what can you do

Everyone on the Coyotes owes their goalie a beer lul

As stopping 49/50 is not easy

Anyways Marner is back Tomorrow and we got tougher competition ahead

Feel bad for Mrazek as that one blunder was costly
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 28
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105
oilers about to give up a 1st for vejmelka
A_Habs_fan, zk97 et yikes a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 30
Quoting: aadoyle
Guess the back to back stats were right

Sucks but when you only got a 40% chance of winning what can you do

Everyone on the Coyotes owes their goalie a beer lul

I'm sorry what? The chance of Toronto beating Arizona is like 99%. They could have played every day for a week prior and gone up against a rested Coyotes team and they still should win by multiple goals. This is a supposed contender playing a team that is purposefully worse than most AHL teams. It's borderline inexcusable, especially just after choking a 4-1 lead.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Db1899
oilers about to give up a 1st for vejmelka

He was amazing. Gonna say that straight up

Now yes we were on a back to back but I believe he saved 49 of 50 shots or something

Yeah someone is either gonna go for him via FA and offer him a **** tonne or trade big for him lul
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 33
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: Alfie11
Leafs are a poverty franchise. Imagine pretending to be a contender and losing to the literal last place team smh

FI9XAzsXsAQ2AtE.png

**** happens

4.89 goals saved above expected for Karel Vejmelka tonight
BuFfaLOFaN et zk97 a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 43
FI9XAzsXsAQ2AtE.png

**** happens

4.89 goals saved above expected for Karel Vejmelka tonight

Good thing for Matthews as I was seeing a repeat of the Jets game for a second where he stood on his head

As losing you can deal with as the Blues and Jets have had it happen. But getting shutout yeah dont want to be in that category

Anyways moving on

Also rip Mrazek as that one miss gonna be nailed into his coffin with this fanbase lul
13 janv. 2022 à 0 h 57
Daddy
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 581
Poor play this entire trip caught up to us. Got 3 points in the first two games where we probably deserved one, if not zero. Then play a game that it's clear we should've won and we lose, we obviously didn'y play well tonight and you can say poverty franchise all you want, but every logical hockey fan who watched that game know the leafs were the better team that game, and they should be against that roster. Still though no excuse no matter how well the goalie plays you have to beat the roster that zona ice tonight.
13 janv. 2022 à 1 h 2
Daddy
I'm sorry what? The chance of Toronto beating Arizona is like 99%. They could have played every day for a week prior and gone up against a rested Coyotes team and they still should win by multiple goals. This is a supposed contender playing a team that is purposefully worse than most AHL teams. It's borderline inexcusable, especially just after choking a 4-1 lead.

I mean you're right it is inexcusable, but if you really think any team in the the AHL is better then the squad the yotes iced tonight you are off your rocker.
13 janv. 2022 à 1 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 13 janv. 2022 à 1 h 26
Quoting: AustonMatthews3443
Poor play this entire trip caught up to us. Got 3 points in the first two games where we probably deserved one, if not zero. Then play a game that it's clear we should've won and we lose, we obviously didn'y play well tonight and you can say poverty franchise all you want, but every logical hockey fan who watched that game know the leafs were the better team that game, and they should be against that roster. Still though no excuse no matter how well the goalie plays you have to beat the roster that zona ice tonight.

I mean I dont think anyone was gonna beat Vejmelka tonight. He was on fire and the last time the NHL saw him like that he shutout the Jets who have arguably heavier fire power than we do.

In general winning both games in a road back to back is very unlikely with the chances rn only being 40% which for any team makes things difficult.

Anyways we hammered them, he bailed them out what more could we have done

As 4.89 goals saved above expected is something we dont see every day

Good thing Marner is back tomorrow as were gonna need him for St. Louis
13 janv. 2022 à 1 h 39
I mean you're right it is inexcusable, but if you really think any team in the the AHL is better then the squad the yotes iced tonight you are off your rocker.

Outside of Schmaltz, Kessel, Keller, Gostisbehere, Crouse, and maybe Vejmelka as the backup, name one player that cracks the Leafs roster. If 70%+ of your lineup (5th best forward, 2nd best defenseman) isn't even a 4th liner or 3rd pair D on the 6th best team in the league (probably could go lower in the standings honestly, I don't think I'd take anyone outside of those guys on Calgary and they're 17th right now), then you're not deserving of being called an NHL team, especially in a league with as much parity as the NHL. They are literally trying to be this bad, and it's been successful. I legitimately wouldn't bet against a team like the Chicago Wolves or Stockton Heat if they played this Coyotes roster. Their 1st line might be worse, but their 3rd line might be better lmao
13 janv. 2022 à 1 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 13 janv. 2022 à 2 h 5

While not as bad as the Chicago situation man this feels like a toned down version of it

As man I cant imagine getting made fun of for being Native American and your team not coming to support you.

Shame is all I can say rn as this kind of thinking has no place in hockey
A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 5 h 22
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,298

While not as bad as the Chicago situation man this feels like a toned down version of it

As man I cant imagine getting made fun of for being Native American and your team not coming to support you.

Shame is all I can say rn as this kind of thinking has no place in hockey

Winning above everything else really. At the end of the day winning is what puts butts in the seats. Only way an organization care is if it threatens money.
A_Habs_fan, zk97 et Devil a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 6 h 39
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,404
Lmao, Leafs lost to Yotes, 💀💀💀 and this means Montreal is now the 32nd in the league, Shane Wright, here we come
Devil, zk97, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 7 h 6
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Ahh. Nothing better than taking care of yourself and going to bed early and skipping a leaf game because the leafs are playing a sure W in the yotes

Oh. Well then.
BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 8 h 45
Daddy
Outside of Schmaltz, Kessel, Keller, Gostisbehere, Crouse, and maybe Vejmelka as the backup, name one player that cracks the Leafs roster. If 70%+ of your lineup (5th best forward, 2nd best defenseman) isn't even a 4th liner or 3rd pair D on the 6th best team in the league (probably could go lower in the standings honestly, I don't think I'd take anyone outside of those guys on Calgary and they're 17th right now), then you're not deserving of being called an NHL team, especially in a league with as much parity as the NHL. They are literally trying to be this bad, and it's been successful. I legitimately wouldn't bet against a team like the Chicago Wolves or Stockton Heat if they played this Coyotes roster. Their 1st line might be worse, but their 3rd line might be better lmao

Are they horrificlly bad? Absolutely. Two of the Wolves leading scorers are Stefan Noesen, and Josh Leivo, Leivo has been ok when playing in the NHL, Noesen had one ok year. That fourth line of Galchenyuk, Dzingel, Schmaltz would destroy any AHL 4th line. Like for as much as Galchenyuk has struggled, in 6 AHL games last year he had 8 points. Nash Roussel Fischer is a horrific NHL line, but put them against an AHL 3rd line? I'll take the yotes 3rd line everyday.
13 janv. 2022 à 8 h 50
Daddy
I mean I dont think anyone was gonna beat Vejmelka tonight. He was on fire and the last time the NHL saw him like that he shutout the Jets who have arguably heavier fire power than we do.

In general winning both games in a road back to back is very unlikely with the chances rn only being 40% which for any team makes things difficult.

Anyways we hammered them, he bailed them out what more could we have done

As 4.89 goals saved above expected is something we dont see every day

Good thing Marner is back tomorrow as were gonna need him for St. Louis

Agreed, just as much as he played amazing we didn't really have any sense of urgency, we were a bit lose at times in our own zone. If that game gets played 10 times the same way, the Leafs win 9, just would've liked to seen more of a push after the yotes took the lead.

My point was, we played 2 good periods against Colorado, but after that we played 4 pretty poor periods. We got fortunate to get two points in Vegas, they deserved to win that game just like we deserved to win the game tonight, it all evens out.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 9 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Are they horrificlly bad? Absolutely. Two of the Wolves leading scorers are Stefan Noesen, and Josh Leivo, Leivo has been ok when playing in the NHL, Noesen had one ok year. That fourth line of Galchenyuk, Dzingel, Schmaltz would destroy any AHL 4th line. Like for as much as Galchenyuk has struggled, in 6 AHL games last year he had 8 points. Nash Roussel Fischer is a horrific NHL line, but put them against an AHL 3rd line? I'll take the yotes 3rd line everyday.

The full amerks team, (best player to have played in the Amerks this year.) All of the top 9 except for Mersch and Weissback have played NHL games this year. That's one of the best AHL teams and...I probably am not taking the Amerks.

Peterka - Krebs - Quinn
Mersch - Routsalainen - Weissbach
Murray - Macinnis - Janakowski
Biro - Pekar - Malone

Sammuellson - Laakason
Davidson - Prow
Teves - Fitgerald

UPL
Subban
capsfan2121 et yikes a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question: