SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Prospect Discussion Thread

8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 8
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,570
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Ehh, f*ck it, I've started working on the idea lol, who cares about schoolwork anyways

lmao that last part, felt that
do remember to create a shareable link + give everyone comment access to start
BuFfaLOFaN et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Quoting: Zuki9797
lmao that last part, felt that
do remember to create a shareable link + give everyone comment access to start

Yep, working on the Intro sheet page so kind of the base and rules, then I'll make a sheet page for every team, makes it easier to navigate than 1 long sheet page
zk97 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 25
v5 CBJ GM
Mentions "j'aime": 8,570
Yep, working on the Intro sheet page so kind of the base and rules, then I'll make a sheet page for every team, makes it easier to navigate than 1 long sheet page

if needed i can help with that btw
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Here's the link for the prospect pyramid sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16trmzNXNRB8fNT_5T3uS4hNTHFsNEj5LGH-YNhc6Awg/edit#gid=0
I'll input the names and add CF links for all the names later
SevenLeg, zk97 et Devil a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Here's the link for the prospect pyramid sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16trmzNXNRB8fNT_5T3uS4hNTHFsNEj5LGH-YNhc6Awg/edit#gid=0

Can someone let me know if commenting works
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 47
Hop on the Slaftrain
Mentions "j'aime": 20,496
Can someone let me know if commenting works

You have to ask permission to the Doc owner
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SevenLeg
You have to ask permission to the Doc owner

To do what?
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 48
Hop on the Slaftrain
To do what?

To comment

Did you see my comment?
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 49
Démarrer sujet
To comment

Did you see my comment?

Yep, I see your comment that says Mailloux
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 50
Hop on the Slaftrain
Yep, I see your comment that says Mailloux

What is this exactly?
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 55
Démarrer sujet
What is this exactly?

It is as proposed by @BuFfaLOFaN , what will be CF's prospect pyramid, where we CF users rank prospects collectively, I'll input the prospect pyramid from the Schouching blog where he made one from every team ( where we got the idea ) and then we'll change the players around to our will, it's easier that way
zk97, SevenLeg et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 15 h 0
Démarrer sujet
It is as proposed by BuFfaLOFaN , what will be CF's prospect pyramid, where we CF users rank prospects collectively, I'll input the prospect pyramid from the Schouching blog where he made one from every team ( where we got the idea ) and then we'll change the players around to our will, it's easier that way

I feel like the Intro sheet sums it up pretty well and everyone with the link can comment ( so you can voice opinions but not edit since everyone with edit would be hell )
8 déc. 2021 à 15 h 10
Démarrer sujet
I feel like the Intro sheet sums it up pretty well and everyone with the link can comment ( so you can voice opinions but not edit since everyone with edit would be hell )

Actually, I can protect certain sheet ranges so I could put everyone as edit but certain sheet ranges protected ( only i can edit them ) so it doesn't become hell, what are you guys thoughts?
8 déc. 2021 à 15 h 36
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
For those who see this, who is the one prospect you hope your team selects or falls to your teams selection.

I am hoping Nathan Gaucher falls to the Leafs. I have seen him in the early to mid 20's. Toronto could end up selecting around 24-26, hoping he could slide to them. The Leafs could really use a big skilled C in the pipeline. Gaucher (6'2 192) is a big, powerful C who shows exceptional two-way ability and is dominant in puck battles thanks to his size. Has a very powerful stride and crossover, showing strong edgework and quick speed. He is just a highly competitive two-way center who can win a lot of battles, PK and play around the net. Has all the qualities of an imposing top-line C.

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 16 h 19
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
5x5ij7.jpg

Best way to pronounce this last name: punch yourself in the stomach
A_Habs_fan, zk97 et NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 16 h 30
Démarrer sujet
I would like to announce I have made some changes to the prospect sheet, I have protected most sheets ( protected=only I can edit them ) but I have left a comment/suggestion sheet that all of you can edit. You can also still comment on the protected sheets
zk97 et Bobcat205 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 18 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 8 déc. 2021 à 19 h 17
I would like to announce I have made some changes to the prospect sheet, I have protected most sheets ( protected=only I can edit them ) but I have left a comment/suggestion sheet that all of you can edit. You can also still comment on the protected sheets

I have now done every team up to Montreal and am working on Nashville ( CBJ and Mtl are my opinions the rest are Schouching's prospect pyramid ). After I'm done with every team, I'll check if all the names respect the rules ( rules are a prospect is in DY+5 or less (so 22/23 max) and has played less than 41 NHL games ) and take out some of the players he had in his list that don't have NHL rights anymore ( he ranked Jarret Tyszka for some reason and many more ). So if you have any tier change suggestions, players that aren't listed that should be added or ideas for how to use/handle the sheet, leave them on the comment/suggestion page

Edit: I have now done every team and expect to be flooded with Leafs fans saying their guy is too low as Sandin, Knies, Liljegren, Woll, Der-Arguchinstev, Tverberg and more will probably move around. Now onto double-checking if the players are on the right team or should be on the list and linking their CF page
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 19 h 35
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Protas is a b prospect right now. He was able to make the first line and first pp which is hard to do under lav. This is a great idea with the pyramid
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 20 h 44
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

Great idea
But I have a suggestion and a question
What is your definition of a prospect? Under 25 games played?
And a suggestion is to separate the players even more (by adding more tiers). Like William Eklund should not be on the same tier as Zac Jones
yikes a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 20 h 47
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Canucks defense today:

Hughes-Hamonic
Schenn-Myers
Burroughs-Poolman

Boston has no excuse not to light the canucks up like a Christmas tree
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 20 h 48
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: Devil1122
What is your definition of a prospect? Under 25 games played?

Playing devil's advocate here, we should use the same criteria that Pronman does for his prospect tier lists for the Athletic. Could compare them year over year and see if he's got the better eye for prospects or if we do.
A_Habs_fan et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 20 h 48
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Juiceman
Canucks defense today:

Hughes-Hamonic
Schenn-Myers
Burroughs-Poolman

Boston has no excuse not to light the canucks up like a Christmas tree

Wrong thread Jimbo.
8 déc. 2021 à 20 h 49
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Playing devil's advocate here, we should use the same criteria that Pronman does for his prospect tier lists for the Athletic. Could compare them year over year and see if he's got the better eye for prospects or if we do.

What does he use as his criteria?
8 déc. 2021 à 20 h 59
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Devil1122
What does he use as his criteria?

Quoting: Corey_Pronman_of_The_Athletic
To be eligible for inclusion, a skater must be:

1. Under 23 years old as of Jan. 1. We now know that by the time a player turns 23, he is largely done the steep upward progression we see in prospects and will begin to plateau.
2. Not a full-time NHL player. This is the only arbitrary section of the criteria. Here, I trust my judgment for whether or not a rostered NHL player is still likely to bounce between levels more than any pre-determined games played cutoff. Preference for inclusion as an NHL prospect is more likely to be given to teenagers than 22-year-olds.
3. Either signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights.
Players who are signed to AHL contracts were not considered.

To be eligible for inclusion, a goalie must be:

1. Under 25 years old as of Jan. 1. This expanded age criteria (it was set at under-24 last year) is more reflective of the typical goalie trajectory and allows for the continued consideration of goalies who are very much still prospects.
2. Not currently established as one of their NHL club’s two go-to options.

Room for some common-sense judgement but it's a pretty standard notion.
Devil, capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 21 h 25
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Modifié 8 déc. 2021 à 21 h 32
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Room for some common-sense judgement but it's a pretty standard notion.

Can this definition, an explanation on the different tiers, and the google sheet be added to the original post of this thread @A_Habs_fan?

Also from a cursory glance, Eklund and Power should be A tier, probably McTavish, Guenther, and Seider/Byram/Raymond (if they still count) as well. I'm not sure if we're defining A tier as legitimate superstars or very likely top line/pair guys, if it's the second you could bump up Caufield and Edvinsson. I'd move Wallstedt down as well, I don't really think any goalie should be A tier, especially not in the year just after getting drafted, and being ranked above literally all 19 guys selected ahead of him, including another goalie. A few C tier prospects should be bumped up to B tier (Neighbours, Bordeleau, Pinto although I don't think he should count at all anymore tbh, Perreault, Lucius, Heinola). Several B tier prospects should be moved down (for example Ceulemans [could go either way on him though tbh], Khusnutdinov, Primeau, Stankoven, and Gunler). And Krebs is listed under Vegas still lol
capsfan2121, BeterChiarelli, Devil and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage