SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Prospect Discussion Thread

7 déc. 2021 à 12 h 9
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Today's day at school has been particularly slow, so we're gonna do a CBJPS double-dip.

CBJ Prospect Spotlight, Episode 6

Trey Fix-Wolansky
Right Winger
Drafted: 2018, 7th round (204th overall)
Current Status: Under contract with team (non-roster, AHL)

-Finally, a player that's not on the reserve list!

-His main problem is his size. He's 5'7", 179 lbs. He makes up for that in his speed, passing ability and puckhandling skills.

-In his D+1 year (2018-19) as an Oil King, he scored 102 POINTS (37 goals, 67 assists) in 65 games. That is absolutely phenomenal.

-In the last three years in Cleveland, he hasn't played a whole season yet, but in the short time per year we've seen him, he's posted a 0.69 PPG (41 points in 59 games). Nice.

-In terms of awards, he hasn't won any medals/trophies, but he did make the WHL All-Star team in 2018-19 (and for good reason.)

Final thoughts: We're grooming TFW to be the second coming of Cam Atkinson: A big star player in a small frame. He's a lot better at setting up scoring chances than Cam, but they have a lot in common (good teamwork good puckhandling, etc.) Give him another year in Cleveland (and hope to god this glut of wingers clears itself out) and he can be a good NHL player.
zk97, A_Habs_fan et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2021 à 12 h 11
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828
Quoting: Alfie11
Yeah he was my big sleeper last draft. If anyone’s interested in doing some really fringe scouting, my top 3 late round flier options were Florian Elias (undrafted), Simon Knak (I believe he went to the Preds in the 6th, captained Switzerland at last year’s WJC), and Owen Bartoszkiewicz (undrafted, he’s a goalie out of the NAHL which is one tier below the USHL, they don’t produce many draftees as a league but a couple goalies have come out of there, like Ben Bishop, and Calgary drafted last year’s 2nd best NAHL goalie in the 7th round, OB didn’t put up quite as good numbers, but from what I heard he essentially dragged an expansion team to the playoffs which is pretty notable). After Elias’s incredible showing at the WJC and then taking home rookie of the year in the DEL it’s kinda mind-boggling that nobody took a chance on him even though he was a 1 year overager. I was especially disappointed in Ottawa not taking him after the chemistry he showed with Stutzle (admittedly playing with Stutzle in the NHL would mean he’d need to become a top line centre, which is probably too much, but Ottawa has a good development system and might be able to turn him into a useful pkayer, he’s got a high skill level). If he goes undrafted again I might lose my mind, he seems like the perfect guy to take a flier on late with a low percentage pick. At the very least he’s shown that he can produce against his peers and hold his own against men despite his size.

Oh for sure; Ottawa and Buffalo should be taking him asap.

Florian and JJ or giving Stutzle a familiar lineup may help him. Stutzle isn’t a worry but he clearly has been affected by lack of quality lineups/ moving around and then bad luck. Like if Stutzle was stuck with Batherson all year I think things would be different but the Sens arent deep enough to give Stutzle a shooter. JJP is looking solid as well.

Florian being kept undrafted would be shocking. Even if you think he wont perform to Stutzle or JJP’s level - those are high quality prospects and Florian has shown he can be a great complimentary player.

Similar to Wiesblatt imo. Ozzy doesn’t have a top line ceiling (I mean he could but I doubt it). But what Wiesblatt does give me is intense complimentary features that make me see that he could play on your top line and just be that energized bunny that often bodes so well (like Hyman) with skill guys.

Honestly I would be ecstatic if the Sharks used a 3rd - 4th on Florian.
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2021 à 12 h 31
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

Flames do a great job of evaluating talent in the later rounds.

Jack Beck 168
Arseni Sergeev 205

Rory Kerins 174
Ilya Solovyov 205

Dustin Wolf 214

And the best ones of all Mangiapane (166) and Gaudreau (104)
SevenLeg, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2021 à 17 h 9
Ovchinnikov 137

I’m going to say it could look something like:
Jarventie Raty Simontaival
Koivunen Hirvonen Kemell
Maenpaa Kapanen Lambert
Vaisanen Helenius Nikupeteri

Viro Niemela
Heimosalmi Puutio
Rajaniemi Rafkin

Blomqvist
Merilainen
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2021 à 17 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Quoting: MatthewsFan

I’m going to say it could look something like:
Jarventie Raty Simontaival
Koivunen Hirvonen Kemell
Maenpaa Kapanen Lambert
Vaisanen Helenius Nikupeteri

Viro Niemela
Heimosalmi Puutio
Rajaniemi Rafkin

Blomqvist
Merilainen

Lambert could not make it, it could be another Aatu Raty scenario
MatthewsFan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2021 à 17 h 33
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

That’s absolutely possible
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 9 h 36
Ovchinnikov 137

He made it. Will need a big World Juniors to improve his stock
zk97, BuFfaLOFaN et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 12 h 5
Démarrer sujet

He made it. Will need a big World Juniors to improve his stock

Kemell and Lambert are the only 1st-year draft eligibles on team Finland I think and for both, they need a good WJC, Kemell doing bad would maybe kill a bit of the hype and Lambert needs to do good if he wants to be a top 10 pick ( he's currently at 12 for me )
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 12 h 11
Ovchinnikov 137
Kemell and Lambert are the only 1st-year draft eligibles on team Finland I think and for both, they need a good WJC, Kemell doing bad would maybe kill a bit of the hype and Lambert needs to do good if he wants to be a top 10 pick ( he's currently at 12 for me )

Yup, agreed. The biggest omissions are Tuomaala, Rajaniemi, and Liukas.
8 déc. 2021 à 12 h 33
cautious optimism
@A_Habs_fan how would you put together a Blue Jackets prospect pyramid? for reference, here is a bunch of examples of how they look.

I had an idea for a school project, and you're the one that knows the most about our system that i know.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 12 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Bobcat205
A_Habs_fan how would you put together a Blue Jackets prospect pyramid? for reference, here is a bunch of examples of how they look.

I had an idea for a school project, and you're the one that knows the most about our system that I know.

Using the names they had there on the site you showed and the way they tier
Tier A: no one
Tier B: Marchenko, SIllinger, Johnson, Ceulemans
Tier C: Svozil, Knazko, Foudy, Chinakhov, Voronkov
Tier D: Angle, Bjorgvik Holm, Rysavy, Malatesta, Richard, Fix-Wolansky, Berni
Everyone Else: Makarov, Hjorth, Johannesson, Stucker, Karlberg, Thome, Boyd, Pyyhtia

I am also by no means an expert on the prospects since I don't exactly follow them like Habs prospects and for all non-2021 draftees, haven't scouted them more than once
Bobcat205 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 12 h 52
cautious optimism
Everyone Else: Makarov, Hjorth, Johannesson, Stucker, Karlberg, Thome, Boyd, Pyyhtia

I am also by no means an expert on the prospects since I don't exactly follow them like Habs prospects and for all non-2021 draftees, haven't scouted them more than once

That's pretty similar to how i put together one myself (Chinakhov in Tier B, Ceulemans in Tier C, Angle in tier C, Fix-Wolansky in tier C, Berni under "Everyone else").

Just thought to ask multiple people since having multiple inputs would make it more thorough.
BuFfaLOFaN et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 13 h 13
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514

Quoting: Bobcat205
That's pretty similar to how i put together one myself (Chinakhov in Tier B, Ceulemans in Tier C, Angle in tier C, Fix-Wolansky in tier C, Berni under "Everyone else").

Just thought to ask multiple people since having multiple inputs would make it more thorough.

Would be cool to make one as a group for every team, start with the ones on the example website and adjust as we see fit. Powers for the Sabres seems more and more like he's improving to Franchise level
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 13 h 17
Ovchinnikov 137

This is pretty spot on. I am higher on James Malatesta and Nikolai Makarov. I have a feeling after CLB fans watch Makarov (6-foot-4, 234-pound Russian) at this years Juniors, will love this kid. No-nonsense blueliner with a long, powerful stride, accurate outlet passer, and a huge shot from the point that is used on the PP for his accuracy and to consistently generate rebounds. Don't believe he has a high ceiling but if he can pan out like Vladislav Gavrikov, just a solid D you can play in your lineup.
8 déc. 2021 à 13 h 20
Démarrer sujet
This is pretty spot on. I am higher on James Malatesta and Nikolai Makarov. I have a feeling after CLB fans watch Makarov (6-foot-4, 234-pound Russian) at this years Juniors, will love this kid. No-nonsense blueliner with a long, powerful stride, accurate outlet passer, and a huge shot from the point that is used on the PP for his accuracy and to consistently generate rebounds. Don't believe he has a high ceiling but if he can pan out like Vladislav Gavrikov, just a solid D you can play in your lineup.

I like Malatesta a lot, had him as a late 2nd I think but I can't see him being in the same tier as the other guys, Makarov i had pretty much nothing on, like pretty much everyone who I placed in everyone else
8 déc. 2021 à 13 h 31
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,570
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Would be cool to make one as a group for every team, start with the ones on the example website and adjust as we see fit. Powers for the Sabres seems more and more like he's improving to Franchise level

that would be sick, maybe we could have one user thats really active on CF make a post with our group pyramids and have it stickied in the thread (if thats possible) and whenever everyone feels like a change is made the elected user edits the post
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 13 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Zuki9797
that would be sick, maybe we could have one user thats really active on CF make a post with our group pyramids and have it stickied in the thread (if thats possible) and whenever everyone feels like a change is made the elected user edits the post

You can sticky a post in a thread but that'd be one long post to sticky and we'd switch prospect discussion threads eventually
zk97 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 13 h 44
You can sticky a post in a thread but that'd be one long post to sticky and we'd switch prospect discussion threads eventually

We could just Quote and update it, or create a shared Google or something sheet.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 13 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
We could just Quote and update it, or create a shared Google or something sheet.

A google sheet that everyone can edit probably the easiest option and, as long as no one decides to troll, that will work be fine
BuFfaLOFaN et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 13 h 55
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,570
A google sheet that everyone can edit probably the easiest option and, as long as no one decides to troll, that will work be fine

maybe some sort of suggestion mode on sheets?
8 déc. 2021 à 13 h 59
Démarrer sujet

Well, 1 owner and everyone with the link as edits/commenters would work. just commenters gives 1 person more freedom but also more security for the sheet, it also means we might have to eventually duplicate it and switch owners if the 1 editor isn't active anymore
BuFfaLOFaN et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 0
u can comment on sheets, but maybe we just make a list on here. Keep it in the thread
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 0
Well, 1 owner and everyone with the link as edits/commenters would work. just commenters gives 1 person more freedom but also more security for the sheet, it also means we might have to eventually duplicate it and switch owners if the 1 editor isn't active anymore

I'd say everyone commentators
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 0
Démarrer sujet

I'd volunteer to create this if i had time right now, i usually am all for procrastinating and doing something fun but i can't right now
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 14 h 7
Démarrer sujet
I'd volunteer to create this if i had time right now, i usually am all for procrastinating and doing something fun but i can't right now

Ehh, f*ck it, I've started working on the idea lol, who cares about schoolwork anyways
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage