SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #5: The Final Stretch

23 avr. à 22 h 52
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,928
Quoting: MGK
Bob deserved the W after that save. Vasy is walking awkwardly to the dressing room

Probably just a Charlie horse. Chucker landed on him.
Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 9 h 2
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403
Shots in the Vancouver-Nashville game were 18-16 for Vancouver, really low shot volume reaching the net for both sides, Nashville did have 30 blocked shots to Vancouver's 8
24 avr. à 9 h 42
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 484
Anybody have a guess on Chychrun’s trade value and next contract?

Revisiting his last trade, he went for a sub 16 draft pick (unknown at time and top 5 protected), a 2nd, and a 2nd 2 years later.

I’m finding him very comparable to Vince Dunn and his 4 year, 7.35AAV, and acquiring him gets you next season at his current aav of 4.6.

I wonder if Ottawa gets back “more” than they paid, primarily because Chychrun played all 82 games this past season, and the acquiring team would be extending at the time of trade. I think they can flip him for more.

I dunno if my blues would be involved but the left side of our d is going to change eventually, one way or the other.
24 avr. à 10 h 18
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 303
Quoting: CantStopWontStop

Revisiting his last trade, he went for a sub 16 draft pick (unknown at time and top 5 protected), a 2nd, and a 2nd 2 years later.

I’m finding him very comparable to Vince Dunn and his 4 year, 7.35AAV, and acquiring him gets you next season at his current aav of 4.6.

I wonder if Ottawa gets back “more” than they paid, primarily because Chychrun played all 82 games this past season, and the acquiring team would be extending at the time of trade. I think they can flip him for more.

I dunno if my blues would be involved but the left side of our d is going to change eventually, one way or the other.

Since the cap is going up, he'll want 7M+ for an extension as you said, plus a 10 team no trade that kicked in last summer... he seems like he'll have less value this time.

In the end he's worth whatever a GM is willing to pay in a bidding war.
CantStopWontStop et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 11 h 3
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 965

Personally, I would keep Chychrun and move Chabot out if I were Ottawa.

Sanderson is the absolute stud of the future there and they need a RD complement to him (a defensively responsible partner) to allow Sanderson to push the play. Pesce would be ideal but Demelo or Matt Roy would be in the mix.
Chychrun-Zub as their 2nd pair would be ideal. If they strike out on their top pair targets then maybe Sean Walker and bump Zub up to the top pair.
yikes, CantStopWontStop, McGruff and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 11 h 48
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,466

Obviously, I'm biased about Chychrun's trade value, but I acknowledge that there's a distinct possibility we might get less than what we paid for him.

With that said, any trade for Chychrun should be about saving face.

I think an acceptable return on Chychrun would be a 1st + two 2nds, regardless of how high the 1st is.

It doesn't have to be #12 overall and it can even be #32 overall.

I also think that something like what Calgary got for Noah Hanifin as a pending UFA at the trade deadline would be acceptable.

A 1st + a conditional 2nd + a big right shot depth defenceman with a low cap hit.

As for what Chychrun might sign for, anywhere between 6.5 million and 8 million on an 8 year deal is well within his reach.
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 11 h 56
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,835
Modifié 24 avr. à 12 h 7
Toronto Maple Leafs

JD Bunkis had an interesting point on the Maple Leafs today.

They’re obviously the most polarizing market in Canada (and easily have a case for the whole league) but more than that, they’re the most fascinating to cover.

Hear the point out (I’m extrapolating from what he said).

They are obviously the most covered, and have so many voices and stories that circulate and they dominate in both social and mass media coverage. But there’s nothing anyone can do because they’re just such a sight.

His example:

Boston is cut and and dry.
Peeke is week to week (LB), he’s out.
He won’t be on the ice.

We’re rotating our goalies. Done.

Toronto..
Nylander is __________ deal with it.
But he’s at practice because _________ .

Matthews isn’t at practice; _________ .

It’s not a criticism but it’s just simply how could you not cover this as a fan or journalist?

If Swayman was missing from practice today, or McDavid wasn’t taking rushes - there would be the same alarm bells.

Which continues (including more extrapolating from JD):

You have Mitch being dubbed both an elite, top winger in the league - as “The Invisible Man”.
Both are true.

And now you have a team who’s going to have to evaluate keeping “The Invisible Man” which means payday, while you have Matthews who has battled adversity and won over the fan base.

There isn’t a more NERVOUS fan base in the league. And that’s why there’s so much coverage.

It’s not an overreaction or over-saturated atmosphere; there’s just simply SO much going on around them week-to-week

yet we can’t even get a Nylander is week-to-week or day-to-day….

Games 3 and 4 arguably will dictate the rest of their run.
They’ve survived losing Game 1 decisively by rebounding in Game2: and they’ve done it without Nylander “and Marner”.
But can they take control on Home Ice.
Because if they can do it, the fan base will go bananas.

If they don’t… the fan base will go bananas… but this way includes booing in your own barn.

EDIT:

Even funnier after JD has a great like 30 minute segment about all this, and after I post this;

Keefe just makes some clear statements on both Nylander (possible for tonight) and Matthews (maintenance as expected) amid all the discourse within the last 2 hours.
CantStopWontStop, A_Habs_fan, Leafsfan98 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 14 h 4
Brett Pesce will likely miss the rest of round 1, huge blow to the Canes defense
24 avr. à 15 h 0
EklundCelebriniSmith
San Jose Sharks

David Quinn has been fired.

I expect Ryan Warsofsky to be the new head coach of the San Jose Sharks.

Many have had high praise for the former AHL Champion (Head Coach), it’ll be interesting to follow if he can follow in the footsteps of former new hires like Cooper.
CantStopWontStop, zk97 et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 15 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Brett Pesce will likely miss the rest of round 1, huge blow to the Canes defense

True but it does make extending him a bit easier. He should have took that original offer they gave him as man he did not have a great season
24 avr. à 15 h 37
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,278
Quoting: BigBallsBriere
Jake Voracek retired. Little sad to see because he probably had more in the tank from a game aspect but couldn't finish out his contracts because of concussions. My favorite player all time, awesome personality, super funny dude. Gonna miss watching him play.

Former Moosehead Legend, before the Mooseheads were actually Elite at developing NHL talent.
24 avr. à 15 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 avr. à 16 h 8
Will see what happens game 2 but honestly I think LA should have thrown that final reg game.

I think LAK better matches DAL

Cause the 1-3-1 system has a flaw and its facing speed. McDavid is the fastest guy rn so yea lul
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 17 h 31
Quoting: aadoyle
Will see what happens game 2 but honestly I think LA should have thrown that final reg game.

I think LAK better matches DAL

Cause the 1-3-1 system has a flaw and its facing speed. McDavid is the fastest guy rn so yea lul

I mean they went to overtime with Chicago, seems to me like they were basically trying to throw
24 avr. à 17 h 37
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,572
Question for forum users.
With the current order, what do you see your top-10 being for the upcoming draft (using the current order)?

Template:

San Jose Sharks:
Chicago Blackhawks:
Anaheim Ducks:
Columbus Blue Jackets:
Montreal Canadiens:
Arizona Coyotes:
Ottawa Senators:
Seattle Kraken:
Calgary Flames:
New Jersey Devils:

My mock:

San Jose Sharks: Macklin Celebrini
Chicago Blackhawks: Ivan Demidov
Anaheim Ducks: Artyom Levshunov
Columbus Blue Jackets: Cayden Lindstrom
Montreal Canadiens: Zayne Parekh
Arizona Coyotes: Anton Silayev
Ottawa Senators: Carter Yakemchuk
Seattle Kraken: Sam Dickinson
Calgary Flames: Tij Iginla
New Jersey Devils: Berkly Catton
24 avr. à 17 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I mean they went to overtime with Chicago, seems to me like they were basically trying to throw

Should have just pulled the goalie let CHI score done as then they would lose the extra point wink
24 avr. à 18 h 43
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 484
Quoting: sensonfire
Obviously, I'm biased about Chychrun's trade value, but I acknowledge that there's a distinct possibility we might get less than what we paid for him.

With that said, any trade for Chychrun should be about saving face.

I think an acceptable return on Chychrun would be a 1st + two 2nds, regardless of how high the 1st is.

It doesn't have to be #12 overall and it can even be #32 overall.

I also think that something like what Calgary got for Noah Hanifin as a pending UFA at the trade deadline would be acceptable.

A 1st + a conditional 2nd + a big right shot depth defenceman with a low cap hit.

As for what Chychrun might sign for, anywhere between 6.5 million and 8 million on an 8 year deal is well within his reach.

I think you might be in for a positive surprise. I’m pretty sure a big knock to Chychrun’s value was his historic injuries and time missed. At the time yall got him, it was a very safe bet to assume he’d miss 25%++ of the season cause that’s kinda how it had been, give or take. That had to scare away buyers. Playing a full 82 and playing pretty okay shows not only that he has the fitness/awareness to do it, but all the previous stuff is in the past also. I don’t think you can accidentally play 82, esp as a d.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 20 h 42
EklundCelebriniSmith
Who else but Marner!
24 avr. à 20 h 44
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: zk97
Question for forum users.
With the current order, what do you see your top-10 being for the upcoming draft (using the current order)?

Template:

San Jose Sharks:
Chicago Blackhawks:
Anaheim Ducks:
Columbus Blue Jackets:
Montreal Canadiens:
Arizona Coyotes:
Ottawa Senators:
Seattle Kraken:
Calgary Flames:
New Jersey Devils:

My mock:

San Jose Sharks: Macklin Celebrini
Chicago Blackhawks: Ivan Demidov
Anaheim Ducks: Artyom Levshunov
Columbus Blue Jackets: Cayden Lindstrom
Montreal Canadiens: Zayne Parekh
Arizona Coyotes: Anton Silayev
Ottawa Senators: Carter Yakemchuk
Seattle Kraken: Sam Dickinson
Calgary Flames: Tij Iginla
New Jersey Devils: Berkly Catton

I pray Tij falls to SJS second 1st round pick (that behind Celebrini obviously )
24 avr. à 21 h 23
WentWughes
Debrusk is going to get PAIDD if he goes to Free Agency, he's so underrated
24 avr. à 21 h 45
Kansler
Mentions "j'aime": 230
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Debrusk is going to get PAIDD if he goes to Free Agency, he's so underrated

That he has 7 hits tells a lot about playoff hockey. Great entertaiment...
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 21 h 50
WentWughes
Quoting: HelmutCool
That he has 7 hits tells a lot about playoff hockey. Great entertaiment...

He looks ELITE out there, crazy that he only had 40 points this year. You'd think he was a PPG player if you only watched the playoffs.
24 avr. à 21 h 52
Kansler
Mentions "j'aime": 230
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
He looks ELITE out there, crazy that he only had 40 points this year. You'd think he was a PPG player if you only watched the playoffs.

Yeah. A different man on the ice atm.
Too bad for him he doesnt do that on regular basis.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 21 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Leafs special teams coaches gonna need new jobs this summer
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 23 h 51
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,216
Ok because I’m annoyed the leafs lost, I’m gonna rank all 8 names trademarked for the Utah NHL team

8. Utah HC
Do I really need to explain myself here lol

7. Utah Fury
It, A, is kind of boring and generic, B, doesn’t scream hockey, and C, probably works best with a fire theme and we already have the flames in the NHL. So pretty easy no for me

6. Utah Ice
It’s boring and generic, but at least it screams hockey

5. Utah Venom
Really cool idea, but doesn’t really fit either of hockey or Utah. Maybe it’s just me though

4. Utah Outlaws
Starting to get to the ones I really like, this is a strong name and rolls off the tongue really well, I just think there’s other names that fit a hockey team better. Maybe I’m putting too much emphasis on “hockey names” (aka names that have to do with cold lol), who knows. But even though this is a good choice I just think there are 3 better ones.

3. Utah Blizzard
There’s talk they want a mountain theme, this would fit really well with that. Plus it’s a “cold” name, plus it has 2 zs to fit the theme of Utah sports teams lol. Honestly it’s probably a toss up between this and Outlaws, but I gave the edge to Blizzard because it’s a better hockey name

2. Utah Mammoth
I think Mammoth is a really strong name, and it could make a really sick logo, kind of the NLL (lacrosse) Colorado Mammoth (which begs the question: is the NLL a relevant enough league that we have to worry about that? I’m guessing no but it’s not nothing either). I think Mammoths would have been better though which honestly is probably the biggest reason it isn’t number one.

And of course, 1. Yetis
As mentioned with Mammoth, I’m glad this is Yetis and not Yeti. But overall I think Utah Yetis should be what this team is called. Yetis are big and fierce (but have a lovable side too so good mascot potential), they’re from the mountains, they’re associated with snow, they’re white which can leave the jersey colour to be up in the air, and Utah Yetis sounds good and rolls off the tongue well. Hopefully this wins the contest
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
25 avr. à 0 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
Ok because I’m annoyed the leafs lost, I’m gonna rank all 8 names trademarked for the Utah NHL team

8. Utah HC
Do I really need to explain myself here lol

7. Utah Fury
It, A, is kind of boring and generic, B, doesn’t scream hockey, and C, probably works best with a fire theme and we already have the flames in the NHL. So pretty easy no for me

6. Utah Ice
It’s boring and generic, but at least it screams hockey

5. Utah Venom
Really cool idea, but doesn’t really fit either of hockey or Utah. Maybe it’s just me though

4. Utah Outlaws
Starting to get to the ones I really like, this is a strong name and rolls off the tongue really well, I just think there’s other names that fit a hockey team better. Maybe I’m putting too much emphasis on “hockey names” (aka names that have to do with cold lol), who knows. But even though this is a good choice I just think there are 3 better ones.

3. Utah Blizzard
There’s talk they want a mountain theme, this would fit really well with that. Plus it’s a “cold” name, plus it has 2 zs to fit the theme of Utah sports teams lol. Honestly it’s probably a toss up between this and Outlaws, but I gave the edge to Blizzard because it’s a better hockey name

2. Utah Mammoth
I think Mammoth is a really strong name, and it could make a really sick logo, kind of the NLL (lacrosse) Colorado Mammoth (which begs the question: is the NLL a relevant enough league that we have to worry about that? I’m guessing no but it’s not nothing either). I think Mammoths would have been better though which honestly is probably the biggest reason it isn’t number one.

And of course, 1. Yetis
As mentioned with Mammoth, I’m glad this is Yetis and not Yeti. But overall I think Utah Yetis should be what this team is called. Yetis are big and fierce (but have a lovable side too so good mascot potential), they’re from the mountains, they’re associated with snow, they’re white which can leave the jersey colour to be up in the air, and Utah Yetis sounds good and rolls off the tongue well. Hopefully this wins the contest

I dont want Blizzard cause of the Avs it would be confusing

Utah Cataclysms sounds odd but also nice lul

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage