SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(ANA/CAR/TOR) - Lyubushkin for Slepets for 2025 3rd (TOR), 2024 6th (TOR)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

29 févr. à 23 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,975
Quoting: mondo
Lyubushkin is worth a 4th at best, and a 6th to retain less than a million for a fourth of a season is genuinely bad business. Really glad Brad Trepizza waited until it was absolutely dire to get a RHD, real good optics from him.

I don't believe this is the only deal Toronto is going to make this coming week but my god this is a horrible sign of things to come.

I wouldnt really get upset at a 3rd over a 4th. If it was a 2nd sure but a 3rd is meh these days. It gets you depth guys

Like this is almost nothing considering what we have seen teams pay for worse players. Some give up 1sts
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 18
McMann Season
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 949
Lyubushkin is worth a 4th at best, and a 6th to retain less than a million for a fourth of a season is genuinely bad business. Really glad Brad Trepizza waited until it was absolutely dire to get a RHD, real good optics from him.

I don't believe this is the only deal Toronto is going to make this coming week but my god this is a horrible sign of things to come.

I mean the extra retention could be necessary for a bigger deal, let's just see how this play out first.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 18
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: aadoyle
In general this guy worked well with Mo last time. The pair had good enough results and Rielly still had a strong playoff performance

He does well with guys like this so dont question

His last 2 playoffs were with Schenn and Lybushkin not Brodie or any of the other guys

Quoting: Andy_Dick
Just like that, the biggest RHD trade chip off the board for peanuts.

This TDL will be so meaningless. Get ready for the pundits to discuss the merits of Ilya Lyubushkin all day on deadline day.

I was joking 5 hours ago. Trading for a punchline isn't a good look.
29 févr. à 23 h 20
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,843
Modifié 29 févr. à 23 h 45
Fair Deal, That’s what Big RD’s fetch at the Deadline and what 25% retention under $1mil costs
OldNYIfan et NARC311 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 20
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Quoting: aadoyle
I wouldnt really get upset at a 3rd over a 4th. If it was a 2nd sure but a 3rd is meh these days. It gets you depth guys

For me it's the optics of it. The difference between a 3rd and a 4th is about 32 prospects and that could mean not landing a guy you had on your list.

Also means you can't do this kind of trade next year, where you're able to shore up depth by getting someone with a 3rd. Just not a fan of this.
29 févr. à 23 h 21
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,458
Anaheim wins the trade for turning a 4th into a 3rd.
29 févr. à 23 h 21
Hakuna Matata
For me it's the optics of it. The difference between a 3rd and a 4th is about 32 prospects and that could mean not landing a guy you had on your list.

Also means you can't do this kind of trade next year, where you're able to shore up depth by getting someone with a 3rd. Just not a fan of this.

I mean remember people complained when we drafted Cowen to high but look how well that turned out

Heck 2020 we traded down got Niemela and Hirvonen but lost out on Faber

Drafting is an art and if they keep their 1st can always add more picks anyway
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,014
Lmao Treliving master class
29 févr. à 23 h 25
Big Dawg JT
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 455
Good thing we acquired him *after* pride night 😭😭😭
Leafsfan98 et drambui a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 79
I get that he’s a big D with familiarity in Toronto but he’s been straight up really bad this year. And it’s not like he has a trash D partner, he’s been playing with Mintyukov about 3/4 of his ice time. Brad baffles me again
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 33
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
3rd Rd pick is fair value with %50 retain and a 6th Rd pick for an extra %25 is also fair.
Having cap space is good.
Not giving up any prospects is also good.
Also gaining a prospect who Trev hand pick is good, considering Dubas leftovers may not be to Tre's liking.
This is a W for the Leafs.

The Leafs 2nd Rd pick in 2027 wasn't getting any seller's interest, so Tanev was never a thing, with Tre holding onto the 1st Rd'er.
29 févr. à 23 h 41
I am not Score
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 21
Leaf fans: "can we get Tanev?"
Brad: "we have Tanev at home."

Tanev at home:
NARC311 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 45
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,265
Everybody got what they wanted. How is this not a fair deal?

Lyubushkin got the third all of us Anaheim faithful predicted. Toronto got the depth defender that they think they need. Carolina's front office got some paperwork practice.
aadoyle et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 47
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
You know what is kind of funny, all three Draft picks Lybushkin have been traded for (in 3 separate trades over 2 years) are from the 2025 Draft, Tor. 2nd, Tor. 3rd and Min. 4th.
Saskleaf et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 53
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,951
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Toronto - got a #7 defender and had to pay a 3rd + 6th YIKES

Anaheim - got a 3rd for a #7 defender on a bad contract. massive W

Carolina - got a pick for eating cap space. W

Bush isn't a number 7... He's a solid defensive guy for Rielly who hits hard and is a righty for a 3rd...
29 févr. à 23 h 54
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Bush isn't a number 7... He's a solid defensive guy for Rielly who hits hard and is a righty for a 3rd...

Best part about Capfriendly is we can't delete our comments and we can come back to these. He's a BAD 3rd pairing defender that will get eaten alive in the playoffs.
Andy_Dick et seanrushton a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 23 h 57
Leafs going to Leafs
I've really liked Libby so happy Leafs get him back...

the real winners are Leafs Fans bc they are know not forced to watch Rielly-Brodie for another game
29 févr. à 23 h 58
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Best part about Capfriendly is we can't delete our comments and we can come back to these. He's a BAD 3rd pairing defender that will get eaten alive in the playoffs.

See you then...

Brad knows he's got Boston/Florida/New York and needs a partner for Rielly... why not go with something that worked?
1 mars à 0 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 269
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
About as mid of a trade as it gets. The fact there is double retention seems to indicate that there is a larger deal coming. If this is the only move we make, then this TDL will be a complete failure.

I myself don't really like Boosh, but he costs less than league min and it only cost us 2 late picks in a weaker draft class. I can't even find anything to complain about here, its just such a "meh" deal. I guess if I had to pick a winner, I'd say the Ducks.

I thought 2025 was supposed to be a good draft class?
1 mars à 0 h 4
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,049
Quoting: LordStanlersCup
I thought 2025 was supposed to be a good draft class?

I like our odds better in this years draft, especially as it pertains to defensemen
1 mars à 0 h 5
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 269
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
3rd Rd pick is fair value with %50 retain and a 6th Rd pick for an extra %25 is also fair.
Having cap space is good.
Not giving up any prospects is also good.
Also gaining a prospect who Trev hand pick is good, considering Dubas leftovers may not be to Tre's liking.
This is a W for the Leafs.

The Leafs 2nd Rd pick in 2027 wasn't getting any seller's interest, so Tanev was never a thing, with Tre holding onto the 1st Rd'er.

The NHL made it so that you cant trade retention for picks straight up anymore so Carolina added a nothing prospect to be essentially the future considerations so it wasnt really Tre picking a prospect but it will still an okay trade though
1 mars à 0 h 18
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
So the answer to the TJ Brody issues is...Boosh?
1 mars à 1 h 11
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 480
Modifié 1 mars à 1 h 30
Seems like a pretty even trade all around from my point of view.

Anaheim originally paid a 2025 4th rounder to get Lyubushkin. After half a season and retaining half his cap hit they recoup a 2025 third rounder. Solid bit of business for a team still deep in the rebuilding phase.

Carolina weren't going to be using their retention spots since they're contenders and had the cap space to spare, so why not buy a late draft pick for retaining a few hundred thousand?

There's some familiarity with Lyubushkin and the Leafs, and he helps fill their need for defensively minded RHD. He's more of a bottom pairing guy but should help balance out their blue line. Hopefully this helps thin out the wave of mock trades involving the Leafs trying to add Seattle's decidedly less available right handed defensemen, Larsson and Borgen. Lyubushkin isn't close to the caliber of player they are but he was acquired to fill a somewhat similar role.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 1 h 15
MajorMoose
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,602
Be in on a big piece and then settle for a depth player

The Treliving trade deadline special
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
1 mars à 1 h 18
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
So the answer to the TJ Brody issues is...Boosh?

Brodie has been much better on the left and Reilly does well with these types of guys

Rielly-Brodie was just not good anymore, needed to keep Brodie on the left so there yah go
HockeyManiac95 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage