SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(CGY/DAL/NJD) - Tanev for Grushnikov, 2024 2nd (DAL), 2026 4th (DAL), 2026 3rd (DAL) for Brady

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

28 févr. à 21 h 49
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
Quoting: aadoyle
If Zadorov and Tanev were to go to TOR a 1st + would have went the other way to make up for the no 2nd's lul

Brad was fine with spending a 1st on multiple pieces and a blockbuster was ready to be had back in NOV.

My guess it would have been

2024 1st + 3rd + 2026 3rd + Timmins and a prospect. All CGY would have to do is ret on both

But there were issues with ret and other factors

Many reports of TML not trading away their 1st. At least without extention.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
28 févr. à 21 h 53
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 26
Everyone saying Grushnikov is a good prospect need to look at his stats this year and last year in juniors. Players who score that little in those lower leagues very rarely make an impact. His ceiling is realistically a bottom pair defenseman
28 févr. à 21 h 56
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,237
Dallas got what they needed. Calgary and New Jersey got what they wanted. How is this not a fair trade?!?

I don't understand (or agree with) all of the people that are raving about Dallas "winning" this trade. Everyone with a lick of sense knew that Calgary's alleged "demand" of a first for Tanev was puffery. So the Flames ended up with a prospect and a second with a shot for a third. That's a decent return for an expiring asset.
28 févr. à 22 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,342
Great deal for Dallas but I don’t hate this return for Calgary either
OldNYIfan et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
28 févr. à 22 h 9
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,581
Quoting: Random2152
Maybe I'm mixing it up with the price for a UFA negotiating rights

That would be it
Random2152 et majormoose007 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. à 22 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,957
Quoting: jpsnow13
Many reports of TML not trading away their 1st. At least without extention.

There was that but also Friedman mentioning if the 1st was to go they would be okay as long as 2 players were to come back

Brad would have been fine with it anyways as he was the one who signed both guys in the first place. Like the deal almost happened in NOV it was just ret and some other stuff that shot it down

Either way one could argue CGY should have just made the deal way back in NOV considering the outcomes now
28 févr. à 22 h 55
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,821
I wish the hawks got in on this, but Dallas probably gate kept them from getting that sweet 4th rounder lol.
28 févr. à 23 h 45
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
OMG! A meaningful trade finally happened...and I'm pissed lol. Dallas easily wins this deal.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 0 h 4
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 729
Philly and Nashville in playoff spots potential selling seems to be hurting market
29 févr. à 0 h 12
hes dynamite
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 36
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Dallas got what they needed. Calgary and New Jersey got what they wanted. How is this not a fair trade?!?

I don't understand (or agree with) all of the people that are raving about Dallas "winning" this trade. Everyone with a lick of sense knew that Calgary's alleged "demand" of a first for Tanev was puffery. So the Flames ended up with a prospect and a second with a shot for a third. That's a decent return for an expiring asset.

Tanev wasnt worth a first this year for the same reason Schenn wasnt worth a first last year. These players are important and useful, but if you dont put up big scoring numbers you just dont have massive value. Every cup winning team needs players like this, but none of them pay big assets or money to acquire them and thats part of the value of them.
29 févr. à 0 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 5
Modifié 29 févr. à 9 h 37
What does Brady add to the deal? Was the trade for Jersey initially just retain Tanev and get a fourth? Was the trade sent to the NHL and they were like 'Hey you can't do that since it is technically just New Jersey buying a fourth rounder for 1.125 million', so then the Devils said 'Fine we'll add the signing rights to a guy whose rights expire in a few months and we have no intention of signing' just so they could say they contributed to the deal in some way?
29 févr. à 0 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: jpsnow13
That's two low 2nd +4th for a 75% retained top 4 Dman.

How dead was the market that Calgary didn't believe they could get more value at TDL?

Come on. Last week there were people saying they had to move him because of his durability, and that they risked losing him for nothing with a serious injury.
Now they sold "too low, too early". I wouldn't have been surprised if he got a first, but I didn't think it was a sure thing. If they value Grushnikov as a second, then they did pretty well.

I think they did alright. Seems pretty fair to me. 2nd, decent prospect, and a conditional third. Dallas did alright, too. Warrior D that everybody wants at the deadline, even if he's showing the mileage.
OldNYIfan et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 0 h 47
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 952
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
OMG! A meaningful trade finally happened...and I'm pissed lol. Dallas easily wins this deal.

After the Avs whooped them 5-1; my first comment was: "well if that doesn't motivate Dallas to go get Tanev, I don't know what will".
CSStrowbridge et HockeyManiac95 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 2 h 28
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Wow. Dallas easily wins this one. Craig Conroy needs to be fired.

Dallas gets Tanev for barely more than $1 million. They give up a 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th. Artem Grushnikov isn't doing well enough in the AHL to suggest he will be an impact player in the NHL. Meanwhile, Cole Brady will likely become a free agent in August.

Jersey got a 4th for $1.125 million in cap space. That's not bad. I would be happy with that.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 6 h 47
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
In general, if this is the way y’all value your defensive prospects, please do more deals with my team. We’ll give you the value you think they have without question, take them off your hands.
TheGxForum et AWarmCanadian a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 7 h 51
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 769
Quoting: mondo
Calgary should've been asking for a first minimum, believe they got fleeced.

I'm sure they were asking for a 1st. Apparently, no team offered them one, or at least no other team offered them a 1st + a prospect.

How did CAL get fleeced, exactly? Did you talk to some GMs around the league that were offering them a better return? Or are you just not thinking?
29 févr. à 8 h 41
thegx.ca/forum
Rejoint: déc. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Another sad day for Calgary😫
29 févr. à 8 h 45
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Quoting: Jim_N1ll
Everyone saying Grushnikov is a good prospect need to look at his stats this year and last year in juniors. Players who score that little in those lower leagues very rarely make an impact. His ceiling is realistically a bottom pair defenseman

Grushnikov is a DFD lol, of course his points are low
29 févr. à 9 h 28
I am not Score
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 21
Quoting: dgibb10
T-minus 1 minute until flames fans start overrating the living **** out of a prospect they didn't know existed last week

They're already underrating the s*** out of Chris "blocking every puck with his face" Tanev lol. The audacity from these jealous fanbases...
TheGxForum et dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 9 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 952
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
hey give up a 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th.

And the 3rd is only if they make it to Stanley Cup final; otherwise it goes away.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 9 h 34
Hockey/Caps fan
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 147
Seems pretty fair to me. Might give a slight edge to Dallas with regards to the retention. Getting Tanev at 25% of his cap hit is really good for what they gave up. I might not say the same if they got him at 50%, definitely not if there were no retention.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 10 h 4
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Quoting: TN_T
Where's the option for Toronto loses this trade?

Why?
29 févr. à 10 h 4
Modifié 29 févr. à 10 h 21
Just happy Jim Nill isn’t happy with where the team is. With the salary retention, they still have plenty of room to make another splash.
29 févr. à 10 h 7
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Grushnikov is a DFD lol, of course his points are low

Even among DFD, his point production is almost nonexistent, which historically doesn’t bode well for a impactful NHL career. He was never playing top minutes in the AHL this year, getting jumped by almost everyone in the defensive totem pole. He was a lesser D prospect than Bischel, Kyrou, White, Minnetian and Bertucci in there system, so not a major loss at all.
29 févr. à 10 h 7
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
IMO, 1st = 2 2nds+3rd

What Calgary got for Tanev: 1 2nd, 1 former 2nd and 1 3rd...

I think Calgary's pretty happy with their return

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage