SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #3: After Further Review...

11 févr. à 16 h 1
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,296
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I feel you…Devils have had a few of those this year.

I saw Harris, who else was hurt?

Guhle hurt his ribs near the end of the game
11 févr. à 16 h 5
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,386
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I see you didn't watch any of the video's

But as you wish, The best one is:

Tom Wilson on Artemi Panarin AND Pavel Buchnevich - 1 game suspension and a $5 000 fine on May 3rd, 2021

Here's the link: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/brawl-ensues-wilson-crosschecks-buchnevich-body-slams-panarin/

And:

Jaco Trouba on Trent Fredric - $5 000 fine on November 23rd, 2023

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuAXPRrOnfs

I've seen them all, dude. You have no clue what an equivalency is. But hey, at least you have cherry picking down pat. tears of joy
11 févr. à 16 h 6
mokumboi
Quoting: mv21227
Perron is the closest comparable for Rielly. He got 6 games with no prior suspension history. That’s what Rielly should get

You're spot on on the closest comp by far. The thing is, Rielly's offense was easily worse then Perron's. And Perron's suspension was too soft anyway.
mv21227 a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 16 h 10
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,039
Quoting: mokumboi
I've seen them all, dude. You have no clue what an equivalency is. But hey, at least you have cherry picking down pat. tears of joy

These are just the tip of the iceberg, I've listed 15+ examples and you've given me 1 less accurate one...
11 févr. à 16 h 22
mokumboi
These are just the tip of the iceberg, I've listed 15+ examples and you've given me 1 less accurate one...

Whatever, dude. You've thrown up every flailing whataboutism in the book, and somehow still pretend that Grieg's offense was more egregious then Rielly's. Which is 14 exits past idiotic and six past "OMG how soft are you, precious?"

Have some dignity FCOL.
11 févr. à 16 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,459
Based on his historical comps, yes...

And the SN panel, Methot, Giroux's PG comments, Keefe, Tavares and others either have stayed neutral or have liked Rielly's response

“Sometimes that kind of stuff happens. But I didn’t like seeing him get hit in the face there”

- Giroux, last night.

“I sincerely believe Morgan Rielly should get suspended”

- Marc Methot.

“I thought it was appropriate. Our players have the right to react.”

- Keefe

So first two didn’t really defend Rielly at all…and Keefe’s quote puts him in running for dumbest quote of the year by a coach.
mokumboi, McGruff, mv21227 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 16 h 30
Leafs going to Leafs
Whatever, dude. You've thrown up every flailing whataboutism in the book, and somehow still pretend that Grieg's offense was more egregious then Rielly's. Which is 14 exits past idiotic and six past "OMG how soft are you, precious?"

Have some dignity FCOL.

You're the one saying Rielly should get a long term suspension when every other comp has said Rielly should get 2 or less games

And since when is a 1 or 2 game suspension considered nothing?

And I'm explaining to you that when you break code, the league won't punish the other guy as much as they would if you didn't... That''s what it is...
11 févr. à 16 h 32
Leafs going to Leafs
“Sometimes that kind of stuff happens. But I didn’t like seeing him get hit in the face there”

- Giroux, last night.

“I sincerely believe Morgan Rielly should get suspended”

- Marc Methot.

“I thought it was appropriate. Our players have the right to react.”

- Keefe

So first two didn’t really defend Rielly at all…and Keefe’s quote puts him in running for dumbest quote of the year by a coach.

Giroux was very neutral... Which mean he knows his guy was in the wrong...

But Methot said: "I loved what Rielly did as a response," and didn't mention it to be a long term suspension... Marc Methot, the biggest leaf hater ever, is saying that he liked what Rielly did...

And Keefe defended his guy... Most opinion in a press conference I've heard from him in a long time
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 16 h 34
mokumboi
You're the one saying Rielly should get a long term suspension when every other comp has said Rielly should get 2 or less games

And I'm explaining to you that when you break code, the league won't punish the other guy as much as they would if you didn't... That''s what it is...

These "comps" are all in your head, just like the "code". The only comp that is relevant here is Dale Hunter. Comp that one.

We're done here. Enjoy your convenient delusions. I can't wait until you guys miss the playoffs this year.
11 févr. à 16 h 35
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
and Keefe’s quote puts him in running for dumbest quote of the year by a coach.

It's even dumber because DOPS is going to see it as almost a dare. They are going to have a ton of people in their ears about player safety when a guy hits someone in the face/head with a stick wanting a suspension, and you have a coach involved saying not only is it not a big deal, it was appropriate. Pretty sure they are going to want to disabuse that notion. He can thank his coach (and his own stupidity) if he gets a lengthy suspension.
McGruff, mokumboi, ricochetii and 2 others a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 16 h 40
Leafs going to Leafs
These "comps" are all in your head, just like the "code". The only comp that is relevant here is Dale Hunter. Comp that one.

We're done here. Enjoy your convenient delusions. I can't wait until you guys miss the playoffs this year.

I see you are tired of being a troll...

Your utter delusion will not be missed
11 févr. à 16 h 43
mokumboi
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
It's even dumber because DOPS is going to see it as almost a dare. They are going to have a ton of people in their ears about player safety when a guy hits someone in the face/head with a stick wanting a suspension, and you have a coach involved saying not only is it not a big deal, it was appropriate. Pretty sure they are going to want to disabuse that notion. He can thank his coach (and his own stupidity) if he gets a lengthy suspension.

Keefe should be suspended, too.
11 févr. à 16 h 54
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,419

The most recent close comp is Perron, and Dale Hunter is a closer comp than any other. So that’s 6 games or 21 games
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 17 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,070
Quoting: mv21227
Perron is the closest comparable for Rielly. He got 6 games with no prior suspension history. That’s what Rielly should get

Meanwhile repeat offenders got 4 for the same stuff last year. Headshot crosscheck for guys with suspensions before got 4.

DOPS is lost beyond belief

They decide to over-punish someone and so are gonna keep the trend going despite having a standard last season

Just gonna wait for them to fine a player or give em only a game for the same thing and the standard goes bye again

As its Parros and his wheel of punishment. He never gets it right lul

We all saw Wilson and that 5k fine
11 févr. à 17 h 43
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong

1. Puts own players at risk
2. Gives opponents bulletin board material
3. But worst of all…a guy who has been benching stars, asking for accountability…now claims they have a “right” to react. Calls it “appropriate” to act like entitled baby.

Maybe it’s just me…but seemed like it was a good time to be the adult in the room and ask for that accountability.
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 18 h 4
Quoting: aadoyle
Meanwhile repeat offenders got 4 for the same stuff last year. Headshot crosscheck for guys with suspensions before got 4.

DOPS is lost beyond belief

They decide to over-punish someone and so are gonna keep the trend going despite having a standard last season

Just gonna wait for them to fine a player or give em only a game for the same thing and the standard goes bye again

As its Parros and his wheel of punishment. He never gets it right lul

We all saw Wilson and that 5k fine

They have already said there will be an in-person hearing, which makes it fairly likely there will be longer suspension attached (less than 6 games can be done over phone)

Here is a list of all the in-person hearings since Parros took over in Sept 2017 (and the number of games suspension)

Perron 6 games
Marchand 6 games
Spezza 6 games
Lemieux 5 games
Kadri 8 games
Wilson 7 games
Kassian 7 games
Kadri 5 games
Wilson 20 games
Burrows 10 games
Rinaldo 6 games
Gudas 10 games
11 févr. à 18 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 11 févr. à 18 h 13
They have already said there will be an in-person hearing, which makes it fairly likely there will be longer suspension attached (less than 6 games can be done over phone)

Here is a list of all the in-person hearings since Parros took over in Sept 2017 (and the number of games suspension)

Perron 6 games
Marchand 6 games
Spezza 6 games
Lemieux 5 games
Kadri 8 games
Wilson 7 games
Kassian 7 games
Kadri 5 games
Wilson 20 games
Burrows 10 games
Rinaldo 6 games
Gudas 10 games

474kzy.png?a474336

Sums it best for 2 guys on that list with a third joining lul

As when u compare them to the repeat offenders yea not a good look for DOPS Parros

How he still have a job as at this point DOPS is a meme

Anyways expect an appeal if higher than 4.
LeafsForLife et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 18 h 17
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 220
Keefe should be suspended, too.

If you haven’t already, get a job in the DOPS, you’ll fit right in. Failing that, become a comedian, I’ve laughed at a few your posts so far, mistaking them for satire
11 févr. à 19 h 39
Hakuna Matata
https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1601035248468623361

I honestly forgot about this one

And that got 1 game btw

Idk that felt worse than what Perron or Rielly did lul
11 févr. à 19 h 43
474kzy.png?a474336

Sums it best for 2 guys on that list with a third joining lul

As when u compare them to the repeat offenders yea not a good look for DOPS Parros

How he still have a job as at this point DOPS is a meme

Anyways expect an appeal if higher than 4.

The point is…all in-person hearings = 5+ games

It’s probably a little late to be debating 1-2 games vs fine
11 févr. à 19 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 11 févr. à 20 h 26
The point is…all in-person hearings = 5+ games

It’s probably a little late to be debating 1-2 games vs fine

In general what all this proves is Parros should not be running DOPS

Thats all we got to take away from all these over punishments this season
11 févr. à 20 h 50
mokumboi
Quoting: LeafsForLife
If you haven’t already, get a job in the DOPS, you’ll fit right in. Failing that, become a comedian, I’ve laughed at a few your posts so far, mistaking them for satire

Heh. Yeah. I'm the wacky one here, being against vicious unwarranted assaults followed by public praise for the act. Kooky stuff. Dude's getting a long suspension, but presumably not as long as it should be, so just save the usual victimhood act and be happy with the discount you're gonna get.
11 févr. à 21 h 28

Many of the decisions have been inconsistent...and I feel like they have grown more lenient on head shots.

But Parros is a Jersey kid...so I won't bash him too much.
11 févr. à 21 h 35
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,120
I see you didn't watch any of the video's

But as you wish, The best one is:

Tom Wilson on Artemi Panarin AND Pavel Buchnevich - 1 game suspension and a $5 000 fine on May 3rd, 2021

Here's the link: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/brawl-ensues-wilson-crosschecks-buchnevich-body-slams-panarin/

And:

Jaco Trouba on Trent Fredric - $5 000 fine on November 23rd, 2023

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuAXPRrOnfs

Your first comp is the Wilson on Panarin scrum, which I'm pretty sure -nobody- was happy with the outcome of. If your first "comp" is an incident that was widely condemned as one of the worst DoPS decisions in the past few years, I don't think it's gonna carry the water you want it to.

Your second comp is Trouba and Frederic getting tied up near the goal and Trouba clipping Frederic on the back of the head with a one-handed follow through on his stick. Should it have been called? 100%. Is it anywhere near comparable to what Rielly did? Absofrigginlutely not. It was a hockey play - a sloppy and sneaky play, but it was during the course of action and you could at least make a half-hearted defense of it. Rielly hit Grieg after he scored, with play stopped, in a non-hockey situation. The only reason it wasn't a straight cross-check to the head was Grieg saw it coming and braced himself.

you can't say that DoPS has been unreliable and not punishing people in the past and then complain that they're "over-punishing" guys this year. if anything, that means that they're actually trying to do the one thing we're all asking them to: be consistent in your punishments and actually try and use these punishments as deterrents. I actually do hope that this is the beginning of them being more of a consistent and useful department that helps legislate the dirtier moments out of this game.
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 21 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 11 févr. à 21 h 45
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
Your first comp is the Wilson on Panarin scrum, which I'm pretty sure -nobody- was happy with the outcome of. If your first "comp" is an incident that was widely condemned as one of the worst DoPS decisions in the past few years, I don't think it's gonna carry the water you want it to.

Your second comp is Trouba and Frederic getting tied up near the goal and Trouba clipping Frederic on the back of the head with a one-handed follow through on his stick. Should it have been called? 100%. Is it anywhere near comparable to what Rielly did? Absofrigginlutely not. It was a hockey play - a sloppy and sneaky play, but it was during the course of action and you could at least make a half-hearted defense of it. Rielly hit Grieg after he scored, with play stopped, in a non-hockey situation. The only reason it wasn't a straight cross-check to the head was Grieg saw it coming and braced himself.

you can't say that DoPS has been unreliable and not punishing people in the past and then complain that they're "over-punishing" guys this year. if anything, that means that they're actually trying to do the one thing we're all asking them to: be consistent in your punishments and actually try and use these punishments as deterrents. I actually do hope that this is the beginning of them being more of a consistent and useful department that helps legislate the dirtier moments out of this game.

Seem your new to the whole DOPS talk so let me explain

DOPS has been unreliable since the day Parros took over

He has no standard everyone agrees here. Why u think we joke about the wheel or watch it be a 5k fine.

This season especially its been pretty bad especially with overpunishments, 6 games b2b for first time offenders when the standard last year was at most 2-3 games and 4 for repeat doing this stuff. And u know why we say overpunishments cause as said before 0 standard. Watch someone else gonna do what Rielly and Perron did or something worse get 2 games then we be going huh

Especially when got guys like Wilson rag dolling people nothing, Bennett choke slamming someone and that list goes on but hey least it aint nothing 5k fine or a 1 game slap on the wrist.

Least the NYR had the ballz to call him out. Wish more orgs would do the same as while it aint cheap would show guys not fit to run that department
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage