SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(WPG/LAK) - Dubois for Iafallo, Kupari, Vilardi, 2024 2nd (MTL)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 juin 2023 à 20 h 38
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 232
Holy smokes, the Jets took Blake to the cleaners on this one. Kings lose Villardi and Iafallo plus a 2nd rounder in a deep draft... for a locker room cancer who quits on teams. And said cancer is now on the hook for 8.5M for 8 years. Jesus ****ing Christ, this is a terrible trade for the kings.
CD282, Rolfadinho, CSStrowbridge and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2023 à 20 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Quoting: Steve_Durbanofan11
Another guy going to the Leafs eh. Must be hard getting seats on flights to Toronto with all the players going there.

When your a competitive team looking for good players theres always gonna be a link

Dont be jelly
27 juin 2023 à 20 h 45
yotes own canada
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 746
Dubois is not finishing his contract with the Kings just watch
weirfanno1 a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2023 à 21 h 32
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,771
Quoting: aadoyle
If you look him up there have been a few articles by Kings reporters talking about how his time in LA could be running out. And in playoffs he played 2 games then HS the rest

With Iaffalo and Vilardi being moved things could change but that was the question coming out. Cause we already saw Durzi be moved which was a bit of a surprise

Hopefully they play him with PLD and Fiala or something

I'd love to see Kaliyev in Edmonton. Depending on the cost, of course. LA seems to be in the mood for losing trades today though...
27 juin 2023 à 21 h 39
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: pinslack
If we compare player values, a similar offer from MTL would have been :

Dach
Dvorak
Ylonen
2nd pick 2023 (37 overall)

I think that’s better than the package Winnipeg got from LA, especially since Dach is signed for 3 more years. It wouldn’t bother me to give up those players for Dubois. I’d be more concerned with the 8x$8.5M.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Montreal never wanted Dubois in the first place, and it was just a lot of people speculating, which Dubois – and maybe Winnipeg too – played along with because it gave them more leverage with LA. Montreal has developed a nice, young, mostly homegrown nucleus with Suzuki as the captain. Bringing in an outsider who’s a little older and more experienced as their highest paid player might have messed up that dynamic.
27 juin 2023 à 22 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
Vilardi has the potential to be as good as Dubois has been.... and Dubois still has untapped potential..but i dont know if we ever see it. He always leaves you wanting more....and now hes getting paid like hes already given his best.

throw in the other pieces Wpg got...and its a clear win- even if Iafalo is a little overpaid . Kupari still has upside and a high pick in a deep draft.
27 juin 2023 à 22 h 25
I’m a little surprised that people are saying this is such a big win for Winnipeg. It’s not a bad return, and it could work out really well for them, but a few things have tempered my enthusiasm:

1) Expectations were low, but this was a sign and trade, so the return should be better than if Dubois was unsigned or eligible to become a UFA in a year, because there is no uncertainty for LA. They know they’re getting a long-term asset and exactly how much cap hit it’s going to cost them.

2) The only player the Jets got who’s signed is Iaffalo. He’s a useful player, and he’ll help them, but at $4M cap hit, it’s likely that LA needed to throw him in to clear cap space for Dubois. He was probably a neutral asset at best (i.e., they wouldn’t have had to pay to get rid of him, but they wouldn’t have got much for him in a separate trade either).

3) The key piece for Winnipeg is Vilardi, but there’s a lot of uncertainty around him. He’s only played one full NHL season – the short covid season – but perhaps more importantly, he’s an unsigned RFA with arbitration rights coming off his best season. That’s exactly what Dubois was! They don’t know what it’s going to cost to sign him or how long they’ll be able to keep him around.

4) Kupari is also unsigned. He hasn’t shown much at the NHL level so far, and he doesn’t have arbitration rights, so I don’t think they need to worry about having to give him a big raise, but he’s no longer waivers exempt, so he’ll have to develop quickly at the NHL level or they could lose him for nothing if they try to send him down.

I also disagree with the claims that LA got fleeced. They got the player they wanted with long-term cost certainty without giving up any major assets. You may not like the player or agree with the signing, but in terms of what it took to acquire him, I think they did fine.
pinslack, poeticentropy et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2023 à 23 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Quoting: CD282
I'd love to see Kaliyev in Edmonton. Depending on the cost, of course. LA seems to be in the mood for losing trades today though...

Idk the WPG would could be a massive W if Vilardi does not repeat what he did this year and PLD finally becomes the 2C people expected

Cause Vilardi has been streaky
27 juin 2023 à 23 h 40
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,066
Huh. And for the last year Montreal fans have been telling everyone that the Jets had no leverage and the Jets would have to accept garbage or Montreal would just sign him for free.

How is this possible? Why didn't PLD wait for that lame $4 mil/one year offer sheet?
28 juin 2023 à 2 h 11
Good nerd
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 424
This really limits the Kings' options on filling out the rest of their roster for this season. They have put themselves in a position where they probably need to attach picks to dump Arvidsson. And what the hell are they going to do in net?
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2023 à 2 h 49
ButIActLikeIDid
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 37
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Pretty fair deal for both sides. The equivalent offer sheet would have been 4 1st round picks, which is about the value going to WPG. Solid return for a guy who requested a trade

Where do you get the 4 1st round picks from?
28 juin 2023 à 7 h 31
Quoting: Steve_Durbanofan11
Another guy going to the Leafs eh. Must be hard getting seats on flights to Toronto with all the players going there.

LOL! Actually, getting into Toronto is easy. The issue at Pearson is leaving the city.
28 juin 2023 à 7 h 50
Quoting: aadoyle
Idk the WPG would could be a massive W if Vilardi does not repeat what he did this year and PLD finally becomes the 2C people expected

Cause Vilardi has been streaky

I don't see any scenario where this could be a "massive" win for LA. At best they break even.
28 juin 2023 à 9 h 4
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: INeverPlayedHockey
Where do you get the 4 1st round picks from?

(8.5M x 8) / 5 = 13.6M

That would be in the range for 4 first rounds picks
28 juin 2023 à 9 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 965
Very interested in the lines for both teams; post-trade. I know that there is still work to be done on both sides but LA used up their forward depth to make this happen and leaves a top 9 of:

(based on last year)
Arvidsson - Kopitar - Kempe
Byfield - Dubois - Fiala
Moore - Danault - Kaliyev
I put Byfield/Fiala with Dubois since they were the nomads last year but you could mix it up of course.

Winnipeg:
Do they put Vilardi or Kupari at Center or try Perfetti there? They have 10 forwards competing for top 9 spots (assuming 4th line of Appleton-Stenlund-Barron/Harkins) but pretty underwhelming center options at this point and an abundance of wingers. Likely more players moving out of course.

If I were them I would offer Scheifele to Calgary for Lindholm straight up (or with some retention to make $ even) and see if you can extend Lindholm.
28 juin 2023 à 11 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1
WPG won this trade for sure.. PLD is a little over rated
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2023 à 16 h 9
ButIActLikeIDid
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 37
Oh it calculated like that?
6 juill. 2023 à 19 h 24
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,478
Quoting: VastBluepuppy424
Congrats LA, you just gave up a Huge Package for the Hockey Version of Antonio Brown

PLD’s antics are literally incomparable to Brown’s

PLD isn’t a complete asshole off the ice unlike the despicable character Brown is
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2023 à 13 h 4
ISLANDERS
Mentions "j'aime": 5
You'll see. The kings won this big time.
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2023 à 11 h 1
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,176
Never forget when he was going to the canadiens for a 2nd+dvorak
RationalHockeyFan a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2023 à 15 h 20
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 67
Quoting: dgibb10

Obsessed
RationalHockeyFan et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 3 h 14
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: Earth2Fire
You'll see. The kings won this big time.

So far, Iafallo has been outperforming PLD by himself. If any of the other three pieces hit, then Winnipeg wins by a landslide. As it is, they won by a large margin.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2023 à 23 h 31
Lets go fishing
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 205
Quoting: dgibb10

Quoting: Lavallois
Obsessed

It's only a quarter of a season after the trade, but it's starting to look like MTL dodged a bullet. Good on Bergevin to get his guy though.

I still think it's funny that Bergevin made sure the Yotes gave them MTL's 2nd rounder after Chevy said he didn't want Sean Durzi. If the Jets keep it, I will be saying "With Montreal's 2nd round pick acquired in exchange for PLD, the Jets are proud to select..." come June.
KSIxSKULLS et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2023 à 12 h 31
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,375
Quoting: RationalHockeyFan
It's only a quarter of a season after the trade, but it's starting to look like MTL dodged a bullet. Good on Bergevin to get his guy though.

I still think it's funny that Bergevin made sure the Yotes gave them MTL's 2nd rounder after Chevy said he didn't want Sean Durzi. If the Jets keep it, I will be saying "With Montreal's 2nd round pick acquired in exchange for PLD, the Jets are proud to select..." come June.

PLD looks like a monster for a game or two then you barely notice him on the ice for the next 10 games. He's a glorified Joel Armia that plays center. Huge escape for Hughes and co.
KSIxSKULLS, RationalHockeyFan, palhal and 2 others a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2023 à 21 h 24
Quoting: Andy_Dick
PLD looks like a monster for a game or two then you barely notice him on the ice for the next 10 games. He's a glorified Joel Armia that plays center. Huge escape for Hughes and co.

I guess the only consolation for LA is that they're the best team in the league now.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage