Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #7: Descending Into Madness

26 déc. 2022 à 15 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,950
Modifié 26 déc. 2022 à 15 h 32
Quoting: LIRIK
They just hired Maurice last summer on a 3 years contract, and with all the injuries they got, i don't think they fire him year 1.

Trading an unprotected 2023 1st at the 2022 trade deadline, then blowing up the team in the summer, was a big mistake. Zito should be the one fired.

What have I been preaching

Zito went in way to early and what were the results a big load of nothing. His team is at risk of missing now. Sure they won but it was a WC series in which they almost lost

Team literally looks like they did up until 2 years ago. Hyped up then miss then fall short and miss the playoffs

As in 5 months Zito spent

3 first round picks
Huberdeau
Weeger
2 prospects
3rd rounder
4th rounder

For

2 months of Claude Giroux
2 Months of Ben Chiarot
Matthew Tkachuk

And heck we factor the Reinhart trade and thats 4 1sts and 3 prospects
AndrewLadd, KSIxSKULLS, BigBallsBriere and 2 others a aimé ceci.
26 déc. 2022 à 15 h 35
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Elias Pettersson 2023 WJC assist tears of joy

Guy created a new account to destroy the lower level players
26 déc. 2022 à 15 h 44
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Quoting: aadoyle

Zito went in way to early and what were the results a big load of nothing. His team is at risk of missing now. Sure they won but it was a WC series in which they almost lost

Team literally looks like they did up until 2 years ago. Hyped up then miss then fall short and miss the playoffs

3 first round picks
Huberdeau
Weeger
2 prospects
3rd rounder
4th rounder

For

2 Months of Ben Chiarot
Matthew Tkachuk

Zito has made bad moves for sure, hiring Maurice over keeping Brunett and trading for Chiarot made no sense.

The ironic thing about your trade off list is that Tkachuk is worth all of those assets and then some. That trade was a steal for Florida, Tkachuk is by far the best player in the trade. The Reinhart trade was also a steal.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
26 déc. 2022 à 15 h 48
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,596

3 first round picks
Huberdeau
Weeger
2 prospects
3rd rounder
4th rounder

For

2 Months of Ben Chiarot
Matthew Tkachuk

Jack Hughes isnt playing in the WJC.

@Tintin @Devil

We were arguing about the wrong players this whole time. I'm afraid the Canucks fans might be right.
Juiceman, Devil et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
26 déc. 2022 à 15 h 52
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Did I miss something or does Hayes for Girard not make a ton of sense for both clubs involved? Especially of Philly is dead-set on shopping Provorov too...?
LIRIK et DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
26 déc. 2022 à 16 h 18
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: Db1899
Zito has made bad moves for sure, hiring Maurice over keeping Brunett and trading for Chiarot made no sense.

The ironic thing about your trade off list is that Tkachuk is worth all of those assets and then some. That trade was a steal for Florida, Tkachuk is by far the best player in the trade. The Reinhart trade was also a steal.

Tkachuk might be the best item in the trade, but you can't win with just 1 good player. Florida loses that trade in the short term 100%. Maybe they'll win in the long run. The asset management on that trade was horrible.
26 déc. 2022 à 16 h 24
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Tkachuk might be the best item in the trade, but you can't win with just 1 good player. Florida loses that trade in the short term 100%. Maybe they'll win in the long run. The asset management on that trade was horrible.

Florida is where they are in the standings because of goaltending and coaching. Maurice might be the worst coach in the league. They don't lose the trade in the short term. Tkachuk is more valuable than weegar and hubecrdeau combined.

Tkachuk is arguably the best even strength forward in the entire league.
26 déc. 2022 à 16 h 35
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 26 déc. 2022 à 17 h 14
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Did I miss something or does Hayes for Girard not make a ton of sense for both clubs involved? Especially of Philly is dead-set on shopping Provorov too...?

In general Colorado dont got cap so I dont see them bringing in more money.

Now I do see a Girard or Toews trade but thats in the summer. As once MacKinnon's extension is in play there will be some interesting choices to make
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
26 déc. 2022 à 17 h 16
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027
Quoting: Juiceman
He is 30 years old. This trade couldn't make less sense

He's as old as Miller and half your defense. I don't think they can get rid of Boeser without taking another similar contract anyway.

Upgrading Boeser for Hayes after losing Horvat isn't bad if management wants to compete next year.
26 déc. 2022 à 17 h 18
In general Colorado dont got cap so I dont see them bringing in more money.

Now I do see a Girard or Toews trade but thats in the summer. As once MacKinnon's extension is in play there will be some interesting choices to make

Yeah, i could see a team like MTL get Girard for cheap if they take all his cap hit without sending any contract back.
26 déc. 2022 à 17 h 21
Ex Nucks fan
He's as old as Miller and half your defense. I don't think they can get rid of Boeser without taking another similar contract anyway.

Upgrading Boeser for Hayes after losing Horvat isn't bad if management wants to compete next year.

Literally how does Miller and our defense have anything to do with this. Our management hasn't acquired anybody older than 27 years old. Why would the Canucks "dump" Boeser for a guy with a MORE EXPENSIVE and LONGER contract? Your logic is so incredibly flawed.
26 déc. 2022 à 18 h 12
Literally how does Miller and our defense have anything to do with this. Our management hasn't acquired anybody older than 27 years old. Why would the Canucks "dump" Boeser for a guy with a MORE EXPENSIVE and LONGER contract? Your logic is so incredibly flawed.

I was just saying he fits your group age if management wanna keep competing.

Didn't they acquire 30 years old Ekman-Larsson last summer?
26 déc. 2022 à 18 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Yeah, i could see a team like MTL get Girard for cheap if they take all his cap hit without sending any contract back.

Hes not gonna be a cap dump its gonna be a move for value then focus on the offseason. Like the Brown trade Colorado will get value for him if they decide to trade him. As they will move him first before spending on UFA's

But I got a feeling its Toews whose probs gone as why move a 24 year old on a good deal vs an expiring UFA.
26 déc. 2022 à 18 h 36
Hes not gonna be a cap dump its gonna be a move for value then focus on the offseason. Like the Brown trade Colorado will get value for him if they decide to trade him. As they will move him first before spending on UFA's

But I got a feeling its Toews whose probs gone as why move a 24 year old on a good deal vs an expiring UFA.

Girard is not a cap dump. With the cap situation, trading a 5M player for fair value without taking any cap back is nearly impossible. Even if he's on a good deal.

MTL could be one of few teams able to take his 5M without sending any cap back. But that would lower Girard price.
26 déc. 2022 à 18 h 42
Ex Nucks fan
I was just saying he fits your group age if management wanna keep competing.

Didn't they acquire 30 years old Ekman-Larsson last summer?

Fits our group age? He would be our oldest forward. Canucks actually have one of the youngest teams in the league. Also, no our management team did not acquire OEL
26 déc. 2022 à 18 h 54
Fits our group age? He would be our oldest forward. Canucks actually have one of the youngest teams in the league. Also, no our management team did not acquire OEL

He would be your 3rd oldest player, and only 9 months older than Miller, who you just signed for 8 years.

Last management did trade for OEL. New management only been there 1 year, doesn't mean they wouldn't trade for Hayes.

Isn't your owner making all the decisions anyway? Didn't he said he wants his team to compete next year?

I agree with you Canucks should sell almost everything and rebuild, but that might not be what they do.
26 déc. 2022 à 19 h 39
Respect Mike Grier
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

I wouldn't mind this I just think its very hard for the Avs to pull off and I'm slightly worried about Girard. He hasnt been the same player this year IMO and while he's still a great skater we're gonna need prodution out of him.

I really wonder If provy gets traded it feels like its could be happening, But Torts hasn't benched/demoted him once this season so I wonder if Torts might say no. Their is allegedly whispers of Briere becoming GM in the near future and he might be more willing to trade Provy. I Hope flyers dont get stiffed in a Provy trade, It has to be a package of young players/picks coming back or in a package to bring a Legitamente Center/Winger for the 1st line.
BeterChiarelli et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
27 déc. 2022 à 0 h 35
Ex Nucks fan
He would be your 3rd oldest player, and only 9 months older than Miller, who you just signed for 8 years.

Last management did trade for OEL. New management only been there 1 year, doesn't mean they wouldn't trade for Hayes.

Isn't your owner making all the decisions anyway? Didn't he said he wants his team to compete next year?

I agree with you Canucks should sell almost everything and rebuild, but that might not be what they do.

Canucks have been pretty dead set only acquiring players under 30…. Trading a valuable pick when we have an empty prospect pool is utter stupidity. Trading a young player when his value is lower is even dumber. They want to shed cap by trading Boeser, not add cap
27 déc. 2022 à 0 h 38
Ex Nucks fan
Seems like Canada forgot that Bedard is on their team because they would be front runners for the Bedard tank if they were in the NHL
27 déc. 2022 à 8 h 44
Respect Mike Grier
Bedard and Fantilli were trying their hardest to get taken off Torts Draft board yesterday with their michigan attempts

LMAO. Flyers are so getting Lindrosed
Db1899, Juiceman, UpsideDownQue and 3 others a aimé ceci.
27 déc. 2022 à 14 h 1
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
John Carlson is out long term.
27 déc. 2022 à 17 h 11
Respect Mike Grier
Conor Sheary having 21 Points should be illegal
27 déc. 2022 à 18 h 45
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191
Quoting: capsfan2121

Uhh. There goes my fantasy team
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
27 déc. 2022 à 19 h 42
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: capsfan2121

Canucks can offer you a Tyler Myers
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
27 déc. 2022 à 19 h 48
Ex Nucks fan
I am liking what I am seeing from Elias Pettersson (D). Hopefully he can turn into a Gustav Forsling type player, and we don't trade him for an career AHLer
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage