2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #2: Electric Boogaloo

8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 27
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,990
Modifié 8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 33
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
How was SDA in camp Leafs fans?

One of the better players we have at entering the zone with possession . Very good in transition and extremely shifty. Needs to work on his defensive play like any other young player. Great hands.

Also, it was 8-1 🤦‍♂️

Thanks Jays for taking that over. God it’s hard being a Toronto sports fan (Raps excluded)

Edit
possession
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 28
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,482
Quoting: Db1899
8-1

FellyzwWYAU1OnY?format=jpg&name=900x900
Db1899, A_Habs_fan, yikes and 3 others a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,480
Quoting: MatthewsFan
One of the better players we have at entering the zone with possession . Very good in transition and extremely shifty. Needs to work on his defensive play like any other young player. Great hands.

Also, it was 8-1 🤦‍♂️

Thanks Jays for taking that over. God it’s hard being a Toronto sports fan (Raps excluded)

Edit
possession

mmm Raps did an ooppsy last year

Remember they couldnt score a basket in the 3rd and 4th

And this was after they were doing well against the 76ers the first 2 quarters

Anyways good think I dont watch Baseball as I knew Jays werent winning as they got to many holes rn and Dodgers/Astros are better
8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 45
CF to RealGM Hockey
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 506
Alright, what I think the Stars roster looks like to begin the season: 22 players
Forwards: Robertson, Hintz, Pavelski, Marchment, Seguin, Gurianov, Benn, Faksa, Glendening, Peterson, Kiviranta, Johnston (to play 9 games), Stankoven (to play 9 games)
Defensemen: Heiskanen, Lindell, Suter, Lundkvist, Miller, Hakanpaa, Hanley
Goalies: Oettinger, Wedgewood

Sent down: Damiani, Dellandrea, Harley
Waived (& hopefully not claimed): Butcher

Damiani and Dellandrea come up to replace Johnston and Stankoven after they have each played 9 games.
8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 46
Hakuna Matata
Gonna lay out my prediction for what the 2022-2023 leafs will look like

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Engvall-Jarnkrok-Malgin
ZAR-Kampf-Kubel

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Liligren
Gio-Sandin

Extra: Mete or Benn

Murray
Samsonov

Holl gets traded for FC and yeah thats about it
kdawg32086 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 49
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,690
What I think the Canucks lineup when they are fully healthy should look like:

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Hoglander-Miller-Boeser
Podkolzin-Horvat-Garland
Pearson-Aman-Lazar

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Myers
Rathbone-Burroughs

Demko
Martin

Extras: Joshua, Dermott
8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 51
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,990
Quoting: aadoyle
mmm Raps did an ooppsy last year

Remember they couldnt score a basket in the 3rd and 4th

And this was after they were doing well against the 76ers the first 2 quarters

Anyways good think I dont watch Baseball as I knew Jays werent winning as they got to many holes rn and Dodgers/Astros are better

Raps have a Chip, that gets you cred
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Raps have a Chip, that gets you cred

Thats true could have went south but Kawhi came clutch

Maybe Ohtani will do the same for the Jays when they trade for him in 2023
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 56
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,596
Quoting: Alfie11

every light in every hockey rink in the country just turned off???? help?????????

Oh my god, I’m shocked who could’ve seen this coming *surprised Pikachu face*

Jokes aside, good, we’ve seen by her comments she shouldn’t have been there, let’s hope whoever replaces her has a shred of decency
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 21 h 3
Hakuna Matata

every light in every hockey rink in the country just turned off???? help?????????

The shovel of justice worked
8 oct. 2022 à 21 h 6
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,756

packwatch.gif
A_Habs_fan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 21 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 oct. 2022 à 21 h 16
Now if HC is smart they hire someone outside the ORG to be the next board chair
8 oct. 2022 à 21 h 31
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,970
Now if HC is smart they hire someone outside the ORG to be the next board chair

Everyone should be fired and Sheldon Kennedy + Hayley Wickenheiser should be the new leaders of Hockey Canada (or Canada Hockey if they want to rebrand)
aadoyle et yikes a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 21 h 39
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, The Final Preseason Game

Jackets lose, 4-3 in overtime against the Washington Capitals.

-This time I actually got to watch the game! A more formal notes post this time.

-The stream on the NHL app has the radio broadcast audio and the PA audio playing at the same time, mixed at basically the same volume. Whenever play is stopped, i can barely hear the Caps radio crew talking. That's gonna get annoying, I just know it.

-Martin Fehervary takes an otherwise harmless wrister from the blueline, but a good screen by Dylan Strome lets it blow right by Elvis. I couldn't even hear the horn because the PA feed was playing. I like the Caps horn/siren.

-COLUMBUS CLAPS RIGHT BACK! Patrik Laine makes a slick stick move that leads to a well-wound-up wrister (try saying that five times fast) that goes by Darcy Kuemper. Schnasty move there, Patty!

-Lars decided to run Johnson, Sillinger and Foudy as one of our lines (presumably our second or third). Maybe this works.

-Jake Bean draws an interference penalty from Garnet Hathaway which looked... kinda questionable from the angle the stream gave me. Maybe he was tripped, maybe he dove, but there was stick-on-leg contact from what I saw.

-YEGOR CHINAKHOV. THE MAN CANNOT BE STOPPED. That's goal #6 this PS. He's almost tied his goal output from last year in 7 games.

-Captain Boone gets sent off for holding Aliaksei Protas. Let's see if Washington claps back...

-Alex Ovechkin had Elvis dead to rights overcommitting to the wrong side, pack it up, get ready for the next faceoff, tie game-wait, he missed? That's a surprise. Not really a play The Great 8 flubs too often.

-Jesus, Boone, you weren't out of the sin bin for 5 seconds yet, and you get put back in there for slashing. Get ya sh*t together, dawg.

-There we go, he made up for missing the net the first time. Ovi takes his trademark slap shot from the Ovi Office™ and blasts it right by the King. Tie game as the first frame fades to black.

-The Caps radio guy accidentally referred to the Cleveland Guardians as the Indians as he was talking about today's baseball happenings. "Old habits die hard", he said. I'm glad I'm not the only one that still makes that mistake after all this time.

-Sean Kuraly puts us up 3-2. No notes about the play itself, it was a rather generic scoring chance. Good to get up again.

-Andrew Peeke and Vladislav Gavrikov are shutting down the Caps rather well so far in this period. I like this, although if they roll with this then that means Werenski-Boqvist is the top pairing and I don't like that one bit.

-Evgeny Kuznetsov caught Elvis trying to retrieve the puck off a bad bounce, but the King dives back in to make a great save. Kuzy, your room is ready at the Heartbreak Hotel.

-Nic Dowd takes a shot directly at Elvis that squeezes through his five-hole. It felt like i was watching that goal go by him in slow motion, Tied again.

-Redbeard gets sent off for slashing. We really need to stay out of the box if we want to do anything this year.

-Erik Gustafsson gets sent off for holding the freshly un-penalized Voracek. Undisciplined as all hell tonight.

-I never thought i'd ever say this, but the transition from "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts to "Killing In The Name" by Rage Against The Machine should not be as smooth as it is. Thanks, Capital One Arena DJ!

-Garnet Hathaway hits Elvis's pads and knocks him down, which kinda scared me because Elvis didn't get up before the camera switched. Thankfully, he's okay.

-Did the NHL alter the slashing rules again? There's been a noticeably large amount of slashing calls this preseason. This time John Carlson gets placed into the time-out box as the second period winds down.

-The entire third period was just a blur. Only one penalty (Patty goes to the hockey prison for holding). We're going to overtime.

-...That didn't last too long. Connor Brown and Dylan Strome find themselves on a 2-on-1 in transition and they bury it behind Elvis. Game over. That was a fun game to watch.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 21 h 49
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,346
man at least the leafs won
Bobcat205 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 21 h 56
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
download-3.png

Now i really want to do this. Time to stock up on poster board just in case...
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 22 h 10
Goodbye everyone
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,308
Should have just been Tuch until one of the kids proved hes more deserving.

As this looks very similar to what SEA did with Giordano. Now I dont know if Okoposo gets traded at the TDL but still naming a guy with 1 year left isnt the best idea IMO

Ya, I agree. I think it’s a bit of a weird choice for captain.

My guess is Cozens tbh, I think he’s got more leadership qualities. Captain of Canada at the WJC, I think he had the C in Lethbridge too. Tuch and Dahlin get the As with Cozens as the C in like 3 years.

Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
The next Captain is probably going to be Dahlin. Okposo is the Captain to bridge between years is my guess. Dahlin is the A as well as Girgensons. I'd imagine long term Dahlin is C with Cozens the A, I think Peterka gets the final A or maybe Power but we will see. Tuch didn't show leadership qualities last year not like Dahlin and Cozens anyway.

I think the next captain will be one of Power, Dahlin, Cozens, Thompson or Tuch. Beyond that I don’t know which one.
8 oct. 2022 à 22 h 12
Goodbye everyone
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,308
Jays channeling their inner leafs
8 oct. 2022 à 22 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 oct. 2022 à 22 h 40
Quoting: Saskleaf
Jays channeling their inner leafs

Only diff was leafs know how to win playoff games at least just not the elimination ones. Jays meanwhile yeah not great in the Vlad era

Jays so far

Miss
Miss
swept in WC vs Rays
miss the playoffs despite having 7 20 hr guys
swept in WC vs SEA after being shutout then blowing a 7 run lead and having Vlad, Bo, Springger, etc.

Jays management from the ground up should be fired. Only keep the pitching coach. As even if they beat the mariners they werent a fav. Follow the dodgers path and start spending. But nope president is to incompetent as how do you not trade for Juan Soto or heck convince the Angels to hand over Ohtani.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 22 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Man if the leafs dont move kerfoot the question becomes

Malgin vs Robertson for the final spot

As both to me deserve to be up but unless Kerfoot's moved its more likely we see Robertson in the AHL which is sad as to me he deserves to be in the NHL rn
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 22 h 55
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,482

Lackluster bottom 6
8 oct. 2022 à 23 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 6,515
How I think the sabres will start the season

Skinner - Thompson - Olofsson
Krebs - Cozens - Peterka
Tuch - Mittelstadt - Quinn
Asplund - Girgensons - Vinnie/Okposo (Okposo when he is back.)

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Jokiharju
Bryson - Lybushkin

Scratches
Pilut (probably sent down)
Bjork
Fitzgerald

Comrie
Anderson
First Call Up at Goalie is UPL.
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 23 h 34
Mentions "j'aime": 6,515
JJ Peterka getting more votes for Rookie of the year by the Athletic over Quinn ranked 6th is wild to me. Only players with more is Power, Beniers, McTavish, Wright, and Holloway...
8 oct. 2022 à 23 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,372

Dude f*ckin leapt into that hit.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 23 h 51
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,160
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

Dude f*ckin leapt into that hit.

Some are saying he is a modern day Kronwall

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire