Quoting: yikes
Kent Johnson*

who
19 août 2022 à 16 h 35
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,280
Bedard on the 3rd is obviously a reach for making Canada harder to manage.

McTavish could carry a line by himself, and the 2nd line has like 80 scoring chances from Kent Johnson alone. So to me; Canada wants to get Bedard going again and the Czechs showed they can push teams - Czechia was able to dominate the US and push them around in areas near both nets and had some great speed. They probably don’t want Bedard and McTavish to be targeted at the same time as McTavish ain’t small so he’s already going to be game planned against. Throwing the smaller Bedard against hopefully lower TOI rivals will allow him to thrive, so they’re trying to spread out their fire power.

Nawh Bedard has looked "meh" for the past few games. Not sure if he's tired, or what, but his demotion was warranted.
19 août 2022 à 18 h 8
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Quoting: Alfie11
Josh Roy was bad until he got put next to the goat, Ridly Greig.

L
Je was 2nd in scoring until ridley destroyed his potential
19 août 2022 à 19 h 28
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
L
Je was 2nd in scoring until ridley destroyed his potential

He was dragging down McTavish and Bedard but just happened to get the 2nd assist whenever he managed to get the puck to them and let them do the real work 😉
19 août 2022 à 19 h 29
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Modifié 19 août 2022 à 19 h 36
He was dragging down McTavish and Bedard but just happened to get the 2nd assist whenever he managed to get the puck to them and let them do the real work 😉

Roy just got a goal tonight, Greig didn't
At least us Habs Fans aren't saying that we only trade him for Chychrun AND Keller
19 août 2022 à 19 h 30
WentWughes

Think you're trolling because It's Dom, but this isn't exactly how it went. The line was best when Roy was beside McTavish + Bedard because he's a Hyman type player.
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
19 août 2022 à 19 h 35
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Think you're trolling because It's Dom, but this isn't exactly how it went. The line was best when Roy was beside McTavish + Bedard because he's a Hyman type player.

I personally liked Othmann better there, but to each their own. Cameron seems to hate Othmann for some reason. Roy wasn’t bad there, but I definitely liked him a lot better with Greig and Dufour, I thought that line had great chemistry and dominated every matchup they faced for the few games they were a thing.
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Roy just got a goal tonight, Greig didn't
At least us Habs Fans aren't saying that we don't are him for Chychrun AND Keller

You’re really gonna talk like that about a guy that was universally regarded as one of Canada’s better forwards and is now hurt? And you don’t get to say ANYTHING about overvaluing your players ever again, at any point in time lol
19 août 2022 à 22 h 30
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,454
Let's go Finland
Db1899, MatthewsFan, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
19 août 2022 à 23 h 28
WentWughes

Yikes lol.. from potential #1 overall pick to late 1st to healthy scratch in the WJC
19 août 2022 à 23 h 31
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,603

Yikes lol.. from potential #1 overall pick to late 1st to healthy scratch in the WJC

Yea he was pretty disappointing this year at WJC. What's a Shame. I was really high on him he has a lot of raw Talent but needs to learn how to use it.
KSIxSKULLS et yikes a aimé ceci.
19 août 2022 à 23 h 32
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,102

he's a guy that needs to play on a line with high end players or he'll never be successful. Finland also plays a more conservative game, which doesn't mesh with his skillset. He needs to play a run and gun style.
20 août 2022 à 7 h 25
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403

He has a lot of talent but I’d definitely say the potential for Nail Yakupov 2.0 is there
20 août 2022 à 10 h 11
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,835
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
He has a lot of talent but I’d definitely say the potential for Nail Yakupov 2.0 is there

Yeah it’s further made me way more comfortable with Griers decision at the draft.

Obviously I was critical as was most of the world - Lambert at 11 would have been a poor decision, and although I still love Kemell and Lekki I haven’t soured by watching this tourney. Lekki and Kemell didn’t truly WOW me and Bystedt looks like a very safe projecting player. Lambert just continues to have too many lapses of judgement both on the ice and seemingly mentally. I truly hope he does well (as with Kemell and Lekki) but I personally put a lot of stock into how you play at the WJC.

Like Stankoven Forester and Johnson for example; all actually played well when they weren’t producing and last night they were producing and easily are the best line Team Canada has based off their full sample size imo. They’ve been so good and when they were struggling they weren’t showing it or playing brutal. Their overall body of work puts a lot of encouragement in them for me - not just the good but also how they were when they were “bad”.

Faceoff deniers @tintin will argue Stankovens 100% faceoff percentage last night doesn’t matter.
Tintin, zk97 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 10 h 31
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Yeah it’s further made me way more comfortable with Griers decision at the draft.

Obviously I was critical as was most of the world - Lambert at 11 would have been a poor decision, and although I still love Kemell and Lekki I haven’t soured by watching this tourney. Lekki and Kemell didn’t truly WOW me and Bystedt looks like a very safe projecting player. Lambert just continues to have too many lapses of judgement both on the ice and seemingly mentally. I truly hope he does well (as with Kemell and Lekki) but I personally put a lot of stock into how you play at the WJC.

Like Stankoven Forester and Johnson for example; all actually played well when they weren’t producing and last night they were producing and easily are the best line Team Canada has based off their full sample size imo. They’ve been so good and when they were struggling they weren’t showing it or playing brutal. Their overall body of work puts a lot of encouragement in them for me - not just the good but also how they were when they were “bad”.

Faceoff deniers tintin will argue Stankovens 100% faceoff percentage last night doesn’t matter.

Lmao Dallas didn’t draft Stankoven because he’s so freaking good, they drafted him because he’s so good on faceoff’s.
Tintin a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 12 h 0
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Lmao Dallas didn’t draft Stankoven because he’s so freaking good, they drafted him because he’s so good on faceoff’s.

Hey man - all I’m saying is the performance in the dot last night made his line lethal and have so much flexibility, and he was playing great as well.
EsoYeezus69 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 13 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,055

He probs mouthed off again to one of the coaching staff
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 30
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
Johnson - Stankoven - Foerster was an unstoppable force. Stankoven and Johnson are just everywhere, and Foerster finds the right places. They'll score at least 2 tonight.

Bedard has become a tad unimpressive to me. First and foremost, he does not like to pass the puck. Like, at all. As soon as he gets the puck on the opposing side of the red line, his only thought is "I'm gonna score". Even on the PP, the only time he passed was when he then opened up for a one timer. TBH, I'm starting to like Brayden Yager more and more, and although Bedard is just so dynamic, Yager passes the puck smartly. Idk man, with Bedard doing this crap and Michkov being locked up in the KHL, I'm becoming less excited for next year's "super" draft.

Zellweger and Cormier are our best defenceman and it's by a margin so wide ur momma could fit inside. Seeley and Thompson are the next two, they're solid puck movers. It goes downhill from there. I thought Canada was supposed to be incredibly deep? I get that we're missing Power and Guhle, but cmon.
EsoYeezus69 et yikes a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 16 h 19
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Remus
Johnson - Stankoven - Foerster was an unstoppable force. Stankoven and Johnson are just everywhere, and Foerster finds the right places. They'll score at least 2 tonight.

Bedard has become a tad unimpressive to me. First and foremost, he does not like to pass the puck. Like, at all. As soon as he gets the puck on the opposing side of the red line, his only thought is "I'm gonna score". Even on the PP, the only time he passed was when he then opened up for a one timer. TBH, I'm starting to like Brayden Yager more and more, and although Bedard is just so dynamic, Yager passes the puck smartly. Idk man, with Bedard doing this crap and Michkov being locked up in the KHL, I'm becoming less excited for next year's "super" draft.

Zellweger and Cormier are our best defenceman and it's by a margin so wide ur momma could fit inside. Seeley and Thompson are the next two, they're solid puck movers. It goes downhill from there. I thought Canada was supposed to be incredibly deep? I get that we're missing Power and Guhle, but cmon.

Bedards predictability is a little worrisome but I wouldn’t stress too much rn; he just turned 17 and still has a full year ahead with a true WJC. I do agree tho - he has made the “issue” of Matei’s Russian factor seem like more of a non factor after reviewing his body of work this tournament.

Bedards got a shot no doubt - that alone warrants a high pick as the kids goal scoring ability isn’t teachable/ common. But a well oriented defence and some grit does seem to trouble him but again he is just 17 and will grow continuously into his 20-22 years.

I wouldn’t say I’d pick anyone over him yet but if he shows up in December and looks the same:

- solo type player
- shoot first second and third, hell maybe even fourth
- bland for the other 150ft of ice
- non factor if nothings in the net

It will lead to at least myself leaning more to Matei assuming they both follow a similar trajectory/ path until December. Mateis offensively ability isn’t exactly “2nd” to Bedard; his shot may be easily 2nd, but it’s not like Michkov doesnt bring more to the table than a shot; because he does.

Again Bedard can just prove this all wrong because if he’s getting 50 goals, 20 assists in the NHL I don’t think anyone else cares if he’s just a shot because goals are how you win games. If he’s Laine/ Ovi/ Cat that’s still immense value and you can easily argue few players in the professional league (NHL) have a better shot than a 17 year old.
Remus a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 16 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,055
Whose eligible to come back for Dec/2022-2023 WJC again

As I know Bedard is but who else. Also yes I know probs will see some new faces join teams
20 août 2022 à 16 h 51
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: aadoyle

As I know Bedard is but who else. Also yes I know probs will see some new faces join teams

I believe 11 Canadian players can return and maybe 19 Czechs (was the stat I believe from lastnight). Not sure the specifics or any other teams but thats what I recall them saying lastnight.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 17 h 2
Modifié 20 août 2022 à 17 h 13
Quoting: aadoyle

Zellweger, Bedard, Othmann, Ostapchuk, Stankoven, Roy, Gaucher, Kidney off the top of my head. Probably a few more. None of the goalies. Not Cormier, Greig, Dufour, Cuylle, or Johnson.

Edit: McTavish is eligible but will probably be in the NHL.
aadoyle, yikes et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 17 h 49
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 20 août 2022 à 17 h 58
If Wallstedt isn’t named the all tournament goalie - it’ll be a joke.

Sweden would’ve been eliminated/ not made the playoffs without him.

If it’s Garand I’ll riot.
aadoyle et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 18 h 23
EklundCelebriniSmith
Tomáš Suchánek has been awesome to watch for Czechia. Definitely their MVP; if not, top 3.

@Buffalofan has a great prospect to watch at the Buffalo camp - undrafted and on a tryout for the Sabres in the fall.
Db1899 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 19 h 18
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,102
Sweet Lou drafted two 1st liners in the WJC finals . This guy is incredible.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage