SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #9 - The Demise (Revival?) of Calgary

26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,954
Quoting: DirtyDangle
teams might be surprised how hard it is to move salary. not many teams can take it at this point.

Depends on how long the deal is but yeah its not easy

Like for instance Kerfoot should be pretty easy as its 1 year 3.5 mill cap hit but hes only owed 750k in actual money so there will be takers. But someone like Hornqvist is gonna be tougher to move even with 1 year left as for a 4th liner 5.3mill or whatever be to much and I believe its the whole thing with 0 SB
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 3
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Did you just finish up the SteveDangle video?

no. i dont watch him. what's he saying?
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 5
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: aadoyle
But someone like Hornqvist is gonna be tougher to move even with 1 year left as for a 4th liner 5.3mill or whatever be to much and I believe its the whole thing with 0 SB

I genuinely don't understand how the Panthers move that deal given the state of their prospect and pick pools. Its to the point I don't actually believe they can and instead, a roster player of value is going to be ejected.

Unless Hornqvist the cap going back in a Chychrun deal while the Coyotes get one of their remaining prospects and Knight.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 5
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Bold takes for 2022-23 NHL Season

Columbus Blue Jackets finish bottom 10 in the NHL

Carolina Hurricanes win Presidents trophy

Boston Bruins miss the playoffs

Winnipeg Jets blow it up at the deadline (PLD, Schiefele gone)

Seattle Kraken make the playoffs
csick et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 6
retired
Quoting: Devil
Then you got the Ducks chilling with 26M in cap space

yea. they'll be busy the next two weeks. the problem is that terry and zegas are up for extensions next season. they wont be cheap. anaheim is kind of a budget team too so i dont know how much they want to spend this year.
Devil a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 6
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,957

They’re not as bold as ppl may think
BuFfaLOFaN et Devil a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 6
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624

First and last ones are the only unrealistic ones.hot take: Mason Geertsen wins the Hart trophy
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 7
retired
Quoting: aadoyle
Depends on how long the deal is but yeah its not easy

Like for instance Kerfoot should be pretty easy as its 1 year 3.5 mill cap hit but hes only owed 750k in actual money so there will be takers. But someone like Hornqvist is gonna be tougher to move even with 1 year left as for a 4th liner 5.3mill or whatever be to much and I believe its the whole thing with 0 SB

kerfoot is gonna be saved by his deal. i could easily see him in arizona or anaheim.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 7
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Devon Toews

zk97, AndrewLadd et yikes a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I genuinely don't understand how the Panthers move that deal given the state of their prospect and pick pools. Its to the point I don't actually believe they can and instead, a roster player of value is going to be ejected.

Unless Hornqvist the cap going back in a Chychrun deal while the Coyotes get one of their remaining prospects and Knight.

To bad they dont got an Arb hearing time period or whatever as I believe it would have given them a buyout window and thats how they could have got out of it.

Either way that 2023 2nd and Deinosenko probs gone once Duclair gets healthy
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: DirtyDangle
kerfoot is gonna be saved by his deal. i could easily see him in arizona or anaheim.

I would have said Arizona if it wasnt for his M-NTC

I think Chicago takes him for one of their depth guys (been hearing Raddysh or Hardman have been rumored)

As then they can flip him at the TDL for assets

Anaheim also works to but I had Holl going there as he kind of makes sense for them as they need some experienced RD
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 22
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Juiceman
First and last ones are the only unrealistic ones.hot take: Mason Geertsen wins the Hart trophy

Letting in goals will still be a problem for Columbus; no changes in net (both goalies allowed over a 3.00 GAA), defense is the same except Gudbranson

Knights and Oilers will make the playoffs imo. Its up to LA, Seattle, and Vancouver for the last spot
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 22
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514

Bold Take. Buffalo finished within a couple games of the wild card. Beats Boston, Detroit and MTL in there division.

Everyone has them a bottom 3 eastern conference team. Which is a decline from where they where last year, 6th worst. Detroit and Ottowa are better on paper so that leaves us at 4th best. The thing about the sabres last year is that they really had 2 different seasons, the 55 games to start the season where the whole team was in shambles with injuries to a lot of starters and our top 4 goalies. And then the 30 Games to end the season when they actually had the team they wanted to play.

The first 55 games we where a bottom 4 team in the whole NHL. With 40 points in there first 55 games on pace to finish with 60 points.
The next 28 games we finished with 35 points, was a top 15 team in the NHL on pace to finish with 103 points.

Here is the NHL roster from last year.
Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
Krebs - Cozens - Hinnestroza
Asplund - Mittelstadt - Olofsson
Girgensons - Eakin - Okposo

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Pysyk - Jokiharju
Bryson - Fitzgerald

Anderson - Tokarski

Here is the Projected NHL Roster for this year.
Skinner - Thompson - Quinn
Krebs - Cozens - Tuch
Peterka - Mittelstadt - Olofsson
Asplund - Girgensons - Okposo

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Lybushkin
Bryson - Jokiharju

Comrie - Anderson

If the Sabres can get AVERAGE goaltending we would be increasing from .894 to .910 which would be a massive help. Comrie probably helps with that, UPL if he could break in full time to the NHL would be a big help, and Anderson just sucks.

The Sabres on Defense are gaining Power and Lybushkin which is a great add, that second pairing alone will dramatically increase how good our defense is, sheltering Bryson and Jokijarju a bit and letting Dahlin get more freedom in the Ozone.

The Forward core is replacing Eakin, and Hinnestroza with Quinn and Peterka which should help with scoring and spreading out our depth throughout all 4 lines.

So you add Comrie, Power, Lybushkin, Quinn, and Peterka to replace Tokarski, Pysyk, Fitzgerald, Eakin, and Hinnestroza to a team that already was on pace for 103 points does this team finish with 90-105 points and challenge for a wild card spot? Maybe pass Boston this year.

The Sabres Potentially have 10 top 6 forwards in the lineup. 3 first pair defenders, and a horrible Dpair lol
Devil a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 23
KFTW
Bold Take. Buffalo finished within a couple games of the wild card. Beats Boston, Detroit and MTL in there division.

Do the Sabres surprise next year? Everyone has them a bottom 3 eastern conference team. Which is a decline from where they where last year, 6th worst. Detroit and Ottowa are better on paper so that leaves us at 4th best. The thing about the sabres last year is that they really had 2 different seasons, the 55 games to start the season where the whole team was in shambles with injuries to a lot of starters and our top 4 goalies. And then the 30 Games to end the season when they actually had the team they wanted to play.

The first 55 games we where a bottom 4 team in the whole NHL. With 40 points in there first 55 games on pace to finish with 60 points.
The next 28 games we finished with 35 points, was a top 15 team in the NHL on pace to finish with 103 points.

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Pysyk - Jokiharju
Bryson - Fitzgerald

Anderson - Tokarski

Krebs - Cozens - Tuch

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Lybushkin
Bryson - Jokiharju

Comrie - Anderson

If the Sabres can get AVERAGE goaltending we would be increasing from .894 to .910 which would be a massive help. Comrie probably helps with that, UPL if he could break in full time to the NHL would be a big help, and Anderson just sucks.

The Sabres on Defense are gaining Power and Lybushkin which is a great add, that second pairing alone will dramatically increase how good our defense is, sheltering Bryson and Jokijarju a bit and letting Dahlin get more freedom in the Ozone.

The Forward core is replacing Eakin, and Hinnestroza with Quinn and Peterka which should help with scoring and spreading out our depth throughout all 4 lines.

So you add Comrie, Power, Lybushkin, Quinn, and Peterka to replace Tokarski, Pysyk, Fitzgerald, Eakin, and Hinnestroza to a team that already was on pace for 103 points does this team finish with 90-105 points and challenge for a wild card spot? Maybe pass Boston this year.

The Sabres Potentially have 10 top 6 forwards in the lineup. 3 first pair defenders, and a horrible Dpair lol

I like the Sabres I just think they’re a year away from pushing for the playoffs . They’re gonna rely on a lot of rookies .
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 24
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Letting in goals will still be a problem for Columbus; no changes in net (both goalies allowed over a 3.00 GAA), defense is the same except Gudbranson

Knights and Oilers will make the playoffs imo. Its up to LA, Seattle, and Vancouver for the last spot

Calgary is still going to be good. They lost Gaudreau and Tkachuk but gained Huberdeau and Weegar. I don’t see them missing the playoffs
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 25
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,495
All NHL Overpaid Team

Who did I miss?

My boy Brendan Gallagher
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 25
Quoting: csick
I like the Sabres I just think they’re a year away from pushing for the playoffs . They’re gonna rely on a lot of rookies .

For sure, don't think they are going to be in the playoffs i just think they will end up sneakily closer than everyone thinks. Like a lot closer to 100 than 75.
csick a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 27
Quoting: SevenLeg
My boy Brendan Gallagher

After last season there is definitely a case to be made. Maybe he can bounce back.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 28
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Noise about the Sabres

The biggest thing working against Buffalo is the rest of the Atlantic division.

I'd wager that Detroit was the only team to take an actual step back (really don't like their signings). Boston is going to start rough but once healthy are still one of the best clubs in the Atlantic. Tampa is no worse than they were last season. Toronto comes in about the same as where they were last season. Florida too. Meanwhile Ottawa has taken a galactic leap forward. If you're looking for a club to supplant the Bruins, they'll be the ones to do it. Montreal is hard to read because on paper they should be a better club than they were last year but I think they may be committed to a proper retool at the moment. I still think subtracting Petry is a loss as a whole.

Expectation for the Sabres is maybe 6th in the Atlantic ahead of Montreal and Detroit. Best case they get the jump on the Bruins akin to the Senators. I suspect their draft pick ends up around #9 at the 2023 draft.
yikes a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 30
KFTW
For sure, don't think they are going to be in the playoffs i just think they will end up sneakily closer than everyone thinks. Like a lot closer to 100 than 75.

I agree. Depending how good Peterka , Quinn and the goaltending are , they could surprise
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 30
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
The biggest thing working against Buffalo is the rest of the Atlantic division.

I'd wager that Detroit was the only team to take an actual step back (really don't like their signings). Boston is going to start rough but once healthy are still one of the best clubs in the Atlantic. Tampa is no worse than they were last season. Toronto comes in about the same as where they were last season. Florida too. Meanwhile Ottawa has taken a galactic leap forward. If you're looking for a club to supplant the Bruins, they'll be the ones to do it. Montreal is hard to read because on paper they should be a better club than they were last year but I think they may be committed to a proper retool at the moment. I still think subtracting Petry is a loss as a whole.

Expectation for the Sabres is maybe 6th in the Atlantic ahead of Montreal and Detroit. Best case they get the jump on the Bruins akin to the Senators. I suspect their draft pick ends up around #9 at the 2023 draft.

Best case is we win another lottery and pick bedard to replace Eichel and then go to the playoffs the next year lol.
BeterChiarelli et csick a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 33
Speak of the Devil

Everyone has them a bottom 3 eastern conference team. Which is a decline from where they where last year, 6th worst. Detroit and Ottowa are better on paper so that leaves us at 4th best. The thing about the sabres last year is that they really had 2 different seasons, the 55 games to start the season where the whole team was in shambles with injuries to a lot of starters and our top 4 goalies. And then the 30 Games to end the season when they actually had the team they wanted to play.

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Pysyk - Jokiharju
Bryson - Fitzgerald

Anderson - Tokarski

Krebs - Cozens - Tuch

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Lybushkin
Bryson - Jokiharju

Comrie - Anderson

I think they get in after next year
East is way too competitive
BuFfaLOFaN et csick a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 48
KFTW
I think they get in after next year
East is way too competitive

Flroida will be done soon
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 53
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Quoting: csick
Flroida will be done soon

Really don’t understand this take lol. A team with two 1Cs and a Norris caliber defenseman isn’t missing the playoffs. And that’s leaving out that they added one of the best wingers in the game
zk97 a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2022 à 16 h 54
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,495

They're putting a Dustin Brown statue next to Kobe & Gretzky
LeafsFanForSomeReason, yikes, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage