Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Kind of crazy that it's only been a year

Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 8 h 39
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I was going to comment that I couldn’t see Power having a Calder level season but Buffalo’s top 2 lines are better than I expected, Power might be able to put up a decent season, I think Beniers and Johnson are heads above the others though just looking at who they might play with while not being on a top line ( especially KJ, he’ll most likely start in the middle 6 with very good linemates, as long as Beniers isn’t Seattle’s 1c, the competition shouldn’t be too tough for him )

I think Power can come in and instantly be a #1 or #2 defender
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 5
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,381
@TZ11 how’d you think the Ducks set up their lines this year, you guys have so many talented young guys that could make a play for the team. I’m thinking something like-Silfververg-Zegras-Terry, Henrique-Strome-Comtois, Lundestrom-McTavish-Vatrano, Jones-Groulx-Grant
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 5
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: Juiceman
I was surprised about it as well but the stats prove it. They were actually good somehow.
FD6pnuEWUAIw-RI.jpg:large

What's this stat website name?
yikes a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 15
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Right.
But probably a 2nd + something was
Much rather that

Maybe. But if Burns didn’t even get a 2nd, I can’t see how the market was out there for Petry.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 16
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,263
Quoting: Alfie11
Call me crazy, but Bunting deserved to be the runner up. The Calder isn’t the “highest upside rookie” or “most impressive rookie with bonus points for being younger” award, it’s awarded to the player who had the best rookie season. And Bunting had the most points, and by FAR the most 5v5 points, and was eligible for the award by the rules. Yeah he ended the year on the top line in Toronto, which is arguably the best linemates you could ask for, but don’t forget he started on the 4th line and scored his way up the lineup to earn that job, stealing it from Nick Ritchie who was the guy they signed for that role, which is honestly more impressive than just sheltering a guy like Zegras with good linemates (or at least, pretty much as good as Anaheim could provide) off the hop and 82% ozone starts at 5v5 lol. And clearly (cough Nick Ritchie) not everyone can hang with elite players like that, so he did his job remarkably well.

I 100% agree. He was eligible - end of story. Anything else regarding his age is irrelevant.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 16
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,263
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
What's this stat website name?

Moneypuck
BuFfaLOFaN et yikes a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 18
Quoting: Alfie11
From the TOI stats it does look like Hughes had a rotating cast of partners, but it seems like OEL-Myers actually stayed pretty consistent (nearly a thousand minutes together).

Using expected goals does help a bit (better than actual goals in many cases, as that being better or worse than expected goals can be blamed on goaltending a lot of the time I think), but what this doesn’t account for is quality of opponent. McDonagh-Cernak would have almost certainly faced opponents’s top lines, whereas Hagg-Pysyk would have been played in a more sheltered role against bottom six lines in all likelihood. You’ll be happy to know that McDonagh-Cernak did finish with a better xGA/60 by the end of the year though (I think Juiceman’s screenshot must be from early in the season).

Hagg - Pysyk where actually playing top line opponents in the Dzone because they where the only experienced Dmen on the team. Dahlin and Jokiharju etc where getting more offensive moments.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 23
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Thinking out loud about early candidates for the Calder: Kuzmenko, Beniers, Boldy, Power, Slafkovsky, Kent Johnson, Wright.

Personally, I'd go Beniers (winner), Boldy, Power (runners-up).

I think Jack Quinn should be a consideration.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 24
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I think Power can come in and instantly be a #1 or #2 defender

He will instantly probably be the #3 defender. Playing with Ilya, which could help his offensive numbers if he's allowed some freedom. Probably power play #2, and I'd imagine he plays some PK cause he did this last year.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 34
WentWughes
Am I the only one who can turn on a player instantly?

I was really hoping that Poehling could eventually become a top 6 player with Montreal, but now that he's been traded to a rival in the Metro, mixed with him being an American, I really hope he busts.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 35

I was really hoping that Poehling could eventually become a top 6 player with Montreal, but now that he's been traded to a rival in the Metro, mixed with him being an American, I really hope he busts.

A Montreal classic, like the guy on your team until he’s gone, then he sucks
Saskleaf, justaBoss, SevenLeg and 2 others a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 52
retired
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761

not unique to montreal.

habs fans still like lehky and toffoli as far as i can tell. so i guess it depends on the player too.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 56
Quoting: DirtyDangle
not unique to montreal.

habs fans still like lehky and toffoli as far as i can tell. so i guess it depends on the player too.

I mean, it’s happened with Sergachev, Kk, people are now hating on Petry/Poehling, etc, it happens a lot in Montreal when a guy leaves
BuFfaLOFaN et zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 9 h 59
retired
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
I mean, it’s happened with Sergachev, Kk, people are now hating on Petry/Poehling, etc, it happens a lot in Montreal when a guy leaves

well i get the kk hate not that i blame kk for taking that offer, it was a no brainer. yea the others seem unjustified. serg was part of a bad trade and petry just wanted to be with family. poehling just never lived up to expectations.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 10 h 6
WentWughes

I think there's more factors than just him being off my team, I think it's more about their being more negatives now than positives. If he reaches his potential, it will help my rival nation
zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 10 h 7
WentWughes

None of those guys are Canadian, so yep. Works for me too. If there was a benefit to me if they reached their potential, then I could see it. Like Danault, hope he does great
17 juill. 2022 à 10 h 16
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,495

Depends on the way things ended. I usually still like former Habs unless they were playing completely disinterested hockey , bad human beings or if they're Kotkaniemi.

I wish nothing but good fortune to Poehling & Petry
17 juill. 2022 à 10 h 19
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Three reports that came out recently

Gaudreaus first choice was Philly but they never made an attempt to sign him

Wright dropped in the draft due to attitude issues (poor work ethic)

PLD attended the draft in Montreal with the expectation he will get traded to The Canadiens on draft night
zk97, BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 10 h 19
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Quoting: SevenLeg
Depends on the way things ended. I usually still like former Habs unless they were playing completely disinterested hockey , bad human beings or if they're Kotkaniemi.

I wish nothing but good fortune to Poehling & Petry

If they're Kotkaniemi laugh
zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 10 h 51
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,650
Quoting: Devil

PLD attended the draft in Montreal with the expectation he will get traded to The Canadiens on draft night

Further on this, here's a quote from Basu :

"A source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to The Athletic that Dubois attended the NHL Draft in Montreal because he believed a trade would be completed on the draft floor. As first reported by Radio-Canada’s Martin Leclerc, Montreal offered three players to the Jets in hopes of securing Dubois’ rights. You’ll recall that Montreal selected Slovak right winger Juraj Slafkovsky with the No. 1 pick and then acquired Kirby Dach from Chicago.

But Dach is not Montreal’s endgame. The Canadiens have continued their pursuit of Dubois since the draft."
zk97 et Devil a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 10 h 55
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,570
Quoting: pinslack
Further on this, here's a quote from Basu :

"A source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to The Athletic that Dubois attended the NHL Draft in Montreal because he believed a trade would be completed on the draft floor. As first reported by Radio-Canada’s Martin Leclerc, Montreal offered three players to the Jets in hopes of securing Dubois’ rights. You’ll recall that Montreal selected Slovak right winger Juraj Slafkovsky with the No. 1 pick and then acquired Kirby Dach from Chicago.

But Dach is not Montreal’s endgame. The Canadiens have continued their pursuit of Dubois since the draft."

i wonder if the jets found out that the habs were getting dach, so they wanted dach but the habs said no
17 juill. 2022 à 11 h 16
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 143
Quoting: Zuki9797
i wonder if the jets found out that the habs were getting dach, so they wanted dach but the habs said no

They would trade Dach no question.

The holdup is almost certainly that Winnipeg wanted Suzuki in exchange.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 11 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554

Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 11 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,950
Quoting: GarthBrooks

Yeah he aint getting that

At most 2mill maybe on three years.

As Sandin has played less games than Boqvist and if we look at the comparable for Sandin's next deal

1. Liligren 1.4 x 2 years
2. Valimakki 1.55 x 2 years
3. Jokiharju 2.5 x 3 years (Joki played in way more games)
4. Boqvist 2.6 x 3 (same as Joki)

Honestly Vali's deal is the best for him as if we compare him to Liligren hes played in 14 more games and has 4 more points
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage