2021-2022 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread #5-The East and the West

4 juin 2022 à 21 h 2
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: aadoyle

Yeah I think MacDermid should be in game 4

As an enforcer might be needed now to keep things in line

Kane saw the betting odds for him to get kicked out and couldn't resist
EsoYeezus69, aadoyle, Devil and 2 others a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 21 h 36
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,451
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
First off, let's start with the end of your comment, saying that we Rags fans were salty when the Isles went on a run... I'm not a member of any NYR fan club or whatever. I,m barely a part of ONE FB group about the NYR, so I can't have the pulse of every single NYR fan under the sun. And frankly, I'm a pretty principled guy, I'm a NYR fan that defends Sidney Crosby when other NYR fans call him a baby, because he's not, he's an exceptional player and I'd be willing to do the same for NYR fans that might've been salty when your Isles went on a run. No issue(s) there. The Isles had a good team, a well coached one and they deserved every bit of their runs.

Second, on the part about Adam Fox... is there a law out there that prevents a player from doing that? And I remember when the deal with CAR was made, not a lot of people expected him to become such a great defender, we knew he was gonna be a good part of our top four moving forward, but it wasn't clear he would become a top 5 d-man in the league. He exploded when he arrived in Manhattan, even even then, his first season, the 19-20 one, wasn't "fantastic" by popular metrics. Everyone was talking about Makar and Hughes, not particularly Fox. Hell, Tony Freaking DeAngelo had a flashier 19-20 season than Fox... that should tell you everything. So again, wrong here, he wasn't thought as as a potential Norris trophy winner or a franchise d-man. A good one? Yes, certainly... a great one? Likely... but not a Norris level one.

About TB building through the draft... TB wasn't lucky with some of their picks?? Come on my guy, you're smarter than that. I'll just give one example since this comment shouldn't take ages to read.

TB got insanely lucky finding Point 79th overall in 2014. If he got drafted by CLB 2 picks earlier then TB wouldn't even have had the chance to develop him, which erases your whole point about development.

Who was the guy drafted 2 picks earlier? A certain Blake Siebenaler... you probably never heard of him, and I don't blame you, he never played a game in the show and likely never will.

Things like this happen ALL THE TIME... teams find hidden gems in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds, it happens... hell, Lundqvist was a 7th rounder, Rinne and Byfuglien were 8th rounders, and DET picked two guys, you might have heard of them, respectively in the 6th and 7 round, PAVEL DATSYUK AND HENRIK ZETTERBERG. Was DET just "lUcKy" to have won in 08? No they weren't, they were an insanely good team. Luck is party of the game, and it's silly for anyone to deny it.

And you think we didn't develop our players properly? Miller became a strong top 4 d-man while being developed under us, Lindgren became one of the best young shutdown defenders in the league and he was developed by us, Shesterkin has been working with one of, if not the best goalie coach in the league for a few years now, Zibanejad became a star while being developed in NY, Strome got his career underway in the Big Apple and is due for a big payday thx to his time in us

If you truly believe we don't deserve it IF (and it's still a big 'IF' at this point) we conquer Lord Stanley then you're as blind as blind gets.

A line composed of three players that, up until a few weeks ago, 75% of hockey fans thought of as "busts" is our most energetic line and every player on there has single-handedly been better than Kuch, Stammer and Cirelli since the beginning of this series

You don't know what you're talking about regarding the NYR so stop trying to appear more knowledgeable than what you really are.

Actually TB traded for a pick higher to specifically get Point, because they scouted him very thoroughly. They knew he would become a massive impact player (as he was that in juniors already) but only if they could improve his skating ability by a lot. He had a greater skillset than many guys going first round - but his skating was poor compared to rest. Nowadays he's known as one of the best skaters around the league.

When it comes to developing players...Miller and Lindgren are decent, but obviously that comment mostly refers on Lafreniere and Kakko who have been very much disappointment considering where they were picked. Whether it's pure coincidence they're doing well in these playoffs or not will be seen next year - if they regress again I think it's fair to say Rangers' have had their struggles in developing prospects - and mainly forward prospects.

Overall I think you have several fair points, but imo it's also fair to say that NYR has been luckier than your average team, with key players wanting to sign specifically there (Panarin, Fox) or getting top2 picks in consecutive drafts...no other team has received such luck.

Is Rangers a lucky team? Yes. Are they deserving of a cup? Also yes. Luck can get you opportunities, but it won't get you consistent performance.
yikes et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 21 h 41
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,289
Quoting: justaBoss
Actually TB traded for a pick higher to specifically get Point

It's objectively hilarious that Minnesota traded back one spot and the player taken with their original pick was Point.
justaBoss, Devil, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 21 h 42
What in tarnation
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
It's objectively hilarious that Minnesota traded back one spot and the player taken with their original pick was Point.

I agree tears of joy
4 juin 2022 à 21 h 42
What in tarnation
Holy sh*t what a save from Smith
4 juin 2022 à 21 h 57
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
Perfect deflection by Darnell Nurse ties the game!

he is not 100% rn
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 4
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,702
Quoting: oilersguy
wow Mackinnon slew foots Drai and it isn't even a call

No slew foot.
Just saw the one replay.
Both of Mac's skates are planted on the ice through the full play.
He 'throws" Drai down' with his upper body/core strength...
Just Big-Boy Hawkey_110%.
No harm, no foul - play-on!!
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 8
What in tarnation
Dreger reports it sounds like Kadri is out of the series.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,018
Dreger reports it sounds like Kadri is out of the series.

Well looks like its Ben Meyers time to shine
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 22
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: aadoyle
Well looks like its Ben Meyers time to shine

Hes not allowed to play in the playoffs. He wasnt on the Avs reserve list before and wasnt signed by the deadline
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Mike Smith is king
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 28
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
lets go McLeod!!!
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 33
What in tarnation
I present you

VINTAGE MIKE SMITH
A_Habs_fan, aadoyle et zk97 a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 34
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
Hes not allowed to play in the playoffs. He wasnt on the Avs reserve list before and wasnt signed by the deadline

Oh yeah, than its Newhooks time to show his 2c potential or they go 7D with MacDermid
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 34
Welp I take that back, Mike Smith is still Mike Smith
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 36
What in tarnation
Mike Smith has decided that Nichushkin is not going to score a hatty.

He should have 4 goals by now tonight.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 39
Mike Smith has decided that Nichushkin is not going to score a hatty.

He should have 4 goals by now tonight.

There’s no way Colorado can keep him right?

Even if Kadri walks they still have to re sign Keumper Burakovsky and eventually MacKinnon
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 41
What in tarnation
Quoting: Canesfan21_

It depends on how much he asks, but I think they have the funds for keeping one of Kadri, Bura or Nuke. And Nuke is probably gonna be the cheapest of them. But this discussion belongs to the offseason forum.
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 50
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
FUS7kSGX0AAtxWA?format=jpg&name=medium
A_Habs_fan, aadoyle, Juiceman and 4 others a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 51
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Why does Woodcroft hate Puljujärvi (TOI 7:28)

Is he in this roster next year?
zk97 a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 51
Hakuna Matata
It depends on how much he asks, but I think they have the funds for keeping one of Kadri, Bura or Nuke. And Nuke is probably gonna be the cheapest of them. But this discussion belongs to the offseason forum.

Quoting: Canesfan21_

Even if Kadri walks they still have to re sign Keumper Burakovsky and eventually MacKinnon

I got a feeling Burakovsky is gone and Avs prioritize extending UFA's

Nichushkin
Kuemper

But then again with how Francouz has been this playoffs that could change. Still super early but something to keep an eye on
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 54
Mentions "j'aime": 12,102
Can’t believe Jack Johnson is going to be a Stanley cup champion
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 54
Speak of the Devil
FUdOlGHWYAAvVMU?format=jpg&name=900x900
McGruff, AndrewLadd, justaBoss and 3 others a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 54
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Db1899
Can’t believe Jack Johnson is going to be a Stanley cup champion

Can't believe Devon Toews is going to be a Stanley Cup Champion
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 22 h 56
Mentions "j'aime": 12,102
Quoting: Devil