SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread - Round One, Fight!

5 mai 2022 à 6 h 19
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,415
Quoting: mokumboi
Heh. Okaythen. Seems odd to confuse a first full season goalie with one in his fifth or whatever.

You know Campbell broke out around the 18-19 season where he posted a .928 in 31 games right? So he was around 27 and a 1st year goalie by then
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 7 h 8
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,471
Reading twitter this morning it seems like Kochetkov is quickly becoming a fan favorite.
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 7 h 29
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
MM16 PostGame Soapbox - GM 2 TBL 5-3 TOR

Not worried about losing last night. Simmonds took two needless penalties which resulted in goals. Could’ve been avoided, but also could’ve been killed. Leafs made a late push, glad they didn’t give up. Move on to game three
capsfan2121, Bobcat205, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 7 h 36
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Quoting: justaBoss
Reading twitter this morning it seems like Kochetkov is quickly becoming a fan favorite.

He was a fan favorite the first time he played. Guess goalies are able to do that until you lose
5 mai 2022 à 7 h 56
More Finns More Wins
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 632

It's mostly for this exchange with Marchand.

Ever since he got to the AHL and I assume earlier, he's been fiery and willing to stand up for himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he went down to center ice and Ray Emery'd someone at some point
justaBoss, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 6 others a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 8 h 0
What in tarnation
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
It's mostly for this exchange with Marchand.

Ever since he got to the AHL and I assume earlier, he's been fiery and willing to stand up for himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he went down to center ice and Ray Emery'd someone at some point

That an apparently he don't exactly speak English, which makes his attitude towards the game...maybe endearing towards some fans?
Hurricanes_WPG, capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 8 h 5
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
My Game 2 predictions, current record. 3-5

Carolina again, close game this time
Tampa ties it up, Vasi carries.
Minnesota ties it up, Kaprizov time.
Edmonton ties it up, Mcdavid is held pointless.

Current record increased a bunch! 7-5.
oilersguy et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 8 h 45
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Leafs Edition

Round 1, Game 2

Leafs lose, 5-3 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-I don’t really know what to expect going into Game 2, but I do NOT expect another decisive win like Game 1. I expect this to be close.

-Joe Bowen took a bit of time to document the various chants that the crowd was doing (“GO LEAFS GO”, “SOUUUUUP”, “MVP”). I think that’s kinda cool, but at the same time, there’s probably a breakout from behind the net or something happening, and we can’t see (it’s on the radio after all), so I don’t want to miss a thing.

-A too many men on the ice penalty. Not something you see every day, and DEFINITELY not something you see too often from a well-oiled machine like the Lightning. Would have been funny had the Leafs done anything with that power play.

-Patrick Maroon gets sent off for roughing, and Bowen made it sound like he tried to stab Timothy Liljegren with his stick. Again, would have been funny had they done anything with that opportunity.

-with ONE SECOND LEFT in the first period, Victor Hedman finally scores to put the Lightning on the board for the first time this series. Surprised it took this long, really.

-Not too long into the second, Corey Perry takes some time out of his job of being a d*ck to put Tampa up 2-0. If I’m being honest, that makes him MORE of a d*ck.

-Welcome back, Michael Bunting! He scores on a wrister off of a perfect pass by Mitch Marner. They’re back to within one now!

-And then like IMMEDIATELY afterwards, it’s right back to a two goal deficit. Nikita Kucherov scores on the power play to make it 3-1. Oof.

-Brandon Hagel scored to make it 4-1, surprisingly NOT on the power play, and then I went to bed because it was a school night. The Leafs tried to make a comeback, but fell 2 goals short. God, this has to be one of the most penalty-filled playoff series I’ve seen in a good bit. Whatever happened to “let ‘em play in the playoffs”?

Tampa is carrying some good momentum onto home ice. Let’s see how this turns out.
MitchMarner_16, zk97, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 9 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,764
i know its not a typical recorded stat. but does anyone know the record for most powerplays a team has gotten in a single game, i think the hurricanes having NINE... has to be some sort of record if not close to it. ive never seen anything that lopsided in a game ever. refs were a joke last night. lindholm gets buried, absolutely concussed (clean hit imo) and somehow the canes end up with a pp opportunity?? ive seen very poorly officiated games but that one last night shouldnt happen in a playoff game. you can say the bruins were undisciplined or whatnot but to give a team 3 5 on 3's with literally 9 powerplays. refs need to put the whistle away for some of that crap. the inconsistency across games/series is ridiculous.
5 mai 2022 à 9 h 4
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,415
Quoting: hanson493
i know its not a typical recorded stat. but does anyone know the record for most powerplays a team has gotten in a single game, i think the hurricanes having NINE... has to be some sort of record if not close to it. ive never seen anything that lopsided in a game ever. refs were a joke last night. lindholm gets buried, absolutely concussed (clean hit imo) and somehow the canes end up with a pp opportunity?? ive seen very poorly officiated games but that one last night shouldnt happen in a playoff game. you can say the bruins were undisciplined or whatnot but to give a team 3 5 on 3's with literally 9 powerplays. refs need to put the whistle away for some of that crap. the inconsistency across games/series is ridiculous.

Per this, 9 powerplays isn't even close to the record https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/which-team-has-the-most-power-play-opportunities-in-a-playoff-game
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 9 h 12
cautious optimism
Quoting: Canesfan21_
What happened to Desmith

Cramps

Quoting: Alfie11
cramps

Quoting: SevenLeg
cramps

Quoting: McGruff
cramps

i think he had cramps.
justaBoss, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 8 others a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 9 h 18
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

holy crap. 19? funny how majority of this list is pre 2010s. theres 1 on this list in the last decade.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 9 h 27
Quoting: Bobcat205
i think he had cramps.

I heard that too. Surprised no one on here gave the answer.
Bobcat205, csick, zk97 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 9 h 46
More Finns More Wins
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 632
Quoting: hanson493

Which penalty do you not call though?

Pastrnak: Head contact on opposing goaltender, basically an automatic penalty
Bergeron: Slashes the stick out of Fast's hand, always gets called
Carlo: Gets the extra penalty in the exchange with Kotkaniemi because he retaliated against a legal hit

Frederic: Hits Teravainen when he doesn't have and hasn't recently passed the puck, basically an exact mirror of a penalty DeAngelo got earlier
Carlo (again): Same reasoning as his earlier penalty. You can't go in punching a guy after he lands a clean hit, that's illegal so he gets the extra penalty
Forbort: Clear as day hold to stop a breakaway
DeBrusk: I don't actually remember this one, maybe it was a crosscheck, maybe it wasn't... THG says it was a clear crosscheck so I trust him

Forbort (x2): Swings his stick at ???, clips Teravainen in the face, draws blood, automatic two penalties.

What exactly do you "put the whistle away" for? You can maybe argue that Carlo should be allowed to respond to legal hits with punches but that's still 7 relatively undisputed powerplays.
A_Habs_fan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 9 h 48
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: Saskleaf
Saskatchewan actually (hence the “Sask” in my username).

Not very many pigs on our farm. Mostly chickens.

Oh ok! I know people in Maple Creek and Oxbow.
capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 9 h 50

I know one of the MPs for central saskatchewan, super nice people in the most boring province lol
capsfan2121, oilersguy et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 10 h 28
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197
Quoting: Sklikly
Complaining about hearing something "too much" as a leafs fan is comedy.

You still gonna be around when the Bolts become bottom feeders?
5 mai 2022 à 10 h 31
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,503
Quoting: mondo
You still gonna be around when the Bolts become bottom feeders?

I will
5 mai 2022 à 10 h 53
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,243
Modifié 5 mai 2022 à 11 h 3

I’ve been to Maple Creek. Not Oxbow though.

Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I know one of the MPs for central saskatchewan, super nice people in the most boring province lol

I want to protest, but I objectively can’t. Still the best.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 10 h 54
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
That an apparently he don't exactly speak English, which makes his attitude towards the game...maybe endearing towards some fans?

8AO1YL.gif
oilersguy, MitchMarner_16, justaBoss and 4 others a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 11 h 30
What in tarnation
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
8AO1YL.gif

Lmao tears of joy
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN and 3 others a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 11 h 45
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
Which penalty do you not call though?

Pastrnak: Head contact on opposing goaltender, basically an automatic penalty
Bergeron: Slashes the stick out of Fast's hand, always gets called
Carlo: Gets the extra penalty in the exchange with Kotkaniemi because he retaliated against a legal hit

Frederic: Hits Teravainen when he doesn't have and hasn't recently passed the puck, basically an exact mirror of a penalty DeAngelo got earlier
Carlo (again): Same reasoning as his earlier penalty. You can't go in punching a guy after he lands a clean hit, that's illegal so he gets the extra penalty
Forbort: Clear as day hold to stop a breakaway
DeBrusk: I don't actually remember this one, maybe it was a crosscheck, maybe it wasn't... THG says it was a clear crosscheck so I trust him

Forbort (x2): Swings his stick at ???, clips Teravainen in the face, draws blood, automatic two penalties.

What exactly do you "put the whistle away" for? You can maybe argue that Carlo should be allowed to respond to legal hits with punches but that's still 7 relatively undisputed powerplays.

anything retaliatory. alot of stuff that was called was not up to par for typical playoff officiating. ive seen the "clear as day hold" not be called going against the bruins where pasta or marchand was driving in all alone numerous times. especially in the stanley cup round vs the blues, its literally subjective to what the crew wants to call any night. marchand getting a penalty for "slashing" the goalie after he takes 2 slashes and a punch? why not call the initial crap to begin with.

any scenario where a player gets hurt clean hit or not, just send guys from both teams. dont hurt the team that literally just lost a player. pastrnaks "head contact" was barely head contact lmao. he went to avoid the shot/stick and swung arm cuz he lost balance, no ill intent at all there. svechnikovs clean hit was more egregious than that. raantas mask cuts him, nothing to do with pastas contact.

there were 3 or 4 penalties that were called during a "scrum" where somehow a bruin would end up with an additional 2 minutes even though literally everyone on the ice was punching people. just dont call them. my biggest gripe is calling "retaliatory" stuff maybe call the initial stuff and there wouldnt be any retaliation. can only take abuse so long before you gotta take it into your own hands.

I think the svech hit on lindholm is clean, borderline, but clean. but as a ref you have to control that situation. lindholm literally couldnt stand. they did such a poor job of "controlling" any part of that game. alot of ticky tack stuff called. that shouldnt have been.
5 mai 2022 à 12 h 27
cautious optimism
IT'S HERE. IT'S FINALLY HERE.

My end-of-season report is finished. Go and check it out if you so desire.
BuFfaLOFaN, capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 13 h 7
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,243
Quoting: Bobcat205
IT'S HERE. IT'S FINALLY HERE.

My end-of-season report is finished. Go and check it out if you so desire.

I'm liking this simply for the profile picture.
BuFfaLOFaN, aadoyle et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
5 mai 2022 à 13 h 21
cautious optimism
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
8AO1YL.gif

he do speak english
EsoYeezus69, capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage