SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Lias Andersson: Hero or Coward

Overall impressions with Lias Andersson after throwing silver medal into crowd?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

6 janv. 2018 à 9 h 46
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Moments after receiving his Silver Medal, Lias Andersson threw it over into the crowd. There has been debate on Twitter as to whether Lias is a coward and lacks class for heaving his medal over the glass or if he is a warrior for showing his displeasure of getting "first loser."

Here are my personal thoughts on the matter:

Pro(s):
- Shows that he came to Buffalo to get gold, and get gold only.
- Shows that he wants to be the best he can be, and anything less than 100% every shift is intolerable
- Shows that he is emotional and takes every single shift by heart
- Shows that he pins the loss more on himself than his teammates
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Con(s):
- Shows lack of thoughtfulness and lapse in judgement

6 janv. 2018 à 10 h 22
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,918
I just want to know why the fan was wearing three jerseys!
Daryl, phillyjabroni, Kotkaniemi15 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2018 à 10 h 25
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Big thing to remember is the guy is only 19 years old. These guys are kids and kids are emotional, this wasn’t the NHL or the Olympics these were young guys playing in the biggest game of their early careers. The tension was high, expectations were high, and after a great game by Sweden, the Canadians put it away with mere minutes left to play.

However, throwing away your medal is completely unprofessional and lacks class. He had every right to be angry, the entire Swedish roster was angry, but to go and throw your medal into the stands is the exact opposite of good sportsmanship.

Calling him a coward is way to extreme, but he’s not a hero either. He wanted to win bad, which is fine, unfortunately for him he was left heartbroken, and let his emotions get the best of him.
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2018 à 10 h 40
Habs/Pens fan
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 273
I think it's classless because he got silver (better than no medal or bronze) and acted like a sore loser by throwing it into the crowd. He got the medal back but it was very disrespectful. He regrets it but be thankful for the medal you got.
6 janv. 2018 à 11 h 50
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,783
Completely indifferent, who cares. most professional athletes who don’t have contracts from pro leagues like the NHL, NBA, etc, and that live off sponsorships, sell their medals. Nobody cares when they do that, but this kid who just got caught on camera tossing his to the crowd, and people on Twitter are losing their minds.

As someone who has won a fair amount of medals, (high school and Canadian college basketball), although they don’t compare to WJ medals, I have my gold medals hung up in my basement. My other medals are in a box back at my parents house I think.

So when Andersson tossed his Silver, it really didn’t bother me, he’s just a 19yo kid caught up in the moment, there’s no need to try and pass judgment if he should called a hero or a coward.
ON3M4N, Kotkaniemi15 et Buchnevesey a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2018 à 12 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
Don't really care what he does with his medal. Keep it, throw it into the crowd, trash, river, it doesn't matter to me. Ultimately in today's world there will always be someone who doesn't like what someone else did and it'll turn into a big social media debate. Had he kept the medal I'm sure there would be a debate about him being visibly upset and whether that means he's not mentally tough enough to play in the NHL or some other dumb irrational thought.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2018 à 12 h 40
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,798
Players toss their sticks to fans every game. Maybe he was just "thanking" a fan for coming to the game as are the stick toss. Who knows? Who cares? ButI think folks how to understand the definition of what cowardice is. It certainly was that.
6 janv. 2018 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,735
Me in front of everyone:
Yeah, total lack of respect for the game and obviously a lapse in judgement. I still like the kid but it was a classless thing to do.

Me all by myself:
Whatever, I don't blame him. Team games are generally have "winners and losers" mentality. Do the two losers in the conference finals each year, battle it out to see who is 3rd best? No......No one even gives 2 sh*ts about the runner up in the Cup final once its over...... Does the loser of the Stanley Cup, parade the Campbell or Wales trophy around after the SC is handed out to the winner?. Most times players doesn't even want to touch it...

Don't blame the 18 year old kid taught that there is only one way to win and anything but 1st is a failure. Blame the systemic hockey (sport) mentality that preaches it.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2018 à 15 h 43
Habs/Pens fan
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 273
I may still like Lias Andersson, in the future but that may look bad on his resume. I felt bad for team Sweden because they just looked so sad. cry
7 janv. 2018 à 0 h 33
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
It was an extremely close game, one that the Swedes should’ve won if Hart didn’t stand on his head. In the heat of the moment, with all the emotions running high, he acted with his emotions. He’s a 19 year old kid that just lost the biggest game of his life and was handed a medal saying “you were so close, but lost”.

Would I have thrown the medal? No. Do I have an issue with him throwing it to a fan. Absolutely not. It shows that he’s a passionate player, wears his heart on his sleeve, and will only accept winning.
awatt a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2018 à 15 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 435
It's his medal. If he doesn't want it he doesn't have to keep it. What's the problem?

Quoting: philyjabroni
Con(s):
- Shows lack of thoughtfulness and lapse in judgement

...only if he regrets it.
10 janv. 2018 à 16 h 15
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
It's his medal. If he doesn't want it he doesn't have to keep it. What's the problem?

...only if he regrets it.

I think the point is that its a disrespectful thing to do when someone is doing a nice gesture. It'd be like getting a hockey jersey of your second favorite team for Christmas and then burning it front of your parents. Yeah its your's to do with it what you want I guess but its disrespectful.
10 janv. 2018 à 16 h 18
Quoting: F50marco
I think the point is that its a disrespectful thing to do when someone is doing a nice gesture. It'd be like getting a hockey jersey of your second favorite team for Christmas and then burning it front of your parents. Yeah its your's to do with it what you want I guess but its disrespectful.

How? He didn't destroy it. It'd be more like getting a hockey jersey of your second favorite team for Christmas and then giving it to your nephew. Not disrespectful at all.

Is it disrespectful for Jose Mourinho to throw his medals multiple times (winners and losers) into the crowd?
10 janv. 2018 à 16 h 21
How? He didn't destroy it. It'd be more like getting a hockey jersey of your second favorite team for Christmas and then giving it to your nephew. Not disrespectful at all.

Fair enough. it would be like giving it to a random stranger fight after receiving it. Right in front of them watching. Lol
10 janv. 2018 à 16 h 25
Quoting: F50marco
Fair enough. it would be like giving it to a random stranger *right after receiving it. Right in front of them watching. Lol

I would hope they'd be okay with such a kind gesture for a complete stranger.
10 janv. 2018 à 16 h 38
I would hope they'd be okay with such a kind gesture for a complete stranger.

Lol anyways man, see my comment above. I have no problem with the kid. I was just pointing out the negative connotation some people will have with that gesture.
10 janv. 2018 à 17 h 54
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
I actually thought he was just trying to be nice to a fan cause it's never been done before. I actually think it was a pretty interesting thing to do and i see nothing wrong with it.
10 janv. 2018 à 18 h 45
LafreneiretoKravtsov
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 833
I think its classless (disrespects the game, tourney, his team, coach)
I think it shows a desire to win and not settle, and he showed a ton of emotions.

Overall, I'm indifferent.
I can see why some would love it and some would hate it... I'd rather not make a big deal about it. He's still a kid.
11 janv. 2018 à 10 h 31
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
I'm not sure why people think this was supposed to be a nice gesture to a fan. If you watched his face and his body language, you could tell he was very emotional and upset about the loss. He threw the medal out of frustration, not out of kindness and charity. He didn't see the medal as a legitimate accomplishment and he probably didn't want to be reminded of it, so he just chunked it.
F50marco a aimé ceci.
11 janv. 2018 à 12 h 36
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
I'm not sure why people think this was supposed to be a nice gesture to a fan. If you watched his face and his body language, you could tell he was very emotional and upset about the loss. He threw the medal out of frustration, not out of kindness and charity. He didn't see the medal as a legitimate accomplishment and he probably didn't want to be reminded of it, so he just chunked it.

Seriously.
11 janv. 2018 à 15 h 20
I'm a Skatman
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 295
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

I have seen a single person holding that opinion and it's RAIF... so... yeah
11 janv. 2018 à 21 h 41
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
I have seen a single person holding that opinion and it's RAIF... so... yeah

Quoting: palhal
Players toss their sticks to fans every game. Maybe he was just "thanking" a fan for coming to the game as are the stick toss. Who knows? Who cares? ButI think folks how to understand the definition of what cowardice is. It certainly was that.
12 janv. 2018 à 6 h 28
Mentions "j'aime": 163
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Completely indifferent, who cares. most professional athletes who don’t have contracts from pro leagues like the NHL, NBA, etc, and that live off sponsorships, sell their medals. Nobody cares when they do that, but this kid who just got caught on camera tossing his to the crowd, and people on Twitter are losing their minds.

As someone who has won a fair amount of medals, (high school and Canadian college basketball), although they don’t compare to WJ medals, I have my gold medals hung up in my basement. My other medals are in a box back at my parents house I think.

So when Andersson tossed his Silver, it really didn’t bother me, he’s just a 19yo kid caught up in the moment, there’s no need to try and pass judgment if he should called a hero or a coward.

It still shows a lack of class and sportsmanship, I don't care if he's a "kid"......gotta understand the moment you are in and act accordingly....
12 janv. 2018 à 6 h 32
Quoting: ON3M4N
Don't really care what he does with his medal. Keep it, throw it into the crowd, trash, river, it doesn't matter to me. Ultimately in today's world there will always be someone who doesn't like what someone else did and it'll turn into a big social media debate. Had he kept the medal I'm sure there would be a debate about him being visibly upset and whether that means he's not mentally tough enough to play in the NHL or some other dumb irrational thought.

oh he will likely play in the NHL, but I doubt he's mentally tough enough to win a championship. For a captain of a team to act like this shows not only lack of class, but also questions Team Swedens management giving him that responsibility.....
12 janv. 2018 à 6 h 33
Quoting: palhal

Can you clarify this post? Seems you missed some key words making it unreadable

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage