SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 7 - Shambles

2 mai à 22 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,126
Joe Woll needs a lifetime contract extension sent his way on July 1st.
RipNasty, Saskleaf, palhal and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 mai à 22 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,149
History is repeating like 2013 and 2018

Now do the Leafs finally slay the Bruins idk lets see

Its do or die

Got a feeling BOS is gonna come out fighting tooth and nail to avoid a repeat of last year. Our PP is really gonna need to get going

And while this may be controversial even if Matthews good to go sit him. Leafs have played their best games without him save him for FLA
2 mai à 22 h 57
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,165
Quoting: aadoyle
History is repeating like 2013 and 2018

Now do the Leafs finally slay the Bruins idk lets see

Its do or die

Got a feeling BOS is gonna come out fighting tooth and nail to avoid a repeat of last year. Our PP is really gonna need to get going

And while this may be controversial even if Matthews good to go sit him. Leafs have played their best games without him save him for FLA

Nah, a health Matthews makes a huge difference and they want this so bad.
2 mai à 22 h 58
Rip
Quoting: LeafsForLife
Thought it was funny how they dropped the puck for 0.1 seconds left, good thing Nylander scored on that breakaway. I don’t think Woll losing his shutout at the last possible split-second is top of mind though

I am sure they would have played that last 5 seconds differently if they didn't have a 2 goal lead.
2 mai à 22 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
Nah, a health Matthews makes a huge difference and they want this so bad.

They are 2-0 without him lul with b2b strong performances minus the PP. Like man everyone is just playing like they want it rn. One time we saw an impact with him was game 2 vs. Ullmark.

Him coming back could derail all momentum built up going to this game 7. Since he's been out TOR has been playing with a purpose and has been fighting more rather than just trying to get him the puck or making him do most of the work

Its controversial but I say save him for FLA.
2 mai à 23 h 5
Hakuna Matata
They are 2-0 without him lul with b2b strong performances minus the PP. Like man everyone is just playing like they want it rn. One time we saw an impact with him was game 2 vs. Ullmark.

Him coming back could derail all momentum built up going to this game 7. Since he's been out TOR has been playing with a purpose and has been fighting more rather than just trying to get him the puck or making him do most of the work

Now yes there are other factors like them being on the brink of elimination and all that causing survival mode to be enabled but still Leafs record without him has surprisingly been good since his debut in 2016. Again its controversial but it also could be a worth it gamble

But anyways wont matter if Wes McCauley is officiating game 7 anyway lul
2 mai à 23 h 14
Rip

Come on, having a healthy Matthews out there doesn't hurt you.
2 mai à 23 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Come on, having a healthy Matthews out there doesn't hurt you.

1-3 with him and as we saw they have faired fine without him in a do or die moment

Why potentially hurt that momentum going into a do or die 7

Him coming back could hurt more than help

Save him for FLA
2 mai à 23 h 18
Rip
1-3 with him and as we saw they have faired fine without him in a do or die moment

Why potentially hurt that momentum going into a do or die 7

Him coming back could hurt more than help

Save him for FLA

That's just silly. If he's healthy you can't possibly sit him.
Saskleaf, Random2152 et Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
2 mai à 23 h 26
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,245
Modifié 2 mai à 23 h 35
<a href=8otxpg.jpg">
2 mai à 23 h 29
Saskoiler for now
Modifié 2 mai à 23 h 36
Quoting: Saskleaf
lIFmPKOa7cB.gif

Why is it so big lol 🤦‍♂️
2 mai à 23 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 3 mai à 3 h 14
That's just silly. If he's healthy you can't possibly sit him.

Again 2-0 without him and we have seen them play there best games without him

Everyone has stepped up big when he's been out the change we saw out of Marker, Willy, and JT from game 5 and 6 along with the depth and Dcore play has been huge

What if he comes back and we see them go back to playing like they did game 4?

Its a risky gamble but rest him for FLA. As ruining this momentum could just lead to another game 7 catastrophe

Plus he may not come back 100% healthy anyway
3 mai à 1 h 53
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,661
BOS just gifted yah a 4min PP

Score on it

Better not see a 1/20

Can someone tell me why Robbie isn't being tried on PP1?

Nothing is working and with no Matthews, what is it that this PP has to lose? It's clear that Swayman can't handle Robbie's shot cleanly...so put him on it...damn stupid coaches.
3 mai à 2 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX

Nothing is working and with no Matthews, what is it that this PP has to lose? It's clear that Swayman can't handle Robbie's shot cleanly...so put him on it...damn stupid coaches.

I mean he hasn't got one past Swayman though so yea. He was out good chunk of that 4 min and it didn't work. I don't think it's personnel but execution specifically entries and setup adaptability
3 mai à 5 h 15
Cowan Season
Mentions "j'aime": 1,003
Win Saturday and I’ll be so happy
RipNasty, Leafsfan98 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 mai à 6 h 19
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,304
Quoting: Saskleaf
Why is it so big lol 🤦‍♂️

That's what she said (definitely not to me though)
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 mai à 7 h 53
Rip

Keefe doesn't like him for some reason
3 mai à 8 h 24
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,772

Fast forward to 12:39

Woll 》Samsonov
RipNasty a aimé ceci.
3 mai à 10 h 25
Rip
Quoting: Trickster

Fast forward to 12:39

Woll 》Samsonov

If only someone had been harping about that for the past few weeks. Woll should have been in from the start. At least since game 2.
3 mai à 10 h 41
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
That's what she said (definitely not to me though)

I knew someone was going to say that 🤦‍♂️😂
3 mai à 11 h 37
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,661
So...I'm going to say something but it's not because the guy scored 2 goals last night. William Nylander had his best game as a Leaf last night and no..it wasn't because of the goals because we've seen plenty of that from him.

What I saw in the first period was Willy make 2 defensive plays and help take the puck out of the zone. Then...in the third period he delivered a hit in the Leafs zone and took the puck away again.

If we are getting this version of Willy Styles, then he's going to be worth every penny of this contract that's kicking in.

We need this version of Nylander game in and game out, especially in the playoffs. Had not seen this until last night but now want more!
3 mai à 12 h 15
Cowan Season
Mentions "j'aime": 1,003
After seeing his performance in games 5&6 , is it wrong for me to say I’m confident Woll can be our starter next year?
RipNasty et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 mai à 12 h 35
Rip
Quoting: CameronSquires
After seeing his performance in games 5&6 , is it wrong for me to say I’m confident Woll can be our starter next year?

What's is mind blowing to me, is how everyone hasn't been on board with him all season? I go back to the playoffs last year. I have never been comfortable with Sammy as the starter, his stats vs Tampa weren't great last year. He was brutal in game 1, and game 5 he was also really bad. Vs Florida he allowed bad goals in all 3 starts. Then his start to this season he was brutal.

Even when he was winning a lot he wasn't playing well, the leafs just scored a tonne. Woll was the number 1 before getting hurt. Why they didn't do everything possible to get him up to speed is ridiculous. Sammy finished poorly and was exactly as predicted in the playoffs.

Woll is the future of the team unless Hildeby is better, in which case that's amazing. At least there are no doubters now. Woll gives this team a chance to win.
3 mai à 12 h 39
Rip
So...I'm going to say something but it's not because the guy scored 2 goals last night. William Nylander had his best game as a Leaf last night and no..it wasn't because of the goals because we've seen plenty of that from him.

What I saw in the first period was Willy make 2 defensive plays and help take the puck out of the zone. Then...in the third period he delivered a hit in the Leafs zone and took the puck away again.

If we are getting this version of Willy Styles, then he's going to be worth every penny of this contract that's kicking in.

We need this version of Nylander game in and game out, especially in the playoffs. Had not seen this until last night but now want more!

I have been dreaming of Willy getting mad and laying some hits. He's legit a beast physically. 6 feet and over 200 lbs, he's a solid solid dude, he so hard to get off the puck when he has it. Add a little anger and aggression and he becomes so so so much better and we are seeing it.

I also loved the first period from him. He likely "appeared to be invisible" to some, those though only see hits and points because he was so good in his zone that period the puck never really came to him but he had an impact. Then he made stuff happen when he had the puck. Love it! I hope he absolutely runs Marchand in game 7
oneX a aimé ceci.
3 mai à 13 h 1
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 3 mai à 13 h 23
Quoting: CameronSquires

Never go based on 2 playoff games for how a goalie will do in the regular season never goes well

Look at Korpisalo

Had one of the most dominant playoffs and since has been meh to bad. Not saying same for Woll but goalies are rarely consistent and silly geese

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage